Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,526 members, 7,816,283 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Crowther Graduate Theological Seminary Gets A New Rector - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Crowther Graduate Theological Seminary Gets A New Rector (135 Views)

How A Teacher Flogged & Injured My Cousin At Nsude Seminary School (Graphic) / Ajayi Crowther University Students Locked Outside Overnight For Coming Late / Gov. Bello Appoints New Rector For Kogi Polytechnic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Crowther Graduate Theological Seminary Gets A New Rector by Nobody: 10:33pm On Sep 06, 2020
The Primate of the Church of Nigeria, the Most Rev Henry Ndukuba, has appointed the Venerable Professor Taiye Aluko as the new Rector of Crowther Graduate Theological Seminary, Igbein, Abeokuta, with effect from September 1, 2020.
Before his appointment, Professor Aluko was the Head of the Department of Religious Studies of Ajayi Crowther University, Oyo State. He is a biblical scholar of great repute and a distinguished professor with scholarly publications in reputable journals.

Aluko was one of the three Professors that attended the recent interview for the position of the Rector of Crowther Graduate Seminary.

In his acceptance speech, Aluko said: “I have studied the mandate as given, and I shall by the grace of God work to execute the terms as specified in the letter of my appointment with the help of God. While I look forward to doing all within my ability as required sir, I crave that you will commit me to God as I go with your approval to do all that has been assigned. I promise to be firm and diligent in the discharge of my duties. More importantly, I will be honest with the vision, while ensuring that I keep to the established mandate in the discharge of my duties. More importantly, I will be honest with the vision, while ensuring that I keep to the established mandate in the discharge of all assigned duties. So help me God.”

The position of the Rector CGTS became vacant with the retirement of the former Rector, the Rt. Rev (Professor) Andrew O. Igenoza early this year. Professor Aluko will take over from the Rt. Rev Dr. Stephen Fagbemi, the Bishop of Owo, who has been leading the seminary as the Supervising Bishop, since the exit of Professor Igenoza.

• Paul Dajur is the General Secretary, Church of Nigeria (Anglican Communion).

https://m.guardian.ng/sunday-magazine/ibru-ecumenical-centre/crowther-graduate-theological-seminary-gets-a-new-rector/

Re: Crowther Graduate Theological Seminary Gets A New Rector by Nobody: 10:34pm On Sep 06, 2020
Are there still churches and ministries in Abeokuta?

Really suprised because last I checked you hardly see any church in Abeokuta except mosque

(1) (Reply)

Hello Everyone, I Need Your Information Help Please / Undergraduate Scholarship To Study Abroad / JAMB Brochure For The Faculty Of Agriculture – Agricultural Economics And Extens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.