Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,087 members, 7,818,263 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

CBN Freeze Adebutu Kessington's Bank Accounts For "Tax Fraud" - Sahara Reporters - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Freeze Adebutu Kessington's Bank Accounts For "Tax Fraud" - Sahara Reporters (33300 Views)

Billionaire Adebutu Kessington – Baba Ijebu Goes Bankrupt / Rosemary Adebutu Is Dead! Kessington Adebutu's Wife Dies / EFCC Investigating Kessington Adebutu ‘Baba Ijebu’ Over Tax Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Freeze Adebutu Kessington's Bank Accounts For "Tax Fraud" - Sahara Reporters by Obdk: 10:14am On Sep 06, 2020
Simplyleo:
Mynd44 lalasticlala

Reporter

1 Like

Re: CBN Freeze Adebutu Kessington's Bank Accounts For "Tax Fraud" - Sahara Reporters by omoadeleye(m): 10:14am On Sep 06, 2020
Golan007:

What university did you attend?

We must bring into question their academic curriculum as well their assessment of students.

Baba, ah tire ooo grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Freeze Adebutu Kessington's Bank Accounts For "Tax Fraud" - Sahara Reporters by Nicklaus619(m): 10:16am On Sep 06, 2020
Golan007:

What university did you attend?

We must bring into question their academic curriculum as well their assessment of students.

For not bringing any valid argument to counter my submission simply means you a academically handicap on this and as such don't deserve another mention from me.
have a nice Sunday cool
Re: CBN Freeze Adebutu Kessington's Bank Accounts For "Tax Fraud" - Sahara Reporters by Seventy7kings: 10:46am On Sep 06, 2020
wirinet:

You are an economist but poor at English comprehension. If you read the report and comprehend, you will realise that there is no correlation between the free fall of the naira and freezing of Baba Ijebu and other's accounts. The accounts were frozen over " alleged tax fraud and economic sabotage "

The report then continued with;

I don't see how you guys could link the scarcity of dollars at the parallel market to the freezing of 38 accounts. Except you are telling us that they were Dollar accounts with millions of dollars.

I was little angry at people's comments above until I read yours. May God bless you.

1 Like

Re: CBN Freeze Adebutu Kessington's Bank Accounts For "Tax Fraud" - Sahara Reporters by Roozzaay(m): 11:17am On Sep 06, 2020
People said he used juju for late Buruji Kashamu, oya let him go spiritual on Buhari or whomever is responsible for this too. undecided

1 Like

Re: CBN Freeze Adebutu Kessington's Bank Accounts For "Tax Fraud" - Sahara Reporters by kutashi: 11:18am On Sep 06, 2020
Nicklaus619:

Always be polite online, and don't go about insulting people with a different point of view just because it's a faceless forum.
I will no condescend to your level because of the above stated, I have a strong believe that fake news and hate speech is a crime in Nigeria and punishable under the law, if the news isn't accurate and coherent, Sahara reporter or where ever the news emanated from should answer for their misinformation but, the facts remains that if freezing account of companies for tax invasion will guarantee free flow of dollar in the parallel market then they should do so by freezing all politicians company's account not being selective about it. Rochas okorocha is a case study, he converted the state company to his own personal business, he never paid tax and pay rolled all the workers in the company to government account now that's a bright idea of the people that claim to be fighting corruption?.

Your Buhari has caused more harm than good since his reelection, the economic has been in recession since 2016 till date, believe the contrary to your own peril.

Lastly learn some manners it will take u far in life
Cheers
You still have alot to learn about economics! May be you should read further about the process, pains and gains of how nations developed!
Buhari problem is just because is not thief! If he's, he would have thrown crumble at you people and share the money. It seems that what you people understand!

Regarding the name calling, I expect an economist grin like you to know that the paragraph didn't flow together and extremely incoherent! Data said we aren't in recession but you choosed to believe we were since 2016! Stop hating Buhari! A blind hate will always affect your thinking and I'm always of best in manners with everybody!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Freeze Adebutu Kessington's Bank Accounts For "Tax Fraud" - Sahara Reporters by BabaIbo: 11:36am On Sep 06, 2020
Nicklaus619:

I am an economist and I can tell you for free that, sh what u said is 100% right. Cbn freezing baba ijebu account doesn't make any sense and does not effect the economy in any way, Buhari and his blind economic team are just dishing out stupid idea to justify their salary, mofos angry

Set awon economists wey no sabi read.
The accounts were frozen due to tax evasion...

1 Like

Re: CBN Freeze Adebutu Kessington's Bank Accounts For "Tax Fraud" - Sahara Reporters by Nicklaus619(m): 11:40am On Sep 06, 2020
kutashi:

You still have alot to learn about economics! May be you should read further about the process, pains and gains of how nations developed!
Buhari problem is just because is not thief! If he's, he would have thrown crumble at you people and share the money. It seems that what you people understand!

Regarding the name calling, I expect an economist grin like you to know that the paragraph didn't flow together and extremely incoherent! Data said we aren't in recession but you choosed to believe we were since 2016! Stop hating Buhari! A blind hate will always affect your thinking and I'm always of best in manners with everybody!

With all due respect sir. You haven't said nothing.
You beat around the bush and ended up making zero sense. Read what you have written and be the judge.
You have to know that statistics do not lie, forget what buhari economic team is presenting to y'all people to consume, I ain't hating no one, statistics says it all, u cant compare the affair of things now and that of Jonathans Era, buhari has remain the most bigotry president of the 21st century, and if you are supporting all his doings then y'all that voter him truly deserve what u getting.
Re: CBN Freeze Adebutu Kessington's Bank Accounts For "Tax Fraud" - Sahara Reporters by Nicklaus619(m): 11:42am On Sep 06, 2020
BabaIbo:

Set awon economists wey no sabi read.
The accounts were frozen due to tax evasion...

And that is the sole reason for free fall of naira against dollar Suddenly baba ijebu is the grand problem of Nigeria grin

Y'all are a joke cheesy
Re: CBN Freeze Adebutu Kessington's Bank Accounts For "Tax Fraud" - Sahara Reporters by BlueMurder(m): 11:51am On Sep 06, 2020
Simplyleo:
I'm not an Economist but I think the CBN got this wrong.

How can Baba Ijebu and 37 other companies be responsible for the free fall of the naira?

Blame the media outlet for 'cut & join' journalism.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Freeze Adebutu Kessington's Bank Accounts For "Tax Fraud" - Sahara Reporters by BabaIbo: 11:54am On Sep 06, 2020
Nicklaus619:

And that is the sole reason for free fall of naira against dollar Suddenly baba ijebu is the grand problem of Nigeria grin

Y'all are a joke cheesy

If you read news online frequently, you will notice that the other part is another news entirely.

Like the first part(tax evasion) where names were mentioned, is there anything like that in the other part(naira vs dollar)...

I guess the op copied the news wrongly from the source.

BTW, the point is the first part of the news is about tax evasion and not free fall.
Re: CBN Freeze Adebutu Kessington's Bank Accounts For "Tax Fraud" - Sahara Reporters by Sirwallace(m): 11:56am On Sep 06, 2020
A company as big as premier lotto is question for evading tax and what some people are saying here is witch hunting and 2023 election. company that makes millions of naira on a daily basis.

and this stupid lots here are the same people who compare Nigeria to the First world war country. if their citizens are sentimental and glorify fraus like this, will you be lusting after their country?

Nigeria is not such a bad country, but both the leaders and the followers are the terrible people.
Re: CBN Freeze Adebutu Kessington's Bank Accounts For "Tax Fraud" - Sahara Reporters by Sirwallace(m): 11:58am On Sep 06, 2020
Messi, Neymar even Bayern Munich president have all been questioned for tax evasion which they clearly obliged and clear their names, and pay their dues.

A company as big as premier lotto is question for evading tax and what some people are saying here is witch hunting and 2023 election. company that makes millions of naira on a daily basis.

and this stupid lots here are the same people who compare Nigeria to the First world war country. if their citizens are sentimental and glorify fraus like this, will you be lusting after their country?

Nigeria is not such a bad country, but both the leaders and the followers are the terrible people.
Re: CBN Freeze Adebutu Kessington's Bank Accounts For "Tax Fraud" - Sahara Reporters by agabusta: 12:16pm On Sep 06, 2020
Simplyleo:

How can Baba Ijebu and 37 other companies be responsible for the free fall of the naira?

It is Premium Times that is confusing its readers.

The report says Accounts frozen for Tax fraud, Premium Times on it's own introduced forex into the matter.
Re: CBN Freeze Adebutu Kessington's Bank Accounts For "Tax Fraud" - Sahara Reporters by agabusta: 12:18pm On Sep 06, 2020
Nicklaus619:

I read it bro, talking about tax evasion, believe me that most companies and industries own by some of our politicians don't pay tax, and most of these companies are multi-million companies, if making every companies and industries pays tax is what will stabilize the scarcity of dollars then they have to do the right thing and make sure everyone of those greedy politicians that have confiscated companies and industries own by state to their own personal companies should be checkmated and made to pay tax too. For instant rochas okorocha's company even after leaving the office had made all his staff working on his personal company to be payrolled in the state nominal role while be could not pay pensioners and owing civil servants salaries and arrears.

Those that make sense to you, especially the clueless government masturbation on irrelevant issues where the problems lays way beyond all of that

agabusta:

It is Premium Times that is confusing its readers.

The report says Accounts frozen for Tax fraud, Premium Times on it's own introduced forex into the matter.
Re: CBN Freeze Adebutu Kessington's Bank Accounts For "Tax Fraud" - Sahara Reporters by agabusta: 12:20pm On Sep 06, 2020
wirinet:

You are an economist but poor at English comprehension. If you read the report and comprehend, you will realise that there is no correlation between the free fall of the naira and freezing of Baba Ijebu and other's accounts. The accounts were frozen over " alleged tax fraud and economic sabotage "

The report then continued with;

I don't see how you guys could link the scarcity of dollars at the parallel market to the freezing of 38 accounts. Except you are telling us that they were Dollar accounts with millions of dollars.

Thank you Sir! I thought I was the only that noticed the nonsense Premium Times did with the report.

Out of the blues, they introduced forex into a matter of tax evasion.

I find it confusing that people read without digesting the content properly and making informed opinion.
Re: CBN Freeze Adebutu Kessington's Bank Accounts For "Tax Fraud" - Sahara Reporters by agabusta: 12:22pm On Sep 06, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:

In Nigeria we read with inbuilt Sentiment

I think so! Because the way some comments I've come across look so strange to the info in the report is mind boggling.
Re: CBN Freeze Adebutu Kessington's Bank Accounts For "Tax Fraud" - Sahara Reporters by agabusta: 12:26pm On Sep 06, 2020
kutashi:

Mumu economist! Which school if I may ask? What sense do you make of crap and disjointed information put up by Sahara nonsense called news! Is there any coherency in the information to you? Cut and paste news organisation to feed mumu like you! At any mention of Buhari, most of you just develop unlimited euphoria erection which will send you to early grave!

cheesy
Re: CBN Freeze Adebutu Kessington's Bank Accounts For "Tax Fraud" - Sahara Reporters by gnykelly(m): 1:06pm On Sep 06, 2020
Nicklaus619:

I am an economist and I can tell you for free that, sh what u said is 100% right. Cbn freezing baba ijebu account doesn't make any sense and does not effect the economy in any way, Buhari and his blind economic team are just dishing out stupid idea to justify their salary, mofos angry

an economist who doesn't know how tax fraud affect an economy.

who issued your certificate?
Re: CBN Freeze Adebutu Kessington's Bank Accounts For "Tax Fraud" - Sahara Reporters by ImFavoured(f): 1:08pm On Sep 06, 2020
Not a good one.

Check my signature
Re: CBN Freeze Adebutu Kessington's Bank Accounts For "Tax Fraud" - Sahara Reporters by Wronggee(m): 1:15pm On Sep 06, 2020
No worry Ur small change still dey Ur account grin grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: CBN Freeze Adebutu Kessington's Bank Accounts For "Tax Fraud" - Sahara Reporters by Nicklaus619(m): 1:55pm On Sep 06, 2020
gnykelly:

an economist who doesn't know how tax fraud affect an economy.

who issued your certificate?

Please read my other comments.
It's a witch hunt in this instance as it applies only to selected few because Nigerian politicians has privatise most government companies to their own personal use and paying tax, eg oshomole, rochas okorocha
Re: CBN Freeze Adebutu Kessington's Bank Accounts For "Tax Fraud" - Sahara Reporters by Kewe1975(m): 2:14pm On Sep 06, 2020
Simplyleo:

i just weak for this govt...see wetin tinubu cause n him to hope to be presido...we dey wait am
Re: CBN Freeze Adebutu Kessington's Bank Accounts For "Tax Fraud" - Sahara Reporters by Chirowman(m): 2:36pm On Sep 06, 2020
wahala ooo
Re: CBN Freeze Adebutu Kessington's Bank Accounts For "Tax Fraud" - Sahara Reporters by nogragra: 6:44pm On Sep 06, 2020
NwaNimo1:

http://saharareporters.com/2020/09/05/cbn-freezes-baba-ijebu-other-companies%E2%80%99-bank-accounts-dollar-scarcity-bites-harder

This tax matter is a facade
They are trying to disempowering potential sponsors of odua republic. I repeat come October 1st a civil disobedience must ensue as the government is lopsided and pro north and fulani killers
This must stop and structures put in place to negotiate and move yoruba people out of this contraption called Nigeria.
Re: CBN Freeze Adebutu Kessington's Bank Accounts For "Tax Fraud" - Sahara Reporters by kutashi: 6:59pm On Sep 06, 2020
Nicklaus619:

With all due respect sir. You haven't said nothing.
You beat around the bush and ended up making zero sense. Read what you have written and be the judge.
You have to know that statistics do not lie, forget what buhari economic team is presenting to y'all people to consume, I ain't hating no one, statistics says it all, u cant compare the affair of things now and that of Jonathans Era, buhari has remain the most bigotry president of the 21st century, and if you are supporting all his doings then y'all that voter him truly deserve what u getting.
Bureau of Statistics is telling lie! What do you want to believe? But you believed the high unemployment and inflation?
Can you tell me your the topic of your dissertation and where do you sourced your data? And NBC is Buhari economic team abi? You need to be examined!
Once again, Buhari will give you hypertension!
Re: CBN Freeze Adebutu Kessington's Bank Accounts For "Tax Fraud" - Sahara Reporters by Nicklaus619(m): 7:03pm On Sep 06, 2020
kutashi:

Bureau of Statistics is telling lie! What do you want to believe? But you believed the high unemployment and inflation?
Can you tell me your the topic of your dissertation and where do you sourced your data? And NBC is Buhari economic team abi? You need to be examined!
Once again, Buhari will give you hypertension!

Still didn't make any point.

Plus learn respect and manners it will sure take you far in life.
Re: CBN Freeze Adebutu Kessington's Bank Accounts For "Tax Fraud" - Sahara Reporters by kutashi: 11:18pm On Sep 06, 2020
Nicklaus619:

Still didn't make any point.

Plus learn respect and manners it will sure take you far in life.
U need brain modification if only what you said is making sense to you alone! I believed that's why you rushed to comment on an incoherent piece call news! U are even doing chest-beating calling yourself economist grin!

Bro! It has been a waste of time joining issue with one perpetual Buhari hater calling himself economist!

Finally, if this still doesn't make sense to you, please see your a medical expert ASAP!
Re: CBN Freeze Adebutu Kessington's Bank Accounts For "Tax Fraud" - Sahara Reporters by Nicklaus619(m): 11:52pm On Sep 06, 2020
kutashi:

U need brain modification if only what you said is making sense to you alone! I believed that's why you rushed to comment on an incoherent piece call news! U are even doing chest-beating calling yourself economist grin!

Bro! It has been a waste of time joining issue with one perpetual Buhari hater calling himself economist!

Finally, if this still doesn't make sense to you, please see your a medical expert ASAP !

You need to learn some manners and be respectful to every moniker u see on a faceless forum like here, it will take u very far in life, I am talking from experimental point of view.

Plus all you have been saying till now, is nothing but sycophantic, bias, baseless and unbalanced.
Until you get acquitted with reality of how rotten the economy has become under this administration then I will recommend you consult the library and read up all economic materials u can lay your hands on, it will do you a whole lot, then u can come so we talk else , I ain't saying nothing to you no more.

#shalom cool
Re: CBN Freeze Adebutu Kessington's Bank Accounts For "Tax Fraud" - Sahara Reporters by Harbeeorlar(m): 6:47am On Sep 07, 2020
No wonder nairabet are yet to pay my winnings since Friday.

Re: CBN Freeze Adebutu Kessington's Bank Accounts For "Tax Fraud" - Sahara Reporters by kutashi: 7:46am On Sep 07, 2020
Nicklaus619:

You need to learn some manners and be respectful to every moniker u see on a faceless forum like here, it will take u very far in life, I am talking from experimental point of view.

Plus all you have been saying till now, is nothing but sycophantic, bias, baseless and unbalanced.
Until you get acquitted with reality of how rotten the economy has become under this administration then I will recommend you consult the library and read up all economic materials u can lay your hands on, it will do you a whole lot, then u can come so we talk else , I ain't saying nothing to you no more.

#shalom cool
I doubt if you know what peace means!
Stop contradicting yourself please! You said, "statistics do not lie" but you personally choosed to believe we're in recession since 2016 when not IMF or World Bank with very sound data said not, if you choosed not to believe our own NBS!
Can you feel the heat of how people are questioning both your school and certificate.
I had pointed out so many things for you to understand simple economics and how nations developed but your summary has been 'no sense' and I'm economist (which to me lack basic dynamics understanding of how economy evolve and revolve) as a result of hatred in your heart which has turned it to 'opaque black'
The hatred has denied you to see sound reasons or hear good things and all you care is dwelling in the astray state hatred has led you to!
What a pity! Are you aware of how Oyedepo (of winners) disgraced himself on the altar because of hatred! A supposed chief winner defeating himself on the altar!
My advice for you, be at 'shalom' with your life and you will see how beautiful life is, even in difficult times! I have never tell you Buhari is the best but always "reasonably reason in any reason you put up as a reason"!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Owe A Microfinance Bank 600k, They Threaten To Jail Me, I Need Your Advice! / Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) / 20,000 Bank Accounts Closed By FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.