Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,241 members, 7,839,265 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

My Detractors Lack Political Relevance- Makinde - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Detractors Lack Political Relevance- Makinde (145 Views)

I Will Crush, Flog My Detractors In PDP, Wike Vows / AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina / My Detractors Must Apologise To Imo APC, Says Gov Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Detractors Lack Political Relevance- Makinde by nairapark: 12:49pm On Sep 03, 2020
The Oyo State Governor, Mr Seyi Makinde, has said those threatening to send him out of office in 2023 are not politically relevant.

The governor’s Chief Press Secretary, Taiwo Adisa, in a statement said Makinde spoke in Ogbomoso on Wednesday when he started the second phase of the Light-Up Oyo Project, in the town and also the construction of the three-kilometre-Under-G-LAUTECH road.

The governor said even if he decided not to seek re-election, the state would not be governed by charlatans again.

Makinde said, “Let me sound this: if I will not seek re-election, I am sure that Oyo State will never, again be in the hands of charlatans.

“So, calm down. It is even too early to start talking about a second term. Some parties that do not have even one councilor are saying that they will send me out of the Government House in 2023.”

Makinde said the second phase of the Light-Up Oyo Project was expected to be completed within nine months, noting that the first phase in Ibadan was already at 87.5 per cent completion.

He said the Light-Up Oyo Project was important to the economic expansion and security enhancement agenda of his administration.

https://www.nairapark.com/news/1599121393/detractors-lack-political-relevance-makinde

Re: My Detractors Lack Political Relevance- Makinde by Ginie007(f): 12:57pm On Sep 03, 2020
Avoid all the political drama and sign up for the Next Titan Season 7. 10 Million Naira up for grabs in this season

(1) (Reply)

CIVIL SOCIETY UPDATE: DELTA STATE COMMISSIONER FOR JUSTICE ENGAGES CIVIL SOCIETY / Misfiring On Social Media. / "Empower NTA Channel 6, Aba" - Gov. Ikpeazu Appeals NTA DG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.