Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,806 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:38 PM

‘They Wanted To Kill Me’, Oshiomhole Reacts To Accident That Claimed 2 Lives - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘They Wanted To Kill Me’, Oshiomhole Reacts To Accident That Claimed 2 Lives (999 Views)

Edo Election: Oshiomhole Reacts To APC's Loss, Says 'You Win Some & Lose Some' / Oshiomhole Reacts To Arrest Of 80 Nigerians By Fbi For Internet Fraud / I Am Happy The Mercenaries Have Left APC - Oshiomhole Reacts To Defection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘They Wanted To Kill Me’, Oshiomhole Reacts To Accident That Claimed 2 Lives by 9jaBlogger: 9:28am On Sep 02, 2020
Former National Chairman of the APC, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, has said the Tuesday’s accident which claimed the lives of two policemen was a clear case of assassination attempt on his life.

Igbere TV had reported how Oshiomhole, a former governor of Edo state, narrowly escaped death by the whiskers on Tuesday when a trailer ram into his convoy in Benin City, the Edo state capital.

Two policemen were, however, unlucky as they lost their lives in the crash which occurred after the Benin by-pass by Oluku junction, while on their way to a campaign rally at Usen, with other leaders of the APC.

We had also reported that two others are in critical condition receiving treatment at an undisclosed hospital, while Oshiomhole and other persons in the convoy, did not sustain any injuries.

Reacting, Oshiomhole in a statement forwarded to Igbere TV Tuesday endorsed by his senior media aide, Victor Oshioke, said it was a clear case of assassination attempt on his life.

“It is pertinent to state, without fear of contradiction, that the convoy of Comrade Adams Oshiomhole was maintaining legal speed limits when this incident occurred. This explains why the trailer, travelling in the same direction over-ran the Hilux truck off the road and still hit the SUV carrying Comrade Oshiomhole.

“Without prejudice to police investigations, eyewitnesses account of the incident suggest, and we believe rightly too, that this was an assassination attempt, targeting Comrade Adams Oshiomhole,” Oshioke alleged.

“It is painful that innocent policemen performing their legal duties lost their lives in this very unfortunate incident.

“While we pray for the quick recovery of the injured policemen, we extend our condolences to the families of the departed,” the statement added.

Igbere TV gathered that Oshiomhole has since visited the injured in the hospital and deployed some of his aides to be on standby to ensure that the wounded policemen are given the best medical attention possible.

A police source in the state told our correspondent that “the case was immediately reported at the Ekiadolor police station”, and that “investigations are ongoing.”

The statement, therefore, called on the security agencies to “do everything possible to unravel the circumstances surrounding this incident, especially because of the threat to the life of Comrade Adams Oshiomhole and the violence which has been directed towards him and those around him in recent times.”

On how the accident happened, Oshioke narrated the “trailer driving in the same direction (with Oshiomhole) veered off its course, hit the back up Toyota Hilux vehicle carrying 7 policemen, forcing it off the road, into the bush and rammed into the Sports Utility vehicle carrying Comrade Oshiomhole.”

https://igberetvnews.com/1363338/wanted-kill-oshiomhole-reacts-accident-claimed-2-lives/

Lalasticlala Seun Mynd44

Re: ‘They Wanted To Kill Me’, Oshiomhole Reacts To Accident That Claimed 2 Lives by squash47(m): 9:30am On Sep 02, 2020
Na wa, why is politics always a do or die affair in this world ?

Abeg, no body should kill or plan to kill anybody because of this Edo election.

Note

For those of u that have many things to say, please remember that hate speech fine is now N5m...

So, watch ur mouth.
Re: ‘They Wanted To Kill Me’, Oshiomhole Reacts To Accident That Claimed 2 Lives by IKBARUTEN11(m): 9:31am On Sep 02, 2020
We naija people always tag our misfortunes as d handywork of our enemies

2 Likes

Re: ‘They Wanted To Kill Me’, Oshiomhole Reacts To Accident That Claimed 2 Lives by IamWonderful: 9:35am On Sep 02, 2020
Philip Shuaib
Re: ‘They Wanted To Kill Me’, Oshiomhole Reacts To Accident That Claimed 2 Lives by GamalNasser: 9:36am On Sep 02, 2020
It's seems the convoy was overtaking the trailer in usual anyhow man and things got tangled up because I don't understand how both trailer and convoy where moving in the same direction vans at the same speed accord to comrade and yet the trailer was able to ram into two vehicles

3 Likes

Re: ‘They Wanted To Kill Me’, Oshiomhole Reacts To Accident That Claimed 2 Lives by seunmsg(m): 9:38am On Sep 02, 2020
You shall not die but live to see Obaseki lose the next Edo election.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘They Wanted To Kill Me’, Oshiomhole Reacts To Accident That Claimed 2 Lives by gji3ec1: 9:41am On Sep 02, 2020
cheesy who wanted to kill you? Politicians are clowns. So all the random dangote trailer accidents too is assassination attempt on Nigerians?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘They Wanted To Kill Me’, Oshiomhole Reacts To Accident That Claimed 2 Lives by Jostoman: 9:47am On Sep 02, 2020
They want to kill you or you want to kill yourself? dey there dey deceived yourself for all this your useless tactics to get Edo people's sympathy.

1 Like

Re: ‘They Wanted To Kill Me’, Oshiomhole Reacts To Accident That Claimed 2 Lives by ThatFairGuy1: 9:53am On Sep 02, 2020
Give thanks to God for the safe, move on with your campaign. No one wants to kill you.

Meanwhile, attributing it to political opponent is allowed.
THAT'S WHY IT'S POLITICS
Re: ‘They Wanted To Kill Me’, Oshiomhole Reacts To Accident That Claimed 2 Lives by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 02, 2020
Dear Oshiomhole, your staying alive is not useful to anyone. Even including Lara

3 Likes

Re: ‘They Wanted To Kill Me’, Oshiomhole Reacts To Accident That Claimed 2 Lives by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 02, 2020
Politics should be fairplayed. Let's be guided
Re: ‘They Wanted To Kill Me’, Oshiomhole Reacts To Accident That Claimed 2 Lives by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 02, 2020
Monkey
You'd still be dead after Sept 19

1 Like

Re: ‘They Wanted To Kill Me’, Oshiomhole Reacts To Accident That Claimed 2 Lives by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 02, 2020
Playing politics with people's lives.

Mtchewwwww.
If dey want u dead, u will die, not d other guys.

Mayb na baba sacrifice dem boys to get pity from people

In Nigerian politics. I trust zero people.

1 Like

Re: ‘They Wanted To Kill Me’, Oshiomhole Reacts To Accident That Claimed 2 Lives by JAMO84: 10:18am On Sep 02, 2020
seunmsg:
You shall not die but live to see Obaseki lose the next Edo election.
Amen

1 Like

Re: ‘They Wanted To Kill Me’, Oshiomhole Reacts To Accident That Claimed 2 Lives by freshwaters: 10:19am On Sep 02, 2020
Did you know that any company wishing to secure contract in Nigeria must have evidence of compliance Certificates?

ITF, NSITF, PENCOM, BPP and TCC?

For any type of contract, the key requirement is that your company must have complied. These Certificates are renewable yearly. Be ready to get them if you want to use your company for any contract whatsoever.

The good news is that you don't have to worry about how to get them, because we at Business Legal offer this service and we have helped some of our clients secure them. We offer this service conveniently and at most affordable rates.

If you are in need of those or know any contractor who does, kindly chat with us on 08032273517 or visit

www.businesslegal.ng

Re: ‘They Wanted To Kill Me’, Oshiomhole Reacts To Accident That Claimed 2 Lives by IgbalodeRaymond: 10:19am On Sep 02, 2020
grin

this shameless frog head trying to buy sympathy but e no go work.
everyone must die and if it's your turn you can never stop it
you're not greater than Kyari or Funtua but dem don kaput.
so stop fooling yourself
you'll live to see your downfall and disgrace as Obaseki will be sworn in for the second term while criminal pasta and his useless wife will be crying including you.
Edo people have vowed to stand with Obaseki come rain come shine, to vote and defend their votes
don't rely on kabaka because that day go be very bloody if he do anyhow.
I trust Wike naaa you can ask Amaechi.

Useless criminal bastard ugly beast
who knows he might be the one that set up the accident to garner sympathy because this frog headed bastard can be desperate.

4+4= Obaseki
torgba!

God bless Edolites

cc
CilicMarin

1 Like

Re: ‘They Wanted To Kill Me’, Oshiomhole Reacts To Accident That Claimed 2 Lives by Samfloxin(m): 12:03pm On Sep 02, 2020
Chaiii Osho with his nine lives....anyway.
Re: ‘They Wanted To Kill Me’, Oshiomhole Reacts To Accident That Claimed 2 Lives by NnadyAutos: 12:24pm On Sep 02, 2020
Which time has accident turn to be assassination attempt.May only in Edo state.

1 Like

Re: ‘They Wanted To Kill Me’, Oshiomhole Reacts To Accident That Claimed 2 Lives by Edo2020: 2:47am On Sep 04, 2020
Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba Produced 3 Presidents & 4 VPs; Prince Erondu Uche On TBE TV Programme / Instagram Apologize For Marking #endsars Posts As False / A'ibom To Process Virgin Coconut Oil For Export In Nigeria's Oil, Gas Free Zone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.