Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,447 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

“Ize-Iyamu To Tackle Sexual Assault, Establish Special Victims Unit” - Wife - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “Ize-Iyamu To Tackle Sexual Assault, Establish Special Victims Unit” - Wife (162 Views)

Ize-Iyamu To Appeal Court Judgement Disqualifying His Candidacy / Ize-Iyamu To Obaseki: How Much Dollars Did You Pay PDP For Governorship Ticket? / Oshiomhole’s Camp Switches Support From Ize-iyamu To Obazee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“Ize-Iyamu To Tackle Sexual Assault, Establish Special Victims Unit” - Wife by Edo2020: 1:24pm On Sep 03, 2020
“Ize-Iyamu to tackle sexual assault, care for survivors with special victims unit” - Prof. Idia Ize-Iyamu

This morning, I appeared as a guest on Television Continental (TVC) where I revealed plans by my husband, Pastor Osagie IzeIyamu, to establish a special victims unit to combat sexual assault and care for survivors of rape and other gender-based violence if elected as Governor on the 19th of September.

As a professor of Orthodontist, I recently flagged off a free medical outreach across the three senatorial districts of Edo State to provide access to quality healthcare to residents of communities lacking health centres and personnel.

I told my listeners, and by extension, the Edo people that my husband’s administration will prioritize the care and empowerment of vulnerable groups in the state.

Pastor Ize-Iyamu is a compassionate man who is a strong believer in the capacity of women to inspire change in the society and contribute to growth and development when provided with an enabling environment and offered the right support, and I thank him for making me an empowered woman.

I recall his continuous support and encouragement in my journey to being a Professor following our marriage in 1992 when I had just completed my university education.

My husband, Pastor Ize-Iyamu supported me all the way, he told me not to rest on my oars. He actively supported me in my academic journey to becoming a Professor.

At a time in my career, I had to go for posting for two years, and my husband not only allowed it, but also made sure I had all that I needed. There were times when the cost of research became a challenge, as you know funding for research in this part of the world is almost non-existent, and my husband would ask how much I needed to complete my research and provide the funds.

Even when I grew tired, he encouraged me and gave me the moral support to continue publishing. He always reminded me of the mantra ‘publish or perish’ and encouraged me to keep going.

I am confident that Pastor Ize-Iyamu has plans to offer similar support and empowerment to all Edo women in their chosen endeavors if he emerges as the Governor.

On my husband’s involvement in politics as a clergy, I stressed on the importance of having righteous and honest leaders in political office. Even the Bible tells us that, ‘when the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.’

And again, my husband’s spirituality and proven integrity are not his only strong suits, but also his wealth of experience in public service as a former Chief of Staff and Secretary to the State Government, as well as his credentials as a homegrown politician who knows the true problems of the people and the right solutions to them. When I was moving up academically, my husband supported me 100 per cent, now that he is pursing politics, I will support him a 100 per cent.
Thank you for your support and prayers.

https://www.facebook.com/103883341445187/posts/110493654117489/

Re: “Ize-Iyamu To Tackle Sexual Assault, Establish Special Victims Unit” - Wife by Edo2020: 1:24pm On Sep 03, 2020
Re: “Ize-Iyamu To Tackle Sexual Assault, Establish Special Victims Unit” - Wife by abramelin11: 1:32pm On Sep 03, 2020
Good solutions. Please offer them to Obaseki, no vacancy
Re: “Ize-Iyamu To Tackle Sexual Assault, Establish Special Victims Unit” - Wife by yanabasee1(m): 2:13pm On Sep 03, 2020
This is how Buhari and APC promised us heaven on earth.....

Today, we are barely surviving and he and his party will always be shocked or expresses surprise on how why we're suffering and still living.....

Ize-Iyamu is no difference from Buhari and his party and I will never trust him and his wife...

Same way Aisha Buhari promised us that she will not vote for her husband again but ended up supporting the vegetable for a second term.

This people will never put the masses as their agenda but how much they're hoping to embezzle when the ascend the throne of gold's and silvers....

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19: Akwa Ibom Company To Produce Specialized Syringes For Vaccines / Northern Coalition Demands Immediate Reversal Of Fuel Price, Electricity Tariff / NCC: Nigeria Will Witness A Significant Improvement In The Telecom Industry.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.