Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,332 members, 7,819,138 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

How Bayelsa Philanthropist Saved A Community From Erosion When Government Failed - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Bayelsa Philanthropist Saved A Community From Erosion When Government Failed (368 Views)

Anambra State Govt In Collaboration With World Bank Secures Nnewi From Erosion / How Gov Willie Obiano Saved Nnewi Community From Erosion Menace / How I Saved A Girl From Jungle Justice In Onitsha - Henry Ikenna Ugwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Bayelsa Philanthropist Saved A Community From Erosion When Government Failed by Tuetara(m): 12:16am On Sep 04, 2020
It was on October 2019 it happened, the people of Otuokpoti Community in Ogbia Local Government Area of Bayelsa State woke up to find out that Erosion was eating their community. It threw everyone into panic because the community had not witness such in more that 30 years, in fact, the last time it happened was when Late Milford Okilo was Governor of Old Rivers State and then it was handled.

An SOS message was sent to the State and Federal Government but until 2020 neither State or Federal Government did anything about it that was when Mr Jephther Yokorogha, a philanthropist and an Entrepreneur who hails from Otakeme in Ogbia Local Government of Bayelsa State stepped into help. By July 2020, he brought in a Dredger and other equipments to fill up the place.

On why he was touched to assist the community, in his words he said

"I heard of what happened to the community, I felt their pain so I decided to assist. I am a Bayelsan, it is the duty of Bayelsans to assist each other, that is the only way our state can grow. I met the Community king and told him I will assist, I brought the Equipment and started the work"

The paramount ruler of Otuokpoti community, HRH A.C.T Wongo noted that the intervention has brought relief to the people, describing the philanthropist as the second Melford Okilo.

(1) (Reply)

Chioma Has Been Denied US Visa 8 Times Due To Her Past Criminal Record- Kemi Olu / Cyms Paid Courtesy Visit To Minister Of Special Duties / Irregular Postpaid Arrears Migrations To Prepaid Accounts By Ikeja Electric

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.