Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,493 members, 7,830,491 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

How A Facebook User Tackle A Girl Who Was Trash Talking Nollywood - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / How A Facebook User Tackle A Girl Who Was Trash Talking Nollywood (221 Views)

BBNaija: Housemates Plot Ilebaye’s Disqualification, Trash Her Belongings / BBNAIJA: Mercy Calls Frodd And Omashola Trash Team As She Supports Mike's Action / BBNaija: Is Frodd A Gay? — Facebook User (See Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A Facebook User Tackle A Girl Who Was Trash Talking Nollywood by DwiseBoi(m): 5:01pm On Sep 04, 2020
Someone asked me how many Nigerian actors can survive in Hollywood, I asked her how many American actors can survive in Nollywood. Una dey always look this matter one side, try look am from another angle nah. The same person (a female) spent the whole day bad mouthing Nollywood movie; at first, I said I'd mind my business since I'm not the one she's talking to, she was talking with these three other guys. But it got to a point I had to ask her a question. "Aunty no vex, have you watched Figurine?" "No" "October 1 nko?" "No" "Isoken?" "No" "God Calling?" "No" "What of King of Boys?" "No" "1976 nko?" "No" "Ehee, this one dey very popular when e come out, Wedding Party nko?" "No" "So how the hell are you able to be so good in criticising Nollywood movies when you've not even watched any of them?" She start mumbling what I couldn't understand. That was when I now decided to use that opportunity to chuuk mouth inside the matter. At first she was talking to me like I was one mumu like that who has never watched any American movie before, so I played along to know her level, cos I'm the kinda person that enjoys playing the fool in order to psyche people so I can know their level. Most of una dey always brag with "I only watch American movies, I can never watch a Nigerian movie cos they are all trash" Ngwanu mention one excellent American movie, she will now say "Extraction" Once una download one or two B-level American movies from netnaija.co, una go think say una be movie head, oshey Egbeda Steven Spielberg I no blame una. Inferiority complex no good sha. I'm not saying every Nollywood movie is bad, but I'm also not saying every Hollywood movie is good. And most especially, no one is saying you can't watch the two.
STOP TRASH TALKING NOLLYWOOD
Re: How A Facebook User Tackle A Girl Who Was Trash Talking Nollywood by angelEmade: 5:35pm On Sep 04, 2020
Sorry OP but there is a tone of pride in your words.
...let's call a spade a spade. Hollywood is far ahead of Nollywood and it is never about inferiority complex. Infact...trying to state otherwise would be more of inferiority complex than you have actually alleged.
Those Nollywood movies you mentioned are good...but if Nollywood or Africans as a whole should be making good movies, then they need to start making something like black panther. Rich in culture...technology and animations combined.
No one has to see everything to know what is good and what is floored. A glimpse is usually as good as an eye bath especially in the movie industry.
It is good to emulate good and great things and even you will agree with me that those A-list Nollywood movies you mentioned have actors that are trying to imitate their western counterparts in speech, action and acts.
Shalom

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How A Facebook User Tackle A Girl Who Was Trash Talking Nollywood by Salmoneus(m): 7:11pm On Sep 04, 2020
angelEmade:
Sorry OP but there is a tone of pride in your words.

This is what is killing Nollywood, everybody claims to be an expert in every field, how can you grow when you know it all? I'm a huge Nollywood fan but I know we have a long way to go and can't even begin to compare with Hollywood, to show you how bad it is, the OP mentioned King of boys as a good film... grin grin
Re: How A Facebook User Tackle A Girl Who Was Trash Talking Nollywood by angelEmade: 7:25pm On Sep 04, 2020
Salmoneus:

This is what is killing Nollywood, everybody claims to be an expert in every field, how can you grow when you know it all? I'm a huge Nollywood fan but I know we have a long way to go and can't even begin to compare with Hollywood, to show you how bad it is, the OP mentioned King of boys as a good film... grin grin
Thank you sir...exactly my point!
OP shouldn't be so rigid in his resolve...
Those films don't even compare.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Bbnaija: How I Become A Billionaire, Terry Waya Tells His Success Story / Global Bulletin: Netflix Doubles Down In Nigeria, Scooping Four New Originals / Bbnaija:see How Davido, Teni, Broda Shaggi & Others Reacted To Laycon’s Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.