Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,089 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

EDO 2020;BBC Debate: Ize-iyamu Is Arrogant, Intolerant - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EDO 2020;BBC Debate: Ize-iyamu Is Arrogant, Intolerant (2282 Views)

Saraki Is Arrogant, Corrupt, Won’t Pay Workers’ Salaries If Elected - Kperogi / Ondo Election: Agboola Ajayi Shuns BBC Debate / Edo 2020 Debate: Ize-Iyamu Rattles Obaseki On Performance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EDO 2020;BBC Debate: Ize-iyamu Is Arrogant, Intolerant by EVANPANA(m): 10:56pm On Sep 04, 2020
BBC Debate: Ize-Iyamu is arrogant, intolerant – Osagie

Special Adviser to Edo State Governor on Media and Communication Strategy, Crusoe Osagie, has said that the candidate of the All Progressives Progress (APC), Osagie Ize-Iyamu, has once again demonstrated that he does not have the right temperament to govern Edo State.

Osagie said this in a statement issued on Friday night in Benin City, the state capital.

According to him, “The APC candidate displayed a high level of arrogance when he refused to debate with the Edo State Deputy Governor, Rt Hon. Comrade Philip Shaibu, who was asked to stand in for Governor Godwin Obaseki, during the BBC Pidgin English Debate programme broadcast on Friday night.”

The Governor’s aide explained that “Governor Obaseki started the debate with the other participants, but notified the moderator of the programme that he would not be available for the whole session of the programme, as he needed to urgently attend to an important issue of state.

“One would have expected that the APC candidate who is aspiring to occupy the exalted seat of Governor of Edo State, would accept the honest excuse given by the governor and continue the debate with the deputy governor.

“But he exhibited his arrogance before a global audience and started throwing tantrums, behaviours unbefitting of someone campaigning to be the Governor of a state.”

“Edo people know that Governor Obaseki has tremendous respect for Edo people as he has granted similar interviews on several platforms in the last two months, including those organized by individuals via online platforms,” he added.

1 Like

Re: EDO 2020;BBC Debate: Ize-iyamu Is Arrogant, Intolerant by AllTheWayUp: 10:57pm On Sep 04, 2020
Ize iyamu the acid man ran away

6 Likes

Re: EDO 2020;BBC Debate: Ize-iyamu Is Arrogant, Intolerant by SLAP44: 10:57pm On Sep 04, 2020
Re: EDO 2020;BBC Debate: Ize-iyamu Is Arrogant, Intolerant by MajesticKris: 10:59pm On Sep 04, 2020
No leave no transfer....

1 Like

Re: EDO 2020;BBC Debate: Ize-iyamu Is Arrogant, Intolerant by Munieer(m): 11:30pm On Sep 04, 2020
baba why u cum dy run na

2 Likes

Re: EDO 2020;BBC Debate: Ize-iyamu Is Arrogant, Intolerant by Aladdin1(m): 1:10am On Sep 05, 2020
So stupid. so he should stay and debate with the deputy when the governor is not dead? why did obaseki run away? was he having automatic jedijedi? nonsense and ingredient.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EDO 2020;BBC Debate: Ize-iyamu Is Arrogant, Intolerant by daddytime(m): 6:00am On Sep 05, 2020
Wetin this guy go use that short tailor eye see for all the humiliation ehn?

1 Like

Re: EDO 2020;BBC Debate: Ize-iyamu Is Arrogant, Intolerant by Nobody: 6:38am On Sep 05, 2020
Aladdin1:
So stupid. so he should stay and debate with the deputy when the governor is not dead? why did obaseki run away? was he having automatic jedijedi? nonsense and ingredient.

If only Buharis came for debate... Nigerians would have seen what he is made off, now you are here supporting another to avoid debates..

Dont you folks learn?..

4 Likes

Re: EDO 2020;BBC Debate: Ize-iyamu Is Arrogant, Intolerant by anonimi: 6:45am On Sep 05, 2020
AllTheWayUp:
Ize iyamu the acid man ran away

grin cheesy

No mind the thief thief cultist.
He did not want to be expelled from the debate, as he was expelled from UNIBEN.
What a scallywag nincompoop.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EDO 2020;BBC Debate: Ize-iyamu Is Arrogant, Intolerant by anonimi: 6:52am On Sep 05, 2020
Munieer:
baba why u cum dy run na

If na you dem want open your nyansh for public as an acid throwing cultist and thief, who is being packaged as pastor Iya mumu by the wannabe godfather coNrade Oshi-omo-Ole you no go run?
The fake pastor is wise to have run away.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11720358_fbimg15919816072656135_jpeg594b180e38f64950e93325bba350834b

RuudVanNisteroy:
Adams Oshiomhole told the world that Ize Iyamu was a cultist who was rusticated after he deformed another student by pouring acid on him and also a thief who looted the state dry when he was Secretary to the State Government, under convicted thief Lucky Igbinedion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CtejWrAWNM

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12060812_74438269e05545dda3ffd67c00807429_jpeg_jpeg6b3dfb7e87ba642c9d1d76e4a6c2c3c2

dre11:
FLASHBACK: Oshiomhole once wanted building named after Obaseki for ‘selfless service’

Adams Oshiomhole, national chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), once said Godwin Obaseki, governor of Edo, worked for the state using his brain and creativity.

Oshiomhole, who praised the governor during the governorship campaign of 2016, said a building at the government house should be named after Obaseki for his selfless service.

Oshiomhole said while he was governor of Edo, Obaseki helped him build the economy team of the state with his network.

“I know my limit. He knows his limit. Godwin Obaseki has worked for seven and half years for the people of Edo state, using his brain, creativity, quietly, not making noise,” Oshiomhole said.

“He sits in the office of the economic team which he built using his network of friends inside the heart of government house without demanding one naira.

“A man like that who will not ask me to give him contracts, but will promise me, comrade, you just do the thinking, we will create the means to actualise your thoughts. And to his credit today, check the books of Edo state, we did not build new structures in government house with government money. That economic team office was built through Godwin’s network. Today, it remains a permanent asset of the state government.

“I want us to be calling that building Godwin Obaseki building. I don’t see your opponent Ize-Iyamu being able to say that. In 2007, check the records, Ize-Iyamu was hiding from EFCC. He didn’t not vote. How can somebody who didn’t vote claim that he made me.

“If you have to look at Godwin and his credentials and you look at a man whose only work, by his CV, was a student and rusticated for two years, he read law but he is not a barrister. That is his foundation. I never gave him government job. Lucky Igbinedion’s mother was reported to have slapped Ize-Iyamu for misleading her son. He tried it with me, but we kept him away. Nothing near government circle. No access to public funds.

“Look at the road to his house, in our books, was dual carriage way. They took the money, constructed the road to his house and stopped. Although we have liquidated the godfathers politically, the entire political family will be liquidated.”

https://www.thecable.ng/flashback-oshiomhole-once-wanted-building-named-after-obaseki-for-selfless-service

2 Likes

Re: EDO 2020;BBC Debate: Ize-iyamu Is Arrogant, Intolerant by Judeerons32: 7:17am On Sep 05, 2020
Unserious govt. Is Shuaibu contesting for governor? Was it not a governorship debate? It just exposes how inept Obaseki is and who is actually in charge. Shameless govt.

5 Likes

Re: EDO 2020;BBC Debate: Ize-iyamu Is Arrogant, Intolerant by seanfer(m): 7:24am On Sep 05, 2020
This shows that Obaseki is afraid of telling the Edo people his achievements in 4 years. This is the second debate he refused to show up for.

6 Likes

Re: EDO 2020;BBC Debate: Ize-iyamu Is Arrogant, Intolerant by Ajebaba(m): 7:29am On Sep 05, 2020
Why would he debate against a deputy governor when the governor is in town? Why didn’t obaseki speak at the debate by himself and let the deputy represent him at the other assignment that’s so important? He should have used the opportunity to showcase his intelligence and sell his candidacy to the world instead he chickened out.

5 Likes

Re: EDO 2020;BBC Debate: Ize-iyamu Is Arrogant, Intolerant by IamWonderful: 7:33am On Sep 05, 2020
What madness is that, Ize-iyamu debate with deputy governor,
Re: EDO 2020;BBC Debate: Ize-iyamu Is Arrogant, Intolerant by TheChameleon: 7:58am On Sep 05, 2020
Aladdin1:

Obaseki ran away because his head is empty.

2 Likes

Re: EDO 2020;BBC Debate: Ize-iyamu Is Arrogant, Intolerant by TheChameleon: 8:01am On Sep 05, 2020
Esseite:

If only Buharis came for debate... Nigerians would have seen what he is made off, now you are here supporting another to avoid debates..

Dont you folks learn?..

So because Buhari ran.... it's okay for Obaseki to run?

I know you're not intelligent enough to understand this, but :

It's wrong for either Buhari or Obaseki to run from a debate.

Only a very foolish person wouldn't understand this. No wonder Nigeria is a mess with people like you around.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EDO 2020;BBC Debate: Ize-iyamu Is Arrogant, Intolerant by Nobody: 8:05am On Sep 05, 2020
Obaseki is nyamirris he can't even speak Benin that's why he married nyamirri wife.

He needs to leave

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EDO 2020;BBC Debate: Ize-iyamu Is Arrogant, Intolerant by Nobody: 9:14am On Sep 05, 2020
TheChameleon:

So because Buhari ran.... it's okay for Obaseki to run?

I know you're not intelligent enough to understand this, but :

It's wrong for either Buhari or Obaseki to run from a debate.

Only a very foolish person wouldn't understand this. No wonder Nigeria is a mess with people like you around.

Please read to understand... you claim to be intelligent, yet can understand a simple comment, but very quick to insult.., ize iyamu should not run from a debate is my stand, Obaseki has been going for debates and made it known in same article that he may not be there for all being a Governor..
Re: EDO 2020;BBC Debate: Ize-iyamu Is Arrogant, Intolerant by TheChameleon: 9:19am On Sep 05, 2020
Esseite:

Please read to understand... you claim to be intelligent, yet can understand a simple comment, but very quick to insult.., ize iyamu should not run from a debate is my stand.

A very simple article that you didn't understand.

Let me break it down to kindergarten level.

2 Gubernatorial candidates were to debate....

Scene 1 : A. ran away delegating it to his deputy.

Scene 2 : B. refused to debate with A's deputy after all it's A vs B and not B vs A's deputy.

Only an unintelligent person wouldn't know that A started the whole issue by running away.

A = Obaseki.... B = Ize Iyamu in case you still didn't pick that.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EDO 2020;BBC Debate: Ize-iyamu Is Arrogant, Intolerant by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 05, 2020
TheChameleon:

Scene 2 : B. refused to debate with A's deputy after all it's A vs B and not B vs A's deputy.

Only an unintelligent person wouldn't know that A started the whole issue by running away.

Oh my God... read the article now... how hard is it.. here is a picture attached, you cant be empty and be grandstanding.. o wrong nau, he was there for the debate but left for an important meeting, while telling his deputy to substitute.. what is here not to understand.

I expect an intelligent question to be "why did Ize-Iyamu refuse to continue debate with the deputy"?.. since it's an avenue to showcase what he has got to give..

The Governor’s aide explained that “Governor Obaseki started the debate with the other participants, but notified the moderator of the programme that he would not be available for the whole session of the programme, as he needed to urgently attend to an important issue of state.

Re: EDO 2020;BBC Debate: Ize-iyamu Is Arrogant, Intolerant by Nobody: 9:29am On Sep 05, 2020
TheChameleon:

Intelligence is far from you.

The governor and his deputy are they don't pursuing one agenda?

Ok! Why didn't the other man bring his deputy to debate with the others deputy? Abi his own deputy is dumb?

From your reasoning, a governor has a different goal from his deputy?

So much for the leaders of tomorrow.
Re: EDO 2020;BBC Debate: Ize-iyamu Is Arrogant, Intolerant by TheChameleon: 9:30am On Sep 05, 2020
Esseite:

Oh my God... read the article now... how hard is it.. here is a picture attached, you cant be empty and be grandstanding.. o wrong nau, he was there for the debate but left and told his deputy to substitute..

From your own screenshot... he left at the beginning.... that's practically like not participating at all.

A 3 year old kid would understand that easily.

If Trump excuses himself and asks Pence to represent him vs Biden in PRESIDENTIAL debate... what would Americans say ?

Trump arguably has the most important job in the world, yet he dares not "attend to something important/urgent " in the middle of a debate.

I am slightly pro APC and I feel Kadaria was pro APC but she was right when she cut Osinbajo short to allow Buhari to speak.

Anyone who still doesn't understand this urgently needs a brain transplant even if it is a fairly used one.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EDO 2020;BBC Debate: Ize-iyamu Is Arrogant, Intolerant by TheChameleon: 9:33am On Sep 05, 2020
soulpeppersoup:

soulpeppersoup to his useless father:

Intelligence is far from you.

The governor and his deputy are they don't pursuing one agenda?

Ok! Why didn't the other man bring his deputy to debate with the others deputy? Abi his own deputy is dumb?

From your reasoning, a governor has a different goal from his deputy?

So much for the leaders of tomorrow.

Using a 2nd moniker wouldn't save you from the schooling. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EDO 2020;BBC Debate: Ize-iyamu Is Arrogant, Intolerant by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 05, 2020
TheChameleon:

From your own screenshot... he left at the beginning.... that's practically like not participating at all.

If Trump excuses himself and asks Pence to represent him vs Biden in PRESIDENTIAL debate... what would Americans say ?

I am slightly pro APC and I feel Kadaria was pro APC but she was right when she cut Osinbajo short to allow Buhari to speak.

Anyone who still doesn't understand this urgently needs a brain transplant if it is a fairly used one.

I really dont get you seriously... it's obvious Ize-Iyamu came for a fight rather than Governance, it's a second term for Obaseki, his deputy has all the facts while he attended to other pressing needs, but for Ize iyamu... it's an opportunity to showcase, but because he came for a fight, which he did not get.. all his plans shattered since he never came to showcase anything.. it's very obvious.
Re: EDO 2020;BBC Debate: Ize-iyamu Is Arrogant, Intolerant by TheChameleon: 9:37am On Sep 05, 2020
Esseite:

I really dont get you seriously... it's obvious Ize-Iyamu came for a fight rather than Governance, it's a second term for Obaseki, his deputy has all the facts while he attended to other pressing needs, but for Ize iyamu... it's an opportunity to showcase, but because he came for a fight, which he did not get.. all his plans shattered since he never came to showcase anything.. it's very obvious.

Ize Iyamu came for a debate...

I didn't see where they mentioned boxing gloves or guns there.

Read it again slowly or get someone to read it for you.

It's also an opportunity for Obaseki to show he's not as lightweight as he's being accused of.

Most incumbent PRESIDENTS in Nigeria have ran away from debates and it's because they have nothing to offer.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EDO 2020;BBC Debate: Ize-iyamu Is Arrogant, Intolerant by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 05, 2020
TheChameleon:

Using a 2nd moniker wouldn't save you from the schooling. grin

I blame you? You think foolishness run in everyone as it run in you?

I only come online to make comment when I see the like of you show a level of intelligence that is below that of a homo erectus on this platform.
Re: EDO 2020;BBC Debate: Ize-iyamu Is Arrogant, Intolerant by TheChameleon: 9:41am On Sep 05, 2020
soulpeppersoup:

soulpeppersoup to his foolish father:

I blame you? You think foolishness run in everyone as it run in you?

I only come online to make comment when I see the like of you show a level of intelligence that is below that of a homo erectus on this platform.

Eyah. I sympathise with you. You were thoroughly disgraced. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EDO 2020;BBC Debate: Ize-iyamu Is Arrogant, Intolerant by Nobody: 9:42am On Sep 05, 2020
TheChameleon:

Trump arguably has the most important job in the world, yet he dares not "attend to something important/urgent " in the middle of a debate.

Anyone who still doesn't understand this urgently needs a brain transplant if it is a fairly used one.

HE HAD AN IMPORTANT PRESSING NEED TO ATTEND TO.. he delegated it to his deputy to continue, your APC could have scored a point continuing the debate, but because Ize has nothing to offer rather than attacks.. he obviously became speechless..

I dont know how else to explain this to you... I have tried.
Re: EDO 2020;BBC Debate: Ize-iyamu Is Arrogant, Intolerant by Nobody: 9:42am On Sep 05, 2020
TheChameleon:

Eyah. I sympathise with you. You were thoroughly disgraced. grin

Excuse me? In what was I disgraced please. Make me understand?
Re: EDO 2020;BBC Debate: Ize-iyamu Is Arrogant, Intolerant by TheChameleon: 9:46am On Sep 05, 2020
Esseite:

HE HAD AN IMPORTANT PRESSING NEED TO ATTEND TO.. he delegated it to his deputy to continue, your APC could have scored a point continuing the debate, but because Ize has nothing to offer rather than attacks.. he obviously became speechless..

I dont know how else to explain this to you... I have tried.

Tell me what's more important than a Governor running for 2nd term to sell himself to the populace.

There are Gubernatorial debates and separate ones organised for deputies. You don't simply delegate that responsibility except if you have absolutely nothing to offer.

Only a really dumb person would be fooled by that excuse. No offence, but that's the bitter truth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EDO 2020;BBC Debate: Ize-iyamu Is Arrogant, Intolerant by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 05, 2020
TheChameleon:

Ize Iyamu came for a debate...

I didn't see where they mentioned boxing gloves or guns there.

Read it again slowly or get someone to read it for you.

It's also an opportunity for Obaseki to show he's not as lightweight as he's being accused of.

Most incumbent PRESIDENTS in Nigeria have ran away from debates and it's because they have nothing to offer.

Fight does not literally mean boxing gloves in that context..

Maybe we should start with what a debate is alongside its purpose..

The aim of a debate is to convince the opposition that you are right. When the two sides agree on the subject or when one side's arguments are more convincing than the other side that is when the debate comes to a close.

Obaseki being absent should not make Ize-iyamu incapable of even speaking and selling himself. Unless he is empty
Re: EDO 2020;BBC Debate: Ize-iyamu Is Arrogant, Intolerant by TheChameleon: 9:50am On Sep 05, 2020
Esseite:

Fight does not literally mean boxing gloves in that context..

Maybe we should start with what a debate is alongside its purpose..

Obaseki being absent should not make Ize-iyamu incapable of even speaking and selling himself. Unless he is empty

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Killing Cultists And Tagging Them ESN (pics) / Osinbajo’s Name Surfaces On N39 Billion Magugate Scandal / "Muslims Should Not Wear Jerseys Of Infidels Like Messi":Imam Alhakeem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.