Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,153 members, 7,811,313 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:57 AM

Exactly Words Of Donald Trump Boat Mice Never Said 'vote T - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Exactly Words Of Donald Trump Boat Mice Never Said 'vote T (184 Views)

COVID-19: Several Of Donald Trump's Aides And Allies Test Positive / Canadian Cartoonist Loses Job After This Catoon of Donald Trump Went Viral / President Trump Never Said Nigerians Live In Huts - White House Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Exactly Words Of Donald Trump Boat Mice Never Said 'vote T by Edusteve(m): 7:59pm On Sep 05, 2020
President Donald Trump yesterday evening took to the Twitters today to explain that when he told people in North Carolina yesterday to vote by mail, and then vote again at the polls, he wasn't actually encouraging them to vote twice, which would be a felony. Heavens no! What he meant was something utterly different than what we all heard him say on video, because we are just kind of dumb when it comes to making sense of his word salad, you see?

What he really meant, you see, was that everyone should return their absentee ballots by mail, then go to their polling places on Election Day to check to see if their mail-in vote was recorded, and if it wasn't, then they should go ahead and vote in person. Not that he could put it that succinctly.

Here, rather than make you read the disjointed tweets themselves, we'll copy them over into convenient block quote form. It won't make him any more articulate, but at least our weird platform won't eat the tweets.

If you squint at that, you can even sort of see the vague outline of the "clarified" version in the murk. There's something about checking, and not being able to vote if the system works (along with a heavy dose of hinting that you'd be a fool to think the system will work), and so on. It's just missing, bigly, any explicit caution that no one should vote twice, because that's a felony in North Carolina and most other states (and even in the few states where it's a misdemeanor, voting twice in the same federal election is a federal crime everywhere).

Trump's "clarified" wordmess went out shortly after White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany told Fox News Trump only sounded like he was calling on people to vote twice, but really wants to ensure the integrity of the vote.https://trumpcall..com/2020/09/exactly-words-of-donald-trump-boat-mice.html

(1) (Reply)

. / My Statement Was Clear, I Believe I Had #coronavirus In Nov 2019 And I Advocate / I'm Honored And Humbled, Biden Says As He Becomes 46th U.S. President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.