Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,016 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Access Bank Reacts To Video Of Man Claiming Data Hack - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Access Bank Reacts To Video Of Man Claiming Data Hack (44652 Views)

Polaris Bank Reacts To Accusations Of Religious Intolerance / Fidelity Bank Reacts To Video Of Music Band Singing At Its Branch / First Bank Reacts To Failed Robbery Incident At Abuja Branch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Access Bank Reacts To Video Of Man Claiming Data Hack by Clothingonline9(m): 8:48am On Sep 02, 2020
If you want to be safe from bank fraud don’t use ATM or attend to any banking calls
Use fcmb and thank me later

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Reacts To Video Of Man Claiming Data Hack by sucess001(m): 8:49am On Sep 02, 2020
You say he did not hack...yet you are working with authorities to bring the perpetrator to book?

When will corporate bodies learn to be truthful in this country
Re: Access Bank Reacts To Video Of Man Claiming Data Hack by Mires: 8:49am On Sep 02, 2020
MorataFC:
with your atm pin? Haaa, pls block that atm ASAP, but that bvn is useless without your codes/pins/OTP that's private to you. That is why we offen be advised that we should be careful with app we deal it because they pry to these our secured pin/numbers, that why I don't leave any of my code with my phone.

Oil de your head plenty. I understand that OTP, Pin, Password, and Token are information that should not be disclosed to a third party. Some sites require one to take a photograph of their ATM front page where their names are inscribed on it. How is this safe?

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Reacts To Video Of Man Claiming Data Hack by sucess001(m): 8:49am On Sep 02, 2020
adioolayi:
You better eat the humble pie, take corrective measures where necessary and even employ the guy, if his claims are true.

Not beating empty chest and harassing the young man.

I tire o. If it's true he didn't hack...why re you using police to pursue him
Re: Access Bank Reacts To Video Of Man Claiming Data Hack by SoliBayNG: 8:51am On Sep 02, 2020
cosade:

He is correct!

I've worked in telecoms, and believe I have some experience. Say not what ye know not. More than 3 people have called to complain last two months. Mistake? Saving their BVN in their phones, and listening to people like you guys. Again... You have no idea.
Re: Access Bank Reacts To Video Of Man Claiming Data Hack by Scavy: 8:53am On Sep 02, 2020
saheedbadmus:
But I think this guy did hack them but ment no harm .. he did that to awaken them cos someone isn't doing his job right , I mean those in their I.T section... the bank is only trying to cover up .. if the guy one hack and steal from them he wouldn't call them out he only did that to awaken them

do you know the implications, you can do your awakening without causing damages , cos some costomer will close thier accounts cos of this, who bears the lost?
Re: Access Bank Reacts To Video Of Man Claiming Data Hack by jUeLiZ: 8:56am On Sep 02, 2020
MorataFC:
with your atm pin? Haaa, pls block that atm ASAP, but that bvn is useless without your codes/pins/OTP that's private to you. That is why we offen be advised that we should be careful with app we deal it because they pry to these our secured pin/numbers, that why I don't leave any of my code with my phone.

please let me just ask u dis...I gave my card details and bank number and pin....but without my Bvn can he still do damage??..tho he tried withdrawing and otp was send to my phone.he called me to send him the opt... which i didn't
Re: Access Bank Reacts To Video Of Man Claiming Data Hack by yusufmurry: 8:57am On Sep 02, 2020
MorataFC:
Anyone that says he can withdraw money from your account with just BVN and account only without any code/pin/OTP that is private to you is a liar.
No one I repeat no can withdraw 1kobo from your account without geting information from you,

I have been saying too
Re: Access Bank Reacts To Video Of Man Claiming Data Hack by KushLyon(m): 8:59am On Sep 02, 2020
MorataFC:
Anyone that says he can withdraw money from your account with just BVN and account only without any code/pin/OTP that is private to you is a liar.
No one I repeat no can withdraw 1kobo from your account without geting information from you,

E be like say you no know wetin boys dey do with cardo app grin it seems impossible until it happens to you
Re: Access Bank Reacts To Video Of Man Claiming Data Hack by TheCork(m): 9:00am On Sep 02, 2020
CallMeDrino:
Earlier thread; https://www.nairaland.com/6089031/ihebuzo-chris-face-profile-hacker

https://igberetvnews.com/1363326/access-bank-reacts-video-man-claiming-data-hack/

Ok am from London innit... Which one is asses bank again?...
u homebase people mennn(no oofense) angry
Re: Access Bank Reacts To Video Of Man Claiming Data Hack by ramonchang(m): 9:03am On Sep 02, 2020
MorataFC:
Lol, You don't know what is going on. Let me share with you an example you can do yourself, try and use any fb ads service, you d see that some people can remove your money without otp or pin, that's just facebook o. There are some dark places on the internet you don't want your card details on man, trust me
Re: Access Bank Reacts To Video Of Man Claiming Data Hack by cyberghost23: 9:04am On Sep 02, 2020
lonelydora:

I have been saying this too. He is just chasing clout. It is not easy to hack any Nigerian bank.

Lol, Nigeria bank wey no get security lol..
Re: Access Bank Reacts To Video Of Man Claiming Data Hack by hayodejipop: 9:29am On Sep 02, 2020
MorataFC:
thanks bruh... really appreciate it
Re: Access Bank Reacts To Video Of Man Claiming Data Hack by hayodejipop: 9:30am On Sep 02, 2020
Prechboy:
Don't give your bank information to just anyone or website. It's very risky as your money can be withdrawn. This is 2020. Be wise
thanks bruh
Re: Access Bank Reacts To Video Of Man Claiming Data Hack by azadus18: 9:36am On Sep 02, 2020
dis one na idiot...even d most junior staff in DSS MIS would catch him....
Re: Access Bank Reacts To Video Of Man Claiming Data Hack by lonelydora: 9:39am On Sep 02, 2020
cyberghost23:

Lol, Nigeria bank wey no get security lol..

You think so? Ask around.
Re: Access Bank Reacts To Video Of Man Claiming Data Hack by Odunolumide(m): 9:42am On Sep 02, 2020
MorataFC:

Why block the card when you can just change your pin.
Re: Access Bank Reacts To Video Of Man Claiming Data Hack by Fxwarrior: 9:44am On Sep 02, 2020
Denique:

From N2,000.00 to N1,954.23 cheesy
It is now left for you to convert to the next decimal point wink

Ontop savings account?

What happened to interest payments?
Re: Access Bank Reacts To Video Of Man Claiming Data Hack by Yakhi84: 10:12am On Sep 02, 2020
Your claim is totally untrue. A friend of mine was robbed of 58k last week without his OTP/PIN/CODE been compromised. He's account was hacked and the money was used to purchase items online. Nor dey talk these things wey you dey talk with so much confidence.

MorataFC:
Re: Access Bank Reacts To Video Of Man Claiming Data Hack by Biglogo(m): 10:22am On Sep 02, 2020
Damage control, as expected
Re: Access Bank Reacts To Video Of Man Claiming Data Hack by Nobody: 10:26am On Sep 02, 2020
saheedbadmus:
But I think this guy did hack them but ment no harm .. he did that to awaken them cos someone isn't doing his job right , I mean those in their I.T section... the bank is only trying to cover up .. if the guy one hack and steal from them he wouldn't call them out he only did that to awaken them
And he had to reveal his identity. Nah pro black hats or grey hats don't do that, they hack with reckless abandon then they leave it to you to know the security holes.
Re: Access Bank Reacts To Video Of Man Claiming Data Hack by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 02, 2020
Mires:

Oil de your head plenty. I understand that OTP, Pin, Password, and Token are information that should not be disclosed to a third party. Some sites require one to take a photograph of their ATM front page where their names are inscribed on it. How is this safe?
Don't you ever try that. If it is not a well known transaction platform like PayPal or remitta don't ever try it.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Reacts To Video Of Man Claiming Data Hack by cyberghost23: 10:42am On Sep 02, 2020
lonelydora:

You think so? Ask around.

Dem no get security..
Boys dey avoid am cos na local ish
Re: Access Bank Reacts To Video Of Man Claiming Data Hack by SirMichael1: 10:46am On Sep 02, 2020
saheedbadmus:
That's not the right way to do it. A simple direct message to their twitter account would have sufficed. He didn't have to expose it to the world thereby causing frenzied paranoia attack to access bank's customers.
Re: Access Bank Reacts To Video Of Man Claiming Data Hack by BATISNAIJA(m): 10:53am On Sep 02, 2020
MorataFC:

Bro believe mi a friend of mine lost 450k,with just his bvn and account number
Re: Access Bank Reacts To Video Of Man Claiming Data Hack by akinwale701(m): 11:12am On Sep 02, 2020
MorataFC:

God bless you ooh. Tell them please. Some people are so dumb and they don't understand this.
Re: Access Bank Reacts To Video Of Man Claiming Data Hack by akinwale701(m): 11:12am On Sep 02, 2020
BATISNAIJA:

Bro believe mi a friend of mine lost 450k,with just his bvn and account number

Na lie... OTP is included bro.
Re: Access Bank Reacts To Video Of Man Claiming Data Hack by SUPERPACK: 11:16am On Sep 02, 2020
Yakhi84:
Your claim is totally untrue. A friend of mine was robbed of 58k last week without his OTP/PIN/CODE been compromised. He's account was hacked and the money was used to purchase items online. Nor dey talk these things wey you dey talk with so much confidence.

The person you quoted said BVN and account number, not ATM pin and BVN. If it is only BVN and account number nobody will be using banks again because the manager is not safe too.
Re: Access Bank Reacts To Video Of Man Claiming Data Hack by sonofthunder: 11:20am On Sep 02, 2020
saheedbadmus:

Na wa oh...... Do you know/understand what hacking into a bank entails?
Re: Access Bank Reacts To Video Of Man Claiming Data Hack by SUPERPACK: 11:21am On Sep 02, 2020
Richieniit:

oga you better wake up... am an IT persona and work with a reputable IT company here in nigeria nd outside... there is whole lot you dont know

Can I give you my account officer's BVN and account number so you can test you knowledge of hacking with it? Because it seems you did not read the message you quoted. The account officer's normally display their BVN info and see it as nothing so I don't it is possible to steal with it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? / How To Become A Multimillionaire In Year 2018 / My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.