Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,764 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:28 PM

Tribe Can't Determine Who Becomes President- Uzodinma - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribe Can't Determine Who Becomes President- Uzodinma (315 Views)

It Is Very Difficult To Determine Who Is A Minor By Appearance - Kano CP / APC Convention: Why Governors Won’t Determine Who Becomes National Chairman / You Can't Determine For Nigerians Their President, APC Replies Ayo Adebanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribe Can't Determine Who Becomes President- Uzodinma by nairapark: 3:50pm On Sep 02, 2020
THE Imo State Governor, Hope Uzodinma, on Tuesday said the choice of who emerged presidential candidate in 2023 would be based on political party and not by tribe.

Uzodinma said this in an interview with State House correspondents after a meeting he had with the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

His position is coming at a time there is a raging debate between those arguing that the South, especially the South-East, should produce the next President and those who hold the belief that Buhari’s successor can emerge from any zone.

The governor said, “You know that the position is not vacant now; there is a sitting President and we are practising partisan democracy and not tribal democracy.

“So, the emergence of presidential candidate will come on party by party basis, not tribe by tribe basis.

“But if there are other internal factors that will form part of the considerations for parties taking decision, of course, that will be entirely the job of the leadership of those political parties and I think that is the right thing to do.”

The governor said he sought Buhari’s intervention on the problem of erosion ravaging his state, which he described as alarming.

Uzodinma said he had no personal grudges against a former governor of the state, Rochas Okorocha, but that the senator should also realise that another person is in charge of the state now.

https://www.nairapark.com/news/1599033521/tribe-can-determine-who-becomes-president-uzodinma

Re: Tribe Can't Determine Who Becomes President- Uzodinma by SLAP44: 3:51pm On Sep 02, 2020
Supreme court
Re: Tribe Can't Determine Who Becomes President- Uzodinma by spy24(m): 3:54pm On Sep 02, 2020
Something fishy is going on in APC
Re: Tribe Can't Determine Who Becomes President- Uzodinma by Simplyleo: 4:03pm On Sep 02, 2020
Tribe decides, and indeed to a very large extent.

Because, me I know a tribe wey no fit be president. They know themselves.

Btw, the mod that banned me for "the 2 emboldened shouldnt be in a sentence", I hope your people have finally brought their online country to reality while I was on ban. Because I still don't understand how that constitute an insult to a nairalander as provided in rule 2.

Meanwhile, I saw over 140 mentions within 2 weeks on ban. Is my mention now an orphanage?

4 Likes

Re: Tribe Can't Determine Who Becomes President- Uzodinma by Nobody: 4:23pm On Sep 02, 2020
The earlier the ibos realise that they are second class citizens the better.They are only good at holding appointment positions but are unqualified to be president of Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Tribe Can't Determine Who Becomes President- Uzodinma by gji3ec1: 4:23pm On Sep 02, 2020
cheesy na supreme court cause all this thing, nobody for de hear your voice now
Re: Tribe Can't Determine Who Becomes President- Uzodinma by donbachi(m): 4:26pm On Sep 02, 2020
Ibo fulani has spoken
Re: Tribe Can't Determine Who Becomes President- Uzodinma by mujahid777(m): 4:26pm On Sep 02, 2020
...but it can certainly determine who won't get there grin
Re: Tribe Can't Determine Who Becomes President- Uzodinma by mbos: 4:28pm On Sep 02, 2020
but supreme court can!!!!!!
Re: Tribe Can't Determine Who Becomes President- Uzodinma by fulanimafia: 4:29pm On Sep 02, 2020
comshots:
The earlier the ibos realise that they are second class citizens the better.They are only good in holding appointment positions but are unqualified to be president of Nigeria.

IPOB/Nnamdi Kanu damaged them so bad politically it will be a miracle for them to ever get Nigerian's support for either Presidency or peaceful Biafra secession.

1 Like

Re: Tribe Can't Determine Who Becomes President- Uzodinma by hisgrace090: 4:49pm On Sep 02, 2020
But tribe can make all party clamour to field only northern candidate from 2015 till date because it is their turn?
Re: Tribe Can't Determine Who Becomes President- Uzodinma by adekolaelect(m): 9:02pm On Sep 02, 2020
One among the view sensible Igbos in Nigeria has spoken .
Re: Tribe Can't Determine Who Becomes President- Uzodinma by oluwadabira222(m): 9:06pm On Sep 02, 2020
4th position gorvenon too dey talk but sha he must earn his paycheck from his fulani master angry

(1) (Reply)

Kano Multi-billion Naira Economic City Nears Completion, Ganduja Says / Protest Against Hardship In Nigeria / Edo:You Can't Impose Your Archaic Politics On Edolites.L.P Blast Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.