Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,851 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Open Heaven 2 September 2020 – No More Pretense - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heaven 2 September 2020 – No More Pretense (101 Views)

Richest Pastors In The World 2020: No. 1 Will Shock You / Open Heaven 2 February 2019 Prayer Points On Today – Change! / Open Heaven 2 December 2018 Prayer Points On Today – The Purpose Of Being Alive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Heaven 2 September 2020 – No More Pretense by MzDammielite20(f): 8:12am On Sep 02, 2020
Topic: No More Pretense (Open Heaven 2 September 2020)
Memorize: Not everyone that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. – Matthew 7:21

Read: Matthew 7:21-23 (KJV)

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Bible in One Year: Ezekiel 22-23

There are over two billion Christians in the world today. However, not all will make it to heaven according to today’s memory verse.

Pretense is the key reason for this looming failure. Many ‘Christians’ are not Christlike at all; a lot of them live in sin, yet keep a pious appearance to deceive others. They forget that God is all knowing and will reward everyone according to their works. They forget that this world is temporal whereas the world to come – Heaven for the redeemed and hell for the condemned, will last for eternity.

How is your standing in Christ? Your work, position or title in Church does not matter; if you continue in sin, you are on the road to perdition (Ezekiel 18:20). Be sincere with yourself today and repent. This kind of penitence is the difference between Saul and David. 1 Samuel 15:30 gives the account of Saul when he sinned:

“…he said, I have sinned: yet honour me now, I pray thee, before the elders of my people, and before Israel, and turn again with me, that I may worship the LORD thy God.”

And 1 Chronicles 21:16-17 gives the account of David when he sinned: ...

continue from https://www.thechristianfeed.net/2020/09/open-heaven-2-september-2020-no-more.html

(1) (Reply)

Wedding Jitters? Try Kundali Matching! / How Are You Spending Your Days? / Joel Osteen Devotional September 4 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.