Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,815 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

Hypocrisy Amongst A Certain Demographic Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Hypocrisy Amongst A Certain Demographic Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria (3689 Views)

Top 10 States With The Highest Number Of Internet Users In Nigeria / The Future Of Smartphone Designs. / Average Price Of Smartphone In Nigeria Drops To $95 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hypocrisy Amongst A Certain Demographic Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria by atheistandproud(m): 5:42am On Sep 03, 2020
One of the reasons why this country will never move forward even if we split it into individual households is hypocrisy (and self-interest). Selfish interests which comes at the detriment of the general good.

No matter how bad a situation is, you will find people who benefit from it and would frustrate whatever efforts are made to remedy the situation. Going as far back as slavery, people gained from it and tried to prevent the abolishing of slave trade, during the civil war, people inside the war torn zone profiteered from it and in our present day Nigeria, no matter how bad things have come to be, people are still profiteering from it and would not have it any other way.

A few months ago, with the release of the Camon 15 Premier and the unveiling of a 64MP camera on top of a Helio P35, people who understood Smartphone SoC tech were baffled and tried to point out this anomaly. The backlash was furious as a lot of persons who had personal interests in the brand and device took it very very personal and lots of threads were opened and insults were flung like bullets across world war 2 trenches.

One matter still remains unexplained to this day, how does 64mp work on Helio P35?

There is a sort of hypocrisy that stinks to the high heavens from Transsion supporters and marketers which makes me nauseous and I'll go further to list them below. It's 5am and I have ample time.

1. SoC (System on a Chip)
I remember receiving bitter insults in 2019 from Transsion supporters, especially those from Infinix who claimed vehemently that there were more important things in a phone than the SoC and that it doesn't matter. This was after it was pointed out that Transsion hides bad specs by pasting Quad core on the cover. I still have my Pouvoir 2 carton with me as evidence.

The responses ranged from "we don't buy phones to play games", "SoC is not important" to personal insults then all of a sudden, the Infinix Note 7 was released with the Helio G70 and in the blink of an eye, SoC had suddenly become important! Infinix that posts QUAD CORE on device packaging was painting everywhere red with G70. So with the release of the G90T on the Infinix Zero 8, I would like to ask if we were right all along and that SoCs truly are important?

2. Camera sensors

I remember Zesushvwritter who dragged Transsion on Twitter so badly that Tecno to be precise had to edit their website when he brought the roof down on them. The question was simple, "what sensors did the Tecno Camon 15 Premier use?"

I remember all sorts of excuses were brought up. The most shocking was that "companies don't advertise the type of camera sensors they use". WTF?! How did I manage to share the same country with some people?! Our usual excuse bringer said "they neglected to add it because it is not necessary". How can you use a Sony sensor and forget to add it?!

Well on every Zero 8 advert, I see the Sony IMX sensor emblazoned with the G90T boldly. Do Camera sensors matter now?

In conclusion, we have to be better and we have to be more educated and selfless. It is hypocrisy of the highest order to use a Xiaomi, Huawei, Samsung or iPhone to log onto Nairaland and advise someone else to get a Transsion phone. It is not just wrong, it is evil!

I will give credit where it is due, the G70 on the IN7 was a step in the right direction and the G90T on the Zero 8 is massive. I am impressed. I don't know how effective Nairaland is but if the reports I got are true coupled with the bashing on FB, Infinix are ready to improve but they would not have done so if they were not pushed.

Now Transsion users can hold their head up high and be proud of two good devices. The Zero 8 is worth the price. This is what we want to see. I can recommend that phone for anyone because the chipset and camera are top notch, the OS may need work but software can be changed and updated.

Let's stop this hypocrisy and call a spade a spade.

Una good morning.

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Hypocrisy Amongst A Certain Demographic Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria by moscojoor(m): 5:50am On Sep 03, 2020
Tell dem boss bunch of hypocrite
Venoms001 come and receive sense

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hypocrisy Amongst A Certain Demographic Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria by tillaman(m): 5:58am On Sep 03, 2020
grin
Re: Hypocrisy Amongst A Certain Demographic Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria by judgementyard(m): 6:03am On Sep 03, 2020
grin ;Dthanks for the info,it really was an eye opener. Though I use an itel s15. Heads up... they'll soon come for you
Re: Hypocrisy Amongst A Certain Demographic Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria by atheistandproud(m): 6:27am On Sep 03, 2020
judgementyard:
grin ;Dthanks for the info,it really was an eye opener.
Though I use an itel s15.
Heads up... they'll soon come for you

It is understandable that there are phones for every price point because no be everybody get the same pocket.

That's why phones have tiers. Flagship, Mid-range, Budget and Entry.

The manufacturers build phone hardware specifically for the different levels of phones.

Imagine putting a 3G processor of 2015 inside a 2019 phone and selling it for an expensive price. O wrong nau.

There is a need for low end phones in the market, we actually need them but they should be sold for what they are, low end phones. Not hiding the specs and deceiving the public.

If you want to make high end phones, then make high end phones with high end specs.

Personal experience: I bought Pouvoir 2 for 50k in ShopRite Warri in 2018, if I had known, I could have gotten Redmi Note 4 or even Nokia X5 which were way better phones as at the time.

See Nokia X5 is still going strong, Pouvoir 2 has been forgotten.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hypocrisy Amongst A Certain Demographic Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria by chariisGRACE(m): 6:42am On Sep 03, 2020
Since Helio G90t is what is written on the phone pack and not Octa core, I can't count the number of threads that have been opened for it.

If Quad core is what was inscribed on the pack of the phone, they would have shifted attention to the cameras or battery and even screen size.

But since Helio G90t is the selling point, they have totally ignored the wonderful 64+48mp (wonderment).

Anyways, Kudos to Infinix...I believe NL did it.

As for Techno, the purported senior brother of Infinix that have refused to senior Infinix...

14 Likes

Re: Hypocrisy Amongst A Certain Demographic Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria by Randerl: 6:46am On Sep 03, 2020
Well said.

SoC and image sensors now matters.

And the smartfone junkyard called transsion is preparing to launch or correct their mistakes with a common 16 premier soap.

Nigerian smartech reviewers are the worst type in the world. Their reviews are geared towards promoting the very products they review.

No objective and unbiased reviews. We have seen them on NL and YT deceiving the average Nigerian and African users.

What happened to Micromax in India is here to stay with all Transsion products.

Between March and August 2020 they have been releasing junks into the Nigerian/African markets. Better to go for affordable world class products in Samsung A/M series, Huawei Y series or get myself a Nokia.

12 Likes

Re: Hypocrisy Amongst A Certain Demographic Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria by DOMINO001: 6:53am On Sep 03, 2020
Xiaomi brought competition to the smartphone industry in Nigeria. My guy will open his mouth to tell me that battery is everything in a phone. He doesn't want to see the fact that xiaomi gives you almost everything a phone should have at affordable price.

14 Likes

Re: Hypocrisy Amongst A Certain Demographic Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria by rationalhuman(m): 7:05am On Sep 03, 2020
Micromax products were fabulous, I was there and Used two of their smartphones in 2012 and 2014, I would buy them again.
Canvas HD2 was agem.

It was their corporate mismanagement and internal power struggle among family that killed that Shining Brand.

I was reading somewhere they are coming again with full force and with 2 new factories.

Randerl:
Well said.

And the smartfone junkyard called transsion is preparing to launch or correct their mistakes with a common 16 premier soap.

Nigerian smartech reviewers are the worst type in the world. Their reviews are geared towards promoting the very products they review.

No objective and unbiased reviews. We have seen them on NL and YT deceiving the average Nigerian and African users.

Between March and August 2020 they have been releasing junks into the Nigerian/African markets. Better to go for affordable world class products in Samsung A/M series, Huawei Y series or get myself a Nokia.

Re: Hypocrisy Amongst A Certain Demographic Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria by Timmzycul11: 7:16am On Sep 03, 2020
We all are praying for a good and better nation, but some want to drag us back in all ramifications.
Africa, we are our problem seriously, how can china who makes Tecno, Infinix and Itel phones but do not allow it's citizen to use and our government allowed it into our shores without any quizzing
Thank God we are getting it right lately but we need to do more, make i stop here cause naija matter sef no be here
Goodmorning bro

3 Likes

Re: Hypocrisy Amongst A Certain Demographic Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria by atheistandproud(m): 7:20am On Sep 03, 2020
chariisGRACE:
Since Helio G90t is what is written on the phone pack and not Octa core, I can't count the number of threads that have been opened for it.

If Quad core is what was inscribed on the pack of the phone, they would have shifted attention to the cameras or battery and even screen size.

But since Helio G90t is the selling point, they have totally ignored the wonderful 64+48mp (wonderment).

Anyways, Kudos to Infinix...I believe NL did it.

As for Techno, the purported senior brother of Infinix that have refused to senior Infinix...

Bless you.

1 Like

Re: Hypocrisy Amongst A Certain Demographic Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria by atheistandproud(m): 7:24am On Sep 03, 2020
Randerl:
Well said.

All of them scam reviewers are part of the problem. The one who refuse to tow the path to cheap fame are cast aside. it's why I like Kagan. He's one of the few Nigerian YouTubers that I respect.

The rest are trash.

2 Likes

Re: Hypocrisy Amongst A Certain Demographic Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria by atheistandproud(m): 7:27am On Sep 03, 2020
Timmzycul11:
We all are praying for a good and better nation, but some want to drag us back in all ramifications.
Africa, we are our problem seriously, how can china who makes Tecno, Infinix and Itel phones but do not allow it's citizen to use and our government allowed it into our shores without any quizzing
Thank God we are getting it right lately but we need to do more, make i stop here cause naija matter sef no be here
Goodmorning bro

Everyone wants a country that works, where things are done right and quality services are rendered or at least they want to go to a place where such things are done but yet they knowingly contribute their own quota to the squalor we are experiencing today all for the sake of a few pennies.

A pleasant morning to you too.

1 Like

Re: Hypocrisy Amongst A Certain Demographic Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria by Timmzycul11: 7:31am On Sep 03, 2020
atheistandproud:

All of them scam reviewers are part of the problem. The one who refuse to tow the path to cheap fame are cast aside. it's why I like Kagan. He's one of the few Nigerian YouTubers that I respect.

The rest are trash.

Part of the blame goes to the government(SON)

1 Like

Re: Hypocrisy Amongst A Certain Demographic Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria by atheistandproud(m): 7:37am On Sep 03, 2020
Timmzycul11:

Part of the blame goes to the government(SON)

Government that allows aircraft that are not airworthy to fly, endangering lives and property, you expect them to care?

Lol. The citizens don't care so they don't bother.
Re: Hypocrisy Amongst A Certain Demographic Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria by Randerl: 7:37am On Sep 03, 2020
atheistandproud:

The rest are trash.

The guy is way too versertile with his reviews, unlike the deceptive "Shallow, One Way, Copy & Paste" Naija Smartfone reviewers.

2 Likes

Re: Hypocrisy Amongst A Certain Demographic Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria by IKON360(m): 7:38am On Sep 03, 2020
I don't even know why you stress yourself about this. Some people see something beneficial and stubbornly refuse to accept it. They see something that's impressive, good, of high quality and service but choose to turn a blind eye on it.
I have learnt never to bother myself with such people, I just ignore them because no matter what you say they are adamant in their ignorance and refusal to learn. Well you have tried

5 Likes

Re: Hypocrisy Amongst A Certain Demographic Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria by atheistandproud(m): 7:40am On Sep 03, 2020
Randerl:

The guy is way versatile with his reviews, unlike the deceptive "One Way, Copy & Paste" Naija Smartfone reviewers.

I swear. I don't click any of their videos or promotions. If I want to be lied to, I know where to go.

As for Kagan, he is not cheap now. He'll go places if he continues in the same vein.

1 Like

Re: Hypocrisy Amongst A Certain Demographic Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria by Randerl: 7:43am On Sep 03, 2020
atheistandproud:

As for Kagan, he is not cheap now. He'll go places if he continues in the same vein.

Yes. He reviews different tech products not just smartphone.

1 Like

Re: Hypocrisy Amongst A Certain Demographic Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria by FryMosquito: 7:44am On Sep 03, 2020
Well said.. All I know is wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it, and right is right even if no one is doing it.. I appreciate your effort here for always being on the right side.. Oshee

2 Likes

Re: Hypocrisy Amongst A Certain Demographic Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria by ibawon(m): 7:45am On Sep 03, 2020
Like I said Helio G90 is a step in the right direction coupled with 90HZTS display that's worth my recommendation

3 Likes

Re: Hypocrisy Amongst A Certain Demographic Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria by Randerl: 7:49am On Sep 03, 2020
Brother, forget that thought.

In the Smart Tech world, failure to innovate will be the end to that Company or Product line.

Ask Nokia, HTC, Blackberry even Microsoft. It is a world that doesn't forgive tech missteps.

rationalhuman:
Micromax products were fabulous, I was there and Used two of their smartphones in 2012 and 2014, I would buy them again.
Canvas HD2 was agem.

It was their corporate mismanagement and internal power struggle among family that killed that Shining Brand.

I was reading somewhere they are coming again with full force and with 2 new factories.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hypocrisy Amongst A Certain Demographic Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria by atheistandproud(m): 7:56am On Sep 03, 2020
IKON360:
I don't even know why you stress yourself about this. Some people see something beneficial and stubbornly refuse to accept it. They see something that's impressive, good, of high quality and service but choose to turn a blind eye on it.
I have learnt never to bother myself with such people, I just ignore them because no matter what you say they are adamant in their ignorance and refusal to learn. Well you have tried

It's not because of "them" per sé. They know what is right and wrong. My first Android was in 2012, some of them have probably used phones longer than myself. A lot of them don't even use Transsion. A very popular one uses Samsung A10, the rest use Huawei, iPhone, Xiaomi and even Google pixel. Obviously they know quality.

To infer from the Bible in Mark 2:17 and Luke 5:31, it is the genuinely ignorant that we are here for.

I don't sell phones neither am I wedded to any brand. If a brand doesn't serve my needs, I jump ship. I have the knowledge to do so. Freely I received it, and freely do I give (Matt 10:8 ).

2 Likes

Re: Hypocrisy Amongst A Certain Demographic Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria by atheistandproud(m): 7:58am On Sep 03, 2020
ibawon:
Like I said Helio G90 is a step in the right direction coupled with 90HZTS display that's worth my recommendation

Shows you that the company is actually sitting up and working.

If they improve even more and keep prices fair, I could just well become a fan again.
Re: Hypocrisy Amongst A Certain Demographic Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria by skywalker240(m): 8:39am On Sep 03, 2020
moscojoor:
Tell dem boss bunch of hypocrite
Venoms001 come and receive sense
The unbearable torments from sunshinev has relegated that one to the gutters, now she is tired of striking posts. grin

6 Likes

Re: Hypocrisy Amongst A Certain Demographic Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria by KrazyDave16(m): 8:44am On Sep 03, 2020
I don't think the hypocrisy will end anytime soon.
If anything, it'll be worse, now with 48MP front camera craze.
Re: Hypocrisy Amongst A Certain Demographic Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria by DONFRANSKID(m): 8:53am On Sep 03, 2020
We want the tear down of infinix zero 8 to see what's inside if it's true as they advertised. any way they have improved remain their ui

1 Like

Re: Hypocrisy Amongst A Certain Demographic Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria by atheistandproud(m): 8:59am On Sep 03, 2020
KrazyDave16:
I don't think the hypocrisy will end anytime soon.
If anything, it'll be worse, now with 48MP front camera craze.

Of course it won't but it'll be funny to see those who once hated the mention of SoCs start raving about it or even looking for GCam.

The internet never forgets. We'll be here to remind them.

I am not a hater of Transsion. If not that my L9+ was stolen, I would still have it by now. I was once a huge fan of Transsion.

These are my old phones.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hypocrisy Amongst A Certain Demographic Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria by atheistandproud(m): 9:02am On Sep 03, 2020
DONFRANSKID:
We want the tear down of infinix zero 8 to see what's inside if it's true as they advertised. any way they have improved remain their ui

There's a guy on YouTube, a Nigerian who does teardowns and exposed S5 auxiliary cameras as gimmicks.

Let's see if he can afford to tear this one down too.

1 Like

Re: Hypocrisy Amongst A Certain Demographic Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria by zakkyzakes: 9:03am On Sep 03, 2020
i'm patiently waiting for those dickheads but i don't really think they'd come here u know plague issues
Re: Hypocrisy Amongst A Certain Demographic Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria by Topmaike007(m): 9:13am On Sep 03, 2020
atheistandproud:

The rest are trash.
expecially Henry007 that guy dey work for Transsion

10 Likes

Re: Hypocrisy Amongst A Certain Demographic Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria by KrazyDave16(m): 9:15am On Sep 03, 2020
atheistandproud:

Of course it won't but it'll be funny to see those who once hated the mention of SoCs start raving about it or even looking for GCam.

The internet never forgets. We'll be here to remind them.

I am not a hater of Transsion. If not that my L9+ was stolen, I would still have it by now. I was once a huge fan of Transsion.

These are my old phones.
Woah you keep old devices?? shocked
Nice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cheap And Elegant Tablet: Blue Gate Bg8i ARM Full Specs / Xiaomi Mi Max 2 For Sale / Pics Of My Oppo Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.