Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Anxiety Over Inec’s Bid To Dump Ddc Machines - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anxiety Over Inec’s Bid To Dump Ddc Machines (3691 Views)

APC Should Take Over INEC And Other Institutions - Oyegun / Anxiety Over Early Results: Wada, Audu In Tight Race / Anxiety Over Cracks On N2.5bn Jonathan Commissioned Flyover In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anxiety Over Inec’s Bid To Dump Ddc Machines by maasoap(m): 5:26pm On Feb 21, 2011
@Kobojunkie
I watched the television the day federal legislatives threw out the idea of using e-voting when presented during prof. Iwu era based on the fact that we (most Nigerians) are not educated to understand e-voting. Just the same way the idea of banning spraying of naira at parties was thrown out of the house. Manual voting is not Jega's fault but that of our legislators.
Re: Anxiety Over Inec’s Bid To Dump Ddc Machines by Kobojunkie: 5:31pm On Feb 21, 2011
maasoap:

@Kobojunkie
I watched the television the day federal legislatives threw out the idea of using e-voting when presented during prof. Iwu era based on the fact that we (most Nigerians) are not educated to understand e-voting. Just the same way the idea of banning spraying of naira at parties was thrown out of the house. Manual voting is not Jega's fault but that of our legislators.

Do you realize how --- ROFLMAO ----

Phew!! I was beginning to wonder if it would take us another 20 years for an amendment to enable this. So, you are saying it has nothing to do with the constitution at all? lol

So, simply because, according to them, majority of Nigerians are not educated, we did not have Electronic voting back in the days of Iwu? Well, INEC can as well take it on itself this time around to EDUCATE people on how to simply use the Electronic voting, which is usually a 1-2-3 step process. I don't see what the problem really is.
Re: Anxiety Over Inec’s Bid To Dump Ddc Machines by franktolk(m): 6:16pm On Feb 21, 2011
Ha! am really devastated and disappointed, this is advanced fee fraud, 419 of the highest order.
Re: Anxiety Over Inec’s Bid To Dump Ddc Machines by Muza(m): 7:13pm On Feb 21, 2011
Jega is as crookish as he is incompetent, Nigerians have been conned, and the saddest part is that we might not do anything about it cry
Re: Anxiety Over Inec’s Bid To Dump Ddc Machines by Abeem(m): 7:18pm On Feb 21, 2011
Mr. Jega-Jega is so audacious he didn't consider the implication because he knows full well that Nigerians will only complain and whine; and nothing will ever comes out of it. It is pathetic that this is how $78 billion naira will be washed down the toilet.
Re: Anxiety Over Inec’s Bid To Dump Ddc Machines by Pharoh: 7:26pm On Feb 21, 2011
I dey laugh . . . grin
Re: Anxiety Over Inec’s Bid To Dump Ddc Machines by Muza(m): 7:32pm On Feb 21, 2011
Abeem:

Mr. Jega-Jega is so audacious he didn't consider the implication because he knows full well that Nigerians will only complain and whine; and nothing will ever comes out of it. It is pathetic that this is how $78 billion naira will be washed down the toilet.

Its N87.7bn + N6.6bn, also heard he wants more
*smh* sad
Re: Anxiety Over Inec’s Bid To Dump Ddc Machines by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:38pm On Feb 21, 2011
Muza:

Its N87.7bn + N6.6bn, also heard he wants more
*smh* sad

What Jega wants, Jega Gets, just watch and see (hmmmn watch and see) grin
Re: Anxiety Over Inec’s Bid To Dump Ddc Machines by Carlosein(m): 7:38pm On Feb 21, 2011
did i hear someone calling for a revolution?
Re: Anxiety Over Inec’s Bid To Dump Ddc Machines by tlops(m): 7:49pm On Feb 21, 2011
what is it with INEC these days, we survived wuruwuru iwu now Jaga jaga Jega,
Re: Anxiety Over Inec’s Bid To Dump Ddc Machines by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:51pm On Feb 21, 2011
Carlosein:

did i hear someone calling for a revolution?

shocked WHERE!!!  shocked please stop scaring me. I thought you meant calls for a revolution in Nigeria phew  tongue It will never happen. Nigeria is the only country I know where Public Protests have a Deadline. Start at 9:00AM Close 3:00PM, go back home after 2 days if it is not working as planned  grin
Re: Anxiety Over Inec’s Bid To Dump Ddc Machines by Carlosein(m): 8:26pm On Feb 21, 2011
^^LWKMD!

or someone who sees you on TV calls u asking why you are joining 'riff-raffs' to disturb the peace. you know you are better than that grin
Re: Anxiety Over Inec’s Bid To Dump Ddc Machines by obailala(m): 8:36pm On Feb 21, 2011
Please I need someone to educate me cos I dont understand what's goin on here.

Did INEC or Jega ever announce or promise anybody that DDC machines were to be used for elections??

I thought the DDC machines where to be used to create a voters register? . .That's what we were told so where is this allegation of dumping ddc machine coming from?

What has Jega done wrong again by following our constitution to warrant all these lousy insults from nairalanders?

If e-voting is to be used, shouldnt it be the national assembly's duty to make the recommendation first b4 we insult INEC?

Nigerians we really need to wake up from this slumber. . Insulting people carelessly without getting our facts right will not get the nation anywhere.
Re: Anxiety Over Inec’s Bid To Dump Ddc Machines by solihu(m): 8:47pm On Feb 21, 2011
O.k
Re: Anxiety Over Inec’s Bid To Dump Ddc Machines by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:21pm On Feb 21, 2011
obailala:

Please I need someone to educate me cos I dont understand what's goin on here.

Did INEC or Jega ever announce or promise anybody that DDC machines were to be used for elections??

I thought the DDC machines where to be used to create a voters register? . .That's what we were told so where is this allegation of dumping ddc machine coming from?

What has Jega done wrong again by following our constitution to warrant all these lousy insults from nairalanders?

If e-voting is to be used, shouldnt it be the national assembly's duty to make the recommendation first b4 we insult INEC?

Nigerians we really need to wake up from this slumber. . Insulting people carelessly without getting our facts right will not get the nation anywhere.

You should get your facts un-twisted. it will help you get this nation somewhere if not anywhere at all
1: The Voters Register is the single most important piece of election material in any Democratic Election (besides the constitution and the voters themselves)
2: The Voters Register ensures that only eligible voters are allowed to change the course of their country's future for better (or for worse)
3: It is one formidable check against Election-Rigging. confirm how the Voter's register was used in the court of law to nullify illegally elected (election-riggers) Governors from power
4: Over N90 billion has been spent on the DDC Machines to ensure a Free/Fair Credible Elections that INEC Chairman is in charge of
5: By virtue of the importance of the Voters register and the pivotal role of the DDC Machine. It is key to Elections in 2011, without it, you can rest assured that it won't be a Free/Fair Credible Elections because data captured by the DDC Machine (Hard-Facts) will not be used, but a manual voters register open to manipulations the likes we saw in Delta, Edo, Ekiti, Ondo states the last elections.

Is the Voters Register compiled? is it vetted for accuracy and approved for use in the 2011 Elections? If so, why dump N90 billion only to expend probably twice the amount in 2015 when another round of elections is due. but that is not the worry here. the key worry is that INEC is pushing to dump the machines for the purpose they were bought in the 1st Place !!! how can you sit there and not know these facts?
Re: Anxiety Over Inec’s Bid To Dump Ddc Machines by debosky(m): 9:31pm On Feb 21, 2011
Dunno how 'e voting' is prohibited under the Electoral Act (it definitely can't be the constitution).

Unless the law explicitly states the voting method to be used, I don't see how it would restrict it.

If anyone has an account of where Jega initially stated the DDC equipment was going to be used for voting, it should be shared.

Regardless of the method of compilation, what is important is the integrity of the voters' register. This is where attention should be focused on.
Re: Anxiety Over Inec’s Bid To Dump Ddc Machines by trueword: 9:59pm On Feb 21, 2011
this jonathan govt. is unbelievably wasteful. How can Jega and govt. spend almost N100 billion on machines and now want to throw them out the window.

Why can't they use the DDC machines as a way to verify that the person coming to vote has registered. then person can submit paper ballot. They don't have to vote through a computer. They should have had a bar code printed on each card which would get scanned by computer and pull up info of the person to make sure they are legitimately registered.

I really don't know who should win this upcoming Presidency election .

Jonathan is too wasteful,

Buhari is old and still doesn't believe that more private sector participation and not government can move country forward fast,

Ribadu has not really articulated what he really wants to do or what his economic plans are,

Pat Utomi's party has no real weight to sway votes.

oh boy. I can't tell where Nigeria's future is heading.
Re: Anxiety Over Inec’s Bid To Dump Ddc Machines by DeepSoul(f): 11:20pm On Feb 21, 2011
Nna na wa oh!

What can I say! sad
Re: Anxiety Over Inec’s Bid To Dump Ddc Machines by texazzpete(m): 11:49pm On Feb 21, 2011
I agree with @obailala.
INEC never said they'd use the DDC machines for the general elections. In fact, when addressing the senate, Jega specifically told them that electronic voting was not going to be used.
The DDC machines were used to capture relevant data. The data is supposed to be screened for anomalies and/or fraud and then printed as a manual voters register.

I don't understand this sudden anti-Jega vitriol. Can any of you provide a link or source to where Jega promised electronic voting to anyone.
Re: Anxiety Over Inec’s Bid To Dump Ddc Machines by frgy1: 9:31am On Feb 22, 2011
texazzpete:

I agree with @obailala.
INEC never said they'd use the DDC machines for the general elections. In fact, when addressing the senate, Jega specifically told them that electronic voting was not going to be used.
The DDC machines were used to capture relevant data. The data is supposed to be screened for anomalies and/or fraud and then printed as a manual voters register.

I don't understand this sudden anti-Jega vitriol. Can any of you provide a link or source to where Jega promised electronic voting to anyone.
True
But the question is , why did we go through so much trouble and spend so much money on the voter's registration, if on election day , there will be no credible means of verifying the authenticity of these cards ?
u must have seen one if u don't have one,these 'cards' are just laminated strips of ordinary paper (many nigerians ,including me, laminated it themselves)
What stops anyone from mass producing these cards since there will be no means of checking them on the D day? (You know better than to say manual register I hope )
What are we doing ?
Re: Anxiety Over Inec’s Bid To Dump Ddc Machines by Delafruita(m): 10:25am On Feb 22, 2011
Frankly,i never expected miracles from jega,but i expected better.i visited the website for some info and to my chagrin the website still tells me voter registration begins tomorrow and that i should vote in the delta re-run.the website lacks basic info which you expect to find.even the list of candidate's is not there.why then do we expect more serious tasks to be carried out with seriousness and precision?
Re: Anxiety Over Inec’s Bid To Dump Ddc Machines by texazzpete(m): 2:56pm On Feb 22, 2011
frgy_:

True
But the question is , why did we go through so much trouble and spend so much money on the voter's registration, if on election day , there will be no credible means of verifying the authenticity of these cards ?
u must have seen one if u don't have one,these 'cards' are just laminated strips of ordinary paper (many nigerians ,including me, laminated it themselves)
What stops anyone from mass producing these cards since there will be no means of checking them on the D day? (You know better than to say manual register I hope )
What are we doing ?

I'm going to say it anyway. The manual register smiley
Re: Anxiety Over Inec’s Bid To Dump Ddc Machines by OlawumiX: 4:45pm On Feb 22, 2011
For as many are still asking what is wrong with not using the DDC machines. Here are a dew reasons
1. Nigeria has spent 94Billion or so on them
2. Jega asked for this 'Machines' initially
3. It suggests to us that Jega has ulterior motives, maybe ;
a. He is a thief
b. He wants to manipulate the system
c. He is incompetent
d. Theres a pipper somewhere dictating the tune
e. or all of the above
4. Even if DDC cant be used for evoting, how do we accredit voters and invalidate double voters like Jega has been shouting and crying.

All in all either due to incompetence or because he is dubious Jega has finished us if he takes us for this ride. I wonder where the conscience of a man lies and he can calmly dump 90+Billion
Re: Anxiety Over Inec’s Bid To Dump Ddc Machines by frgy1: 5:18pm On Feb 22, 2011
texazzpete:

I'm going to say it anyway. The manual register smiley
LMAO , you really had me LOLing with that grin
And the thing is , that is exactly what is going to happen
Re: Anxiety Over Inec’s Bid To Dump Ddc Machines by fbest: 8:52am On Feb 24, 2011
oh!lord GOD that answereth by fire from d dayz of our fore farther u av been d same,now that our country nigeria needs a change,we are been over charged to bring dis change we need by d canal mens of dis our gre8 nation.yet on thr own selfish intrests fail to do ur wil.dey av faild us bt we strongly believe in u&that there ar stil gud ones among thm,father look unto our gre8nation&grant them grace2deliver change2 us fo ur words concernin our gre8nation b fulfild&curse them that loot her treasures&dem tht work against to remain poor&expozd, so help us GOD))))
Re: Anxiety Over Inec’s Bid To Dump Ddc Machines by againstGEJ(m): 1:02am On Feb 25, 2011
engineerd:

please we need to start demanding a change, forget egypt and tunisia, can we organize a protest??

who dey stop u?
Re: Anxiety Over Inec’s Bid To Dump Ddc Machines by wealthlift(m): 9:37am On Mar 26, 2011
A clear indication that GEJ has already won!

(1) (2) (Reply)

James Ibori,individual Punishment Or Justice? / Funny Political Pics(memes) / Peter Obi Congratulates Ogbonnaya Onu Over SGF Appointment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.