Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,475 members, 7,823,106 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Am I Dealing With Scammers Or Genuine People. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Am I Dealing With Scammers Or Genuine People. (1353 Views)

Out Of 12m Vehicles In Nigeria, Only 2.5m Have Genuine Insurance / Airpeace Warned Against Scammers Collecting ₦363k For Free Flight From S.Africa / Your Rights When Dealing With A FRSC Official In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Dealing With Scammers Or Genuine People. by AkaweEmmanuel: 9:35pm On Sep 04, 2020
Who has ever heard of Kier construction ltd in UK?
The company after a procedure of questionnaire and other forms filling, gave me an employment and invitation letter to come over to UK and work with them. I have included it in.
They sent me a mail to forward my passport and other details to JULI for visa and other documents processing.
that they have paid for every thing except delivery money.

I have followed up with the visa procedure, they asked me to renew my passport cause it expired, I renewed it at immigration office in abuja here.

What is the problem, 1, this visa processing is done in uk. they now request for 500 pounds for delivery. I know not if this is a scam or true. please do find attached the mails i got from them.
where do i comfirm this?
Re: Am I Dealing With Scammers Or Genuine People. by izzou(m): 9:38pm On Sep 04, 2020
grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Dealing With Scammers Or Genuine People. by BlueOrange: 9:39pm On Sep 04, 2020
Scam

1 Like

Re: Am I Dealing With Scammers Or Genuine People. by Beblessedbaba: 9:52pm On Sep 04, 2020
Not a small scam but a nominal normal scam things

1 Like

Re: Am I Dealing With Scammers Or Genuine People. by DannyJ19(m): 9:53pm On Sep 04, 2020
Party Scatter cool
Re: Am I Dealing With Scammers Or Genuine People. by adeleye2012: 10:25pm On Sep 04, 2020
Abobi run for your life. scam of the highest order

1 Like

Re: Am I Dealing With Scammers Or Genuine People. by AkaweEmmanuel: 10:28pm On Sep 04, 2020
I am just confused because the company is recruiting.
Re: Am I Dealing With Scammers Or Genuine People. by Nobody: 10:37pm On Sep 04, 2020
Remove your shoes, put it under your armpit and run as fast as your bare legs can carry you.
The real company might be recruiting but someone in naija is cashing in on it.
Why will a company that paid for everything be requesting 500pounds? Think am now.

I almost fell for this same format last month but along the way I paused and did some digging.
Las Las na curse we curse ourselves cos their bubble burst.

6 Likes

Re: Am I Dealing With Scammers Or Genuine People. by Nobody: 10:38pm On Sep 04, 2020
izzou:
grin grin grin
izzou be warned.
Why you dey laugh naw? Abi the matter don pass advice stage?
Re: Am I Dealing With Scammers Or Genuine People. by longetivity(m): 10:39pm On Sep 04, 2020
brother get sense

3 Likes

Re: Am I Dealing With Scammers Or Genuine People. by ShenTeh(m): 10:40pm On Sep 04, 2020
Thank God you paused to inquire from others.

The first rule of scam is: If it smells like scam fish it is a scam fish.
The moment you think it is a fraud is your opportunity to escape.

Why will a company do everything for you and request for courier fees. Worst case, tell them you cant afford that fee now and see how you will draw them out.

Again, baba, na scam.

5 Likes

Re: Am I Dealing With Scammers Or Genuine People. by visiondee(m): 10:43pm On Sep 04, 2020
egungun be careful na express you dey go....

2 Likes

Re: Am I Dealing With Scammers Or Genuine People. by Enskynelson(m): 11:18pm On Sep 04, 2020
S C A M.
Re: Am I Dealing With Scammers Or Genuine People. by Ishilove: 4:17am On Sep 05, 2020
It's pretty much self evident.
Re: Am I Dealing With Scammers Or Genuine People. by Nobody: 4:25am On Sep 05, 2020
Cheap scam
Re: Am I Dealing With Scammers Or Genuine People. by Nobody: 6:14am On Sep 05, 2020
First, figure out why Hushpuppy was arrested..
-Employment scam..!
Re: Am I Dealing With Scammers Or Genuine People. by AkaweEmmanuel: 2:25pm On Sep 05, 2020
ShenTeh:
Thank God you paused to inquire from others.

The first rule of scam is: If it smells like scam fish it is a scam fish.
The moment you think it is a fraud is your opportunity to escape.

Why will a company do everything for you and request for courier fees. Worst case, tell them you cant afford that fee now and see how you will draw them out.

Again, baba, na scam.

i sent them a mail that i do not have that money.
below is their responz

DEAR AKAWE EMMANUEL, Your mail is well
received and I personally spoke to the head of
immigration agency to accept 300GBP from you
after considering your message. The policy
started because of the COVID-19, so none of the
diplomats wants to travel to Africa. I advise you
therefore to raise the amount and send as
directed..
Regards, Mrs. Catherine Jackson.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I Dealing With Scammers Or Genuine People. by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 05, 2020
AkaweEmmanuel:

below is their responz

directed..
lol. These guys are probably in oshodi

6 Likes

Re: Am I Dealing With Scammers Or Genuine People. by Odingo1: 4:38pm On Sep 05, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheap Scam, these guys dey Naija with you. grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Am I Dealing With Scammers Or Genuine People. by davillian(m): 6:02pm On Sep 05, 2020
Premium tears loading

1 Like

Re: Am I Dealing With Scammers Or Genuine People. by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:16pm On Sep 05, 2020
Getting a UK work visa is extremely difficult if you aren't in IT or healthcare. It's not a walk in the park. Run away.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Dealing With Scammers Or Genuine People. by naxee9294: 12:16pm On Sep 09, 2020
southniyikaye:
Remove your shoes, put it under your armpit and run as fast as your bare legs can carry you.
Why will a company that paid for everything be requesting 500pounds? Think am now.

I almost fell for this same format last month but along the way I paused and did some digging.
grin
southniyikaye:

Re: Am I Dealing With Scammers Or Genuine People. by Saintsquare(m): 12:43pm On Sep 09, 2020
AkaweEmmanuel:

below is their responz

directed..
lol this definitely solves it, they are desperate for any amount, hence the reason for 200 removal. Oga boss run o
Re: Am I Dealing With Scammers Or Genuine People. by hustla(m): 1:06pm On Sep 09, 2020
AkaweEmmanuel:

Scammmmmm japaaaa
Re: Am I Dealing With Scammers Or Genuine People. by Stephenmoka4(m): 4:50pm On Sep 09, 2020
Paid for everything except, delivery. It's obvious, isn't it.
Re: Am I Dealing With Scammers Or Genuine People. by managingpartner(f): 10:02pm On Sep 09, 2020
This is purely scam. I got a mail sometime last year with the same format, but the useless guys said it was a training in the US, that everything has been taking care of, that the only thing left is for me to pay for my hotel reservation. I knew it was a scam but i decided to tag along.

I asked them for details, they provided one of their account details and told me to pay into the account.

I asked them why should i pay into that account and not pay when i get there. Na so dem begin dey insult their generations with their bad English.

We need to be more careful peeps.
Re: Am I Dealing With Scammers Or Genuine People. by Saintinoo(m): 10:22pm On Sep 09, 2020
AkaweEmmanuel:
What do you want to hear again? Go ahead and send them money na, that method is even outdated, i wonder why those guys are still using it.

It's been two years since one chatted my sister that they own the company build US - Mexico wall for Trump.

Better carry your money go play Bet9ja if you don't know what to use it for.
Re: Am I Dealing With Scammers Or Genuine People. by feelgoodstuffs(m): 11:11pm On Sep 09, 2020
Rule Number 1. Never expect anything to come easy

In this 21st century if you fall for this, then...

........You’re a mumu man.

(1) (Reply)

How Is Life In Syria / Can U Share Ur Experience On Life In South Africa? View Pls / Uk Visa Refusal On D Basis Of Forgery: What To Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.