Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,214 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

Legacy Isankiri Ancient Egyptian Language Trade Words Found In Modern English - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Legacy Isankiri Ancient Egyptian Language Trade Words Found In Modern English (236 Views)

Senators Trade Words Over ₦‎29 Trillion Ways And Means Funds / Words From Ancient Egyptian Legal System Found In Modern English / Makinde, Oyo Government Trade Words Over Alleged Last-Minute Spending (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Legacy Isankiri Ancient Egyptian Language Trade Words Found In Modern English by computergenius(m): 9:47am On Sep 06, 2020
ti-ira-de: trade: the sales is come.
ti-ri-ibu-ti-e: tribute: seen your own cut.
ba-nke: bank: meet for caring.
kan-tara-kata: contract : things we buy to sell.
ri-she: rich: well to do.
mo-ni: money: I own.
mi-ta: meter: I sell.
mar-ta: matter: keep on sales.
je-ewa-e-a-leri: jewelery: lets us see your beauty better.
or-ni-a-m'eni-ti-o-se: ornament: you wear it and we know who you are.
kan-di: candy: wrapped thing.
kar-ohun-ti: count: number the things.
ar-kar-ohun-ti: account: we count the things.
o-je-ni-sin-yi: urgency: has to be now.
o-si-je-ni-sin-yi: exigency: has to be immediately.
ko-ni-ti-je-ni-sin-yi: contigency: does not have to be immediately.
o-be-rey: obey: you ask.
or-dari : order : your directives.
bu-ile-dar : build : pack soil to create.
ri-eni-ti: rent: see the person to pay.
ti-eni-a-nti : tenant : the person next to us.
emi-p'ile: empire: I established.
ti-emi-p'ile: temple: that I established.
a-de-ndun-mi: addendum: we come to a complaint.
sor-mi-ti: summit: my talk at.
fi: fee: with.

1 Like

Re: Legacy Isankiri Ancient Egyptian Language Trade Words Found In Modern English by fjjc(m): 9:52am On Sep 06, 2020
The meaning of all these are required.
Re: Legacy Isankiri Ancient Egyptian Language Trade Words Found In Modern English by computergenius(m): 10:02am On Sep 06, 2020
I think you need to read it again. The meaning of each word has been supplied.
Re: Legacy Isankiri Ancient Egyptian Language Trade Words Found In Modern English by mandarin: 11:02am On Sep 06, 2020
Hmn.
Re: Legacy Isankiri Ancient Egyptian Language Trade Words Found In Modern English by computergenius(m): 2:38pm On Sep 06, 2020
LEGACY TRADE WORDS FROM ISANKIRI ANCIENT EGYPTIAN LANGUAGE FOUND IN ENGLISH

o-je-ni-isin-yi : urgency : it has to be immediate.

hi-ar-bor : harbour : our men return.

ki-o-mar-si : commerce : that there would be.

paro-fi-ta : profit: sales by exchange.

bar-e-tar : barter : sell for you.
a-mor-ou-nta : amount : we add all you are selling.

tire-a-shur-e : treasure : we protect yours.

tire-ar-ita : treaty : yours and ours trade.

ki-ar-ti-e : cart : that we push you.

ki-ar-ri-o-nti : chariot : that we see you pushing it.

My post above refers. There is substantial evidence that there was massive trade in the ancient times between the people of Southern Europe and the people of Northern Africa. There was also an even greater volume of trade between the people of the middle-east and western europeans through Mesopotamia and Anatolia. As a result of these trades many legacy trade words of African origin found their way into European languages.

(1) (Reply)

Review Panel Says, Ogun Needs N218bn To Complete Daniel, Amosun's Projects / EDO 2020: Livestream From Govt House / Violence Mars PDP Congress In Niger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.