Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,403 members, 7,822,844 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

***my Sisters Are Runing My Life And Its So Anoying** - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / ***my Sisters Are Runing My Life And Its So Anoying** (1629 Views)

The Day My Stepmother Beat Me Because Of My Sisters Vaginal Infection! / SHOCKER! / See: Identical Twin Sisters Are Married To Identical Twin Brothers,live Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

***my Sisters Are Runing My Life And Its So Anoying** by deltalife(m): 1:00pm On Feb 22, 2011
I am an only male child in the family of eight(cool and I happened to be in the sixth (6th) and fortunately by his will he made me handsome, but I can not make decisions on my own especially when it come to a lady to go out, what things to Invest on, and so many other things. I am 26yrs old.
Each time I try to have my way they start blackmailing me, reporting me to my mum which is the only parent I have and love so much.

I don't know if this is normal, its not helping me at all and am sick of it.
Re: ***my Sisters Are Runing My Life And Its So Anoying** by Blueice4re(f): 1:21pm On Feb 22, 2011
Go to ur mum sit her down and express your feelings to her, she will understand. it is good to hav sisters, they see u as a kid brother but for them runing ur life, i say no to it , it is not Right. TALK TO UR MUM.
Re: ***my Sisters Are Runing My Life And Its So Anoying** by obowunmi(m): 1:37pm On Feb 22, 2011
R u in UNI ? Stop communicating with your sisters --- you don't owe them anything. Directly communicate with ur mom
Re: ***my Sisters Are Runing My Life And Its So Anoying** by obowunmi(m): 1:39pm On Feb 22, 2011
Also try to spend much time away from home --- that's why I asked if ure in UNI ---- these things happen esp if people live at home with siblings and spend time with them 24/7.
Re: ***my Sisters Are Runing My Life And Its So Anoying** by naijafrend: 1:40pm On Feb 22, 2011
@OP
You are 26 and they still report you to your mom? What exactly is being reported? Don't they want you to get a wife and life?
Please, next time they come up with a decision or suggestion, express your disinterest, atleast subtly if you cannot be harsh. And make sure you discuss important things with your mom, including this predicament, before someone else gets a chance to report you. First hand info is much better in any case.
Re: ***my Sisters Are Runing My Life And Its So Anoying** by deltalife(m): 1:51pm On Feb 22, 2011
obowunmi:

Also try to spend much time away from home --- that's why I asked if ure in UNI ---- these things happen esp if people live at home with siblings and spend time with them 24/7.

I do banking, so am trough wif school.

The tactics is BLACKMAIL. And when ma mum hears any perverting story about she fall sick, which goes in turn to destabilize me.

And I so Love my mum.
Re: ***my Sisters Are Runing My Life And Its So Anoying** by Nobody: 3:22pm On Feb 22, 2011
Lol . . 26! cheesy
Re: ***my Sisters Are Runing My Life And Its So Anoying** by babyme1(f): 3:47pm On Feb 22, 2011
Don't take it from them!! Im a girl and i have three elder sisters who tried to ruin my life some years back. I showed my displeasure and they stepped back. If you don't stop them now,be rest assured that when u eventually marry (if they allow you undecided), they will be coming to ur house to harrass your wife.
Re: ***my Sisters Are Runing My Life And Its So Anoying** by ifyalways(f): 3:52pm On Feb 22, 2011
deltalife:

I do banking, so am trough wif school.

The tactics is BLACKMAIL. And when ma mum hears any perverting story about  she fall sick, which goes in turn to destabilize me.

And I so Love my mum.
Had a close friend that was in same boat with you.
He can't sneeze,eat or fart without the mum and sisters consent  cheesy
Lemme tell u what he did;He decided to grow up ! He made decisions and stood by it,he stopped calling up mama to cry oh her shoulders,he became responsible for himself and stopped crying to mama for food and funds,he understood that mama won't die cos she shed a tear or 2.
[s]If all that does not work please try dating someone likeJennykadry for 1 month,your mum and sisters need not be told which side of the pillow to place their nappy heads[/s]  cheesy
Re: ***my Sisters Are Runing My Life And Its So Anoying** by horny4u(f): 12:26am On Feb 23, 2011
Man up!!! only boy.
You are now a man tell ur sisters to shove it. Better to be known as headstrong than spineless jare.
As for your mum pamper her,spend time with her but put your damn feet down now or never.
If you were my son I will slap you, ko ori o pe.
Re: ***my Sisters Are Runing My Life And Its So Anoying** by mamagee3(f): 3:01am On Feb 23, 2011
I think you should tell them to mind their business.

And leave your life alone.
Re: ***my Sisters Are Runing My Life And Its So Anoying** by Ladyjide(f): 6:02am On Feb 23, 2011
Put them all in their place one good time, and all will be well! At the end of the day you are a man and free to live your life!
Re: ***my Sisters Are Runing My Life And Its So Anoying** by jaybee3(m): 6:12am On Feb 23, 2011
@OP
I can relate to your post as my background is somewhat similar to yours (Only boy, last born and 6 senior sisters).
What did i do? I grew up pretty fast and I've never looked back.
It helps though if your are independent (don't live at home and doesn't run to momma for help)
With time they will respect you, your stance and decisions but you gotta be strong willed.
Re: ***my Sisters Are Runing My Life And Its So Anoying** by Nobody: 10:22am On Feb 23, 2011
ifyalways:

[s]If all that does not work please try dating someone likeJennykadry for 1 month,your mum and sisters need not be told which side of the pillow to place their nappy heads[/s]  cheesy

angry angry angry angry Ify why are you bent on destroying the reputation that took me years to build angry

Kpachara anya gi diaaaaa, if not i will mechie gi onu  diaaa with ezi'bote amu  cool that will produce a baby gurl by fire by force
Re: ***my Sisters Are Runing My Life And Its So Anoying** by smarthG(f): 9:22am On Feb 24, 2011
@ deltalife, My dear, you really need a professional counsel on this your predicament, I do think is a serious one.

May God help you.
Re: ***my Sisters Are Runing My Life And Its So Anoying** by ifyalways(f): 1:01pm On Feb 24, 2011
jennykadry:

angry angry angry angry Ify why are you bent on destroying the reputation that took me years to build angry

Kpachara anya gi diaaaaa, if not i will mechie gi onu  diaaa with ezi'bote amu  cool that will produce a baby gurl by fire by force
LOL
I ji nwa nwanyi a mapu m obi?too late for that . . .e kechigo m something. . . anomzi m na constant firing,no goal or goal-keeping  tongue
Re: ***my Sisters Are Runing My Life And Its So Anoying** by dayokanu(m): 10:08pm On Feb 24, 2011
Hi Ifyalways
Re: ***my Sisters Are Runing My Life And Its So Anoying** by Pweety4me(f): 6:04am On Feb 25, 2011
@OP Man up ooo!

wetin be dem own sef?don't dey ave boyfriends? abi which kind life be dat1!

& try talk 2 mama, she gotta understand u ain't a small boy anymore. smiley
Re: ***my Sisters Are Runing My Life And Its So Anoying** by Nobody: 3:41pm On Feb 25, 2011
dayokanu:

Hi Ifyalways

Ify don get stalker.CC is free grin
Re: ***my Sisters Are Runing My Life And Its So Anoying** by dayokanu(m): 3:50pm On Feb 25, 2011
^^ WHo told you I cant multi task?

I just dey wait make you born the triplet wey dey your belle before I shaft you shift to you (I mean.)
Re: ***my Sisters Are Runing My Life And Its So Anoying** by Pweety4me(f): 2:51am On Feb 26, 2011
^How tall r yu?
Re: ***my Sisters Are Runing My Life And Its So Anoying** by deltalife(m): 11:23am On Feb 28, 2011
Pweety4me:

^How tall r yu?

have you seen ma profile pix? well you can do that, check it out.

however am planning an holiday outside naija, I guess that will help, but if it doesn't, then I will have to quit ma job and have us starve for a while.
Re: ***my Sisters Are Runing My Life And Its So Anoying** by smarthG(f): 10:01am On Mar 07, 2011
grin shocked cry
Re: ***my Sisters Are Runing My Life And Its So Anoying** by deltalife(m): 7:26pm On Apr 06, 2011
jay bee:

@OP
I can relate to your post as my background is somewhat similar to yours (Only boy, last born and 6 senior sisters).
What did i do? I grew up pretty fast and I've never looked back.
It helps though if your are independent (don't live at home and doesn't run to momma for help)
With time they will respect you, your stance and decisions but you gotta be strong willed.

Re: ***my Sisters Are Runing My Life And Its So Anoying** by Thirst4Lif: 10:42pm On Apr 06, 2011
deltalife

I can certainly sympathize with your dilema. Your sisters still think of you as their baby brother and they always will, unfortunately.  smiley

Therefore, older sisters and brothers tend not to respect the ideas and decisions of the younger ones, thinking they know it all due

to the few years age difference. Trust me, you are not alone in this matter. I have an older sister by 4 years so I can definitely relate. If you are

ever going to get respect in your family you are going to have to be steadfast in whatever decision you make. Do not be swayed by these well-

meaning, but meddlesome ladies. Once you have made your mind up on a matter, stick with that decision. And if, in the end, it turns out you

decided incorrectly, oh well, every one makes mistakes. You as well as them.
Re: ***my Sisters Are Runing My Life And Its So Anoying** by Dmouthed(m): 7:33am On Apr 07, 2011
Thirst4Lif:

deltalife

I can certainly sympathize with your dilema. Your sisters still think of you as their baby brother and they always will, unfortunately. smiley

Therefore, older sisters and brothers tend not to respect the ideas and decisions of the younger ones, thinking they know it all due

to the few years age difference. Trust me, you are not alone in this matter. I have an older sister by 4 years so I can definitely relate. If you are

ever going to get respect in your family you are going to have to be steadfast in whatever decision you make. Do not be swayed by these well-

meaning, but meddlesome ladies. Once you have made your mind up on a matter, stick with that decision. And if, in the end, it turns out you

decided incorrectly, oh well, every one makes mistakes. You as well as them.

I concur
Re: ***my Sisters Are Runing My Life And Its So Anoying** by Mustay(m): 8:59am On Apr 10, 2011
True, until you start making and sticking to your decisions, you would continue this. I do not expect you ro completely disregard their 'talk' but it is your place to determine whether you want to be controlled or directed.

(1) (Reply)

What Does It Mean If Someone Talks To You With An Attitude? / Baby Trolley / Baby Seats & Baby Toilet FOR SALE!!!!! ( Pictures Gallery ) / Please Help My Friend!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.