Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,541 members, 7,812,684 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:33 PM

2023: Don’t Accept Pdp’s VP Slot, Igbo Youths Urge S’east Politicians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Don’t Accept Pdp’s VP Slot, Igbo Youths Urge S’east Politicians (854 Views)

2023: South-East Won’t Accept VP Slot, Igbo Leaders Warn / Abdulkadir Mohammed: We Accept PDP's Defeat With Dignity, Sportsmanship / Adams Oshiomhole: Pain Of Rigging An Election Is Hard To Accept - PDP, FFK React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Don’t Accept Pdp’s VP Slot, Igbo Youths Urge S’east Politicians by Islie: 9:10am On Sep 04, 2020
The Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth Council Worldwide yesterday, took a swipe at the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) over alleged plot to zone its vice presidential slot to the South-East geo-political zone.

The organisation, which described the plot as an insult to the sensibility of every Igbo, warned Igbo politicians to henceforth, desist from making frantic effort for the position of vice president under the platform of the party.

In a statement signed by the National President of OYC, Mazi Okechukwu Isiguzoro, and the Secretary General, Mazi Okwu Nnabuike, and made available to Leadership in Abakaliki said, “PDP must not insult the intelligence of the Igbo.

“If the PDP thinks the Igbo will wait till 2031 before it gets a chance at the presidential ticket of the party then the PDP isn’t just treacherous, it is delusional. Perhaps the PDP doesn’t need Igbo votes.

“The youths of Igbo land will not sit astride and watch the PDP field a candidate from the North and come to Igbo land to hoodwink people with sweetened gibberish.

“If the PDP tramples on equity and commonsense, and opts for a Northern candidate in 2023, then the PDP should forget about coming to Igbo land to seek votes in the 2023 presidential elections.”

LEADERSHIP

Lalasticlala

6 Likes

Re: 2023: Don’t Accept Pdp’s VP Slot, Igbo Youths Urge S’east Politicians by zakim(m): 9:11am On Sep 04, 2020
Politicians only interesting in their own personal gain...
Re: 2023: Don’t Accept Pdp’s VP Slot, Igbo Youths Urge S’east Politicians by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 04, 2020
smiley
Re: 2023: Don’t Accept Pdp’s VP Slot, Igbo Youths Urge S’east Politicians by SpecTTraP: 9:17am On Sep 04, 2020
zakim:
Politicians only interesting in their own personal gain...

Gbam!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 2023: Don’t Accept Pdp’s VP Slot, Igbo Youths Urge S’east Politicians by omenka(m): 9:23am On Sep 04, 2020
For President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, I know.

Anyone else, I don't.

EoD.

9 Likes

Re: 2023: Don’t Accept Pdp’s VP Slot, Igbo Youths Urge S’east Politicians by Nobody: 9:38am On Sep 04, 2020
Igbo abroad are more enlightened compared to the ones in Abakaliki.

If PDP will lose in 2023 they will lose doesn't matter a Fulani must be our president and Igbo vp to win an election
Re: 2023: Don’t Accept Pdp’s VP Slot, Igbo Youths Urge S’east Politicians by Nobody: 9:40am On Sep 04, 2020
omenka:
Anyone else, I don't.
EoD.
Have you ever heard of Tinubu his picture attached

1 Like

Re: 2023: Don’t Accept Pdp’s VP Slot, Igbo Youths Urge S’east Politicians by Vyzz: 9:41am On Sep 04, 2020
grin
Re: 2023: Don’t Accept Pdp’s VP Slot, Igbo Youths Urge S’east Politicians by flyingpig: 9:44am On Sep 04, 2020
I will personally organize a protest aimed to throw stones at any North/SE ticket that PDP will bring to Ebonyi state.

If it is not SE/North don't bother coming to campaign because even the VP candidate will be embarrassed, cursed, and seen as efulefu in this side should he accept such cheating.

Spits

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Don’t Accept Pdp’s VP Slot, Igbo Youths Urge S’east Politicians by Mistakemaker: 9:53am On Sep 04, 2020
I just hope that betrayer called Peter Obi wouldn't go at the back to collect the VP slot

Fear village shithole dwellers in anambra

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Don’t Accept Pdp’s VP Slot, Igbo Youths Urge S’east Politicians by flyingpig: 10:09am On Sep 04, 2020
Mistakemaker:
I just hope that betrayer called Peter Obi wouldn't go at the back to collect the VP slot

Fear village shithole dwellers in anambra
Obi is very capable of selling Ndigbo out to collect VP slot.

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Don’t Accept Pdp’s VP Slot, Igbo Youths Urge S’east Politicians by seunmsg(m): 10:13am On Sep 04, 2020
To be honest, I think SE should even be grateful if they get the VP slot of PDP. With the way Wike is going, Peter Obi may not be considered for the VP slot again in 2023.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Don’t Accept Pdp’s VP Slot, Igbo Youths Urge S’east Politicians by flyingpig: 10:15am On Sep 04, 2020
seunmsg:
To be honest, I think SE should even be grateful if they get the VP slot of PDP. With the way Wike is going, Peter Obi may not be considered for the VP slot again in 2023.
Wike will be cornered in the PDP convention to elect the NWC that will engineer the presidential primaries.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Don’t Accept Pdp’s VP Slot, Igbo Youths Urge S’east Politicians by seunmsg(m): 10:19am On Sep 04, 2020
flyingpig:
Wike will be cornered in the PDP convention to elect the NWC that will engineer the presidential primaries.

Let’s wait and see. 2023 is not 2019.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Don’t Accept Pdp’s VP Slot, Igbo Youths Urge S’east Politicians by tamdun: 10:37am On Sep 04, 2020
Pdp watching South East youths like..

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Don’t Accept Pdp’s VP Slot, Igbo Youths Urge S’east Politicians by duwdu: 11:05am On Sep 04, 2020
omenka:

Anyone else, I don't.

EoD.

Hmm, I think you're getting more strident on this your campaign for the Prof, and nothing wrong with that.

For me though, Prof Osinbajo's present political profile IS fleeting. In the real world of political play in Nigeria as a whole, the Prof, even as VP, remains an appendage to Mr. Tinubu. And quite frankly, Osinbajo will be the first one to not contest but support Bola Ahmed Tinubu IF or once Tinubu launches a bid towards 2023, IMHO.

People should not think they can just knock Osinbajo's head against that of Tinubu... that's not going to happen in the APC the way it stands at the moment. In any case, the Prof is quite honestly too pragmatic for that. I think one of his key roles at the moment, is to help stabilize the Buhari regime, especially w.r.t. the way the regime is perceived, rightly or wrongly, by a lot of the ordinary observers on one side of the religious divide, outside the government.

And by jove, Prof Osinbajo Is playing that role to perfection.

I'm just an observer of political power play in Nigeria, and not a card carrying member of any political party, anywhere. And I make bold to say that the APC establishment will even prefer to field Babatunde Fashola for president to — among other things — more readily garner the support of the core north, than field Osinbajo, in the unlikely event Tinubu is not fielded by the Southwest.

But hey, wetin I know sef? It's just my two Kobo!

Good luck, everyone.

P34c3
Re: 2023: Don’t Accept Pdp’s VP Slot, Igbo Youths Urge S’east Politicians by Maduawuchukwu(m): 11:10am On Sep 04, 2020
Trash!!! Come and stop them from collecting it nah. 2023 is likely a Nothern President with and Eastern vice. We move from there. Politics is the art of the possible.
Re: 2023: Don’t Accept Pdp’s VP Slot, Igbo Youths Urge S’east Politicians by Lamasta(m): 11:12am On Sep 04, 2020
This is the future of Nigeria, Professor Yemi Osinbajo every other aspirants should wait for their turn....

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Don’t Accept Pdp’s VP Slot, Igbo Youths Urge S’east Politicians by duwdu: 11:13am On Sep 04, 2020
seunmsg:

Hmm...this is plausible.

P34c3
Re: 2023: Don’t Accept Pdp’s VP Slot, Igbo Youths Urge S’east Politicians by duwdu: 11:16am On Sep 04, 2020
flyingpig:

Well, this is also plausible.

P34c3
Re: 2023: Don’t Accept Pdp’s VP Slot, Igbo Youths Urge S’east Politicians by Maduawuchukwu(m): 11:17am On Sep 04, 2020
flyingpig:
Obi is very capable of selling Ndigbo out to collect VP slot.

PDP is not going to give a politician from the East the Presidency ticket. That is going to be the surest way to lose the elections. APC is weak now and could lose the 2023 elections to PDP if the Opposition could get the NW,NE,SE and SS. But if a SE politician gets the ticket, PDP will win only the SE and SS. The NW and NE will go with the SW presidential candidate because they have had dealings with them since 2015 and are more comfortable with them.
When we say the SE can win the presidency in 2023, it is a matter of fact which is based on logic and not emotions. The SE political elite have been anonymous since 2015 that I will not be surprised if Wike or one of the SS guys wrestles the VP ticket. Be strategic and not emotional.
Re: 2023: Don’t Accept Pdp’s VP Slot, Igbo Youths Urge S’east Politicians by duwdu: 11:19am On Sep 04, 2020
abramelin11:
Half bread is better than full chin chin

gringringrin

P34c3
Re: 2023: Don’t Accept Pdp’s VP Slot, Igbo Youths Urge S’east Politicians by flyingpig: 11:35am On Sep 04, 2020
Maduawuchukwu:

[s]PDP is not going to give a politician from the East the Presidency ticket. That is going to be the surest way to lose the elections. APC is weak now and could lose the 2023 elections to PDP if the Opposition could get the NW,NE,SE and SS. But if a SE politician gets the ticket, PDP will win only the SE and SS. The NW and NE will go with the SW presidential candidate because they have had dealings with them since 2015 and are more comfortable with them.
When we say the SE can win the presidency in 2023, it is a matter of fact which is based on logic and not emotions. The SE political elite have been anonymous since 2015 that I will not be surprised if Wike or one of the SS guys wrestles the VP ticket. Be strategic and not emotional[/s].
Pile of dung
Re: 2023: Don’t Accept Pdp’s VP Slot, Igbo Youths Urge S’east Politicians by fulanimafia: 12:17pm On Sep 04, 2020
They'd better get their acts together and start building bridges.

Re: 2023: Don’t Accept Pdp’s VP Slot, Igbo Youths Urge S’east Politicians by hollah123: 12:17pm On Sep 04, 2020
Maduawuchukwu:

PDP is not going to give a politician from the East the Presidency ticket. That is going to be the surest way to lose the elections. APC is weak now and could lose the 2023 elections to PDP if the Opposition could get the NW,NE,SE and SS. But if a SE politician gets the ticket, PDP will win only the SE and SS. The NW and NE will go with the SW presidential candidate because they have had dealings with them since 2015 and are more comfortable with them.
When we say the SE can win the presidency in 2023, it is a matter of fact which is based on logic and not emotions. The SE political elite have been anonymous since 2015 that I will not be surprised if Wike or one of the SS guys wrestles the VP ticket. Be strategic and not emotional.
so it's true south east are afraid to face the south west cos they know for sure they are losing

1 Like

Re: 2023: Don’t Accept Pdp’s VP Slot, Igbo Youths Urge S’east Politicians by Islie: 8:21am On Sep 05, 2020
2023: Pick Northern candidate, forget Igbo votes – Ohanaeze tells PDP

https://thenationonlineng.net/2023-pick-northern-candidate-forget-igbo-votes-ohanaeze-tells-pdp/

Lalasticlala
Re: 2023: Don’t Accept Pdp’s VP Slot, Igbo Youths Urge S’east Politicians by helinues: 8:23am On Sep 05, 2020
Tah,

Second fiddle na generational position cheesy grin
Re: 2023: Don’t Accept Pdp’s VP Slot, Igbo Youths Urge S’east Politicians by helinues: 8:24am On Sep 05, 2020
Maduawuchukwu:

You guys should try and have some balls instead of hiding under others to fight what belongs to yours
Re: 2023: Don’t Accept Pdp’s VP Slot, Igbo Youths Urge S’east Politicians by IamWonderful: 8:28am On Sep 05, 2020
Hehehehehehehehehehehehe
Re: 2023: Don’t Accept Pdp’s VP Slot, Igbo Youths Urge S’east Politicians by RapLawd(m): 8:56am On Sep 05, 2020
omenka:

Anyone else, I don't.

EoD.
You are doomed!.at your age you still can't delete yourself from failures...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Edo 2020: Some Road Projects Executed By Gov.obaseki (pics) / ''I Warned Nigerians'' Ex Ekiti Gov. Fayose React To Buhari's Speech / Any Latest UK Sanction News?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.