Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,316 members, 7,826,260 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Farming / Agriculture In Nigeria- My Journey So Far - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Farming / Agriculture In Nigeria- My Journey So Far (564 Views)

Recap: My Journey So Far Into Maize Farming / Simple Farm Tools To Develop Agriculture In Nigeria / 6000 Direct Jobs To Be Created Through Agriculture In Osun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Farming / Agriculture In Nigeria- My Journey So Far by iykbethany(m): 10:35am On Sep 04, 2020
Few years ago I ventured into Agriculture for 3 main reasons:

1. To create jobs
2. To create wealth
3. Food security

I must admit that this has been my most challenging venture so far. I know nothing good comes easy but I didn't know farming / Agriculture is this challenging.

My dream is to have one of the biggest and most successful farms in Nigeria. Sounds impossible right?

Well I share similar vision with Reliance Industries founder, Dhirubhai Ambani, who died in 2002 and owns the world’s largest oil refinery with an aggregate capacity of 1.24 million barrels per day. The refinery complex is located at Jamnagar in Gujarat, India.

As a young man working as a petrol station attendant in Yemen in the 1950's, Mr. Ambani dreamed of someday owning his own oil empire, from drilling to refining to marketing. Let me repeat, he was just a filling station attendant but he dreamt of not even having his own filling station but OIL REFINERY. The man get liver sha. Its good to dream big.

Returning to India with $100 in his pocket, Mr. Ambani entered the textile business, then moved into the production of polyester and other chemicals needed for synthetic fabrics, becoming one of India's wealthiest tycoons.

He started the refinery construction in 1996 and commissioned it in 1999 I think.

At IykBethany Farms ( https://iykbethanygroup.com ) we've done the basics. Acquiring lands (almost 400 plots so far), carried out Due Diligence, surverys, research, Market Analysis and registering the company with CAC.

PS: Remember that I Design, Print and Brand. Kindly contact IykBethany Printing Houze for all your printing jobs: www.printinghouze.com/
Please tell your church, pastor, family and friends, we can deliver jobs to any location in Nigeria.

So back to the farm, I carried out some practicals and experiments as well. I've tried to document my journey so far which includes the challenges and mistakes I made, I wouldn't want anyone to make similar mistakes.

The reason I document some of these things is to inspire people, especially the youths.

Fashion and boutique business changed my life for good. I worked with a construction company, saved some money and opened a small boutique. I started buying from Onitsha, then Lagos. The Anambra importers I met in Onitsha and Lagos encouraged me to consider buying goods from Asia, that's how I started international trade.

I documented everything, my challenges, mistakes and experiences which I have used to help many people (male/female) to set up their own boutiques. I do these free of charge.

My documentary (mistakes, experiences and challenges) on international trade encouraged me to write this article On How To Import Goods From Vietnam (Shoes, Clothes, Bags, Fashion Accessories etc).

https://www.nairaland.com/2299535/info-all-those-want-travel

I had to document it on my blog as well:

https://iykbethanygistville.com/free-importation-guide-how-to-import-goods-from-vietnam-to-africa-clothes-shoes-tiles-eye-lashes-etc/

This is turkey import guide on how to import goods from turkey.
https://iykbethanygroup.com/how-to-import-goods-from-turkey-clothes-shoes-bags-furniture-steel-doors/

So back to the farm, we've harvested maize, cucumbers and cassava. Plantains and bananas will follow suit in few months time. Next year we will add livestock, Poultry, Fishery etc.

If things work according to plans our delicious and well packaged plantain chips and plantain flour will be in the market by october 2021 and so is our odorless fufu, garri, starch etc.
So far it's been very tough and challenging. I even wanted to quit but I'm not quitting because I'm passionate about this

I'm done with PHASE ONE, now moving to PHASE TWO which is to acquire the necessary skills, training and expertise in mechanized farming. I can't be farming with hoes and cutlass in 2020.
My birthday is next month, somebody should use a modern farming machine do birthday for me naaa wink wink.

This phase 2 will take me to 3 countries namely Indonesia, Israel and Vietnam where I will undergo the necessary trainings.

Everything I know today I learn from the internet, especially YouTube and the agric section of Nairaland and few other forums. Even the guy that planted all my bananas and plantains I met him on Nairaland. So Nairaland has been a blessing in disguise.

I am happy to share my experience with anyone who is interested to learn. Also, if you are an expert or you know one or two things about farming/agriculture please feel free to share with me, I'm open to new ideas and suggestions.

I will try to share updates from time to time.
My WhatsApp for important discussions
+44 7472 510168

BTW, IykBethany Farms Limited ( https://iykbethanyfarms.com ) is a member of the IykBethany Group of Companies ( www iykbethanygroup.com )

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Farming / Agriculture In Nigeria- My Journey So Far by iykbethany(m): 10:38am On Sep 04, 2020
My videos won't load.
Maybe I have to upload on YouTube first?

Re: Farming / Agriculture In Nigeria- My Journey So Far by ecomalchemist(m): 11:00am On Sep 04, 2020
This is awesome big bro, where is your farm situated as I'd love to undergo internship.

Operation Feed The Nation !!!

1 Like

Re: Farming / Agriculture In Nigeria- My Journey So Far by iykbethany(m): 11:02am On Sep 04, 2020
Videos still won't load.
Re: Farming / Agriculture In Nigeria- My Journey So Far by iykbethany(m): 11:05am On Sep 04, 2020
ecomalchemist:
This is awesome big bro, where is your farm situated as I'd love to undergo internship.

Operation Feed The Nation !!!

Umuagwo, Imo State. Where are you located?
Re: Farming / Agriculture In Nigeria- My Journey So Far by ecomalchemist(m): 11:52am On Sep 04, 2020
Lagos, Nigeria.
Re: Farming / Agriculture In Nigeria- My Journey So Far by iykbethany(m): 4:49am On Sep 10, 2020

1 Like

Re: Farming / Agriculture In Nigeria- My Journey So Far by ebubey(f): 6:54pm On May 22, 2021
iykbethany:

Umuagwo, Imo State. Where are you located?
Chai, my brother

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Cocoa Exportation (No Need For Capital) / Come, Let's Make Money Together / LOGISTICS SERVICE BY SURVIVAL POULTRY FARM SERVICES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.