Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

The Price Of Fame. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Price Of Fame. (140 Views)

Edoardo Santini: Italy’s ‘Most Handsome Man’ Gives Up Fame To Preach The Gospel / Mummy G.O Of Kpatakpata Fame And Other Nigerian Preachers Who Trended In 2021 / The Purpose Of Ministry Is Redemption Not Fame! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Price Of Fame. by Missyajoke(f): 3:01pm On Sep 03, 2020
Good morning everyone am here to post a short message on the price of fame. Let's pray " Heavenly father we thank you for this wonderful morning I pray that you'll touch their hearts with this message in Christ name have prayed amen.

What is fame?

the state of being known or talked about by many people, especially on account of notable achievements.

Can fame make you happy?

Fame cannot make you happy. Most of the hollywood stars are unhappy. Some people think that if they become famous, then they will be happy. Beloved, happiness can only be found in worshipping God, by giving our whole heart to him. If we live for the Glory of self, that Glory is nothing, it is vain- glory. Why not live for the Glory that brings true happiness. Some think buying expensive things like jewellery, cars will make them happy but instead of being happy they're still depressed. Jesus never pursue self-fame but only the fame of his father. The miracles he did were to glorify the name of the father, not merely to meet people's needs.

Biblical references:

John 18:36
Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But my kingdom is not from the world.”

1 John 2:15
Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

Colossians 3:2
Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.

The price of fame

1. You lose your salvation.
2. Depression.
3. You become a tool in Devil's hands
4. You start taking drugs.
5. Death.

1. You loss your salvation : Matthew 6:24 says No man can serve two masters: for either he. will hate the one, and love the other; or else. he will hold to the one, and despise the other, Ye cannot serve God and mammon. The bible verse tell us about the dangers of fame. The worst scenario a person can find himself is to sacrifice his whole over the things of this world. If Jesus can be tempted by the Devil it shows you can also be tempted. Then the devil took him up to a very high mountain and he showed him all the kingdoms of the world in their magnificence and he said to him, “All these I shall give to you if you will prostrate yourself and worship me.” We can see on this passage that Christ rejected the offer. To get the things of these world you have to bow to the devil and once you bow to him you've sold yourself to him.

2. Depression: The reason famous people like world celebrities are depressed is that Satan can't offer peace of mind but he can offer them Money. Most of these celebrities take drugs to erase depression. So why don't you stay in the promises of Christ rather than dine with the devil.

Re: The Price Of Fame. by MFMRevivalist: 4:18pm On Sep 03, 2020
Thanks so much for this ma. I learnt something. I'm blessed.
Re: The Price Of Fame. by Missyajoke(f): 5:33pm On Sep 03, 2020
MFMRevivalist:
Thanks so much for this ma. I learnt something. I'm blessed.

You're welcome

(1) (Reply)

Will Man Scam God Again? / Complete Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional For Tues, 8th Sept 2020: Say No To F / Pastor David Ibiyeomie’s Unforced Error

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.