Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

See List Of Marriage Items Reportedly Made By A Nigerian Family - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See List Of Marriage Items Reportedly Made By A Nigerian Family (2212 Views)

18 States Attracted No Foreign Investment From 2021 -2023 (see List) / APC State, Chapter And Ward Officers Declare For Udom Emmanuel And PDP (See List / Reformed APC’ Names Leaders (SEE LIST) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See List Of Marriage Items Reportedly Made By A Nigerian Family by Micheal35: 3:10pm On Sep 06, 2020
A Facebook user Maduabuchi posted a family's 3-page list of marriage items for all intending grooms.

The list made by one Ezekiel's family includes items for the bride's parents, family, uncles, aunt, youths,young girls, and children.

See list of marriage items reportedly made by a Nigerian family

https://www.hotfrom9ja.com/2020/09/see-list-of-marriage-items-reportedly.html?m=1

Re: See List Of Marriage Items Reportedly Made By A Nigerian Family by NwaNimo1(m): 3:11pm On Sep 06, 2020
Imo.... na so old single woman full that state.grin
Re: See List Of Marriage Items Reportedly Made By A Nigerian Family by akinreals: 3:16pm On Sep 06, 2020
Face mask no dey there now, this list never complete abeg, their daughters go grow gray hair for their house. Nonsense and ingredients angry grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See List Of Marriage Items Reportedly Made By A Nigerian Family by kelechi50: 3:17pm On Sep 06, 2020
Hmm inside marriage and what is the bride coming to the table with undecided

2 Likes

Re: See List Of Marriage Items Reportedly Made By A Nigerian Family by tesseract: 3:21pm On Sep 06, 2020
This is pure extortion, a legal robbery... grin

3 Likes

Re: See List Of Marriage Items Reportedly Made By A Nigerian Family by inoki247: 3:24pm On Sep 06, 2020
lol football Fifa type maybe they should add Playstation with Chewing Gum as the list neva complete they also need iTuness Card nd Bitcoiin...

5 Likes

Re: See List Of Marriage Items Reportedly Made By A Nigerian Family by joelbooks: 3:25pm On Sep 06, 2020
Good one, the guy ask for it. That is why Pastor Ola advised on the type of girl you should never married

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VclYF0ApurY
Re: See List Of Marriage Items Reportedly Made By A Nigerian Family by elantraceey(f): 3:33pm On Sep 06, 2020
This one are selling the child, nor be marriage cheesy
Re: See List Of Marriage Items Reportedly Made By A Nigerian Family by Charmingrascal(m): 3:39pm On Sep 06, 2020
You mean the list is for all their female children?

Re: See List Of Marriage Items Reportedly Made By A Nigerian Family by CzarChris(m): 3:46pm On Sep 06, 2020
gringringrin
The truth is that this whole list of a thing is negotiable in Igbo culture, the groom probably won't do up to a quarter of what is on that list. But some guys even go as far as doubling what's on the list as a kind of show off. If you've ever been where a list is being bargained it's kinda fun. Elders from this side and elders from that side sit down and scrutinize the list. That's how it's done.

All these cheap internet blackmail of Igbo culture is laughable because, you still see people getting married every weekend. They will bring the list online to mock Igbos, but they won't tell you what they actually paid as bride price.

If you think this list is big, go to Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Ikwerre or the Kalabari people of Rivers State. You will faint when you see the list a colleague of mine back in 2010 spent around 5.8million on his Kalabari girlfriend's bride's list.

3 Likes

Re: See List Of Marriage Items Reportedly Made By A Nigerian Family by Ericraymond01(m): 3:56pm On Sep 06, 2020
Hmmmm na wah. This extortion is among other reasons why most young girls remain unmarried.
Re: See List Of Marriage Items Reportedly Made By A Nigerian Family by Luckydubby7(m): 4:39pm On Sep 06, 2020
This is too much nah
My Igbo people why nah
Re: See List Of Marriage Items Reportedly Made By A Nigerian Family by abobote: 4:44pm On Sep 06, 2020
Umuahia people gave me this kind of list 4years ago, I have to forget the marriage and settle for a baby mama
Re: See List Of Marriage Items Reportedly Made By A Nigerian Family by Telegram234(m): 4:47pm On Sep 06, 2020
And after paying this, the same woman go dey tell me say women and men should have the same rights...
Hmm. Shm.
I laugh in flying colours
cheesy . .

1 Like

Re: See List Of Marriage Items Reportedly Made By A Nigerian Family by History555: 4:48pm On Sep 06, 2020
It can be negotiated unless they want their daughter to grow grey hair
Re: See List Of Marriage Items Reportedly Made By A Nigerian Family by IamWonderful: 4:50pm On Sep 06, 2020
igbos, is marriage poverty alleviation program?

3 Likes

Re: See List Of Marriage Items Reportedly Made By A Nigerian Family by IamWonderful: 4:54pm On Sep 06, 2020
All these things for one public lavatory
Re: See List Of Marriage Items Reportedly Made By A Nigerian Family by Nobody: 4:55pm On Sep 06, 2020
I no fit laugh o grin
Re: See List Of Marriage Items Reportedly Made By A Nigerian Family by Nobody: 4:55pm On Sep 06, 2020
IamWonderful:
igbos, is marriage poverty alleviation program?
The thing shock me cheesy

1 Like

Re: See List Of Marriage Items Reportedly Made By A Nigerian Family by loommoney: 4:58pm On Sep 06, 2020
This is Akwa ibom list. That is why their girls fvck up and down for free. No husband
Re: See List Of Marriage Items Reportedly Made By A Nigerian Family by Tonymegabush1(m): 5:37pm On Sep 06, 2020
Any family that gives me such list, I will call them all, papa, mama, brothers n sister even with the lady am to marry I will just tell them when they are ready for us to reason marriage they should Holla at me and my ppl.......

I hate unnessarily stress

1 Like

Re: See List Of Marriage Items Reportedly Made By A Nigerian Family by BlackfireX: 5:48pm On Sep 06, 2020
Fake news
Re: See List Of Marriage Items Reportedly Made By A Nigerian Family by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 06, 2020
Anyone can type and print such nonsense just to trend. Nothing special about it

1 Like

Re: See List Of Marriage Items Reportedly Made By A Nigerian Family by Naijabad: 5:57pm On Sep 06, 2020
I have said it before and I will say it again, Igbo girls are not cheap. They are viable assets.

If you are looking for very cheap girls that cost little or nothing, please look towards Yoruba girls or northern girls. They are very very cheap.
Re: See List Of Marriage Items Reportedly Made By A Nigerian Family by Shadowalkar: 2:31pm On Aug 07, 2021
History555:
It can be negotiated unless they want their daughter to grow grey hair
sure
Re: See List Of Marriage Items Reportedly Made By A Nigerian Family by Shadowalkar: 2:36pm On Aug 07, 2021
CzarChris:
gringringrin
The truth is that this whole list of a thing is negotiable in Igbo culture, the groom probably won't do up to a quarter of what is on that list. But some guys even go as far as doubling what's on the list as a kind of show off. If you've ever been where a list is being bargained it's kinda fun. Elders from this side and elders from that side sit down and scrutinize the list. That's how it's done.

All these cheap internet blackmail of Igbo culture is laughable because, you still see people getting married every weekend. They will bring the list online to mock Igbos, but they won't tell you what they actually paid as bride price.

If you think this list is big, go to Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Ikwerre or the Kalabari people of Rivers State. You will faint when you see the list a colleague of mine back in 2010 spent around 5.8million on his Kalabari girlfriend's bride's list.
you are right last last na small money him go pay so is not composly to pay what's in the list

1 Like

Re: See List Of Marriage Items Reportedly Made By A Nigerian Family by Shadowalkar: 2:39pm On Aug 07, 2021
Micheal35:
A Facebook user Maduabuchi posted a family's 3-page list of marriage items for all intending grooms.

The list made by one Ezekiel's family includes items for the bride's parents, family, uncles, aunt, youths,young girls, and children.

https://www.hotfrom9ja.com/2020/09/see-list-of-marriage-items-reportedly.html?m=1
I believe is composly to pay everything that's in the list, because I what I see in that list past money to buy land oo
Re: See List Of Marriage Items Reportedly Made By A Nigerian Family by Shadowalkar: 2:46pm On Aug 07, 2021
I don't even know where to start n read, if I happen to be the girl I will just park n follow the man, shikina
Re: See List Of Marriage Items Reportedly Made By A Nigerian Family by Shadowalkar: 2:48pm On Aug 07, 2021
Which one be walking stick y not wheelchair
����

(1) (Reply)

South African President, Ramaphosa Reveals Preferred Candidate For WTO DG / #EndSARS: See What Timi Frank Is Tweeting From Dubai / Post Predictions About "Northern Food Embargo"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.