Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,873 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Boxing: Efe Ajagba Vows To Dethrone Anthony Joshua - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Boxing: Efe Ajagba Vows To Dethrone Anthony Joshua (46508 Views)

Boxing: Efe Ajagba Loses First Professional Fight As Sanchez Retains Title / Meet Efe Ajagba, Nigerian Boxer Making Waves Like Anthony Joshua / Efe Ajagba Wins Curtis Harper Without A Punch After Opponent Walked Out Of Ring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boxing: Efe Ajagba Vows To Dethrone Anthony Joshua by sulaak(m): 9:53am On Sep 04, 2020
Why not fight Fury.
Re: Boxing: Efe Ajagba Vows To Dethrone Anthony Joshua by davodyguy: 10:03am On Sep 04, 2020
Diamonddris:
Wetin Hush puppy no go see for prison
He can't see President Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Boxing: Efe Ajagba Vows To Dethrone Anthony Joshua by victorazyvictor(m): 10:13am On Sep 04, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Ogbeni nor reason am o
He fit still fall Anthony Joshua hand

He holds the record for the fastest victory in boxing history

Anthony Joshua way dey run up and down for inside ring
If nor be say Anthony Joshua na also our real niggarrr....I for talk many many things but make i rest...

Why he no go fall Maywealther, Tyson Furry, na his brother he wan fall.

Africans and bad belle against each brother.

1 Like

Re: Boxing: Efe Ajagba Vows To Dethrone Anthony Joshua by kayjay69(m): 10:13am On Sep 04, 2020
You clearly no nothing about boxing but you know how to run your mouth very well.

Efe Ajagba is still a prospect, for him to have a chance he will need to come through the ranks and beat alot of very good fighters.

As for AJ running, WTF are you talking about? Again you know nothing about boxing. Go watch AJs fights and not just the last one alone. He had to stick and move around the ring with Ruiz because the fat mexican has fast hands. This was the tactic he should have resorted to in the first time they fought. You cannot knock everyone out, and if you can't it does not make you less of a fighter.

Why do you think Ali, widely regarded as the GOAT, was the stick and move kind of boxer? What differentiates a good from a great boxer is the ability to understand your strengths and use them to your advantage. AJ clearly still has a lot to learn but in my view he is the most exciting fighter to watch in this generation of very average fighters (and that includes him compared to the 60, 70, 80 and even 90s era boxers).
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Ogbeni nor reason am o

If nor be say Anthony Joshua na also our real niggarrr....I for talk many many things but make i rest...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boxing: Efe Ajagba Vows To Dethrone Anthony Joshua by victorazyvictor(m): 10:14am On Sep 04, 2020
sulaak:
Why not fight Fury.
No mind the iidiot. na his brother he wan fall. Africans have long way.
Re: Boxing: Efe Ajagba Vows To Dethrone Anthony Joshua by Diamonddris(m): 10:19am On Sep 04, 2020
davodyguy:

He can't see President Buhari

Lol
Re: Boxing: Efe Ajagba Vows To Dethrone Anthony Joshua by ednut1(m): 10:25am On Sep 04, 2020
A nobody already knocked him down lol
Re: Boxing: Efe Ajagba Vows To Dethrone Anthony Joshua by Dellorex(m): 10:36am On Sep 04, 2020
Akpu dey deceive this guy. well, abuga mugani.
Re: Boxing: Efe Ajagba Vows To Dethrone Anthony Joshua by Psalmy2cute(m): 10:36am On Sep 04, 2020
abramelin11:
cheesy if wishes were horses, beggers would??

For 5k, learn to build any kind of website with WP tools in just 2 days!

Chat/Call:> +234 814 565 8405

you registered yesterday and you already want to teach us how to build website for 5k.. give the insights of what you know here on nairaland on a separate thread.. only then we'll know you're for real
Re: Boxing: Efe Ajagba Vows To Dethrone Anthony Joshua by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 04, 2020
kayjay69:
You clearly no nothing about boxing but you know how to run your mouth very well.

Efe Ajagba is still a prospect, for him to have a chance he will need to come through the ranks and beat alot of very good fighters.

As for AJ running, WTF are you talking about? Again you know nothing about boxing. Go watch AJs fights and not just the last one alone. He had to stick and move around the ring with Ruiz because the fat mexican has fast hands. This was the tactic he should have resorted to in the first time they fought. You cannot knock everyone out, and if you can't it does not make you less of a fighter.

Why do you think Ali, widely regarded as the GOAT, was the stick and move kind of boxer? What differentiates a good from a great boxer is the ability to understand your strengths and use them to your advantage. AJ clearly still has a lot to learn but in my view he is the most exciting fighter to watch in this generation of very average fighters (and that includes him compared to the 60, 70, 80 and even 90s era boxers).
bhella10:
He's not even fought any heavy weight, here he is like a typical Nigerian wanting to chew more than he can swallow. Before you can get to fight Aj bros you will have to cross many crocodile infested bridges one of them is Povetkin, Dillian Bodysnatcher Whyte... The list goes on

1 Like

Re: Boxing: Efe Ajagba Vows To Dethrone Anthony Joshua by SmartyPants(m): 10:48am On Sep 04, 2020
bhella10:
He's not even fought any heavy weight, here he is like a typical Nigerian wanting to chew more than he can swallow. Before you can get to fight Aj bros you will have to cross many crocodile infested bridges one of them is Povetkin, Dillian Bodysnatcher Whyte... The list goes on

He was asked a question and he answered...do you expect him to turn into a praise singer?
Re: Boxing: Efe Ajagba Vows To Dethrone Anthony Joshua by SmartyPants(m): 10:49am On Sep 04, 2020
victorazyvictor:

No mind the iidiot. na his brother he wan fall. Africans have long way.

See mentality. It's obvious that Joshua is the champion and therefore a legitimate target for every ambitious boxer.
Re: Boxing: Efe Ajagba Vows To Dethrone Anthony Joshua by Goodnigga: 10:56am On Sep 04, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Ogbeni nor reason am o

fastest victory with a man who walked out of the ring to protest a bad contract. Fastest victory my ass

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boxing: Efe Ajagba Vows To Dethrone Anthony Joshua by Germi9: 11:05am On Sep 04, 2020
Efe wan dethrone him broda oooo
indeed ur enemy is from ur household
Re: Boxing: Efe Ajagba Vows To Dethrone Anthony Joshua by oluwaahmed: 11:06am On Sep 04, 2020
bhella10:

Hes looking for a Mcgregor/may weather cash out, so early in his career. Only 5KO and he's making noise.
Re: Boxing: Efe Ajagba Vows To Dethrone Anthony Joshua by victorazyvictor(m): 11:09am On Sep 04, 2020
SmartyPants:

See mentality. It's obvious that Joshua is the champion and therefore a legitimate target for every ambitious boxer.

See witch. Fury, Mayweather are not champions.

Enemy of progress "Village people" like u.
Always ready to pull their brother down.
Re: Boxing: Efe Ajagba Vows To Dethrone Anthony Joshua by SmartyPants(m): 11:13am On Sep 04, 2020
victorazyvictor:

See witch. Fury, Mayweather are not champions.

Enemy of progress "Village people" like u.
Always ready to pull their brother down.

No offense but you sound uneducated.

And for your education, Mayweather fights in the welterweight class. Ajagba fights in the heavyweight class.

If those terms confuse you, just know that this topic is beyond you.
Re: Boxing: Efe Ajagba Vows To Dethrone Anthony Joshua by SouthPaw24(m): 11:13am On Sep 04, 2020
Normally no be by mouth. But he's right about Joshua's jab. Efe Ajagba should work on his skills as well. He has the longest reach in boxing (tied with Tyson Fury) so he might stand a chance against Joshua. He should gain more experience and develop his skills. He's still at least two years away from beating Joshua.

But low-key na Andy Ruiz start this thing. When Joshua lost to him, he lost the reverence he had in the heavyweight division. Andy Ruiz showed that Joshua can be beaten. He exposed several weak points, one of which is his undeveloped jab. You'd notice how he employed the jab in the rematch, but he still looked very uncomfortable doing it.
Re: Boxing: Efe Ajagba Vows To Dethrone Anthony Joshua by victorazyvictor(m): 11:19am On Sep 04, 2020
SmartyPants:

No offense but you sound uneducated.

And for your education, Mayweather fights in the welterweight class. Ajagba fights in the heavyweight class.

If those terms confuse you, just know that this topic is beyond you.

Oga boxer take your education to ring.

Explain to me about Fury, or didn't I mention him? what class is he the wise educated one?
Re: Boxing: Efe Ajagba Vows To Dethrone Anthony Joshua by SouthPaw24(m): 11:20am On Sep 04, 2020
agabusta:

Which boxer of note has Ajagba dethroned? None. Aj has defeated Vladimir Klitschko, Joseph Parker, Alexander Povetkin and Whyte.

Only two names out there to be beaten in today's boxing heavyweight division and AJ has faced neither of them. When he does we would know how great he is.

He faced all these "great" guys but his biggest test till date was his rematch with Andy Ruiz. That should tell you something.
Re: Boxing: Efe Ajagba Vows To Dethrone Anthony Joshua by tarantino1: 11:22am On Sep 04, 2020
kayjay69:

Leave them
There think say boxing na street fight or brawling competition. That stuff is like chess.

He should watch Ali fights or Sugar ray Leonard's fight.

Imagine Ali brawling with Liston or SRL brawling with Hagler.
Re: Boxing: Efe Ajagba Vows To Dethrone Anthony Joshua by SmartyPants(m): 11:24am On Sep 04, 2020
victorazyvictor:

Oga boxer take your education to ring.

Explain to me about Fury, or didn't I mention him? what class is he the wise educated one?

Try to apply your brain.

These comments were provided in an interview, and in interview, you answer questions that are put to you. Clearly, he must have been asked specifically about Joshua.
Re: Boxing: Efe Ajagba Vows To Dethrone Anthony Joshua by tarantino1: 11:25am On Sep 04, 2020
SouthPaw24:

Only two names out there to be beaten in today's boxing heavyweight division and AJ has faced neither of them. When he does we would know how great he is.

He faced all these "great" guys but his biggest test till date was his rematch with Andy Ruiz. That should tell you something.

Wilder turned down 100 million to face AJ in England.

Fury and AJ will face each other next year. Na that one we wan watch
Re: Boxing: Efe Ajagba Vows To Dethrone Anthony Joshua by SouthPaw24(m): 11:26am On Sep 04, 2020
Noel19:
Efe Ajagba, Efe Ajagba....how many times did I call You?

You want to face Anthony Joshua?

Go and face Danièl Dubois, Joe Joyce and other heavyweight prospects like you before talking trash.

Anthony Joshua, though not a fan will run you through like a trailer. By the time you get hit with a 1, 2, 3 combinations and a body shot then you'll know that boxing is a sweet science sport.

I believe Efe can take Daniel Dubois and Joe Joyce. He has a very effective jab and he knows what he's saying. But he needs more experience. Daniel Dubois fights more like AJ but he's shorter. He will have serious problem with tall fighters that have a good jab and good feet. Joe Joyce is much more tactical, tho very slow but he's patient. If Efe has his game tight he will take them down.
Re: Boxing: Efe Ajagba Vows To Dethrone Anthony Joshua by SouthPaw24(m): 11:29am On Sep 04, 2020
Angelfrost:
Joshua is just overrated to me... I say this without bias.

If and when he drops Fury and Wilder within 6 to 10 rounds, maybe then will my perception change.

However, this Efe guy needs to hush up fast, and keep his head down. He is not anywhere near Joshua's quality.

You sabi.

AJ is skilled but he's overhyped. He has certain qualities and several flaws. When you compare him champions of previous eras, the difference is clear.
Re: Boxing: Efe Ajagba Vows To Dethrone Anthony Joshua by abysirius(m): 11:37am On Sep 04, 2020
Talk is cheap. Efe should first go past Whyte and Povetkin, then we can be talking about Joshua, Tyson and Deontay.
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Ogbeni nor reason am o

Re: Boxing: Efe Ajagba Vows To Dethrone Anthony Joshua by victorazyvictor(m): 11:39am On Sep 04, 2020
SmartyPants:

Try to apply your brain.

These comments were provided in an interview, and in interview, you answer questions that are put to you. Clearly, he must have been asked specifically about Joshua.

Bros!
Carry your witch, enemy of progress face front.

Direct your energy to something profitable and leave my lane.
Re: Boxing: Efe Ajagba Vows To Dethrone Anthony Joshua by SouthPaw24(m): 11:44am On Sep 04, 2020
tarantino1:

Wilder turned down 100 million to face AJ in England.

Fury and AJ will face each other next year. Na that one we wan watch

Na only God know wetin happen between Wilder and AJ because Wilder had a similar story.

Till AJ defeats Fury I can't consider his resume as anything tho I agree he has the best in heavyweight boxing rn. But he doesn't have Deontay Wilder on it. And he has a loss to Andy Ruiz. Fury has two bouts with Wilder and one with Klitschko and he remains undefeated.

Think about it my G.
Re: Boxing: Efe Ajagba Vows To Dethrone Anthony Joshua by tarantino1: 11:52am On Sep 04, 2020
SouthPaw24:

Na only God know wetin happen between Wilder and AJ because Wilder had a similar story.

Till AJ defeats Fury I can't consider his resume as anything tho I agree he has the best in heavyweight boxing rn. But he doesn't have Deontay Wilder on it. And he has a loss to Andy Ruiz. Fury has two bouts with Wilder and one with Klitschko and he remains undefeated.

Think about it my G.

Lol let's wait till next year.

It took me a while to really like AJ but I don like finish especially cos of how far he's come in such a Short time.

Fury turned pro same year AJ started learning boxing yet na their two names dey everybody mouth na.

Wilder Fury 3 is just going to be a walk in the park for Fury.

With a moniker like yours, do you box in the southpaw stance

1 Like

Re: Boxing: Efe Ajagba Vows To Dethrone Anthony Joshua by SouthPaw24(m): 12:02pm On Sep 04, 2020
tarantino1:

Lol let's wait till next year.

It took me a while to really like AJ but I don like finish especially cos of how far he's come in such a Short time.

Fury turned pro same year AJ started learning boxing yet na their two names dey everybody mouth na.

Wilder Fury 3 is just going to be a walk in the park for Fury.

With a moniker like yours, do you box in the southpaw stance

I liked Joshua in the beginning but began to beef him later. You can hardly find me supporting him in any argument but I try to be factual.

I'm still interested in seeing WilderFury 3 even though it looks like a walk in the park for the Gypsy King. I feel Wilder still has more to give boxing for a few more years and it will be the most important period in his career.

I don't box my G. I no get the mind. I know enough about the sport to stay away from practicing it. Like they say, "You can play every other sport, but you can't play boxing." Even the training is life threatening. Make I maintain my keyboard championship abeg.
Re: Boxing: Efe Ajagba Vows To Dethrone Anthony Joshua by tarantino1: 12:10pm On Sep 04, 2020
SouthPaw24:

I liked Joshua in the beginning but began to beef him later. You can hardly find me supporting him in any argument but I try to be factual.

I'm still interested in seeing WilderFury 3 even though it looks like a walk in the park for the Gypsy King. I feel Wilder still has more to give boxing for a few more years and it will be the most important period in his career.

I don't box my G. I no get the mind. I know enough about the sport to stay away from practicing it. Like they say, "You can play every other sport, but you can't play boxing." Even the training is life threatening. Make I maintain my keyboard championship abeg.

Lol

I'm entering the sport next year jare

Wan get like 20/25 amateur fights before moving on. Its something on my list I want to do then cross

Very interesting to watch. Want to see how it feels to be involved. The training na die sha
Re: Boxing: Efe Ajagba Vows To Dethrone Anthony Joshua by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 12:41pm On Sep 04, 2020
This one done dey make mouth. Joshua go soon break ur teeth

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Davido With World Cup Winning Eaglets / Qatar 2022 World Cup Draw On 1st April 2022 / The Official €222m Cheque Of Neymar's Transfer To PSG (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.