Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,605 members, 7,823,635 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Nigerians Were Enjoying Under GEJ, Buhari’s Government Brought Hardship-Babatope - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Were Enjoying Under GEJ, Buhari’s Government Brought Hardship-Babatope (1723 Views)

Lagos Government Brought Foodstuff To My Doorstep.. Have You Gotten Your Own? / See How Police Dealt With Nigerians Under GEJ & Buhari- PICTURES / How Police Took Over NASS, Tear-Gassed Lawmakers Under GEJ - Vanguard News, 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Were Enjoying Under GEJ, Buhari’s Government Brought Hardship-Babatope by nairavsdollars(f): 7:06pm On Sep 03, 2020
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Chief Ebenezer Babatope, a former Minister of Transport on Thursday said Nigerians should pray to God to rescue them from the hardship the Muhammadu Buhari administration has subjected them to.

Babatope who was reacting to the increase in fuel price and electricity tariff said the Buhari administration is adding salt to the injuries of Nigerians who are still battling with harsh economic realities.

Speaking in a chat with Daily Independent, Babatope said Nigerians were enjoying more in 2012 when the Goodluck Jonathan administration removed fuel subsidy in 2012 which led to a nationwide protests.

He said “We are in a terrible situation. Things are so bad in this country. People are hungry and hopeless and the government appears to be adding salt to their injuries”.

“We should just pray to God to come and bail us out. The price of electricity has been increased and now the price of fuel coupled with so many other things. I am alarmed and highly devastated by the current situation of things in the country”.

“We were even enjoying during the Goodluck Jonathan era when Nigerians protested against fuel subsidy. Now we are suffering and some people are not even mindful of that at all”.

“All they want to do is to add up more problems to the Nigerian people. All we can do is to pray to God for forgiveness and to save us from this situation we find ourselves” he said.

https://www.independent.ng/nigerians-were-enjoying-under-jonathan-buharis-government-brought-hardship-babatope/

Re: Nigerians Were Enjoying Under GEJ, Buhari’s Government Brought Hardship-Babatope by izzou(m): 7:08pm On Sep 03, 2020
grin

Today, I bought fuel for #162

Irrespective of tribe, party affiliations or education, Buhari made sure everyone pays the same #162

All those who were shouting Sai Baba on Nl and offline, would still buy it at that...

May God continue to keep Buhari for us. He will definitely make us to have sense

Once again brethren, Sai Baba 2023 grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Were Enjoying Under GEJ, Buhari’s Government Brought Hardship-Babatope by Xscape1993(m): 7:11pm On Sep 03, 2020
I have not experienced such government in my entire life before.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Were Enjoying Under GEJ, Buhari’s Government Brought Hardship-Babatope by bolaayenimo: 7:16pm On Sep 03, 2020
Where are the Tunde Bakares, Odumakins, Pat Utomis to protest

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians Were Enjoying Under GEJ, Buhari’s Government Brought Hardship-Babatope by Olaolufred(m): 7:22pm On Sep 03, 2020
Nigerians were enjoying under the military until this useless democracy arrived in 1999. Babatope was part of the useless leaders of the democracy.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Were Enjoying Under GEJ, Buhari’s Government Brought Hardship-Babatope by donbachi(m): 7:23pm On Sep 03, 2020
"Occupy nigeria".. una no wan occupy again?

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Were Enjoying Under GEJ, Buhari’s Government Brought Hardship-Babatope by nedu666: 7:35pm On Sep 03, 2020
izzou:
grin

Irrespective of tribe, party affiliations or education, Buhari made sure everyone pays the same #162

All those who were shouting Sai Baba on Nl and offline, would still buy it at that...

May God continue to keep Buhari for us. He will definitely make us to have sense

The same with electricity, vat, stamp duties etc. Buhari does not give a Bleep if you voted for him or not. Pay or die

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Were Enjoying Under GEJ, Buhari’s Government Brought Hardship-Babatope by helinues: 7:37pm On Sep 03, 2020
Abegii.

You guys had opportunity to turn things around but didn't do , they are now forming one yet elder advising
Re: Nigerians Were Enjoying Under GEJ, Buhari’s Government Brought Hardship-Babatope by Aufbauh(m): 7:38pm On Sep 03, 2020
Cosmetic enjoyment. Okwa'ya!
The presume prosperity during the GEJ era is cosmetic and it's not sustainable. The variables are there for everyone to see. In fact those recklessness led us to this quagmire.

Imagine barely a year after the GEJ era a lot of people who said they made money during GEJ administration started crying of been broke. Is that a sustainable wealth? Wealth that you can't sustain for even 2yrs is a scam.
Re: Nigerians Were Enjoying Under GEJ, Buhari’s Government Brought Hardship-Babatope by Tochi3(m): 7:41pm On Sep 03, 2020
izzou:
grin

Lol. grin grin
Re: Nigerians Were Enjoying Under GEJ, Buhari’s Government Brought Hardship-Babatope by Olaolufred(m): 8:10pm On Sep 03, 2020
In case all of you don't want to know because of political affiliations :

Gen. Abacha left pump price at #11 per litre.

General. Abdusalami left it at #20 per litre.

Pdp hypocrites should explain what took it to #97 per litre.

Let's stop this selective amnesia.

I prefer military handling of our economy than looters pdp and apc democracy.

What have we gained from these looters since 1999?

Babatope should keep quiet.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Were Enjoying Under GEJ, Buhari’s Government Brought Hardship-Babatope by donb06: 8:18pm On Sep 03, 2020
Olaolufred:

It took 16years for it to jump from 20 to 97 naira .... But 5 years to jump from 97 to 162 naira..... E get as e be na

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Were Enjoying Under GEJ, Buhari’s Government Brought Hardship-Babatope by Racoon(m): 8:18pm On Sep 03, 2020
All the Save & Occupy Nigeria group activists have long lost their conscience & voice.Next level have hit them so hard that they're jejely enduring the hardship under the oppressive & repressive government.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Were Enjoying Under GEJ, Buhari’s Government Brought Hardship-Babatope by playapayaski: 8:29pm On Sep 03, 2020
Sad.. P SQUARE REALLY ASK

WHY E BE SAY!!!

The way that we are living are not supposed to be the way you and I are still living
(Why e be say)
The leaders just dey chop money dey go because they think we all no dey see them
(Why e be say)
They took away our right and make silly promises, they want us to believe them
Why e be say some people too dey lie
Why e be say some people no dey try
Corruption na frustration na dey bring back condition is what we are feeling
(Why e be say)
Some people just sit down, just dey look
Day and night they staring at the ceiling
(Why e be say)
They look into our eyes and tell us say e go better while they are baggers still stealing
I don die eeee

Why, my brother, why you dey chook eye for your brother
While the leaders dey dey chop una bread and butter
In our society, make we dey try and live like one family
We suppose to get energy and power
What a tragedy, with our wealth we still dey live in poverty
(The wrong thing be say)
As poor ones dey hala, the rich ones dey hammer (yes o)

WHY E BE SAY NIGERIA NOR FIT JUST WORK?
Re: Nigerians Were Enjoying Under GEJ, Buhari’s Government Brought Hardship-Babatope by GamalNasser: 8:34pm On Sep 03, 2020
Omo we were really really really really really really really really really really really really enjoying under Jonathan if you compare it to this failed current govt

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Were Enjoying Under GEJ, Buhari’s Government Brought Hardship-Babatope by Olaolufred(m): 8:47pm On Sep 03, 2020
donb06:

It took 16years for it to jump from 20 to 97 naira .... But 5 years to jump from 97 to 162 naira..... E get as e be na

Why can't they both retain it at #11 per litre abacha left it?

Are we saying it isn't possible.?

Are we saying all the refineries built by the military aren't maintainable.?

Stop giving excuses for these thieves.

When you try to exonerate them, you begin politicking.

What they failed to do is the reason you will still buy it higher than #180 in future.

Let's stop deceiving ourselves.
Re: Nigerians Were Enjoying Under GEJ, Buhari’s Government Brought Hardship-Babatope by donb06: 8:53pm On Sep 03, 2020
Olaolufred:

Why can't they both retain it at #11 per litre abacha left it?

Are we saying it isn't possible.?

Are we saying all the refineries built by the military aren't maintainable.?

Stop giving excuses for these thieves.

When you try to exonerate them, you begin politicking.

What they failed to do is the reason you will still buy it higher than #180 in future.

Let's stop deceiving ourselves.
Thanks
Re: Nigerians Were Enjoying Under GEJ, Buhari’s Government Brought Hardship-Babatope by majole: 8:56pm On Sep 03, 2020
Talkative
Re: Nigerians Were Enjoying Under GEJ, Buhari’s Government Brought Hardship-Babatope by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:57pm On Sep 03, 2020
If you are a Buharist and you've bought petrol for N162 per litre or you intend buying at N162 per litre, shame on you and what you stand for..

Thank God I made the right decision in 2015

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Were Enjoying Under GEJ, Buhari’s Government Brought Hardship-Babatope by surgical: 9:11pm On Sep 03, 2020
Olaolufred:

mumu that was an increment of 65naira in 16years and buhari have added 75naira in just 5years,imagine 8or 16years what it would be,that is aside doing the opposite of what he promised to do when elected, that is deceit and total lack of integrity
Defending buhari will make you look stupid,i don't know for what reason you want to mortgage your self worth for buhari
For buhari nothing good can come from him , that is a statement of fact
We have traveled this road before,with this same buhari.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians Were Enjoying Under GEJ, Buhari’s Government Brought Hardship-Babatope by bolaayenimo: 9:24pm On Sep 03, 2020
There is a likelihood they will still increase

surgical:
mumu that was an increment of 65naira in 16years and buhari have added 75naira in just 5years,imagine 8or 16years what it would be,that is aside doing the opposite of what he promised to do when elected, that is deceit and total lack of integrity
Defending buhari will make you look stupid,i don't know for what reason you want to mortgage your self worth for buhari
Re: Nigerians Were Enjoying Under GEJ, Buhari’s Government Brought Hardship-Babatope by Olaolufred(m): 9:27pm On Sep 03, 2020
surgical:

If you can't prove to me why it is not possible for Nigerian to buy fuel processed in our own functional refineries at #20 per litre, then you are the higher mumu.

The failed Babatope and his party could not build a refinery, nor maintain the existing. Population increasing yet we are comparing failures.
A failure scored 25/100 and said he's a better failure compared to 20/100.

Keep playing your politics.

I promise you will buy it higher in future.

Increase population will keep you under pressure for your failures in refining your fuel locally.

That failure is even more on one side than the other.

Failures of regimes before Buhari has cascaded to him, those failures and his own failure will be the burden of the next president after him.

This is how we will continue shouting till Jesus comes.

But mind you, IBB, Abacha regimes are economically an enjoyment compared to 1999 to date.

Democracy is not meant for us.

Most national assets were built by military.

While democracy only shares.

If you are not a mumu, you will understand these realities.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Were Enjoying Under GEJ, Buhari’s Government Brought Hardship-Babatope by amuwo1980: 9:37pm On Sep 03, 2020
donbachi:
"Occupy nigeria".. una no wan occupy again?
They were just A gang of tribal supremacist and barely informed ppl

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Were Enjoying Under GEJ, Buhari’s Government Brought Hardship-Babatope by Olaolufred(m): 10:43pm On Sep 03, 2020
bolaayenimo:
There is a likelihood they will still increase

You dey mind them?

If they felt #141 per litre was what was feasible in 2012, you will understand what it could be 8.years after.

Subsidy is not sustainable, but I disagree with Buhari on this timing.

Covid 19 economic burden is heavy on the poor already.

Let's postpone it for at least a year. While preparing people for the eventual removal.
Re: Nigerians Were Enjoying Under GEJ, Buhari’s Government Brought Hardship-Babatope by slivertongue: 11:09pm On Sep 03, 2020
“We are in a terrible situation. Things are so bad in this country. People are hungry and hopeless and the government appears to be adding salt to their injuries”.

that's the consequence of voting in an economic illiterate

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Were Enjoying Under GEJ, Buhari’s Government Brought Hardship-Babatope by bolaayenimo: 12:43am On Sep 04, 2020
Let's pray it works. Not by complaining

playapayaski:
Sad.. P SQUARE REALLY ASK

WHY E BE SAY!!!

The way that we are living are not supposed to be the way you and I are still living
(Why e be say)
The leaders just dey chop money dey go because they think we all no dey see them
(Why e be say)
They took away our right and make silly promises, they want us to believe them
Corruption na frustration na dey bring back condition is what we are feeling
(Why e be say)
Some people just sit down, just dey look
Day and night they staring at the ceiling
(Why e be say)
They look into our eyes and tell us say e go better while they are baggers still stealing
I don die eeee

Why, my brother, why you dey chook eye for your brother
While the leaders dey dey chop una bread and butter
In our society, make we dey try and live like one family
We suppose to get energy and power
What a tragedy, with our wealth we still dey live in poverty
(The wrong thing be say)
As poor ones dey hala, the rich ones dey hammer (yes o)

WHY E BE SAY NIGERIA NOR FIT JUST WORK?
Re: Nigerians Were Enjoying Under GEJ, Buhari’s Government Brought Hardship-Babatope by Nobody: 12:49am On Sep 04, 2020
izzou:
grin

Na so.

Funny thing is that those who didn't vote for Buhari had long prepared their minds so they are better equipped with the resilience needed to survive this situation than the zombies who are shouting Sai Baba up and down.
You will notice that 5%ers cry less in this buharidemic than the 95%ers.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Were Enjoying Under GEJ, Buhari’s Government Brought Hardship-Babatope by bolaayenimo: 6:36am On Sep 04, 2020
I heard APC supporters can still buy for N87 once they show their party cards

J111333:
Na so.

Funny thing is that those who didn't vote for Buhari had long prepared their minds so they are better equipped with the resilience needed to survive this situation than the zombies who are shouting Sai Baba up and down.
You will notice that 5%ers cry less in this buharidemic than the 95%ers.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Were Enjoying Under GEJ, Buhari’s Government Brought Hardship-Babatope by November1857(m): 6:50am On Sep 04, 2020
helinues:
Abegii.

You guys had opportunity to turn things around but didn't do , they are now forming one yet elder advising
See where your sophistication and intelligence has brought us ! Perhaps, you that were championing Sai baba on Nairaland is buying fuel at #47 per litre as you promised us.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Were Enjoying Under GEJ, Buhari’s Government Brought Hardship-Babatope by Maxymilliano(m): 6:51am On Sep 04, 2020
We were even enjoying during the Goodluck Jonathan era when Nigerians protested against fuel subsidy. Now we are suffering and some people are not even mindful of that at all”

I quite agree with the Ebino Topsy, things were quite much better and easy then than now.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Were Enjoying Under GEJ, Buhari’s Government Brought Hardship-Babatope by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 7:12am On Sep 04, 2020
helinues:
[s]Abegii.

You guys had opportunity to turn things around but didn't do , they are now forming one yet elder advising[/s]
stop saying meaningless things, people will think you have skoiskoi cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Posterity: These Men Are The Most Vociferous Voices Challenging The Jihardists / The Niger Delta: Trouble Ahead As Tompolo Gives Seven Days Ultimatum / Where Is Jubril El-sudani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.