Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Drama As Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu Attend BBC Debate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Drama As Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu Attend BBC Debate (894 Views)

Ondo Election: Agboola Ajayi Shuns BBC Debate / "I Am Ready To Work With Obaseki" - Ize-Iyamu / Drama As Obaseki, Ize-iyamu Attend BBC Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drama As Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu Attend BBC Debate by prof2007: 4:05am On Sep 06, 2020
There was a mild drama Friday evening during a debate organised by BBC News Pidgin for candidates in the Sept 19 Edo State Governorship Election as Governor Godwin Obaseki excused himself from the debate just at the beginning. Obaseki, who is seeking re-election on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, had featured briefly in the virtual debate but stepped out to attend another meeting.

The governor asked the moderator and his co-panelists to allow his deputy, Philip Shaibu, to continue the debate in his stead. This development drew the ire of the All Progressives Congress candidate, Osagie Ize-Iyamu, who objected to the idea, insisting that he would not debate with Shaibu.

Obaseki said, “First, I wan’ thank una say una invite me come this programme, make we debate among ourselves, make we fit talk wetin we wan do for the people of Edo State. But make I first start by apologising. You see, as I dey now, I no dey Benin. I had to travel on emergency this evening come somewhere. And the meeting dey very important. But abi tell una, so my deputy dey on ground. E no get anything wey I dey do wey im no know. So, I say out of respect, make I first do this opening round, I will rush go the meeting, and hopefully my deputy go continue.”

Reacting, Ize-Iyamu said, “Abeg make I talk small for wetin Governor Obaseki talk. This debate na for governorship candidates, no be wetin den dey delegate. If he no go fit stay, he no go fit stay. But say he wan’ comot make im deputy go come dey follow us debate, I no get hand for that one. If he no dey ready, make im no say, he no wan’ debate with us. But if he wants to debate, he has to stay but me no go sit down with im deputy. If na deputy own, I go call my deputy make im come talk with im deputy. No be me and im deputy dey debate, na governorship debate.”

Obaseki later left Ize-Iyamu and Jones Osagiobare of the Young Progressives Party to continue with the debate. His deputy, Shaibu, did not, however, feature at the debate but the governor resurfaced after about an hour, towards the end of the debate. The two major candidates in the election had on Sunday shunned a governorship debate organised by the Esan Development and Transformation Initiative which was moderated by the Senior Pastor of Lagos-based church Trinity House, Ituah Ighodalo.

SOURCE: https://punchng.com/drama-as-obaseki-ize-iyamu-others-attend-bbc-debate-2/
Re: Drama As Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu Attend BBC Debate by yerokunphilips: 4:06am On Sep 06, 2020
People advising this guy will destroy him . I think he's still using advicers giving to me by Osho Baba . If not ,you won't leave the middle of an international debate . People will see it as disrespect to your people and may be you don't have anything to say .

1 Like

Re: Drama As Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu Attend BBC Debate by JaneYave(f): 4:14am On Sep 06, 2020
So this drama has gone international? At the end, a winner will emerge and that space is just for one person.We are watching!

1 Like

Re: Drama As Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu Attend BBC Debate by ipobarethieves: 4:33am On Sep 06, 2020
cool grin cheesy grin wink cheesy chai! Wind don blow,we don see the ineptitude,dumb, hopeless, misfortune,failure and Olodo OBASEKI runaway from debate.Why he nor call WIKE to com help him sad grin? Mumu gov

2 Likes

Re: Drama As Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu Attend BBC Debate by ipobarethieves: 4:37am On Sep 06, 2020
grin Yeye man.Dis one should join his friends ipodo yweets to dey hawk lacasa plus gala..He's dumb upstairs.

2 Likes

Re: Drama As Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu Attend BBC Debate by markidoo(m): 4:57am On Sep 06, 2020
moderators, co debators, panel of judges
Re: Drama As Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu Attend BBC Debate by LawLab247: 5:24am On Sep 06, 2020
Lol
Re: Drama As Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu Attend BBC Debate by judgementyard(m): 5:49am On Sep 06, 2020
EDO People,abeg make una shine una eyez Wella, make we know later hear stories that touches the heart.
Buhari comes to mind

1 Like

Re: Drama As Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu Attend BBC Debate by alwayslearning9: 5:51am On Sep 06, 2020
cheesy election o
Re: Drama As Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu Attend BBC Debate by Nobody: 5:53am On Sep 06, 2020
4+4 Torgba
Re: Drama As Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu Attend BBC Debate by Nobody: 6:18am On Sep 06, 2020
ipobarethieves:
grin Yeye man.Dis one should join his friends ipodo yweets to dey hawk lacasa plus gala..He's dumb upstairs.

Re: Drama As Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu Attend BBC Debate by ipobarethieves: 8:16am On Sep 06, 2020
Abouwaza:
4+0 korgba.
We dnt want a dummy there

1 Like

Re: Drama As Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu Attend BBC Debate by Virginnn(f): 10:52am On Sep 06, 2020
ipobarethieves:
cool grin cheesy grin wink cheesy chai! Wind don blow,we don see the ineptitude,dumb, hopeless, misfortune,failure and Olodo OBASEKI runaway from debate.Why he nor call WIKE to com help him sad grin? Mumu gov
Buhari has never honoured the call for a Presidential debate, yet he won twice.
Who debate help?
Winning elections in Nigeria is based more on emotions than reason.
Re: Drama As Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu Attend BBC Debate by TheChameleon: 11:22am On Sep 06, 2020
grin

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu And Buhari As The Modern Day Afonja And Alimi / Top John Hopkins Economist And Professor Calls Buhari "Sleepy Buhari" / Lai Mohammed Mocks CNN Over Clarification Of Massacre Tweet.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.