Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,982 members, 7,835,292 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Teaching Career. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Teaching Career. (2266 Views)

Please Guys Help Me Sharpen My Teaching Career / Teaching Job Is Now Hot Cake In Nigeria(My Experience). / How Can I Get Myself Out Of This Teaching Career? Pls Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teaching Career. by noncy21: 10:04am On Feb 22, 2011
can s/b in house tell me factors dat influences students' choice of teaching as a career.tnx
Re: Teaching Career. by cheeka(f): 4:10pm On Feb 25, 2011
i luv teaching, pls i did need candid advice on which school to run my pgd on education so as to enable me go into the teaching profession proper.
Re: Teaching Career. by Dunddy(m): 7:11pm On Feb 26, 2011
guys, please help.
i need to write a scheme of work for teaching ICT but i have no idea. i have never taught before. besides, i did economics but only good at ICT.
please help, anyone.
Re: Teaching Career. by noncy21: 9:23pm On Feb 26, 2011
actually am running my pgde programme at unizik awka.i lv teaching dt was why i enrolled myself into it.
Re: Teaching Career. by alisabey: 1:01pm On Mar 08, 2011
You only get 1 chance to make the right first impression. Let the experts handle your career search: www.careerexperts.org
Re: Teaching Career. by saintpaulo: 10:05am On Mar 11, 2011
noncy 21

Factors that influence choice of teaching as a career:
1. Passion for informing and influencing people
2. Love for young people
3. Desire to help others become their best
4. Love of talking sense

Cheeka

Where to run your PGDE is dependent on:
1. Where you live. Most Nigerian Universities who have Faculty of education also have PGDE programs.
2. Your time and nature of current employment. There are universities that run part time PGDE programs in Nigeria and the part time could be week end or summer holidays. This is always suitable for busy people and the summer break program is very good for people who are already in the teaching profession.
3. The National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) runs the PGDE their program is very flexible as you may not need to attend lectures. all you need to do is get your course materials after paying your school fees and then sit for examinations.

Dunddy

Writing a scheme of work is dependent on the type of curriculum you are treating, the school and the state you are working. for example, Lagos state operates a unified scheme, especially for secondary schools and all you need to do is adapt that into your program for the term/session.

If you are in a private school, most of them already have their structures but if your school does not then the unified scheme could be helpful. You may need to tell your school to get one or you look for a way to buy one for yourself. It may also be a good idea to liaise with teachers from other schools through some of your colleagues or any way possible to see how they are going about it.

If you run an international curriculum then you can get necessary information online depending on the nature of the curriculum.
Re: Teaching Career. by chinene1(f): 6:50pm On Mar 11, 2011
I also love teaching and doing it at present at secondary school level. My ambition is to become a lecturer in any good higher institution but dont know how to go about it. I have a good Bsc from the faculty of natural science. Any advice?
Re: Teaching Career. by chamber2(m): 4:38pm On Mar 14, 2011
guys, please help.
i need to write a [b]scheme of work [/b]for teaching ICT but i have no idea. i have never taught before. besides, i did economics but only good at ICT.
please help, anyone

As someone pointed out,the scheme of work is provided by the respective state governments.Its like the syllables specifying what students are expected to learn and the methods in which it is expected to be taught.I think your school should have a copy or you could get that from the book shop.

My guess is that you wanted information on how to write a lesson plan,if i am right,then the steps are below:

Name of Subject:, Economics

Duration, 2wks

Topic, Factors affecting demand

previous knowledge, (have the students any previous knowledge of the subject matter?)

Teaching Aids, List them

Objectives, (what you expect the students to have learnt at the end of the lesson)

Content, things u want to cover in the lesson

Presentation, Approaches to delivering the lesson
step1.introduction of the lesson
step2.ask the pupils questions etc
step3.evaluation, the steps continuous depending on what you want

Evaluation, how would want to assess the students?state them here.

Assignments,

Conclusion,

The above are the few things i can still remember.I did a Bsc (ed) but v left the education sector into finance,so i might not be 100% correct in the above presentation.

(1) (Reply)

Can I Teach With My O Level (waec Or Neco ) Or Gce Certificate. / For Ur Borehole And General Plumbing Services / Engineering, Piping & Process Training In Lagos( Training Schedule)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.