Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,869 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Timipre Sylva: FG Not Financially Able To Pay Subsidy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Timipre Sylva: FG Not Financially Able To Pay Subsidy (17065 Views)

Timipre Sylva: FG Has No Control Over The Price Of Cooking Gas / Sylva: FG May Sell Port Harcourt Refinery After $1.5bn Rehabilitation / Timipre Sylva: FG Can’t Bear Petrol Subsidy Any More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Timipre Sylva: FG Not Financially Able To Pay Subsidy by Racoon(m): 7:34pm On Sep 03, 2020
Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Chief Timipre Sylva, Thursday, disclosed that the Federal Government was not currently capable, financially, to pay the subsidy.

Addressing newsmen men in Abuja, Sylva disclosed that since the introduction of the deregulation policy, the country has saved about N1 trillion.

He further disclosed that the Federal Government has concluded plans to merge the Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency, PPPRA, and the Petroleum Equalisation Fund, PEF, into one agency called The Authority.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/09/breaking-fg-not-financially-able-to-pay-subsidy-sylva/amp/

6 Likes

Re: Timipre Sylva: FG Not Financially Able To Pay Subsidy by donbachi(m): 7:38pm On Sep 03, 2020
They should borrow from china and pay...its in their party constitution.

98 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Timipre Sylva: FG Not Financially Able To Pay Subsidy by viyon02: 7:38pm On Sep 03, 2020
But it is financially ok to loot the country, flee from this country and get reward for your hustle out there.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Timipre Sylva: FG Not Financially Able To Pay Subsidy by chatinent: 7:39pm On Sep 03, 2020
Subsidy in the first place has more harm than good.

4 Likes

Re: Timipre Sylva: FG Not Financially Able To Pay Subsidy by Racoon(m): 7:40pm On Sep 03, 2020
So they finally confessed that subsidy or their dubious subsidy under-recovery payment has been ongoing despite the government's lies?

So who has been paying the alleged subsidy and to who?
Was the subsidy payment appropriated by the rubberstamp NASS? This government is something else.

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Timipre Sylva: FG Not Financially Able To Pay Subsidy by Racoon(m): 7:40pm On Sep 03, 2020
chatinent:
Subsidy in the first place has more harm than good.
"Subsidy is a fraud."-Buhari.Now they have looted so much that they cant sustain the fraudulent subsidy regime again abi? However, when the previous govt wants to jettison this corruption, they politicized it and protested in Ojota.Today nko?

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Timipre Sylva: FG Not Financially Able To Pay Subsidy by henry4991(m): 7:41pm On Sep 03, 2020
None of my Business
Re: Timipre Sylva: FG Not Financially Able To Pay Subsidy by EzzyCarter: 7:42pm On Sep 03, 2020
viyon02:
But they are financially ok to loot the country, flee from this country and get reward for your hustle out there.

My brother, I don dey get my papers in order. The writing on the wall has never been clearer grin . To the great Patriots who still believe in this country, I salute you. You'll get your reward in due time cheesy

The same subsidy they crucified Goodluck Jonathan for removing back when he was in power ? Isn't this God wonderful? grin

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Timipre Sylva: FG Not Financially Able To Pay Subsidy by Racoon(m): 7:42pm On Sep 03, 2020
He said no one qualified more to appreciate the rot in the NNPC, and to deal with the menace, than President Buhari who was the pioneer head of the NNPC in 1977.“No one can appreciate the gap between the vision of the NNPC’s founding fathers, the baby of 1977 and the 38 year-old monster it has become better than President Buhari.

Atiku was right, the NNPC needs to be privatized having become a haven of putrid corruption by successive govts in the annals of this nation.

The APC being the hypocrites that they are simply latched on to the Atiku's statement to unbundle this epitome of institutional corruption to score a political point.

Meanwhile; Two Nigeria refineries gulp ₦85.9 billion but produce no fuel in 13 months

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/411896-two-nigeria-refineries-gulp-%E2%82%A685-9-billion-but-produce-no-fuel-in-13-months.html

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Timipre Sylva: FG Not Financially Able To Pay Subsidy by Fheelzz(m): 7:42pm On Sep 03, 2020
9ja govt nawa ohh

1 Like

Re: Timipre Sylva: FG Not Financially Able To Pay Subsidy by HawkToBar(m): 7:42pm On Sep 03, 2020
Z
Re: Timipre Sylva: FG Not Financially Able To Pay Subsidy by Openbusiness: 7:43pm On Sep 03, 2020
Mtchwwwwwww
Re: Timipre Sylva: FG Not Financially Able To Pay Subsidy by osazsky(m): 7:43pm On Sep 03, 2020
Now that its 161 I hope they have finally removed it totally..so that they wont continue to pay and dont declare it in the Nigeria budget scam

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Timipre Sylva: FG Not Financially Able To Pay Subsidy by strangest(m): 7:43pm On Sep 03, 2020
Tinubu should lead a protest as usual

4 Likes

Re: Timipre Sylva: FG Not Financially Able To Pay Subsidy by AFULA(m): 7:44pm On Sep 03, 2020
okay
Re: Timipre Sylva: FG Not Financially Able To Pay Subsidy by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:45pm On Sep 03, 2020
He further disclosed that the Federal Government has concluded plans to merge the Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency, PPPRA, and the Petroleum Equalisation Fund, PEF, into one agency called The Authority.
This is what we have been advocating for for a long time now.
Good initiative.
Slow and steady we will get to a new and better Nigeria.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Timipre Sylva: FG Not Financially Able To Pay Subsidy by Vanzcharles(m): 7:45pm On Sep 03, 2020
This was the same set of people against the previous administration on the removal of fuel subsidy. They used the gullible Nigerians like to believe in the incompetency of the administration.

Now they are in power the Dom see am na.. All they know how to do was criticize and compare that they were no more long queues. But when Jonathan wanted to provide solution they kicked against it then.

If you like support them that wan consign una, because you just hated them so you've made up yourins to justify anything.

Good Riddance!!!
If only this subsidy had been removed, we would have been 7 years ahead if this problem something that would have been removed since 2012.. Now we are in 2020 Nigeria which way forward?

11 Likes

Re: Timipre Sylva: FG Not Financially Able To Pay Subsidy by obailala(m): 7:45pm On Sep 03, 2020
Racoon:
So they finally confessed that subsidy or their dubious subsidy under-recovery payment has been ongoing despite the government's lies?

So who has been paying the alleged subsidy and to who?
Was the subsidy payment appropriated by the rubberstamp NASS? This government is something else.
But it was announced since April that subsidy had been stopped; which other subsidy are you referring to?

8 Likes

Re: Timipre Sylva: FG Not Financially Able To Pay Subsidy by LOVEGINO(m): 7:45pm On Sep 03, 2020
I dey learn from d elders. God take me there oooo. I go cause trouble.
Re: Timipre Sylva: FG Not Financially Able To Pay Subsidy by Femijohn198: 7:46pm On Sep 03, 2020
All these political leaders should reduce there salary from the executive to the legislature.this their salaries can also work for budgets implementation in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Timipre Sylva: FG Not Financially Able To Pay Subsidy by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:46pm On Sep 03, 2020
LOVEGINO:
I dey learn from d elders. God take me there oooo. I go cause trouble.
No gain in causing troubles o.
E no dey end well.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Timipre Sylva: FG Not Financially Able To Pay Subsidy by obailala(m): 7:47pm On Sep 03, 2020
strangest:
Tinubu should lead a protest as usual
You no get leg to stage protest?

I've seen several people posting pictures saying APC protested subsidy removal in 2012. Abeg what or who is stopping PDP from protesting now?

2 Likes

Re: Timipre Sylva: FG Not Financially Able To Pay Subsidy by LOVEGINO(m): 7:49pm On Sep 03, 2020
post=93541208:

E no dey end well.
abi? Hope u re enjoying d suffering?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Timipre Sylva: FG Not Financially Able To Pay Subsidy by Lilimax(f): 7:50pm On Sep 03, 2020
Ndi change, ndi Ara.
Where are TUC, NLC and the rest when you need them most. Seems they have all been proscribed.
Occupy Nigeria at Freedom Park Ojota Lagos on my mind. sad
Ndi Ara!

4 Likes

Re: Timipre Sylva: FG Not Financially Able To Pay Subsidy by Guyman02: 7:50pm On Sep 03, 2020
MANNABBQGRILLZ:

This is what we have been advocating for for a long time now.
Good initiative.
Slow and steady we will get to a new and better Nigeria.

I know say this increment dey pain you for Gboko, if you are a political appointee or a member of the APC NEC I would have said you can cope but you were recently delisted from N-POWER.
You come to Nairaland bitterly pretending to love your darling daddy Buhari cheesy

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Timipre Sylva: FG Not Financially Able To Pay Subsidy by Iphran6: 7:51pm On Sep 03, 2020
This same Buhari gov't that promised to rescue Nigeria from an imminent death in the hands of the past govt has Finally killed and buried this country....indeed there was a country!!!

Never trust any politician regardless of their party affiliation, they are all bunch of thieves....

So help us GOD!

5 Likes

Re: Timipre Sylva: FG Not Financially Able To Pay Subsidy by EzzyCarter: 7:51pm On Sep 03, 2020
post=93541208:

E no dey end well.

Don't worry mate, you and your darling daddy will surely end well cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Timipre Sylva: FG Not Financially Able To Pay Subsidy by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 03, 2020
But bubu said subsidy is a scam.

2 Likes

Re: Timipre Sylva: FG Not Financially Able To Pay Subsidy by Ollywealth(f): 7:52pm On Sep 03, 2020
Has FG ever been able to do anything reasonable since that man became fresident? ��

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Peter Obi Celebrates Duke Of Owa Kingdom, Prince Obaigbena On His 64th Birthday / 9 Soldiers Pay Fine, For Using BRT Lane..... / Akpabio, Tinubu Meet As PDP Threatens Action. PIC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.