Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,280 members, 7,867,747 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:14 PM

Prof. Ibe Felicitates With Gen. Nwachukwu At 80 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof. Ibe Felicitates With Gen. Nwachukwu At 80 (749 Views)

Throwback Photo Of General Buhari In A Heated Discussion With Gen. IBB c.1985 / Obi Salutes Gen Babangida At 80 / Why Service Chiefs Cannot Resign – Brig. Gen. Nwachukwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prof. Ibe Felicitates With Gen. Nwachukwu At 80 by Kosiso12(f): 8:36pm On Sep 01, 2020
Prof. Ibe Felicitates With Gen. Nwachukwu At 80

The Chancellor of Gregory University Uturu, Prof. Gregory Ibe, on Tuesday, felicitated with (Sen) Ike Omar Sanda Nwachukwu at 80.

In a goodwill message to the celebrant obtained by IGBERE TV, Prof. Ibe said only very few Nigerians are blessed with the sort of distinguished personal, family, career and corporate profile that Gen. Nwachukwu parades.

He noted that Gen. Nwachukwu legendary love for Ndigbo has continued to manifest in his fatherly support for the World Igbo Summit, which we jointly convene.

The goodwill reads,

"Only very few Nigerians are blessed with the sort of distinguished personal, family, career and corporate profile that Gen (Sen) Ike Omar Sanda Nwachukwu parades. Born to an Igbo father and a Fulani mother, married to a Yoruba wife who has maternal roots in the creeks of Niger Delta, the Peoples General squarely fits into the perfect appellation of the bridge. In addition to his rich diverse family background, he also had the rare privilege of traversing different sections of Nigeria and many other nations in pursuit of education."

" Upon acquiring these solid family and educational backgrounds, Gen Ike Nwachukwu posted an enviable professional career through which he dutifully impacted the society at local, state and national levels."

"As a young man growing up, I was privileged to identify with the flagship projects of the Generals tenure in public service, when as Military Governor of old Imo State he undertook the relocation of the then Imo State University to a permanent site in Uturu and construction of Imo Airport. Just fresh from training as an Accountant, I was privileged to work with the Israeli firm that handled the construction of the two projects. Suffice it to say that the practical experience I garnered from working on those landmark projects have remained instrumental to the modest achievements I have made in pursuit of my passion in civil engineering and building technology."

"I must confess that over the years I have seized every opportunity to tap wisdom from the over flowing knowledge bank of this living sage. For instance, when in 2014 the Peoples General was saddled with the onerous responsibility of leading the South East delegation to the National Conference, I was only pleased to function as his aide when the team requested me to serve our people as consultant."

"The Generals legendary love for Ndigbo has continued to manifest in his fatherly support for the World Igbo Summit, which we jointly convene. It is therefore my prayer that the good Lord will keep our octogenarian General strong and healthy to see the dividends of his patriotic labor to state and nation."

"Happy 80th birthday to the Peoples General!"

STAY WITH IGBERE TV. AFRICA'S NO1 COMMUNITY TV.

https://igberetvnews.com/1363299/prof-ibe-felicitates-gen-nwachukwu-80/

Re: Prof. Ibe Felicitates With Gen. Nwachukwu At 80 by athaboi(f): 9:26pm On Sep 01, 2020
Ike Nwachukwu..
Re: Prof. Ibe Felicitates With Gen. Nwachukwu At 80 by AyakaDunukofia: 9:36pm On Sep 01, 2020
The result of which ever way Ike Nwachukwu chooses to appease Ndigbo, would remain unknown for sometime. I hope history would be kind to him as per his roles during the civil war. Obviously it's not easy for him. It's a thing of the mind.
Re: Prof. Ibe Felicitates With Gen. Nwachukwu At 80 by edochie12: 9:47pm On Sep 01, 2020
This man single handedly stop Gideon orkar's coup against babangida

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prof. Ibe Felicitates With Gen. Nwachukwu At 80 by Racoon(m): 9:55pm On Sep 01, 2020
Ike Nwanchukwu is one of the extremely lucky Igbo soldiers that was not killed during the northern counter coup of July 1966 while in the 5th Battalion in Kano under Major Shuwa.He fought on the federal side during the civil war though from a difficult position.

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Ibe Felicitates With Gen. Nwachukwu At 80 by Racoon(m): 9:58pm On Sep 01, 2020
edochie12:
This man single handedly stop Gideon orkar's coup against babangida
shocked Chai! Maj.Gen.Ike Nwanchukwu played no role in quashing the Orkar coup bro.Rather Gen.Abacha, Lt.Gen.Ishaya Bamayi, Brig.Raji Alagbe Rasaki, Col.Dada Powen, Lt.Col.John Shagaya, Lt.Col. Tola Zidon, were the principal actors involved.Ike only served as GOC 1 Infantry Div.Kaduna & was retired by IBB along the way.
cc: naptu2.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Ibe Felicitates With Gen. Nwachukwu At 80 by naptu2: 12:03am On Sep 02, 2020
Racoon:
shocked Chai! Maj.Gen.Ike Nwanchukwu played no role in quashing the Orkar coup bro.Rather Gen.Abacha, Lt.Gen.Ishaya Bamayi, Brig.Raji Alagbe Rasaki, Col.Dada Powen, Lt.Col.John Shagaya, Lt.Col. Tola Zidon, were the principal actors involved.Ike only served as GOC 1 Infantry Div.Kaduna & was retired by IBB along the way.
cc: naptu2.

The funny thing is that I think I know why he said what he said. He is wrong, of course, but I think I know why he said it.

The main people that put down that coup were General Sani Abacha, who coordinated the fight back from Defence House in Ikoyi, Brigadier Ishaya Bamaiyi, who was the commander of 9th Brigade and who took back Ikeja Cantonment and then used his tanks to take back the Radio Station and Dodan Barracks, Lieutenant Colonel Ghandi Tola Zidon at 126 Guards Battalion at Bonny Camp, who ordered his men to celebrate with the coupists in order to make them relaxed and who subsequently arrested the coupists when they were relaxed. Troops of the Battalion later accompanied Bamaiyi on his way to Ikoyi. There were also others like Hamza Al-Mustapha at Apapa, etc.

However, if you were in Lagos the first counter broadcast you would have heard would have been from Raji Rasaki on Radio Lagos, so you would have thought that Rasaki played a big part in putting down the coup.

Similarly, there was an issue in Kaduna. A producer on Radio Nigeria Kaduna, Zachary Mohammed, had hooked up to Radio Nigeria 1 in Lagos for the 7am Network News and had mistakenly broadcast the coup speech. Therefore, the GOC 1 Division, Major General Ike Nwachukwu, had to go on Radio Nigeria Kaduna to make a counter broadcast. If you were in Kaduna and you heard the counter broadcast you might believe that Ike Nwachukwu played a big part in putting down the coup. He didn't.

The poor Zachary Mohammed was detained for a long time after the coup.

5 Likes

Re: Prof. Ibe Felicitates With Gen. Nwachukwu At 80 by Nobody: 12:12am On Sep 02, 2020
naptu2:

The funny thing is that I think I know why he said what he said. He is wrong, of course, but I think I know why he said it.

The main people that put down that coup were General Sani Abacha, who coordinated the fight back from Defence House in Ikoyi, Brigadier Ishaya Bamaiyi, who was the commander of 9th Brigade and who took back Ikeja Cantonment and then used his tanks to take back the Radio Station and Dodan Barracks, Lieutenant Colonel Ghandi Tola Zidon at 126 Guards Battalion at Bonny Camp, who ordered his men to celebrate with the coupists in order to make them relaxed and who su sequently arrested the coupists when they were relaxed. Troops of the Battalion later accompanied Bamaiyi on his way to Ikoyi. There were also others like Mohammed Al-Mustapha at Apapa, etc.

However, if you were in Lagos the first counter broadcast you would have heard would have been from Raji Rasaki on Radio Lagos, so you would have thought that Rasaki played a big part in putting down the coup.

Similarly, there was an issue in Kaduna. A producer on Radio Nigeria Kaduna, Zachary Mohammed, had hooked up to Radio Nigeria 1 in Lagos for the 7am Network News and had mistakenly broadcast the coup speech. Therefore, the GOC 1 Division, Major General Ike Nwachukwu, had to go on Radio Nigeria Kaduna to make a counter broadcast. If you were in Kaduna and you heard the counter broadcast you might believe that Ike Nwachukwu played a big part in putting down the coup. He didn't.

The poor Zachary Mohammed was detained for a long time after the coup.

Very detailed. Thanks for this

1 Like

Re: Prof. Ibe Felicitates With Gen. Nwachukwu At 80 by Racoon(m): 12:27am On Sep 02, 2020
naptu2:
...The main people that put down that coup were General Sani Abacha, who coordinated the fight back from Defence House in Ikoyi, Brigadier Ishaya Bamaiyi, who was the commander of 9th Brigade and who took back Ikeja Cantonment.

Then used his tanks to take back the Radio Station and Dodan Barracks, Lieutenant Colonel Ghandi Tola Zidon at 126 Guards Battalion at Bonny Camp, who ordered his men to celebrate with the coupists in order to make them relaxed & subsequently arrested the coupists when they were relaxed.Troops of the Battalion later accompanied Bamaiyi on his way to Ikoyi.There were also others like Mohammed Al-Mustapha at Apapa, etc.

Similarly, there was an issue in Kaduna.A producer on Radio Nigeria Kaduna, Zachary Mohammed, had hooked up to Radio Nigeria 1 in Lagos for the 7am Network News and had mistakenly broadcast the coup speech.

Therefore, the GOC 1 Division, Maj.Gen.Ike Nwachukwu, had to go on Radio Nigeria Kaduna to make a counter broadcast. If you were in Kaduna and you heard the counter broadcast you might believe that Ike Nwachukwu played a big part in putting down the coup.He didn't.The poor Zachary Mohammed was detained for a long time after the coup.
Perhaps that was the angle he viewed it from.The role played by Bamaiya was the killer punch otherwise if the tanks @ Ikeja armoured unit were captured, then all hell could have been let loose.Guess you heard the cannons being fired on that day like Nigeria was @ war in Ikoyi?
Re: Prof. Ibe Felicitates With Gen. Nwachukwu At 80 by naptu2: 12:46am On Sep 02, 2020
Racoon:

Perhaps that was the angle he viewed it from.The role played by Bamaiya was the killer punch otherwise if the tanks @ Ikeja armoured unit were captured, then all hell could have been let loose.Guess you heard the cannons being fired on that day like Nigeria was @ war in Ikoyi?

The explosions woke me up in the middle of the night. I'm not sure what time it was but I guess it was around 2am. I could hear explosions and gunfire from 3 places, Dodan Barracks, Broadcasting House and Bonny Camp.
Re: Prof. Ibe Felicitates With Gen. Nwachukwu At 80 by Igboid: 12:54am On Sep 02, 2020
Ike Nwachukwu the turncoat and traitor.
Igbo history will never be kind on him.
Because Ndiigbo will never call a spade a farm tool.
Re: Prof. Ibe Felicitates With Gen. Nwachukwu At 80 by Racoon(m): 12:22pm On Aug 10, 2021
Igboid:
Ike Nwachukwu the turncoat and traitor. Igbo history will never be kind on him.Because Ndiigbo will never call a spade a farm tool.
Abeg free the man nah.He has played his part.Many who did never knew fate have a different thing in store for them.
Re: Prof. Ibe Felicitates With Gen. Nwachukwu At 80 by Sufferingboy(f): 12:43pm On Aug 10, 2021
He is a fulani,Ipob what are you guys waiting for before you attack him?
Re: Prof. Ibe Felicitates With Gen. Nwachukwu At 80 by DOTian: 12:53pm On Aug 10, 2021
Sometimes, one can't help but wonder how the Igbo soldiers like General Ike Nwachukwu and his likes who fought together on the Nigerian side with the likes of Buhari and Obasanjo to annihilate Biafra feel these days...

I mean seeing how tribal and parochial these Northern and South Western officers became in political positions, it must be tough explaining to your grandkids that you killed your own in droves just to help set up this big embarrassment to the black race.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

. / Edo Election. I'm In Severe Pains. / #endsars Protests around the world - October 10, 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.