Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,164 members, 7,818,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And Apology From Daily Trust - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And Apology From Daily Trust (469 Views)

"Was It An Inside Job?" - Fani-kayode Demands Investigation Into Airforce Crash / Fani-Kayode Demands N2bn From Stella Dimoko-Korkus As He Separates From His Wife / Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And Apology From Daily Trust by prof2007: 10:52pm On Sep 01, 2020
A former Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode, has demanded that the management of Media Trust Limited (publishers of Daily Trust and other publications) enter into a negotiation with him for possible settlement of N6bn for defamation of character.

Fani-Kayode said this in a letter addressed to the Managing Director of Daily Trust, dated August 31, 2020 and titled, ‘Defamation of the character of Chief Femi Fani-Kayode by Iliyasu Gadu.’ The letter, which was signed by the former minister’s lawyer, Adeola Adesipe, was in response to an article titled, ‘FFK, the Drug Addled Thug in Designer Wears’ dated August 30, 2020 and published by the medium.

In the article, which was published in the newspaper, the writer lambasted Fani-Kayode for his conduct during a Press conference in which he described a Daily Trust reporter in Calabar, Eyo Charles, as ‘stupid’ after the journalist asked question about the identity of persons “bankrolling” his current tour of southern states. Gadu, the writer of the article, claimed that Fani-Kayode, who attended Cambridge University, was once “a drug addict” and had sought rehabilitation in Ghana, but “till today has not been cured of the habit.”

In his pre-litigation letter, however, Fani-Kayode described the article as libelous and demanded an apology from the newspaper, which must be published in other national dailies. The former minister also demanded that negotiation be entered into for possible payment of N6bn due to the irreparable loss the article had caused him.

It reads in part, “Be aware that our client has not only suffered immeasurable loss of goodwill, he is currently confronted with unbearable opprobrium by his fans, followers and colleagues across the globe. Our client is alive to his rights both in law and equity but is disposed to an opportunity to undo the evil you have done by retracting the said insalubrious remarks on the same platform it was published and apologising to him in two other national dailies.

“You are also advised to enter into negotiations with us for the sum of N6bn being a token amount for penitence as opposed to the magnitude of infraction caused to our client’s nobility.” The newspaper was given 14 days to comply or face legal action. Fani-Kayode also wrote a similar letter to Gadu, who authored the article.

The former minister drew the ire of several Nigerians recently after a viral video showed him talking down at a journalist, an incident he has apologised for. However, the Nigeria Union of Journalists, as well as many other civil organisations, have continued to criticise Fani-Kayode, while many reporters have boycotted his ongoing tour of the southern states.

SOURCE: https://punchng.com/fani-kayode-demands-n6bn-apology-from-daily-trust/

1 Like

Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And Apology From Daily Trust by ManOfCompetence(m): 10:55pm On Sep 01, 2020
FFK is really high on drugs...Go through his Facebook or Twitter timeline and see the same derogatory articles he has written on prominent individuals in Nigeria .... Though I feel he deserves an apology from daily trust the same way he apologized to the journalist he insulted
Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And Apology From Daily Trust by Nobody: 10:56pm On Sep 01, 2020
By publishing this punch is still giving him attention. They should just make this man media dead, he will beg on his knees.

To make a man media dead is easy in saner climes. Everybody go unfriend am on facebook or unfollow am on other handles.
If he post zero views or comments
No one reports about him. He will simply not exist.
Note... In saner climes.
In naija person go still go "evening sir my name is manna I grill BBQ.Please help me sir I haven't eaten for 600years"

2 Likes

Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And Apology From Daily Trust by Nobody: 10:58pm On Sep 01, 2020
Dr Odumegu Gbajabiamala believes that FFK is a big baby. An adult that have refused to grow up. He was born with a silver spoon and he's never felt the heat on the streets, reason for his pompousness. The Dr hopes that FFK is not a narcissist.

1 Like

Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And Apology From Daily Trust by ihec(m): 11:02pm On Sep 01, 2020
Akuko
FFK should go and sir down abeg.
For all I know he has been defaming Buhari's character and no one has asked his to pay for defamation of character.
I keep saying this Buhari is a bad market but surely Atiku and co are worst.

3 Likes

Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And Apology From Daily Trust by SoftP(m): 11:05pm On Sep 01, 2020
The worse days of FFK.

Now I strongly believe the Journalist who asked him that bankroll question was carefully on a Mission.

The owner of daily trust though’. If u know! U know...
Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And Apology From Daily Trust by heendrix(m): 11:09pm On Sep 01, 2020
MejiLoyon:
But publishing this punch is still giving him attention. They should just make this man media dead, he will beg on his knees.

To make a man media dead easy in saner climes. Everybody go unfriend am on facebook or unfollow am on other handles.
If he post zero views or comments
No one reports about him. He will simply not exist.
Note... In saner climes.
In naija person go still go "evening sir my name is manna I grill BBQ.Please help me sir I haven't eaten for 600years"

This table ur shaking ehn grin

1 Like

Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And Apology From Daily Trust by Nobody: 11:16pm On Sep 01, 2020
I can't phantom the amount of money he stole in government if he can call 6billion a token!!!

Imagine for their eyes, 6billion be like 6naira

1 Like

Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And Apology From Daily Trust by athaboi(f): 11:22pm On Sep 01, 2020
6 what??
Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And Apology From Daily Trust by bancoleh: 11:25pm On Sep 01, 2020
Person wey suppose they save him image they sue, nawa o oook

Video editing tutorial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFRX6PMk1BU
Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And Apology From Daily Trust by Villagemeat: 11:25pm On Sep 01, 2020
[quote author=heendrix post=93476548]

This table ur shaking ehn grin[/quote) Grilll man has many account
Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And Apology From Daily Trust by Villagemeat: 11:26pm On Sep 01, 2020
heendrix:

This table ur shaking ehn grin
You get many account here
Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And Apology From Daily Trust by Nobody: 11:26pm On Sep 01, 2020
Seems this saga is not ending anytime soon. Regardless, everyone loves some te grin
Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And Apology From Daily Trust by tosine102: 11:41pm On Sep 01, 2020
Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And Apology From Daily Trust by yinkus6750(m): 11:45pm On Sep 01, 2020
Those who live i. Glass houses, do not throw stones.
He started it first, by abusing and insulting an innocent reporter.

1 Like

Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And Apology From Daily Trust by Benbellamor: 12:02am On Sep 02, 2020
Cool

That illiyasu of an editor is too wicked to be an editor
What does he want after tendering apology the illiyasu vommited the dirtiest of hate on his rejoinder

Ffk should add.him as the first respondent

Iranu abasa
Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And Apology From Daily Trust by Benbellamor: 12:04am On Sep 02, 2020
ManOfCompetence:
FFK is really high on drugs...Go through his Facebook or Twitter timeline and see the same derogatory articles he has written on prominent individuals in Nigeria .... Though I feel he deserves an apology from daily trust the same way he apologized to the journalist he insulted
post what you just wrote here on any daily newspaper
Don't hide like a coward
Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And Apology From Daily Trust by Mynd44: 4:21am On Sep 02, 2020

(1)

Bye-election: Odey Wins PDP Cross River North Senatorial Ticket Copy / Fayose: I Will Confront Makinde Over Ekiti Pdp Leadership / LIVE UPDATES: Akeredolu, Jegede Arrive Polling Units As Ondo Elections Holds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.