Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,617 members, 7,813,030 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

I Just Got Scammed Through Sporty Bet - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Just Got Scammed Through Sporty Bet (6805 Views)

Bet9ja And Sporty Bet Secrets / Sporty Bet 2 Odds / 805 ODDS, Then FLEX It On Sporty Bet Or Any Platform With Flex Or 1 Cut Pay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Got Scammed Through Sporty Bet by Ejix4(m): 8:00am On Sep 03, 2020
So yesterday this unknown guy sent me a WhatsApp message asking me if I could stake 500 naira on a 217 sure odds... I told him yes, he said I should fund my sporty bet account with 500 naira and screen shot it to him to see I actually have the fund to play the games, I did all that... And shortly after he sent me a link... Directing me to follow the procedures he will issue me strictly... He said I should click on the link and input my phone number and password, that I did, but I didn't see any game... Not more than 40 mins later I started receiving debit alert of 20k, 2k, and 200 respectively from my bank... Only then I realized I have been scammed... I tried logging in to my sporty bet account but my password has been changed, I tried doing a reset password but all 5 attempts of the day have been used by thus scammer to change my password to his... Realizing I don't have access to my account anymore, I called the customers care number and explained all to them... They quickly deactivated the account so the hacker won't have power to withdraw the money from the sporty bet account into his bank account... Please be careful who u trust... This is his number +234 704 489 5705

Re: I Just Got Scammed Through Sporty Bet by GODSENT252: 8:04am On Sep 03, 2020
Chaiii. Sorry sir. God will help recover your loss.
Re: I Just Got Scammed Through Sporty Bet by longetivity(m): 8:14am On Sep 03, 2020
Good for u
Re: I Just Got Scammed Through Sporty Bet by Ejix4(m): 8:19am On Sep 03, 2020
longetivity:
Good for u

My money is not yet lost... Its in my sporty bet account... Thank God I acted quickly by calling customers care... The account was deactivated which means no one can withdraw or stake a game through the account

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Scammed Through Sporty Bet by longetivity(m): 8:20am On Sep 03, 2020
Ejix4:

My money is not yet lost... Its in my sporty bet account... Thank God I acted quickly by calling customers care... The account was deactivated which means no one can withdraw or stake a game through the account
good for u as well
Re: I Just Got Scammed Through Sporty Bet by Kestine0: 8:24am On Sep 03, 2020
Bro take heart... They once tried that shit with me..me way I know where dem dey go.. I just put wrong password... Na so I begin receive text message of code that someone want to reset my password.. Five different codes.. I just dey laugh...

The thing here is some will even use tru facebook to tell you they are giving 1k to sportybet customers that you should send ur sportybet number. After dat lobatan...

Sportybet will ask you to send ur I.D card... As proof that you are the owner of the account before it can be activated back...
Re: I Just Got Scammed Through Sporty Bet by MJBOLT: 8:26am On Sep 03, 2020
he asked you to put your phone number and password and your brain did not tell you it's a scam undecided
Re: I Just Got Scammed Through Sporty Bet by Ejix4(m): 8:33am On Sep 03, 2020
MJBOLT:
he asked you to put your phone number and password and your brain did not tell you it's a scam undecided

As in ennnn, I dey shame for myself... Looks like he use juju on me... I was not expecting to be scammed anyway... Big lesson learnt there
Re: I Just Got Scammed Through Sporty Bet by Ejix4(m): 8:34am On Sep 03, 2020
Kestine0:
Bro take heart... They once tried that shit with me..me way I know where dem dey go.. I just put wrong password... Na so I begin receive text message of code that someone want to reset my password.. Five different codes.. I just dey laugh...

The thing here is some will even use tru facebook to tell you they are giving 1k to sportybet customers that you should send ur sportybet number. After dat lobatan...

Sportybet will ask you to send ur I.D card... As proof that you are the owner of the account before it can be activated back...

I just can't imagine the number of persons that have fallen victim to this fraudsters...
Re: I Just Got Scammed Through Sporty Bet by MJBOLT: 8:39am On Sep 03, 2020
upload the person number on the nairaland fraud thread,so others can be careful.

Ejix4:

As in ennnn, I dey shame for myself... Looks like he use juju on me... I was not expecting to be scammed anyway... Big lesson learnt there
Re: I Just Got Scammed Through Sporty Bet by Nobody: 8:57am On Sep 03, 2020
I don't have pity for people like you.You gave your details to a complete stranger.That is an irresponsible thing to do.
Re: I Just Got Scammed Through Sporty Bet by Danielomisco(m): 8:59am On Sep 03, 2020
Lol u wise oh!so he cudnt gv u code to play bt he needed u to give password n u gave?
So the game is sure n he cudnt stake his life on it bt wants ur 30percnt?
People dey amaze me oh.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Scammed Through Sporty Bet by Ejix4(m): 9:02am On Sep 03, 2020
Hmmmm I never gave him my details directly... And i would never have given out my details directly... He gave me a link... And just as u input ur email address and password in a gmail account, was the same way I used that link he gave to me... Anyway that does not take away the fact that I was so careless there...
Re: I Just Got Scammed Through Sporty Bet by Ejix4(m): 9:05am On Sep 03, 2020
Danielomisco:
Lol u wise oh!so he cudnt gv u code to play bt he needed u to give password n u gave?
So the game is sure n he cudnt stake his life on it bt wants ur 30percnt?
People dey amaze me oh.

I knew there were never any sure games anywhere... My intention was that after seeing his self acclaimed sure games I would check and pick out games from there that I think would be worthy to stake on... It was more like I was expecting to outsmart him by getting the games and not staking on it... But I ended up getting outsmarted
Re: I Just Got Scammed Through Sporty Bet by Ejix4(m): 9:09am On Sep 03, 2020
Re: I Just Got Scammed Through Sporty Bet by Danielomisco(m): 9:10am On Sep 03, 2020
Ejix4:

I knew there were never any sure games anywhere... My intention was that after seeing his self acclaimed sure goals I would check and pick out games from there that I think would be worthy to stake on... It was more like I was expecting to outsmart him by getting the games and not staking on it... But I ended up getting outsmarted
i like the fact i admitted u were careless.Sporty bet is so easy to bridge ppls acc..let me help u then,download 1xbet i might be givin u betcodes to stake on to mk little money.
Re: I Just Got Scammed Through Sporty Bet by GolDRoger: 9:17am On Sep 03, 2020
Ejix4:

I knew there were never any sure games anywhere... My intention was that after seeing his self acclaimed sure games I would check and pick out games from there that I think would be worthy to stake on... It was more like I was expecting to outsmart him by getting the games and not staking on it... But I ended up getting outsmarted

a Guy have been guyed by guy-yoyo

why u were scammed is becoz u are hell bent on seeing the Game. . . Haha

sure 217odds indeed.

Me wey d find just 3-4 odds i never see
Re: I Just Got Scammed Through Sporty Bet by SaintAY(m): 1:39am On Oct 16, 2020
Ejix4:
So yesterday this unknown guy sent me a WhatsApp message asking me if I could stake 500 naira on a 217 sure odds... I told him yes, he said I should fund my sporty bet account with 500 naira and screen shot it to him to see I actually have the fund to play the games, I did all that... And shortly after he sent me a link... Directing me to follow the procedures he will issue me strictly... He said I should click on the link and input my phone number and password, that I did, but I didn't see any game... Not more than 40 mins later I started receiving debit alert of 20k, 2k, and 200 respectively from my bank... Only then I realized I have been scammed... I tried logging in to my sporty bet account but my password has been changed, I tried doing a reset password but all 5 attempts of the day have been used by thus scammer to change my password to his... Realizing I don't have access to my account anymore, I called the customers care number and explained all to them... They quickly deactivated the account so the hacker won't have power to withdraw the money from the sporty bet account into his bank account... Please be careful who u trust... This is his number +234 704 489 5705

Please how far have you gone with this, I was also scammed over a 100+, did you get your money back or know there head office, please do help me
Re: I Just Got Scammed Through Sporty Bet by Dentmoyin(m): 6:41am On Oct 16, 2020
Danielomisco:
i like the fact i admitted u were careless.Sporty bet is so easy to bridge ppls acc..let me help u then,download 1xbet i might be givin u betcodes to stake on to mk little money.
are you serious ?
Re: I Just Got Scammed Through Sporty Bet by Danielomisco(m): 7:14am On Oct 16, 2020
Dentmoyin:
are you serious ?
very serious
Re: I Just Got Scammed Through Sporty Bet by ehmmy11(m): 10:28am On Nov 18, 2020
op how far hope you have gotten control of your account now.. To everyone else don't even click on the link.. When asked verbally take your time and waste scammer call card before giving him a piece of your mind

Ejix4:
Re: I Just Got Scammed Through Sporty Bet by Danielomisco(m): 11:18am On Nov 18, 2020
See game I played ystdai 1xbet,mad options.. Holla lets make daily bread together.

Re: I Just Got Scammed Through Sporty Bet by Sheriman(m): 3:50pm On Nov 18, 2020
Danielomisco:
See game I played ystdai 1xbet,mad options.. Holla lets make daily bread together.
God Save you better don't place Nigeria again in any of your next bet
Re: I Just Got Scammed Through Sporty Bet by Burstit(m): 4:07pm On Nov 18, 2020
Danielomisco:
Person neva exhale finish from the choke around his neck, you don come up with anoda one. No be 1x bet wey men dey complain of their fraudulence and irregularities. The 1x betcodes wey you de promise am, other bookmakers/companies no de feature the games or sports?
Re: I Just Got Scammed Through Sporty Bet by Danielomisco(m): 4:29pm On Nov 18, 2020
Sheriman:
God Save you better don't place Nigeria again in any of your next bet
lol i don analyse the game die
Re: I Just Got Scammed Through Sporty Bet by CASTAGNE: 5:20pm On Nov 18, 2020
It happened to me today luckily for me I don't use sportybet that much and there are no funds in my account
In the Link posted.you'll be asked for your withdrawal pin once I saw that I decided he was a scammer
Re: I Just Got Scammed Through Sporty Bet by CASTAGNE: 5:24pm On Nov 18, 2020
Ejix4:

U dropped your withdrawal pin right ?
Re: I Just Got Scammed Through Sporty Bet by samuel122: 1:14pm On Dec 04, 2021
Good afternoon, please ooo my sportybet account was hacked and money was moved from another person's Gtbank app that I don't even know into the account, when I was arrested by the Navy man,I was surprised because I forgot about the account since I lost access to it, it was when the Navy man got to the bank and he said my number popped up, that the money was moved from my sportybet to a paycomm account. He ended up collecting 150k from me and still treatning that I must pay remaining 155k I told him I know nothing about the fraud, when I called sportybet customer care they gave me the Opay account of the fraudster and the matter is now in Panti for investigation. But I am still surprised how the scammer could not withdraw from my account and made d withdrawal from the Navy man account. I am highly confused and now I am reading here on the platform that they open an Opay account with the person name and d fraudulent Opay account number. What should I do, I have picked up a human right lawyer to fight this for me. Please I need advice.

(1) (Reply)

Super Fowls Of Nigeria / Killing Virtual Football Bet With New Tricks / Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.