Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,788 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Our Revolution Is Death Sentence To Corrupt Public Officers Simple - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our Revolution Is Death Sentence To Corrupt Public Officers Simple (1309 Views)

PanamaPapers Exposes Enrico Monfrini, Nigerian Public Officers May Be Prosecuted / Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 / Chief Justice Of Nigeria Bans Plea Bargain For Corrupt Public Servants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Revolution Is Death Sentence To Corrupt Public Officers Simple by KnowAll(m): 9:01am On Feb 21, 2011
[size=16pt]OUR OWN REVOLUTION IN THIS COUNTRY IS SIMPLE,  DEATH SENTENCE IF YOU STEAL ABOVE N5MILLION NAIRA "SEKANA". IF A PRIMA FACIA CASE CAN BE PROVEN AGAINST ANY PUBLIC OFFICER,  THEN THAT OFFICER WOULD BOOK AN APPOINTMENT WITH THE HANGMAN CASE CLOSE.

CORRUPTION!!
CORRUPTION!!!
CORRUPTION!!!!

A PDP MAN IN SOKOTO STATE CALLED FOR THE DEATH SENTENCE. I SUPPORT IT 1000%. I LIVE IN A DEMOCRACY ABROAD & I KNOW TO MAKE $10,000.00 IS NO SMALL FEAT, YET IN NIGERIA, A COUNTRY THAT IS NOT PRODUCING ANYTHING (EXCPET OIL WHICH IS MEANT TO BE FOR THE COUNTRY AND NOT SOME PREVILEDGE FEW'S POCKET)YOU WOULD FIND SEMI-ILLETRATES STEALING $100 MILLION DOLLARS & NOBODY BATS AN EYE. [/size]

[size=16pt]ANY REVOLUTION THAT DOES NOT INCORPORATE THIS POLICY IS ONE REVOLUTION SHORT OF WHAT WE DESIRE. [/size]
Re: Our Revolution Is Death Sentence To Corrupt Public Officers Simple by EzeUche2(m): 9:08am On Feb 21, 2011
T.A. Orji

Orji Kalu

Ohakim

Peter Odili

All of these men are guilty in my eyes. The way I see things, members of the same ethnic group must carry out this action against their own. So each person should do so in their own respective regions.
Re: Our Revolution Is Death Sentence To Corrupt Public Officers Simple by againstGEJ(m): 9:26am On Feb 21, 2011
How many will you kill? The Councillors in the local government offices? the the chairmen, the vice chancellors, the rectors, the permanent secretary, the NGOs, by the time you finish, everyone will be dead, including the hangman himself.
Re: Our Revolution Is Death Sentence To Corrupt Public Officers Simple by KnowAll(m): 9:26am On Feb 21, 2011
T
.A. Orji

Orji Kalu

Ohakim

Peter Odili

All of these men are guilty in my eyes. The way I see things, members of the same ethnic group must carry out this action against their own. So each person should do so in their own respective regions

Even in the SW, I have not seen anyone worthy of commendation except Fashola. I think the way forward would be an amenesty to draw a line and start from a particular date. Secondly judgement can be carried out by special corruption courts. Declaration of assets of public officer's b4 taken a job  should be emphasised and the asset declartion detailing the various assets should be put in a public domain,  most probably a web site where members of the public can log on, gain entrance and view the reports of what their candidates are worth and compare notes 5 or 6 years later.

A man with only one house in Enugu cannot suddenly wake up one day and annouce that he has a hotel in Abuja, Lagos, Enugu and petrol stations all over the place without telling the world how he acquired the wealth. Noting is happening in our country and no one should even say thay made it in the private sector,  because the private sector in Nigeria is dead. The only business in Nigeria is Goverment business.
Re: Our Revolution Is Death Sentence To Corrupt Public Officers Simple by Lagosboy: 9:28am On Feb 21, 2011
With no doubt in my mind, corruption will be reduced to 1% within one year if 100  senior poiltiicans are exterminated within this period.

However if the govt will not implement this , maybe the people should start these themselves  undecided
Re: Our Revolution Is Death Sentence To Corrupt Public Officers Simple by KnowAll(m): 9:28am On Feb 21, 2011
How many will you kill? The Councillors in the local government offices? the the chairmen, the vice chancellors, the rectors, the permanent secretary, the NGOs, by the time you finish, everyone will be dead, including the hangman himself

We would kill all of them even if they are 10,000, it is better to get rid of 10,000 bad oranges than mix those bad oranges with 100 good oranges.
Re: Our Revolution Is Death Sentence To Corrupt Public Officers Simple by KnowAll(m): 9:40am On Feb 21, 2011
[ll
Re: Our Revolution Is Death Sentence To Corrupt Public Officers Simple by againstGEJ(m): 9:41am On Feb 21, 2011
10,000? Then you dont know what corruption is in Nigeria. If you have experience Nigeria first hand, and not what you read in papers, you will know that 10,000 corrupt Nigerians is just a tip of the iceberg. We are talking about every Nigerian being corrupt. Killing only 10,000 is just doing a prelude to killing everyone.
Re: Our Revolution Is Death Sentence To Corrupt Public Officers Simple by KnowAll(m): 9:42am On Feb 21, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I actually want post the above on the other thread about Buhari"flee if u have anything to hide" but it has been locked.
Re: Our Revolution Is Death Sentence To Corrupt Public Officers Simple by againstGEJ(m): 9:42am On Feb 21, 2011
Re: Our Revolution Is Death Sentence To Corrupt Public Officers Simple by againstGEJ(m): 9:43am On Feb 21, 2011
KnowAll:

[size=16pt]SENTIMENTS APART, BB IS THE CLOSEST TO A REVOLUTION WE WOULD HAVE IN THIS COUNTRY. AND IF WE ARE NOT GOING TO HAVE A REVOLUTION THEN WE MIGHT AS WELL VOTE FOR BB.

SE SHOULD JOIN THIS MINI REVOLUTION BY VOTING BB- JONATHAN HAS COMPROMISED TOO MUCH WITH CORRUPT PEOPLE EVEN GOING TO BEG IBB,CIROMA AND ATIKU, WHO ELSE JONATHAN GOING TO BEG THE " DEVIL" I SUPPOSE[/size][/size].

? What is this with the title?
Re: Our Revolution Is Death Sentence To Corrupt Public Officers Simple by KnowAll(m): 9:48am On Feb 21, 2011
10,000? Then you dont know what corruption is in Nigeria. If you have experience Nigeria first hand, and not what you read in papers, you will know that 10,000 corrupt Nigerians is just a tip of the iceberg. We are talking about every Nigerian being corrupt. Killing only 10,000 is just doing a prelude to killing everyone.

[size=14pt]BY THE TIME 10,000 people goes down, society at large would wake up. For society to evolve there should be rives of blood, but in this instance it would be blood of the corrupt ones and not innocent blood. UK and USA lost more than 2 million of their citizens in the 1st and 2nd world war, if we lose 100,000 corrupt individuals that is a worthy price to pay for growth, prosperity, economic bouyancy.

20,000 public officers cannot hold 149 million Nigerians to ransome[/size].
Re: Our Revolution Is Death Sentence To Corrupt Public Officers Simple by againstGEJ(m): 9:54am On Feb 21, 2011
It is not only public officers that are corrupt. You will have to kill everyone to wipe corruption out in Nigeria. IMHO
Re: Our Revolution Is Death Sentence To Corrupt Public Officers Simple by KnowAll(m): 9:58am On Feb 21, 2011
SENTIMENTS APART, BB IS THE CLOSEST TO A REVOLUTION WE WOULD HAVE IN THIS COUNTRY. AND IF WE ARE NOT GOING TO HAVE A REVOLUTION THEN WE MIGHT AS WELL VOTE FOR BB.

SE SHOULD JOIN THIS MINI REVOLUTION BY VOTING BB- JONATHAN HAS COMPROMISED TOO MUCH WITH CORRUPT PEOPLE EVEN GOING TO BEG IBB,CIROMA AND ATIKU, WHO ELSE JONATHAN GOING TO BEG THE " DEVIL" I SUPPOSE[/size].

? What is this with the title?

I post here becos the other thread has been locked.
Re: Our Revolution Is Death Sentence To Corrupt Public Officers Simple by KnowAll(m): 10:03am On Feb 21, 2011
It is not only public officers that are corrupt. You will have to kill everyone to wipe corruption out in Nigeria. IMHO

BANKERS WHO STEAL THE PUBLIC'S MONEY WOULD BE HANGED. WE CANNOT TRUST OUR BANKS WITH OUR MONEY AND THEY STEAL IT.

However private corruption in private companies would be excempted.
Re: Our Revolution Is Death Sentence To Corrupt Public Officers Simple by againstGEJ(m): 10:20am On Feb 21, 2011
hahahahaha.

You see why the problem is hydra headed? Exempt private corruption? Why? You see why it is hard to deal with corruption? You can not tackle it on just one side alone - public and leave out the private. Not a solution.,
Re: Our Revolution Is Death Sentence To Corrupt Public Officers Simple by KnowAll(m): 10:24am On Feb 21, 2011
hahahahaha.

You see why the problem is hydra headed? Exempt private corruption? Why? You see why it is hard to deal with corruption? You can not tackle it on just one side alone - public and leave out the private. Not a solution.,

Private corruption can be dealt with by what we have now, the person gets arrested by the police, gets taking to court as it is now and is sentence according to current laws.
Re: Our Revolution Is Death Sentence To Corrupt Public Officers Simple by KnowAll(m): 10:27am On Feb 21, 2011
[size=16pt]Public Office duty should be seen as a service to the nation not a cash cow where u go and make money. It is tantamount to a soldier serving his fathers land and opening fire against home troops in the heat of battle. That is what corrupt officials are doing to the economy, [/size]
Re: Our Revolution Is Death Sentence To Corrupt Public Officers Simple by ofala(m): 10:45am On Feb 21, 2011
KnowAll:

[size=16pt]OUR OWN REVOLUTION IN THIS COUNTRY IS SIMPLE,  DEATH SENTENCE IF YOU STEAL ABOVE N5MILLION NAIRA "SEKANA". IF A PRIMA FACIA CASE CAN BE PROVEN AGAINST ANY PUBLIC OFFICER,  THEN THAT OFFICER WOULD BOOK AN APPOINTMENT WITH THE HANGMAN CASE CLOSE.

CORRUPTION!!
CORRUPTION!!!
CORRUPTION!!!!

A PDP MAN IN SOKOTO STATE CALLED FOR THE DEATH SENTENCE. I SUPPORT IT 1000%. I LIVE IN A DEMOCRACY ABROAD & I KNOW TO MAKE $10,000.00 IS NO SMALL FEAT, YET IN NIGERIA, A COUNTRY THAT IS NOT PRODUCING ANYTHING (EXCPET OIL WHICH IS MEANT TO BE FOR THE COUNTRY AND NOT SOME PREVILEDGE FEW'S POCKET)YOU WOULD FIND SEMI-ILLETRATES STEALING $100 MILLION DOLLARS & NOBODY BATS AN EYE. [/size]

[size=16pt]ANY REVOLUTION THAT DOES NOT INCORPORATE THIS POLICY IS ONE REVOLUTION SHORT OF WHAT WE DESIRE. [/size]

God bless you my brother. Till we begin to ask these THIEVES some questions, they will keep raping us and everything we all have. One problem we have is that they will NEVER allow good minded fellows to come on board, But i believe their times will be up sooner than later.
Re: Our Revolution Is Death Sentence To Corrupt Public Officers Simple by KnowAll(m): 11:00am On Feb 21, 2011
Tema, Oct. 28, GNA - President John Evans Atta Mills on Thursday inaugurated the 10.4-kilometre revived Accra-Tema sub-urban railway service and called on the managers of the facility to ensure maintenance, safety and quality service.

He stressed that maintenance is very critical to the project.

President Mills said too often well-intentioned projects have been inaugurated with glee only for them to collapse in no time because of lack of maintenance.

President Mills warned that Government would not tolerate any revenue leakage in the running of the line and the service.

The total cost of the project is $37.5 million. It is borne by the Government of Ghana and pre-financed by the contractor, M/S Amandi Investments.
It involves the acquisition of six coach 600 passenger capacity train and the rehabilitation of the railway stretch from Asoprochonaa at Sakumono.

With fanfare, the President, Ministers of State, Members of Parliament, traditional rulers, workers of the Ghana Railway Company, citizens and residents of Tema expressed joy at the completion of the project that would largely ease vehicular traffic congestion on roads from Accra to Tema, and make train services available and convenient for commuters.

President Mills also cut the sod for work to begin on the extension of the line, which currently terminates at the Tema Harbour to the Japan Motors factory at Community One.

Before taking a ride in the new train from Tema to Accra, President Mils told the inauguration party that the importance of rail transportation could not be underestimated.

President Mills said rail transport had opened up and developed major economies and Government, as part of its infrastructure expansion programme, is acting to give a new life to the nation's rail system.

He said his Administration continued with the project which started under the Kufuor Administration and acknowledged that governance is a continuous project, under which one Government continued from where the previous government's left off.

[size=14pt]This project cost the Ghanian government $37.5 million Dollars for goooooodness sake. I don’t see why such urban railway is not in almost all our state capitals and all our major towns like Onistsha, Warri , Ogbomosho and Zaria that are not even Capitals.

$37.5 dollars “pere”, this is what our stuuupiiid Governors would spend in acquiring homes in Dubai, London OR America[/size]
Re: Our Revolution Is Death Sentence To Corrupt Public Officers Simple by 1025: 11:17am On Feb 21, 2011
all our politicians will die over night especially those in pdp.
Re: Our Revolution Is Death Sentence To Corrupt Public Officers Simple by monkeyleg: 11:17am On Feb 21, 2011
Whilst I do accept that there is a need for severe sanctions against those who have stolen Nigeria dry, I do not think that death sentence is the way to go

Firtsly becasue you are unlikely to get the sort of support you need to do this, because quite frankly corruption in Nigeria has been accepted as a way of life, so you might end up being the only one left after your crusade (wont be a bad idea)

But secondly and most importantly, you do not have the capacity within the justice system to carry out such a task. Who is judged so corrupt to be sent to the gallows.

I would suggest you are likely to have more support if lengthy jail terms are handed out, and I means at a minimum 7yrs with the right of parole after 5. This includes hard labout, and the stripping of all assets.

But to achieve this you need a determined, firm and just leader., and if we are fair to the pack of jokers on display, only Buhari and Ribadu come close
Re: Our Revolution Is Death Sentence To Corrupt Public Officers Simple by KnowAll(m): 11:23am On Feb 21, 2011
Ghana and Brazil on Wednesday signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in Accra to construct a 9,000 megawatt (MW) capacity hydroelectric dam on River Oti, at Juallay near Pwalugu in the Upper East Region.

Construction of the dam, which has been on the drawing board since 1992, is part of measures being instituted by government for additional 3,000 MW to the current national installed capacity of 2,000 MW.

Work is expected to begin next year at an initial cost of $300 million, with the Brazilian government providing $250 millio and $50 million by the government of Ghana.

Dr Joe Oteng-Adjei, Minister of Energy who signed for Ghana, said other thermal projects were underway to boost the country's energy sector.
[size=16pt]Zungeru dam launch recently by Goodluck Jonathan would cost $1.2 billion dollars and it would only generate only 6000+ watts.

Another wool pulled over our eyes in Nigeria , the amount we are spending would can build 4 dams.[/size]
Re: Our Revolution Is Death Sentence To Corrupt Public Officers Simple by monkeyleg: 11:29am On Feb 21, 2011
@Knowall,

what you are saying is so true, and I have campained tirelessly for transparency and accountability. The common man is si fooled that he is prepared to accept anything at any cost.

Why should Nigerias Voters registeration be the most expensive in the world and if we are being frank, and we have to learn to, the Job done was rubbish. Some would suggest that a more effective excersize could have been carried out with a fraction of the cost and with a much better and confident outcome

why should we be importing dustbin from the UK? The questions are too much, but as usual, people will duel on sentiments rather than facts and reality
Re: Our Revolution Is Death Sentence To Corrupt Public Officers Simple by KnowAll(m): 2:08pm On Feb 21, 2011
@Knowall,

what you are saying is so true, and I have campained tirelessly for transparency and accountability. The common man is si fooled that he is prepared to accept anything at any cost.

Why should Nigerias Voters registeration be the most expensive in the world and if we are being frank, and we have to learn to, the Job done was rubbish. Some would suggest that a more effective excersize could have been carried out with a fraction of the cost and with a much better and confident outcome

why should we be importing dustbin from the UK? The questions are too much, but as usual, people will duel on sentiments rather than facts and reality

[size=14pt]Nobody would buy a car worth $5,000.00 dollars for $50,000.00, why is our government awarding a contract worth $300million dollars for $1.2 billion dollars. This is no brainier, we use our intuition in our every day lives.

When our wives go to the market they haggle for us and our house-hold, getting the best bargain for the family, why can’t our government look for the best bargain for the Nigeria people. Why can’t the Nigerian government save money for the next generation or even the next project by getting a good bargain.[/size]
Re: Our Revolution Is Death Sentence To Corrupt Public Officers Simple by ShangoThor(m): 2:33pm On Feb 21, 2011
[size=18pt]We can’t even curb financial extortion amongst the Police Force, whose Officers openly accept bribes, so who do we intend to use to carry out the arrests, PLEEEEASE![/size]
Re: Our Revolution Is Death Sentence To Corrupt Public Officers Simple by KnowAll(m): 2:46pm On Feb 21, 2011
We can’t even curb financial extortion amongst the Police Force, whose Officers openly accept bribes, so who do we intend to use to carry out the arrests, PLEEEEASE

[size=16pt]MR MAN, IF WE CURB THOSE BASTARRRRRDS MILKING OUR TREASURY DRY THERE WOULD BE ENOUGH TO PAY THE POLICE A DECENT WAGE. [/size]
Re: Our Revolution Is Death Sentence To Corrupt Public Officers Simple by Dede1(m): 2:49pm On Feb 21, 2011
EzeUche_:

T.A. Orji

Orji Kalu

Ohakim

Peter Odili

All of these men are guilty in my eyes. The way I see things, members of the same ethnic group must carry out this action against their own. So each person should do so in their own respective regions.

Please, when issues pertaining to by-products of day-dreaming such as revolution in Nigeria appear on Nairaland, I beg you to apply caution to your fingers and temperament before posting the names of your people whom you presumed corrupt. If these names you have posted are the only corrupt personages in Nigeria, you have no business talking about revolution talk less partaking in one.

Since your last post, I guess you have not seen names of presumed corrupt personalities posted by other contributors to this forum. It does not mean that corrupt politicians are limited to one section of country. Rather it is exercise of prudent on the part of contributors.

The wise person is not the person that makes the loudest noise in deliberation but the person who try to understand others so that he/she could be understood. When everybody laughs, he/she who exposes his/her teeth is caught as cause of the laughter.

There is no doubt that revolution could have been a solution to certain societal decadence if Nigeria had been disintegrated into several nation states. But as Nigeria is presently configured, revolution is as good as figments of wild imagination.
Re: Our Revolution Is Death Sentence To Corrupt Public Officers Simple by KnowAll(m): 3:09pm On Feb 21, 2011
Please, when issues pertaining to by-products of day-dreaming such as revolution in Nigeria appear on Nairaland, I beg you to apply caution to your fingers and temperament before posting the names of your people whom you presumed corrupt. If these names you have posted are the only corrupt personages in Nigeria, you have no business talking about revolution talk less partaking in one.

Since your last post, I guess you have not seen names of presumed corrupt personalities posted by other contributors to this forum. It does not mean that corrupt politicians are limited to one section of country. Rather it is exercise of prudent on the part of contributors.

The wise person is not the person that makes the loudest noise in deliberation but the person who try to understand others so that he/she could be understood. When everybody laughs, he/she who exposes his/her teeth is caught as cause of the laughter.

There is no doubt that revolution could have been a solution to certain societal decadence if Nigeria had been disintegrated into several nation states. But as Nigeria is presently configured, revolution is as good as figments of wild imagination.

Your tribes man, Ezechue posted those name not me.
Re: Our Revolution Is Death Sentence To Corrupt Public Officers Simple by ShangoThor(m): 3:10pm On Feb 21, 2011
KnowAll:

[size=16pt]MR MAN, IF WE CURB THOSE BASTARRRRRDS MILKING OUR TREASURY DRY THERE WOULD BE ENOUGH TO PAY THE POLICE A DECENT WAGE.  [/size]

[size=18pt]Bro I agree with you, but there is a lot more to it, the whole damn country has to be purged. It’s about targeting all Africans that keep the masses in abject poverty, it’s about this malfunctioning system that we have got where locals will sell out to Oyinbo, and Oyinbo is defined as anybody that is non black, Europeans, Abrabs, Chinese, Indians, damn the whole thing makes me sick.[/size]

But yet there are those that would suggest that we are making progress, and things will get better one day!
Re: Our Revolution Is Death Sentence To Corrupt Public Officers Simple by EzeUche2(m): 4:07pm On Feb 21, 2011
Dede1:

I don't care if they post the names of their corrupt officials, I am not going to protect my own, because they are from the same tribe as me. Come to Abia and see the widespread looting that both Orji Kalu and T.A. Orji have done to my state. I can only weep.

They have caused so many problems, that the state is the laughing stock in the entire South-East. Corrupt officials only deserve death in my eyes. How can you bankrupt a state, when there is so much suffering. I cannot comprehend how a person can be immune to the suffering around them and still loot without a guilty conscious.  It leaves a distaste in my mouth. All the names that I mentioned are guilty of this.

Heads need to roll.
Re: Our Revolution Is Death Sentence To Corrupt Public Officers Simple by EzeUche2(m): 4:19pm On Feb 21, 2011
And what about OBJ, IBB, Gowon etc?

In a civilized country, they would be rotting away in prison.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Etteh Is Obasanjo's Romantic Interest, Say American Officials / Five Policemen Raped, Tortured Female Polytechnic Student In Cell / How Gej Will Win The April 2011 Presidential Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.