Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,069 members, 7,814,690 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

The Facts, The Myths And Stories About Zuma Rock. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Facts, The Myths And Stories About Zuma Rock. (1620 Views)

The Lagos State Governor's Residences And Offices (Pictures, Videos And Stories) / Facts: The Inscription On Naira Note Is Not Arabic Language / Facts The Media Never Reported About OBASANJO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Facts, The Myths And Stories About Zuma Rock. by JemmyAdams: 9:02pm On Sep 01, 2020
You must have heard one or two myths about Zuma rock, for some it is a dreaded rock, some believe it is a deity to be worshipped and for others it is just a beautiful piece of nature's art.

Standing at 2,500 ft tall, this rock is almost 500 times my height, a true definition of giant.
It used to be a safe place for the zuba people in the days of war.

I took a visit to the giant rock to find out if those myths I have heard is true.

Myth 1:

The face on the rock are representions of deities, spirits of the deceased and God's of the land

Facts:

NO ma, No Sir, you ability to recognise a face on it is called pareidolia, the human tendency to read significance into random or vague stimuli (both visual and auditory).
Its like the same way you may see a face in the cloud.

This is why some may recognise just a face and others recognise multiple faces on the rock

Side note: If the Zuma rock was truly gathering spirits of the dead, I'm just wondering about the Nigerians that die abroad? Will their spirit take a flight back home and then enter the rock? (jeez, please ignore my mind, I don't even get my own thought most times)

Myths 2:

You can't sleep around here at night you will hear strange voices.

Fact:

This myths only came from the first.
Our mind already formed a face on the rock so it's easy for us to imagine other wierd thing, to complete the picture in our mind.

Well in the video you will hear the locals telling you how they never had any sound at day or night all their lives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ69WcS-3Mg

Myths 3:

The 39 year old 5 star hotel building (nicked name haunted house) was abandoned half way and uncompleted because of the strange scary sound that comes out of zuma rock.

Fact :

This one is simply a sad tale of a failed deal between the government of Niger state and its partners, nothing more. Though the building has been converted to a hid out for criminals. Number of rape cases also has been reported there.
If it is a haunted house it is haunted by criminals and not spirits.

On a bonus point the government may want to look into the untapped tourism here.

HOSPITALITY (hotel and resort)

ROCK CLIMBING Festival (Abuja people won't even miss this one, hiking is already part of them)

Sport (rock climbing sport)

And many more!

FOLLOW MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL FOR MORE UPDATES

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCWg4qQ73iJfw7Ec22XugtBg?sub_confirmation=1
Re: The Facts, The Myths And Stories About Zuma Rock. by JemmyAdams: 9:06pm On Sep 01, 2020
Below is the abandon Hotel

Re: The Facts, The Myths And Stories About Zuma Rock. by Vyzz: 9:11pm On Sep 01, 2020
Am I the only one who didn't or haven't heard anything about the rock...

When ever I see that Zuma rock...

I imagine me picking it up and then dropping it into the ocean so I can hear that "PUKOM" sound cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Facts, The Myths And Stories About Zuma Rock. by Birdeyeview: 9:44pm On Sep 01, 2020
Vyzz:
Am I the only one who didn't or haven't heard anything about the rock...

When ever I see that Zuma rock...

I imagine me picking it up and then dropping it into the ocean so I can hear that "PUKOM" sound cheesy

Re: The Facts, The Myths And Stories About Zuma Rock. by illicit(m): 9:47pm On Sep 01, 2020
Is it truly in Niger state?
Re: The Facts, The Myths And Stories About Zuma Rock. by JemmyAdams: 8:36am On Sep 02, 2020
illicit:
Is it truly in Niger state?

Yes it is

1 Like

Re: The Facts, The Myths And Stories About Zuma Rock. by Paperwhite(m): 9:13am On Sep 02, 2020
See tourist potential wasting because of the black man slavery mentality.
Re: The Facts, The Myths And Stories About Zuma Rock. by gji3ec1: 9:28am On Sep 02, 2020
Very educative OP

1 Like

Re: The Facts, The Myths And Stories About Zuma Rock. by Emyzoloye5(m): 9:47am On Sep 02, 2020
dat Rock is possessed
Re: The Facts, The Myths And Stories About Zuma Rock. by PureGoldh(m): 9:49am On Sep 02, 2020
Good to know
Re: The Facts, The Myths And Stories About Zuma Rock. by JemmyAdams: 10:00am On Sep 02, 2020
Paperwhite:
See tourist potential wasting because of the black man slavery mentality.

Totally right on the wasting part
Re: The Facts, The Myths And Stories About Zuma Rock. by Authoreety: 10:54am On Sep 02, 2020
Following
Re: The Facts, The Myths And Stories About Zuma Rock. by Karlifate: 12:02pm On Sep 02, 2020
Nice one, OP.
Some folks think the rock is inside Abuja.
Re: The Facts, The Myths And Stories About Zuma Rock. by JemmyAdams: 7:28pm On Sep 02, 2020
Karlifate:
Nice one, OP.
Some folks think the rock is inside Abuja.

Oh yes popular misconception, I Attached a picture already.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Hope Uzodimma Of Imo State Arriving From Edo State Nigeria After Election Defeat / I'm Ready To Bear Arms Against Nigeria Government, Army__US Soldier Tells Trump / Bola Tinubu, "Don't Waste Your Time , No One Knows You In The North - Shehu Sani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.