Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,715 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

Is This Plant Photograph Tabernanthe Iboga? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Is This Plant Photograph Tabernanthe Iboga? (1975 Views)

Iboga / How True Is The Myth About This Plant And What's The English Name / Help! Pls What Is This Plant Growing In My Nursery? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Plant Photograph Tabernanthe Iboga? by Famzed: 8:30am On Sep 05, 2020
Greetings everyone

I have searched for Tabernanthe Iboga in Southern Nigeria for a long time.

The purpose of searching for this plant is to cure an addict friend of mine

But unfortunately I couldn't find Tabernanthe Iboga in Nigeria.

Just yesterday, I came across this particular plant which photo I attached below to this post.

The gardener of this plant told me it was Tabernanthe Iboga but I'm not 100% sure of the gardener claim.

So i decided to post the picture here for confirmation from you experienced farmers and Agriculturists before i buy the plant.

Is This Plant Photograph Tabernanthe Iboga?

Re: Is This Plant Photograph Tabernanthe Iboga? by Nobody: 8:40am On Sep 05, 2020
Is somebody planning on getting "high"

Why the interest in Iboga though? sad

OK... to cure an "addict friend".
Re: Is This Plant Photograph Tabernanthe Iboga? by Famzed: 9:09am On Sep 05, 2020
Question wey i ask wither the picture wey i post nah Iboga, you ignore am. U nor read were I talk say i wan use am cure addict friend? U they here they talk about highness - off topic. Nah only highness Iboga they do? Why u mumu like this? If i wan high, i go buy alcohol or weed and take am. If you nor get any useful thing to talk, get out from my thread. Make highness kill u there

mansakhalifa:
Is somebody planning on getting "high"

Why the interest in Iboga though? sad

OK... to cure an "addict friend".

Re: Is This Plant Photograph Tabernanthe Iboga? by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 05, 2020
Famzed:
Question wey i ask wither the picture wey i post nah Iboga, you ignore am. U nor read were I talk say i wan use am cure addict friend? U they here they talk about highness - off topic. Nah only highness Iboga they do? Why u mumu like this? If i wan high, i go buy alcohol or weed and take am. If you nor get any useful thing to talk, get out from my thread. Make highness kill u there

Relax... grin

Why the rage now?

Who tell you say them dey take am cure addiction?? Who school you like that?
Re: Is This Plant Photograph Tabernanthe Iboga? by ceslide: 10:50am On Sep 05, 2020
Great one bro.. save the pictures and upload them on plant identifier apps and websites.. from what I checked.. it isn’t Iboga .. but the farmer also has to be able to show you a previous harvest so you’ll know from the fruit. It’s needed in Nigeria.. addicts everywhere.. good one!.. asides addiction, its ability to take you to other realms are super
Re: Is This Plant Photograph Tabernanthe Iboga? by Famzed: 2:29pm On Sep 05, 2020
A little google search or youtube search will give you the answer you seek.

Please watch what you say on the internet especially social networks and forums because it might help or destroy somebody else life.

Do you know what it takes for a person to travel to a garden snap plant pic and upload it on nairaland forum for answers?

It shows how important it is to the person.

Attitude like yours are the reasons why some persons can not ask questions on nairaland for fear of being bullied.

Please change and be productive.

Thank you

mansakhalifa:

Relax... grin

Why the rage now?

Who tell you say them dey take am cure addiction?? Who school you like that?

Re: Is This Plant Photograph Tabernanthe Iboga? by Famzed: 2:43pm On Sep 05, 2020
Thanks a billion times for recomending plants identifier app. You are a life saver. I never knew such app existed. If I knew, I could have just privately identified this plant i uploaded here on the app without coming on nairaland to receive unnecessary insults.

I uploaded the plant on the plant identifier app but unfortunately the plant is not Iboga but why are most Nigerian business men and women deceitful? You want to tell me that the gardener is not aware that this plant he wanted to sell for me is not Iboga but yet he wanted to sell it as Iboga? Imagine i didn't come online to verify this plant, that's how i will think I have bought Iboga and minister it to my friend. God knows what will be the outcome of such treatment?

Any recommendation on where I can get Iboga in Southern Nigeria will be highly appreciated.

Thank you

ceslide:
Great one bro.. save the pictures and upload them on plant identifier apps and websites.. from what I checked.. it isn’t Iboga .. but the farmer also has to be able to show you a previous harvest so you’ll know from the fruit. It’s needed in Nigeria.. addicts everywhere.. good one!.. asides addiction, its ability to take you to other realms are super

Re: Is This Plant Photograph Tabernanthe Iboga? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 05, 2020
Famzed:
A little google search or youtube search will give you the answer you seek.

Please watch what you say on the internet especially social networks and forums because it might help or destroy somebody else life.

Do you know what it takes for a person to travel to a garden snap plant pic and upload it on nairaland forum for answers?

It shows how important it is to the person.

Attitude like yours are the reasons why some persons can not ask questions on nairaland for fear of being bullied.

Please change and be productive.

Thank you

I wasn't trying to bully you or anything of the sort.

It's just that I don't have any fond memories of that plant/shrub/herb whatsoever.

So, when I hear you talking about rehabilitating a drug/crack addict with, I couldn't help laughing at that(now, that doesn't mean that it is funny). That's all.

You just have to learn how to chill and not take things too seriously, man.

Take my advise, let that fellow see a professional and don't try to administer that stuff on him all by yourself(if that's the whole idea behind this).

Like I said, I know how nasty that stuff can be if wrongly deployed. Don't just toy with it.
Re: Is This Plant Photograph Tabernanthe Iboga? by Famzed: 8:36am On Sep 06, 2020
Thanks for the advice. Well appreciated !!!

Do you mind sharing your experience with Iboga here and do you know the local name (Yoruba / Igbo) for Iboga?

mansakhalifa:

I wasn't trying to bully you or anything of the sort.

It's just that I don't have any fond memories of that plant/shrub/herb whatsoever.

So, when I hear you talking about rehabilitating a drug/crack addict with, I couldn't help laughing at that(now, that doesn't mean that it is funny). That's all.

You just have to learn how to chill and not take things too seriously, man.

Take my advise, let that fellow see a professional and don't try to administer that stuff on him all by yourself(if that's the whole idea behind this).

Like I said, I know how nasty that stuff can be if wrongly deployed. Don't just toy with it.
Re: Is This Plant Photograph Tabernanthe Iboga? by Passerby86: 8:16pm On Apr 10, 2021
I know someone who is growing Iboga in Calabar. He has a lot of information concerning the plant. If you're still interested let me know and I'll send his number.
Re: Is This Plant Photograph Tabernanthe Iboga? by ceslide: 5:42am On Apr 19, 2021
Hello brother.. please how can I get his number
Passerby86:
I know someone who is growing Iboga in Calabar. He has a lot of information concerning the plant. If you're still interested let me know and I'll send his number.
Re: Is This Plant Photograph Tabernanthe Iboga? by Jaychukclock: 11:47am On Sep 13, 2021
This thing?

1 Like

Re: Is This Plant Photograph Tabernanthe Iboga? by Jaychukclock: 11:51am On Sep 13, 2021
Take a good look bro,it's in Nigeria,but I hear it's illegal,well these things grow on their on in swampy areas

Re: Is This Plant Photograph Tabernanthe Iboga? by Famzed: 5:51pm On Oct 29, 2021
Why is this plant illegal?

Please which swampy area did you snap this plant picture so that I can go there and pluck some and plant them in my compound and train them?

Jaychukclock:
Take a good look bro,it's in Nigeria,but I hear it's illegal,well these things grow on their on in swampy areas
Re: Is This Plant Photograph Tabernanthe Iboga? by Kobojunkie: 2:28am On Oct 30, 2021
Jaychukclock:
Illegal in Nigeria ke? undecided
Re: Is This Plant Photograph Tabernanthe Iboga? by Kobojunkie: 2:29am On Oct 30, 2021
Passerby86:
Does he by any chance grow in for pharmaceutical purposes? I am interested in knowing of any of the plants other potentials. undecided
Re: Is This Plant Photograph Tabernanthe Iboga? by Famzed: 3:08pm On Nov 01, 2021
He might not reply you and even if he does? He or the person might start requesting for money. That's one thing about Nigerians. Always secretive and refusal to share knowledge has led us to be backward in civilization compared to other parts of the world. This is the reason Africa lost it ancient civilization because of secrecy.

Kobojunkie:
Does he by any chance grow in for pharmaceutical purposes? I am interested in knowing of any of the plants other potentials. undecided

1 Like

Re: Is This Plant Photograph Tabernanthe Iboga? by Poco25: 4:29pm On Apr 25, 2022
Passerby86:
I'm interested, please
Re: Is This Plant Photograph Tabernanthe Iboga? by Poco25: 4:55pm On Apr 26, 2022
Famzed:
Greetings everyone

I have searched for Tabernanthe Iboga in Southern Nigeria for a long time.

The purpose of searching for this plant is to cure an addict friend of mine

But unfortunately I couldn't find Tabernanthe Iboga in Nigeria.
Did you later find it? I'm in need of it
Just yesterday, I came across this particular plant which photo I attached below to this post.

The gardener of this plant told me it was Tabernanthe Iboga but I'm not 100% sure of the gardener claim.

So i decided to post the picture here for confirmation from you experienced farmers and Agriculturists before i buy the plant.

Is This Plant Photograph Tabernanthe Iboga?
Re: Is This Plant Photograph Tabernanthe Iboga? by Passerby86: 9:17pm On Nov 14, 2022
My apologies for this late response to those who made inquiries. The fellow growing in Calabar won't have anything available for sale for some years to come because the plants are not old enough. I have a reputable supplier in Cameroon but it is costly. If you or someone you know is in need of it to cure drug addiction you can DM me. I myself used it to help get a friend free of alcohol addiction and I have seen others free themselves of years of opioid addiction.
Re: Is This Plant Photograph Tabernanthe Iboga? by Poco25: 5:47pm On Jan 13, 2023
Passerby86:
My apologies for this late response to those who made inquiries. The fellow growing in Calabar won't have anything available for sale for some years to come because the plants are not old enough. I have a reputable supplier in Cameroon but it is costly. If you or someone you know is in need of it to cure drug addiction you can DM me. I myself used it to help get a friend free of alcohol addiction and I have seen others free themselves of years of opioid addiction.

I need it for hallucination

(1) (Reply)

Cargo Containers,and Reefer Containers Both 40ft And 20ft.available For Sale / VIDEO: Anambra State Launches Its Own Cattle Rearing Business Called “efi Igbo” / Goats For Sale In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.