Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,073 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

How Real Are Things Like 'Odeshí', 'Juju', 'Otumorkpor' In Nigeria/Africa? - Culture (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Real Are Things Like 'Odeshí', 'Juju', 'Otumorkpor' In Nigeria/Africa? (47233 Views)

Is Juju Real? / Masquerade Exhibiting Powers Failed By His Juju As Bullet Penetrates - Oyo State / 'Ososomaye' Juju Used By The Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, To Revoke Curses (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Real Are Things Like 'Odeshí', 'Juju', 'Otumorkpor' In Nigeria/Africa? by NiCurious: 4:02pm On Sep 06, 2020
Nooil:

I think you should go and read it. It's " burning of witches in Europe." It even happened in America too.

Yes, they were accused (name one criminal that is not accused before getting convicted), but there were true witches. And if you don't know, there are still modern witches even in Canada. But they claim to cause no harm.

I'm not going to debate this, so don't expect a reply again.

I am better read on the topic of European witchcraft than you seem to think I am, which is why I am contesting your point on the burning of "witches". No need to reply, but please do a little reading of your own. Start with learning about who Matthew Hopkins was, and what he did.
Re: How Real Are Things Like 'Odeshí', 'Juju', 'Otumorkpor' In Nigeria/Africa? by od501: 4:03pm On Sep 06, 2020
PrecisionFx:

Ur uncle shot him off range or with blanks.......Shotgun accuracy range @ maximum is 145 feet, The medicine man could easily keep him 200 feet away and shot at him several times.

He could have used blank bullets to shoot him at very close range.

Be wise, I know spirituality well & I've practiced it for 4 years and 10 months now, I know what exists in spirituality and what does not exist....ODESHI doesn't exist.

Chai....okay ooo...I no argue. If you say so ...lol

1 Like

Re: How Real Are Things Like 'Odeshí', 'Juju', 'Otumorkpor' In Nigeria/Africa? by guyman13(m): 4:34pm On Sep 06, 2020
MikeMicheal:
Imaginary things don't work in real situations.
nigger it's work
Re: How Real Are Things Like 'Odeshí', 'Juju', 'Otumorkpor' In Nigeria/Africa? by PlaysNigeria: 4:51pm On Sep 06, 2020
solmusdesigns:

Ok let me give you a straight forward answer based on experience

My cousin is a Naval Officer, and went to join SBS (Special Boat Service) these are elite forces similar to US navy seal or the marine commando, upon getting selected he came home to seek protection from my dad's uncle who happens to be a Land merchant, Ibadan high chief, and Customary court Judge.. to cut the long story short a dish was prepared for him with content including cat eyes, and other ingredients, bullets from a pump action was tested on him and nothing happened, he has done tours in North East, and South South with many falling beside him without him getting hit..

Another personal experience is 2013 during my service year as a Corper in Abeokuta I witnessed metaphysical phenomenon aka jazz called Magun live and direct, I witnessed do as I say charm being used on a British online client live and direct

♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️ For you
Mean while other Nairalanders be forming touché by falsifying the possessions of thier ancestors

The internet have succeeded in making we blacks go blind to our heritage.
A wise man once said nothing

You see them,
36STATES:

Stop these motor park lies. Many people on this forum are highly educated and can't stand this your primitive mindset.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Real Are Things Like 'Odeshí', 'Juju', 'Otumorkpor' In Nigeria/Africa? by waploger(m): 5:17pm On Sep 06, 2020
solmusdesigns:

Ok let me give you a straight forward answer based on experience

My cousin is a Naval Officer, and went to join SBS (Special Boat Service) these are elite forces similar to US navy seal or the marine commando, upon getting selected he came home to seek protection from my dad's uncle who happens to be a Land merchant, Ibadan high chief, and Customary court Judge.. to cut the long story short a dish was prepared for him with content including cat eyes, and other ingredients, bullets from a pump action was tested on him and nothing happened, he has done tours in North East, and South South with many falling beside him without him getting hit..

Another personal experience is 2013 during my service year as a Corper in Abeokuta I witnessed metaphysical phenomenon aka jazz called Magun live and direct, I witnessed do as I say charm being used on a British online client live and direct

please
connect me with the man that did the stuff
Re: How Real Are Things Like 'Odeshí', 'Juju', 'Otumorkpor' In Nigeria/Africa? by martius101(m): 5:51pm On Sep 06, 2020
BadRadio:
If the answer is yes... Why do soldiers die of bullet wounds when they engage in fierce gun battles while at war? These dudes are helpless in the battlefield.

Instead of safety helmets and bulletproofz, these guys should just meet one baba to do it for them nah.grin

Jazz no be God.
.only God protects

Pls nairalanders,I need your help....on Thursday,I left my shop in the evening, leaving my apprentice in the shop.I got busy throughout that I could not go back to the shop so I called him up to close the shop and he did.....only for me to return in the morning and found my shop burnt and all my computer's, printers and everything got burnt .... please I need your help so that I can even continue and buy even a laptop...God bless you Amen..
Acct:3028557395
Polaris Bank... Olawamiwale Opeyemi
Re: How Real Are Things Like 'Odeshí', 'Juju', 'Otumorkpor' In Nigeria/Africa? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 06, 2020
MrColdsweat:
[s][/s]

Who's talking to you about what the whiteman did and what he didn't do?

We're analyzing your assessment tool for the truth and I'm showing you the defiencies and you're still arguing.

You've been to the court, you see people commit murder and they give proof in court that thy didn't commit it and the judge believe and acquit them. Does that mean that they didn't actually commit the murder?

Proofs are malleable. They are constructible. Therefore they are not enough.

Proofs are not enough. There are millions of organisms and life beings in the universe undiscovered by man. Because man hasn't seen them, does it mean they don't exist?

Your demand for proof is nonsense.

Oga we are not talking about law courts, we are talking about physical pure science.

U have no proof, stay mute
Re: How Real Are Things Like 'Odeshí', 'Juju', 'Otumorkpor' In Nigeria/Africa? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Sep 06, 2020
MrColdsweat:
[s][/s]

Who's talking to you about what the whiteman did and what he didn't do?

We're analyzing your assessment tool for the truth and I'm showing you the defiencies and you're still arguing.

You've been to the court, you see people commit murder and they give proof in court that thy didn't commit it and the judge believe and acquit them. Does that mean that they didn't actually commit the murder?

Proofs are malleable. They are constructible. Therefore they are not enough.

Proofs are not enough. There are millions of organisms and life beings in the universe undiscovered by man. Because man hasn't seen them, does it mean they don't exist?

Your demand for proof is nonsense.

Oga we are not talking about law courts, we are talking about physical pure science.

Man have already claimed that they have odeshi, it isn't same with an organism that does not exist or an organism that is yet to be found.....U keep hearing stories but u never see shit. Goan do d jazz urself and prove it, stop relying on random stories u hear around

U have no proof, stay mute.
Re: How Real Are Things Like 'Odeshí', 'Juju', 'Otumorkpor' In Nigeria/Africa? by Kuginzi: 9:31pm On Sep 06, 2020
freeborn02:

Lolz. So you are one of the idiots that think anyone who doesn't lick Tinubu's ass is automatically an Igbo?!

No wonder your reasoning is daft and dumb.

Below are the evidence that Tinubu is a heroine bag man.

https://www.thetrentonline.com/tinubu-bagman-2-drug-trafficking-kingpins-micheal-weiss/

https://www.pulse.ng/news/politics/bola-tinubu-us-website-links-apc-leader-to-drug-deals-fraud/8pb66xd

I hope you will stop being stupid from now on
Hahaha... So your topic has now changed to Tinubu.
It's regrettably lugubrious, that your physical display of madness, couple with childish act, unguided utterances, unethical attitude & host of other funny characters doesn't make sense even in animal kingdom.
Re: How Real Are Things Like 'Odeshí', 'Juju', 'Otumorkpor' In Nigeria/Africa? by Kuginzi: 9:35pm On Sep 06, 2020
freeborn02:

It's my business because the backwardness of your cursed religion is a stain to every Nigerian.
Meaningless comment by an hypocrite
Re: How Real Are Things Like 'Odeshí', 'Juju', 'Otumorkpor' In Nigeria/Africa? by freeborn02: 10:19pm On Sep 06, 2020
Kuginzi:

Meaningless comment by an hypocrite

The truth is always looks meaningless to people in religion bondage
Re: How Real Are Things Like 'Odeshí', 'Juju', 'Otumorkpor' In Nigeria/Africa? by freeborn02: 10:40pm On Sep 06, 2020
Kuginzi:

It's regrettably lugubrious, that your physical display of madness, couple with childish act, unguided utterances, unethical attitude & host of other funny characters doesn't make sense even in animal kingdom.

Oh, I intended to reply another of your fellows in bondage, not you.
Re: How Real Are Things Like 'Odeshí', 'Juju', 'Otumorkpor' In Nigeria/Africa? by Hullabaloon: 11:49am On Sep 07, 2020
36STATES:

Stop these motor park lies. Many people on this forum are highly educated and can't stand this your primitive mindset.

That's the problem. You lot will try to explain everything with logic and reasoning. There are Some phenomenon that exceeds your mental capacity. No matter how intelligent you think you are.

Growing up in the early 2000's in Enugu, once in a while, we'd gather to watch a road-side juju man display his powers. He'd spread red cloth on the floor and display his juju paraphernalia. People would gather, and some would agree to volunteer in some of his abracadabra.

With my eyes I've seen him conjure money into an erstwhile empty mini coffin and gave to one of the volunteers.
He once told a volunteer to put his hands in his pocket, the huge young man did, he recited some incantations and told the man to pull out his hand. E no gree. His hand got stuck in his pocket. So much so this volunteer began to shed tears and plead that he reverse the spell. It was all funny to us then.
In another display of power, he was told two men to hold a horn down. He made some incantations and the horn started ascending. These two men tried to pull it down but it kept ascending till he commanded it to stop.

Then there were no smartphones, if not, we would have recorded all these things. I wonder what happened and we never saw that juju man again till date.

I went to CIC Enugu, and during one of our school breaks, Enugu state hosted one national cultural festival. Our hostel was used to house the visiting guests. One of the Saturdays, I went to get something from my cupboard, and I saw the occupants of our hostel, mostly Fulani people, rehearsing their performance with paranormal displays. With my eyes I saw a man cut himself and nothing happened.

Guy forget o, I'm as widely read and enlightened as you, but I've seen things. Juju is real. There are powers.
Re: How Real Are Things Like 'Odeshí', 'Juju', 'Otumorkpor' In Nigeria/Africa? by Hullabaloon: 11:57am On Sep 07, 2020
SirMichael1:
Hahahahaha. Bro this is 2020, the year of covid. Shey you will not help us find cure so?

You go to church, belong to a group of married men who pray to God. But you don't believe there's juju?

Baffling!
Re: How Real Are Things Like 'Odeshí', 'Juju', 'Otumorkpor' In Nigeria/Africa? by Hullabaloon: 12:24pm On Sep 07, 2020
MikeMicheal:

Your brain is dead if you dont know that there are powdery substances that can be blown to the face and will result into death upon inhaling, but empty skulls like you will call it charm.

Telling me to come and see them display stupidity, that wouldnt be more or less than what I described above.

If time travel was possible and technologies of today taken back to the year 1600s, fools like you would have called smart phones juju or witchcraft.

Brainless fool, even going back to school can't solve your stupidity.

You can now go forth and die.

How do you think TB Joshua Perform some of his miracles and prophecies? Is it from God or devil?

Why do you think Efcc would arrest yahoo boys and parade their charms? Do you think those charms are for decorations?

Do you think our politicians are ordinary men who just depend on wits to win electoral seats?

Why do you think the Bakassi Boys of early 2000s were feared more than the police?

Do you think the story of the infamous Edi Nawgu was a bedtime story?

In 2018, during a meeting of men in our neighborhood, my dad got into a squabble with one Eckankar man who told him he'd deal with him. Exactly a week later, my mum woke up in the morning started bleeding, that same day, my brother was shot in a dream, and woke up feeling pains in his chest, same night my sister had a dream where I was killed. 3 days later, my dad suffered stroke. Till today he's not fully recovered. Hehe. I don't like relating my experience. I've seen things.

Brotherly, if you think this life ends in what you can see, hear, touch, and feel, and logically explain, then sorry for you.
Re: How Real Are Things Like 'Odeshí', 'Juju', 'Otumorkpor' In Nigeria/Africa? by Kuginzi: 9:21pm On Sep 07, 2020
freeborn02:

The truth is always looks meaningless to people in religion bondage
Pls mind your business
Re: How Real Are Things Like 'Odeshí', 'Juju', 'Otumorkpor' In Nigeria/Africa? by freeborn02: 10:05pm On Sep 07, 2020
Kuginzi:

Pls mind your business

Mr blood sucker. How many more people does your religion plan to murder in cold blood?!
Re: How Real Are Things Like 'Odeshí', 'Juju', 'Otumorkpor' In Nigeria/Africa? by rinzaugustine: 2:16am On Sep 08, 2020
Hullabaloon:

Seems like you grew up in Enugu. Do you remember the popular police man, Ignatius Eko popularly called IG? He was a terror to armed robbers around 2004/2005
one man show? Yea they used a girl to trap him and killed him around that Zik avenue by Agbani road at a beer parlor
Re: How Real Are Things Like 'Odeshí', 'Juju', 'Otumorkpor' In Nigeria/Africa? by femijay8271(m): 7:56am On Sep 08, 2020
od501:

My broda, I laugh at people who tag these things fetish. In Onitsha 2004 during the days if MOSSOB, menh...police shoot gun taya! Army blow machine gun taya! Na guerilla squad from Abj come settle the matter oo with their own otumokpo...menhh...army get grade ooo...this ones are not just dark in complexion, they are charcoal in complexion, with a padlock key logged in their mouth. I was there live and direct, there was this small boy, about 11 years of age called nwababy (cos they hanged a doll on his neck). They (MOSSOB) placed him in forefront with about 40-50 MOSSOB members behind him with "cataports), omoh....no bullet no matter how big dey cross that boy; all the hundreds and thousands of shots fired by security forces falled on that boy. Menhhh...make I stop here shaa...but know this, juju, and odiashi is super real! Bleep scientific explanations!

Pls bros, abeg tell me know about this story, I wan know ham. And those Soldiers wey u talk about wey get padlock for their mouth, they are called "Godogodo"
Re: How Real Are Things Like 'Odeshí', 'Juju', 'Otumorkpor' In Nigeria/Africa? by Hullabaloon: 11:16am On Sep 09, 2020
rinzaugustine:
one man show? Yea they used a girl to trap him and killed him around that Zik avenue by Agbani road at a beer parlor

Lol, you are a true Son of the soil.

He was killed in a bar at One Day bus stop by an equally notorious criminal called Egwu. A joyous day for bandits and criminals.

1 Like

Re: How Real Are Things Like 'Odeshí', 'Juju', 'Otumorkpor' In Nigeria/Africa? by Penflame(m): 11:43pm On Sep 09, 2020
Re: How Real Are Things Like 'Odeshí', 'Juju', 'Otumorkpor' In Nigeria/Africa? by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 13, 2020
Kuginzi:

Abooki, so the above is the only english u learnt in ur arabic/almajiri school?
Re: How Real Are Things Like 'Odeshí', 'Juju', 'Otumorkpor' In Nigeria/Africa? by Kuginzi: 10:32am On Sep 13, 2020
azmanaty02:

Abooki, so the above is the only english u learnt in ur arabic/almajiri school?
Illiteracy and low educational status are highly prevalent in u. It is well known that illiteracy is associated with greater ill health and mortality and low educational status is a major determinant of disease as well as mortality
Re: How Real Are Things Like 'Odeshí', 'Juju', 'Otumorkpor' In Nigeria/Africa? by Nobody: 10:39am On Sep 13, 2020
Kuginzi:

Illiteracy and low educational status are highly prevalent in u. It is well known that illiteracy is associated with greater ill health and mortality and low educational status is a major determinant of disease as well as mortality

Is that all u learnt?
Re: How Real Are Things Like 'Odeshí', 'Juju', 'Otumorkpor' In Nigeria/Africa? by webmaster99(m): 4:18pm On Sep 15, 2020
Do not be wise in words be wise in deeds.
A clever person solves a problem but a wise person avoids it.
The simple things are also the most extraordinary things, only the wise can see them!

1 Like

Re: How Real Are Things Like 'Odeshí', 'Juju', 'Otumorkpor' In Nigeria/Africa? by N3cR0mAZc3R(m): 9:41am On Sep 16, 2020
Nggs121:
If bullshet like this worked no african Solider who ever went to any war would die angry angry

The truth of the matter is, it doesn't work at all.
Re: How Real Are Things Like 'Odeshí', 'Juju', 'Otumorkpor' In Nigeria/Africa? by webmaster99(m): 9:43am On Sep 16, 2020
“All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Re: How Real Are Things Like 'Odeshí', 'Juju', 'Otumorkpor' In Nigeria/Africa? by segebase(m): 7:02pm On Sep 23, 2020
OdionUwa642:

Join Now: [url=/NcurOxs]W W W . F U N D B O O S T. C L U B[/url]

《《《SECURE DIGITAL PLATFORM 》》》

START MAKING AS MUCH AS $100 DAILY ONL!NE STRAIGHT TO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT!

WITH A MINIMUM OF $10, YOU CAN BEGIN YOUR JOURNEY TO FINANCIAL FREEDOM.

CARD DEPOSITS, BANK PAYMENTS, BITCOIN AND ETHEREUM ACCEPTED.

BUY BITCOIN: https://luno.com

JOIN OUR DIGITAL PLATFORM TO START EARNING USING FOUR EASY STEPS: SIGN UP》ADD FUNDS》INVEST 》GET YOUR RETURNS.

All you require to earn is made accessible on your secured dashboard.

Fundboost receives your investment and with the help of experienced digital investment managers, they are able to deliver an amazing RETURN ON INVESTMENT of up to 10% every day for the total of 20 days investment tenure. .

THIS IS A SIDE INCOME PROGRAM THAT ALLOWS YOU FOCUS ON YOUR DAY TO DAY ACTIVITIES.

You can also make over $1 for every registration using your affiliate link.

Join Us Right Now:

ow do I join

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) / 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People / Alaafin Gifts Daughter, Princess Zainab, Car For Graduating With First Class

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.