Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,165 members, 7,849,597 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:01 AM

Kaycee Madu - I Look Forward To The Day Nigeria Rewards Hard Work - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kaycee Madu - I Look Forward To The Day Nigeria Rewards Hard Work (222 Views)

Nigerian Lawyers In Canada Stand By Kaycee Madu / Kaycee Madu Appointed Justice Minister In Canada / Kelechi (Kaycee) Madu Wins Election In Canada (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kaycee Madu - I Look Forward To The Day Nigeria Rewards Hard Work by Racoon(m): 10:06am On Sep 01, 2020
Kaycee Madu, a Nigerian-born lawyer appointed minister of justice and solicitor-general of Alberta in Canada, says he looks forward to the day Nigeria will become a place where hard work and merit are rewarded.

Madu recently became the first African to be appointed minister of justice in the Canadian province after his previous role as minister for municipal affairs.

His appointment was described as one that would bring the needed perspective & change in the justice system.
In a tweet on Sunday evening, Madu thanked Nigerians who celebrated his appointment.

“Thank you for all the support and prayers coming from Nigeria and Nigerians in the diaspora,” he said. I look forward to the day when Nigeria and Africa become places where hard work and merit are rewarded. Chukwu Gozie!”

Madu had his tertiary education at the University of Lagos where he studied law before he was called to bar in the early 2000s.In 2005, he and his wife who also studied law migrated to Canada where they have been practising.

In a statement signed by Femi Adesina,the presidential spokesperson, Pres.Muhammadu Buhari congratulated Madu on his achievement.The president described the honour as landmark and historic saying it once again pedestals people of Nigerian descent as go-getters, who distinguish themselves in different walks of life.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thecable.ng/look-forward-day-nigeria-rewards-hard-work-nigerian-minister-canada/amp
cc Lalasticlala OAM4J

Re: Kaycee Madu - I Look Forward To The Day Nigeria Rewards Hard Work by ggirl4real: 10:12am On Sep 01, 2020
We, Nigerians in Nigeria, also look forward to that day.
Re: Kaycee Madu - I Look Forward To The Day Nigeria Rewards Hard Work by Pollosa1: 10:16am On Sep 01, 2020
cry this is a subtle jab at the Nigerian system.

1 Like

Re: Kaycee Madu - I Look Forward To The Day Nigeria Rewards Hard Work by Racoon(m): 10:16am On Sep 01, 2020
The defective structural, economic, military and economic foundation that Nigeria was formed upon makes merit a taboo.This is because once these are eliminated, then the present power mongers will loose their relevance
Re: Kaycee Madu - I Look Forward To The Day Nigeria Rewards Hard Work by Racoon(m): 10:24am On Sep 01, 2020
Pollosa1:
This is a subtle jab at the Nigerian system.
Well, this is not a jab but the painful truth about what Nigeria is all about from antiqiuty.If Nigeria have truly lived up to expectations, the iconic man would have been the CJN in his home country.

The fact that many Nigerians have immigrated while more are still eager to move to foreign nations where they have continue to make great exploits is a great indictment on the system failure back home.The rotteness of this nation continue to rub off in our face
Re: Kaycee Madu - I Look Forward To The Day Nigeria Rewards Hard Work by PureGoldh(m): 10:25am On Sep 01, 2020
Brozay....you go wait tire oh.

Just do your best and keep your circle clean....9ja government no even care if you turn urself to sacrificial lamb
Re: Kaycee Madu - I Look Forward To The Day Nigeria Rewards Hard Work by Racoon(m): 11:00am On Sep 01, 2020
Madu recently became the first African to be appointed minister of justice in the Canadian province after his previous role as minister for municipal affairs.

His appointment was described as one that would bring the needed perspective & change in the justice system.
Re: Kaycee Madu - I Look Forward To The Day Nigeria Rewards Hard Work by juvewalex(m): 11:35am On Sep 01, 2020
Nigeria will have to disintegrate before that can happen. We have useless and unreasonable people at the helm of affairs currently.

(1) (Reply)

Largo's Politics And Tinubu / We Are In Fore-front Of Remuneration And Upkeep Of Royal Fathers - Obiano / Tinubu Begs Ondo Monarchs To Help Akeredolu Win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.