Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,748 members, 7,824,154 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

STRICTLY SPEAKING : Learn A Skill - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / STRICTLY SPEAKING : Learn A Skill (144 Views)

ASUU: No Regret Stopping Gowon, Soyinka From Speaking At Uniabuja Event / Professor Wendy Osefo Racially Attacked For Speaking Against Racism In US / Please How Can I Improve In My English Speaking. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

STRICTLY SPEAKING : Learn A Skill by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 01, 2020
I would use myself as an example. 2013/2014 UTME I was undecided about the course I wanted to study. Various talks about medicine and engineering was springing up here and there. Deep down I wanted to study animals NOT HUMANS( HUMANS ARE HIGHER ANIMALS). I talked to my parents about veterinary medicine and they were apathetic to it. So I decided to go for medicine. I aced it 300 and I also aced the post Utme. Teens of nowadays don't know how to read and waste their time on frivolous things and this is very annoying when I see them.
My classmates were hailing me Doc!!!. The thing sweet me for body make I no lie even girls gum body die and me chop my portion sha. I realised the medicine I wanted wasn't cut out for me so I opted out of it before I even started. They were saying I was crazy and this was the best decision I ever made.
I went to learn Electrical work and I enjoyed it. Many of my classmates hated me for these but now they are proud of me. I worked hard and made a lot of money ehn. I wanted more so I went to Maritime academy but before that I wrote SSCE and had to fill in Commercial subjects and I passed it one time cool. I went to study Logistics and Transport Management. I came out with flying colors. I decided to work for a foreign company managing their Warehouse and containers and was doing contract for Business Men and I am still doing it.
My mates that were in a hurry to go to school ended up studying Geography, Geology, statisticsBiochemistry, SLT, Anatomy and physiology and many more. I was telling them to learn a skill and they tought I was speaking French. The other guy who finished from Mechanical engineering is earning with his Aluminium skill and making tons of cash and has boys working under him.
I would have saved more than enough for my relocation to Canada to study Veterinary medicine by next year God keeping in essence learn a skill.
Feel free to share your thoughts and stories. Good evening

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Before You Expel A Student, Watch This / Home Lesson / Turn Your Phone Into Money Making Machine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.