Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,637 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

My Doubt In The Existence Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Doubt In The Existence Of God (1563 Views)

Forget Personal Beliefs And Sentiments, Let Us Discuss The Existence Of God / Why You Have No Reason To Doubt A Snake Swallowed 36 Million Naira. / Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Doubt In The Existence Of God by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 06, 2020
Growing up, the idea of a supreme being who is all knowing and overseeing was constantly being fed to me. As I grew up, I understood the same ideas were fed to other kids around me. But the one question that has never left me was, why would God not be singular if he was indeed omnipotent? Why would there be Muslims and some Christians? That was my level of thinking while still a child growing up and maybe that was the amount of reasoning my mind could accommodate.

Years later I got to understand there are many other religions apart from Islam and Christianity. Then the question became, which of the God is responsible for hardship, why is the so much pain, hunger and errors in life? Along the way, I discovered the most heinous crimes were perpetrated by clerics who says they act on behalf of a God. The God has never denied it. I discovered humanity doesn't thrieve on compassion but hatred, deceit and selfishness.

Without the doubt, if there was indeed a God, pain and hunger entertains him. He doesn't care about what happens on Earth; it's safe to conclude THERE IS NO GOD

THE wise says in his heart there is no God, it's up to you to make the world a better place.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Doubt In The Existence Of God by falcon01: 2:11pm On Sep 06, 2020
grin grin the amount of Unbelievers ehhnnn
Re: My Doubt In The Existence Of God by MJBOLT: 2:16pm On Sep 06, 2020
embrace the LIGHT(Atheism) and flee from DARKNESS(Religion)

2 Likes

Re: My Doubt In The Existence Of God by blazepascal(m): 2:24pm On Sep 06, 2020
in time of Sodom.and Gomorrah there was God right?? but the people there were committing different kind of sin, they thought there was no supreme being, they lived fake life at the end what happened, God destroyed the city , if not for the promise God made our world would have been destroyed. God is just patient he wants everybody to repent there must be trial and tribulation but you have to be strong.
Re: My Doubt In The Existence Of God by Lessonteacher(f): 2:30pm On Sep 06, 2020
MJBOLT:
embrace the LIGHT(Atheism) and flee from DARKNESS(Religion)
do you really believe there's no god?
Re: My Doubt In The Existence Of God by Nobody: 2:34pm On Sep 06, 2020
falcon01:
grin grin the amount of Unbelievers ehhnnn

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Doubt In The Existence Of God by Chimaobi302(m): 2:38pm On Sep 06, 2020
It's only a Fool that will say in his heart that there is no God.
All I see in your post is hatred and pain,
Time people say, " is a healer "
Let's watch and see if your believe can stand the test of time as you age,
You will one day, come to realize that this world we live in and life itself Is SPIRITUAL,
Do have a nice day..
Shalom.

1 Like

Re: My Doubt In The Existence Of God by falcon01: 2:43pm On Sep 06, 2020
cruxgemmata:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
e dey sweet me as things dey scatter like that grin

1 Like

Re: My Doubt In The Existence Of God by Viktoreze(m): 3:13pm On Sep 06, 2020
BLUELemon:
Growing up, the idea of a supreme being who is all knowing and overseeing was constantly being fed to me. As I grew up, I understood the same ideas were fed to other kids around me. But the one question that has never left me was, why would God not be singular if he was indeed omnipotent? Why would there be Muslims and some Christians? That was my level of thinking while still a child growing up and maybe that was the amount of reasoning my mind could accommodate.

Years later I got to understand there are many other religions apart from Islam and Christianity. Then the question became, which of the God is responsible for hardship, why is the so much pain, hunger and errors in life? Along the way, I discovered the most heinous crimes were perpetrated by clerics who says they act on behalf of a God. The God has never denied it. I discovered humanity doesn't thrieve on compassion but hatred, deceit and selfishness.

Without the doubt, if there was indeed a God, pain and hunger entertains him. He doesn't care about what happens on Earth; it's safe to conclude THERE IS NO GOD

THE wise says in his heart there is no God, it's up to you to make the world a better place.
My brother, At the time when I had ceased to believe in God due to the problems I encountered in my life and being exposed to various misleading ideas and literature, there was nothing anyone could have said at that time to turn me away from that path of destruction which I was headed because I thought I was so sure that if there was a God he wouldn't leave me to suffer in that manner smiley. But our ever faithful Heavenly Father who is Eternal knows that the life of man is like a grain of sand in a desert in comparison to eternity therefore, he is always patient with us.
So he takes his time to pre-ordain those series of events which will shock us into the realization of the pointlessness of our existence without him. God loves you my brother.

1 Like

Re: My Doubt In The Existence Of God by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 06, 2020
There is GOD.

1 Like

Re: My Doubt In The Existence Of God by illicit(m): 4:24pm On Sep 06, 2020
There are supernatural powers but religion isn't necessary

1 Like

Re: My Doubt In The Existence Of God by kingxsamz(m): 4:25pm On Sep 06, 2020
There is NO GOD.
Hard fact: most people are either Christians or Muslims simply because they were born into either of those religion.
If dem born you for one village for China, you won't be on Nairaland preaching hellfire.

2 Likes

Re: My Doubt In The Existence Of God by kingxsamz(m): 4:28pm On Sep 06, 2020
blazepascal:
in time of Sodom.and Gomorrah there was God right?? but the people there were committing different kind of sin, they thought there was no supreme being, they lived fake life at the end what happened, God destroyed the city , if not for the promise God made our world would have been destroyed. God is just patient he wants everybody to repent there must be trial and tribulation but you have to be strong.

How can you say your god is patient and waiting for everyone to repent when he already knows the amount of people that'll end up in hell and heaven?
It's more like watching a movie you've already seen ten times.

1 Like

Re: My Doubt In The Existence Of God by kingxsamz(m): 4:29pm On Sep 06, 2020
Chimaobi302:
It's only a Fool that will say in his heart that there is no God.

The wise ones say it out loud.

2 Likes

Re: My Doubt In The Existence Of God by Dtruthspeaker: 4:32pm On Sep 06, 2020
grin Hunger and Pain don chop dis one like mosquito!

Una no know what Trouble-lations means.

But it is Written "even in their hot sufferings and pain they will not repent!"
Re: My Doubt In The Existence Of God by xproducer: 4:56pm On Sep 06, 2020
Folly of the Godless, and God’s Final Triumph

"The fool has said in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, They have done abominable works, There is none who does good." - Psalm 14:1

------------------
"But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." - Hebrews 11:6

1 Like

Re: My Doubt In The Existence Of God by MrColdsweat: 5:04pm On Sep 06, 2020
BLUELemon:

According to the bible, God created humans. He communed and fellowshipped with them until they decided to disobey him and listen to the devil. Humans fell from God's grace and was left to himself. This is what you see in the world today. The destruction of the world is as a result of humans being entrusted to themselves. It has nothing to do with God. Unfortunately, Satan rules the earth. He has set in place, a trap to keep humans forever away from God's light. That is what you see in today's world. Humans are barely concerned about spirituality. All we are concerned about is money and stupid ideologies an "ISMS" (feminism, atheism etc).

There is a way back to God, which is love. Christ already showed us how to get back to God. Love your neighbor, give to the poor etc.

There's nothing complex about Christianity. It's very simple. It's just unfortunatel that our criminal pastors have decided to ruin it with their greed and half-education.

1 Like

Re: My Doubt In The Existence Of God by Dtruthspeaker: 5:10pm On Sep 06, 2020
MrColdsweat:

According to the bible, God created humans. He communed and fellowshipped with them until they decided to disobey him and listen to the devil. Humans fell from God's grace and was left to himself. This is what you see in the world today. The destruction of the world is as a result of humans being entrusted to themselves. It has nothing to do with God. Unfortunately, Satan rules the earth. He has set in place, a trap to keep humans forever away from God's light. That is what you see in today's world. Humans are barely concerned about spirituality. All we are concerned about is money and stupid ideologies an "ISMS" (feminism, atheism etc).

There is a way back to God, which is love. Christ already showed us how to get back to God. Love your neighbor, give to the poor etc.

There's nothing complex about Christianity. It's very simple. It's just unfortunatel that our criminal pastors have decided to ruin it with their greed and half-education.

Even if the Fire from the Lord as it was for Sodom and Gomorrah, fell on them and their heads and houses, many of them would not still turn from their foolish, wicked and self-destructive ways, As Written!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Doubt In The Existence Of God by Nobody: 5:41pm On Sep 06, 2020
BLUELemon:

(1)Why would God not be singular if he was indeed omnipotent?
The concept of Omnipotence is a misconception the true God is NOT Omnipotent! undecided
According to the Bible there are so many things he can't do, not because he doesn't have the power but it goes against his principles!

(2)Why would there be Muslims and some Christians?
There are mighty spirit beings God first created before he made the earth, they're the ones responsible for the complexity in worship, the true God is just one and the form of worship (Religion) he approves is just one!

(3)Which of the God is responsible for hardship?
They're creatures both spirits and their human counterparts who wants to rule as Gods but they don't have the wisdom so their rulership led to hardship! Ecclesiastes 4:1,8:9

(4)Why is there so much pain, hunger and errors in life?

The suffering like sickness, crime, injustice and so on are all consequences of the wrong choice our first parents made when they decided to become gods to themselves instead of subjecting themselves to the Creator!

As for those who say "there is no God" the Bible wasn't primarily referring to your type because you are asking thought provoking questions that requires urgent response. Rather it refers to individuals who openly confess "there is God" but deep down in their hearts they don't have any regard for any God! {Psalms 53:1 compare to 2Timothy 3:5} they're disguising as believers whereas they are crooked men seizing the opportunity to defraud the innocent ones! smiley
Re: My Doubt In The Existence Of God by malvisguy212: 7:51pm On Sep 06, 2020
BLUELemon:

God exit and Jesus has made Him known to us . People say, "Suffering is God's fault!", conveniently forgetting times our own anger, greed and lies hurt others too . We are so far from being innocent that we owe our very existence to sin.
Re: My Doubt In The Existence Of God by Image123(m): 9:55pm On Sep 06, 2020
kingxsamz:

The wise ones say it out loud.

Actually, it is the big fool that says it out. The biggest fool finds time to type it out. Get the fact right.
Re: My Doubt In The Existence Of God by Image123(m): 9:59pm On Sep 06, 2020
kingxsamz:
There is NO GOD.
Hard fact: most people are either Christians or Muslims simply because they were born into either of those religion.
If dem born you for one village for China, you won't be on Nairaland preaching hellfire.

Some of the greatest Christians that ever lived were Chinese. Ever heard of Watchman Nee? Village boy with village mindset.
Re: My Doubt In The Existence Of God by kingxsamz(m): 10:01pm On Sep 06, 2020
Image123:

Actually, it is the big fool that says it out. The biggest fool finds time to type it out. Get the fact right.

Eyah. Says who?
Your imaginary god?
Re: My Doubt In The Existence Of God by kingxsamz(m): 10:02pm On Sep 06, 2020
Image123:

Some of the greatest Christians that ever lived were Chinese. Ever heard of Watchman Nee? Village boy with village mindset.

Eyah.
Some?
Why are they burning your churches now?
Re: My Doubt In The Existence Of God by Image123(m): 10:02pm On Sep 06, 2020
kingxsamz:

Eyah. Says who?
Your imaginary god?

It is as clear as noonday.
Re: My Doubt In The Existence Of God by Image123(m): 10:05pm On Sep 06, 2020
kingxsamz:

Eyah.
Some?
Why are they burning your churches now?

Oh so now you are suddenly aware that there are churches and Christians in China. But you were sleep talking when you typed that someone born in China would not preach Christ. Confused Sam. CS

1 Like

Re: My Doubt In The Existence Of God by kingxsamz(m): 10:11pm On Sep 06, 2020
Image123:

Oh so now you are suddenly aware that there are churches and Christians in China. But you were sleep talking when you typed that someone born in China would not preach Christ. Confused Sam. CS

What part of "a village in China" don't you understand?
Or you'll lie to yourself that Christianity is dominant in China?
If you're born in China, the probability that you'll leave your tradition and become a Christian is very low. Unless you want to lie to yourself.
Re: My Doubt In The Existence Of God by Image123(m): 10:30pm On Sep 06, 2020
kingxsamz:

What part of "a village in China" don't you understand?
Or you'll lie to yourself that Christianity is dominant in China?
If you're born in China, the probability that you'll leave your tradition and become a Christian is very low. Unless you want to lie to yourself.

China has over 60million people professing as Christians despite the harsh harsh harassment. Wake up and smell the coffee. Stop living on the lies that senior fools fed you that Christians are only in Africa or that if you are not born in Nigerian villages, you can't be Christian.
Re: My Doubt In The Existence Of God by kingxsamz(m): 10:39pm On Sep 06, 2020
Image123:

China has over 60million people professing as Christians despite the harsh harsh harassment. Wake up and smell the coffee. Stop living on the lies that senior fools fed you that Christians are only in Africa or that if you are not born in Nigerian villages, you can't be Christian.

Sorry, I consider that very low.
The odds of being born a Christian in China is very low. You can keep lying to yourself but my point still stands. Same way you won't be preaching Christ if you were born in Iraq.

Re: My Doubt In The Existence Of God by Image123(m): 10:50pm On Sep 06, 2020
kingxsamz:

Sorry, I consider that very low.
The odds of being born a Christian in China is very low. You can keep lying to yourself but my point still stands. Same way you won't be preaching Christ if you were born in Iraq.

Jesus Christ said there are few that find the way of life while many go the broad way. It's not a contest of popularity. The discussion is that people born in China don't preach Jesus. Now i show you 60million people born in China who openly profess to be Christian despite the persecution there. Then you shift goal to they are few. Are you ever serious at all?
Re: My Doubt In The Existence Of God by kingxsamz(m): 11:45pm On Sep 06, 2020
Image123:

Jesus Christ said there are few that find the way of life while many go the broad way. It's not a contest of popularity. The discussion is that people born in China don't preach Jesus. Now i show you 60million people born in China who openly profess to be Christian despite the persecution there. Then you shift goal to they are few. Are you ever serious at all?

Image123:

My comment was
If dem born you for one village for China, you won't be here preaching Christ.

Where in my comment did I say, if one was born in China, he won't be a Christian?
Or you think I was ignorant of the fact that there are Christians in China? undecided
And no, the discussion isn't about China having Christians, the discussion is about your god sending people to hell for something which isn't their fault.
And that's the point I was trying to make.
You're acting like you have comprehension issues, so you avoid the main point and look for something else to talk about.
If you were born in Iraq, Pakistan, India or Iran, chances of you believing in Christ is very low, Yes or no?
You'd reject the Christian god as the true god, yes or no? undecided
Re: My Doubt In The Existence Of God by Image123(m): 2:20am On Sep 07, 2020
kingxsamz:

My comment was

Where in my comment did I say, if one was born in China, he won't be a Christian?
Or you think I was ignorant of the fact that there are Christians in China? undecided
And no, the discussion isn't about China having Christians, the discussion is about your god sending people to hell for something which isn't their fault.
And that's the point I was trying to make.
You're acting like you have comprehension issues, so you avoid the main point and look for something else to talk about.
If you were born in Iraq, Pakistan, India or Iran, chances of you believing in Christ is very low, Yes or no?
You'd reject the Christian god as the true god, yes or no? undecided

You were born in Nigeria, you so far have zero chance of being a Christian. At least, you have never been one. As predictable, your comment is found useless and meaningless. Because now, you are arguing that the Christians in China are not in the villages but in the cities. If more than 60million human beings born in China are Christians, on what rationale/basis do you crazily assert that one won't be preaching Christ if born in China?
And yes, our discussion was about wonderful Christians in China and from China. You can go back to check, you are too young to exhibit amnesiac symptoms. We were not together discussing God sending you to hell. There are people in Iraq, Pakistan, India or Iran in their millions who are Christians. They are being killed every time, or you are ignorant again? The truth remains that the person that will believe in Christ will believe. And the person that will refuse to believe will not believe even if in the middle of a billion Christians. You have no point or excuse. Someone born in the midst of religion and millions of Christians is saying he's not a Christian because some people are not born like him. Senseless in every way. It is like someone in Silicon Valley refusing education because the people in Samuels village are not likely to be educated. It's preposterous and laughable at once as you see.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Christians And Muslims believe That Peoplewith Other religion Will Go To Hell / The 42 Laws Of Maat In Kemet’ (the Original 10 Commandments Of The Bible) / Bounties Of Jannat (paradise)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.