Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

How Can We Wait On The Lord? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can We Wait On The Lord? (331 Views)

Is Donald Trump Still The Last Trump Or Shall We Wait For Another? / Wait On The Lord / "I Have Seen My House In Heaven, I Can't Wait To Go" - Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can We Wait On The Lord? by Baiysam(m): 9:32am On Sep 06, 2020
This question has been troubling me since yesterday. Please I need more clarification from fellow brothers in faith. Thanks
Re: How Can We Wait On The Lord? by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 06, 2020
Baiysam:
This question has been troubling me since yesterday. Please I need more clarification from fellow brothers in faith. Thanks

My name is Maximus69, i'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses, am i permitted to answer to you from the scriptures?

Just signify by responding "YES" or ignore my post! smiley
Re: How Can We Wait On The Lord? by Baiysam(m): 9:59am On Sep 06, 2020
Maximus69:

My name is Maximus69, i'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses, am i permitted to answer to you from the scriptures?

Just signify by responding "YES" or ignore my post! smiley

YES
Re: How Can We Wait On The Lord? by Deborah98(f): 10:05am On Sep 06, 2020
By reminding God of His promises...
Re: How Can We Wait On The Lord? by Baiysam(m): 10:08am On Sep 06, 2020
Deborah98:
By reminding God of His promises...

Ok? That's all?
Re: How Can We Wait On The Lord? by Nobody: 10:19am On Sep 06, 2020
Baiysam:

YES

Waiting simply means you're already on your way to somewhere but for some reasons best known to you, you're hesitating to continue going.

Note that the admission said "Wait ON the Lord" not "Wait FOR the Lord", so it means relying ON the promises of our Master, Lord and King (Christ Jesus)

Many are desperately looking for worldly riches, they just want to acquire all there is now, and they can trade their souls for what they desire {Mark 8:36} Satan and his demons are speedily increasing the side attractions like music and movies promoting promiscuity in the society and making so many flashy things to make the LOVE for God in the minds of honest hearted and sincere ones grow cold {Matthew 24:12} many religions are also springing up teaching prosperity and worldly possessions but all these things doesn't align with the will of God {1John 2:15-16} So it will all pass away {1John 2:17} but those who hope in God's kingdom promises will humbly WAIT in righteousness for him! Psalms 37:7-11

God bless you! smiley
Re: How Can We Wait On The Lord? by Deborah98(f): 10:23am On Sep 06, 2020
Baiysam:

Ok? That's all?
okay read Isaiah 43:26, make a strong bargain with God on why He should bless you, favor you and answer your prayers. I use that passage also.
Re: How Can We Wait On The Lord? by Baiysam(m): 1:01pm On Sep 06, 2020
Deborah98:
okay read Isaiah 43:26, make a strong bargain with God on why He should bless you, favor you and answer your prayers. I use that passage also.

Thanks alot
Re: How Can We Wait On The Lord? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:49pm On Sep 06, 2020
Baiysam:

The first law you ought to fulfill is, "Is the Lord your Lord, that He should come to you?"

(1) (Reply)

God Could Look Like A 20ft Gorilla / Is There God? / Scriptutally, You're Free To Divorce Your Wife If You Notice She's Not A Virgin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.