Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,933 members, 7,824,932 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Fiancee Or Spouse Visa, Which Is Better? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Fiancee Or Spouse Visa, Which Is Better? (4134 Views)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Spouse Visa/indefinate Leave To Remain(uk) / Fiancee Or Spouse Visa, Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fiancee Or Spouse Visa, Which Is Better? by bikolo: 10:24am On Jun 20, 2007
Dear NAIRALANDERS
I am  presntly living in lagos at the moment and my girlfriend is british living in the Uk,we have been dating each other for over a year now and we are bent on getting married, but she has always want to get married in the chuch of england, thats her family church,ratehr than in nigeria but i would like anyone with a vast idean on the uk settlement thing to please advise which would be better and faster, a fiancee visa or spouse visa, she has all the requirements needed,we would like to know how long does it take to process these applications, would fiancee visa be faster or should we get married here in lagos and apply for  a settlement, all her family lives in england and she would want them present,
pls Akolawola,imani and others i would want your views,Thank you
Re: Fiancee Or Spouse Visa, Which Is Better? by hollirigth(m): 8:40am On Jun 26, 2007
I think spouse visa is better though I live in US, reason being that you will have enough evidence during your visa interview. The time difference is not that much. Also yo can always do another wedding when you make it to UK, you can just do traditional or court type in nija in low key and do church wedding in UK.
Good luck.
Re: Fiancee Or Spouse Visa, Which Is Better? by bikolo: 10:16am On Jun 30, 2007
Thank you all for Hollright (hope i got the name right)i appreaciate.
Re: Fiancee Or Spouse Visa, Which Is Better? by johnthomas: 1:52pm On Aug 17, 2007
Dear Nairalanders, i need your positive advice and i will really appreciate it.
I ve liven in the UK illegally for close to ten years and i was dating an english woman, unfortunately i was arrested for a civil offence(driving without papers)and i was given administrative removal to nigeria, i was told to go and apply from nigeria to come back again if i desired.That was about 2 yrs ago.
I am now intending to apply again with my fiancee who came to nigeria to visit me, she just left some days ago,she wants me to apply as her fiance and wants us to get married in england, she has all the documents they require, mortgage, a good job, payslips,birth cert,our photos, letters and emails,everything they might need is available for us, i am just a bit worried as i havent of people applying as fiance, though its under the settlement application, i am scared of my application being turned down since i was removed by their authorities, though i have had 2 friends who actually had the same problem and their women came around to get married and they have been issued 2 yrs settlement visa. i am applying as a fiance visa and if am granted visa which will be only for 6 months and wont be allowed to work and i must get married within the 6 months before i apply for an extension for 2 yrs, pls nairalanders what are the odds against this kind of application, am all ears.thanks
Re: Fiancee Or Spouse Visa, Which Is Better? by Vicjustice: 6:43pm On Aug 17, 2007
Dear Bikolo and Johnthomas,
As a fiance, the embassy will definitely doubt your relationship with her, and they're likely going to refuse you the visa 100 times (each time, you'll have to pay the visa fee): and you might not be given the rights to appeal their decisions.
If you get married in Nigeria, that will automatically qualify you for the status of EU family member. By this, you'll not have to apply for the standard visa and paying the visa fee, you'll be given the entitlement to apply for a family member permit: this Permit which seems like a visa (but with remarks that you're an EU family member-giving you the right for a residence permit) is free of charge, no visa fee. And if however they refuse you the visa (permit) for reason of doubts and trial, you'll be entitled to appeal it which will eventually be in your favour as long as your marriage is sustained.
I advice you to do the marriage in Nigeria. Goodluck
Re: Fiancee Or Spouse Visa, Which Is Better? by buck10: 12:39am On Apr 04, 2012
Jjj
Re: Fiancee Or Spouse Visa, Which Is Better? by oshiokeh: 6:50pm On Jul 01, 2012
please m nairaland guys,
i want ur advice quick, am planning to get married to a british woman ,though she ready to come dawn to nigeria for the marriage but i want to knw if coming to nigeria will favour me or me going to uk for the wedding pleasehelp out. thanks awfully

(1) (Reply)

What If Someone Couldn't Get A Job Related To His Field After Msc In Germany? / Abidjan Photos: Photos Taken During Its Heydays / Canadian Study Permit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.