Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

The Concept Of Eternal Hell Fire - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Concept Of Eternal Hell Fire (2289 Views)

Moses Orimolade Tunolase Founder Of Eternal Sacred Order Of Cherubhim And Seraph / Game Of Souls: A Matter Of Eternal Life And Death / Without obedience to Yahushua/Ten Commandments; no hope of eternal life. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Concept Of Eternal Hell Fire by Xmuslim: 3:33pm On Sep 07, 2020
What do you guys think about this concept. I think it's a deceptive way of luring weak people to stick with a specific religion.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Concept Of Eternal Hell Fire by Xmuslim: 3:35pm On Sep 07, 2020
If you are weak and can't leave your religion despite the inconveniencies and nonsensical concepts in it due to the fear of hell fire. Remember that the hell fire of another religion is waiting for you. Good luck in the burning grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Concept Of Eternal Hell Fire by CAPSLOCKED: 3:37pm On Sep 07, 2020
Xmuslim:
If you are weak and can't leave your religion despite the inconveniencies and nonsensical concepts in it due to the fear of hell fire. Remember that the hell fire of another religion is waiting for you. Good luck in the burning grin

I'LL BE GOING TO OVER 3000 HELLFIRES WHEN I DIE.
THERE HAS TO BE A ROSTER FOR ATTENDING EACH ONE EVERYDAY I GUESS. SO ONE HELLFIRE A DAY, THEN I MOVE TO ANOTHER ONE THE NEXT DAY.. LIKE A TOURIST. HA!
cool

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Concept Of Eternal Hell Fire by DriggityDre: 3:41pm On Sep 07, 2020
Xmuslim:

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of Eternal Hell Fire by Blabbermouth: 4:11pm On Sep 07, 2020
Xmuslim:
It's like you are the one actually scared. In the purest state of your mind, you are anchored on "I hope my disbelief in it will make me feel safe".

2 Likes

Re: The Concept Of Eternal Hell Fire by Blabbermouth: 4:12pm On Sep 07, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

THERE HAS TO BE A ROSTER FOR ATTENDING EACH ONE EVERYDAY I GUESS. SO ONE HELLFIRE A DAY, THEN I MOVE TO ANOTHER ONE THE NEXT DAY.. LIKE A TOURIST. HA!
cool
No, you won't.

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of Eternal Hell Fire by Xmuslim: 4:13pm On Sep 07, 2020
Blabbermouth:

It's like you are the one actually scared. In the purest state of your mind, you are anchored on "I hope my disbelief in it will make me feel safe".
which of the hell please. Muslim or Christian hell? Always mention your own God's hell whenever you are trying to scare us of it. Thank you grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Concept Of Eternal Hell Fire by hakeem4(m): 5:11pm On Sep 07, 2020
Xmuslim:
What do you guys think about this concept. I think it's a deceptive way of luring weak people to stick with a specific religion.

Yeah I totally agree with you. But I wonder why so called rational people still believe in life after death

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of Eternal Hell Fire by sonmvayina(m): 5:18pm On Sep 07, 2020
hakeem4:

Yeah I totally agree with you. But I wonder why so called rational people still believe in life after death

Death is just a long sleep..it a permanent sleep, while sleep is a temporal death..

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of Eternal Hell Fire by Xmuslim: 6:08pm On Sep 07, 2020
sonmvayina:

Death is just a long sleep..it a permanent sleep, while sleep is a temporal death..
you sound so sure sir. Any evidence?
Re: The Concept Of Eternal Hell Fire by peggywebbs(f): 7:32pm On Sep 07, 2020
It's not to scare people. It is just simply what it is. Here its in the Bible. You can check.

Revelation 21:8 - But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 - And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Matthew 25:46 - And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Matthew 10:28 - And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Mark 9:43-48 - And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: (Read More...)

Matthew 13:50 - And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Revelation 20:14 - And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

2 Thessalonians 1:9 - Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

Revelation 20:10 - And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet [are], and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Psalms 145:20 - The LORD preserveth all them that love him: but all the wicked will he destroy.

Matthew 5:22 - But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Revelation 14:11 - And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Luke 12:5 - But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him

Xmuslim:
Re: The Concept Of Eternal Hell Fire by Xmuslim: 7:54pm On Sep 07, 2020
peggywebbs:

Oh apologies I did not specify the type of evidence. What I meant is empirical evidence not a religious book because I don't believe in them. But thanks anyway

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Concept Of Eternal Hell Fire by peggywebbs(f): 8:10pm On Sep 07, 2020
Are you serious? You are asking for an empirical evidence of an existence and life outside of our realm?

Xmuslim:

Oh apologies I did not specify the type of evidence. What I meant is empirical evidence not a religious book because I don't believe in them. But thanks anyway

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of Eternal Hell Fire by Nobody: 8:15pm On Sep 07, 2020
Xmuslim:

It's just a fabrication of the Roman Catholic Church to instill fear in the minds of people not to challenge the authority of the Pope who is the head of the Catholic Church.
It was a scheme to jeopardize the effort of rebels planning to overthrow Rome back then, so there is fear of attacking the holy city while Rome kept colonizing other nations.
But the idea died when England with the support of Ireland, Scotland and Wales formed allie to conquer the Roman Empire. Later Romans quickly switch to the teaching of purgatory which means everyone both good and bad will go to heaven since Rome is no more the world power.
So now you can fight against any nation no matter their divine anointing God will only keep you for sometime in purgatory and later send you to heaven after some hard times.
All are tactics to instill fear in the minds of those who don't believe in the authenticity of the nation in control.
The truth is at Death we seize to exist! smiley

2 Likes

Re: The Concept Of Eternal Hell Fire by Blabbermouth: 8:36pm On Sep 07, 2020
Maximus69:

I so much wish this was how the way things are (I speak as a man)... Unfortunately, the scripture was clear on it.. And I will go with the Word of God than go with what I feel is right.

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of Eternal Hell Fire by IMAliyu(m): 8:58pm On Sep 07, 2020
Interestingly the Judaism that Christianity and Islam both springed from don't believe in hell, just death.
It's similar to maximus claim.

Yes, the idea of hell is like pointing a gun at someone and telling them you have free choice, but if you don't do what I tell you, I will shoot you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Concept Of Eternal Hell Fire by Image123(m): 9:09pm On Sep 07, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

cool

Liar liar, you cannot reasonably count 20 hell fires. Your exaggeration doesn't erase the fact of eternity.
Re: The Concept Of Eternal Hell Fire by Nobody: 9:33pm On Sep 07, 2020
Blabbermouth:

I so much wish this was how the way things are (I speak as a man)... Unfortunately, the scripture was clear on it.. And I will go with the Word of God than go with what I feel is right.

Do you notice that i never quoted God's word for atheists?
Well it's because they don't believe in it! smiley

But if you claim you believe in God's word, then this is what it says:-

Adam was a perfect Son of God {Luke 3:38} so if Adam goes against God's standard his punishment will be equivalent to that of angels, meaning he will seize to exist {Genesis 2:17} that is the only punishment God had in mind for his intelligent creatures, so at death they've paid fully for whatever blunder they committed {Romans 6:7} and the next thing is for imperfect ones to face God's judgment which means direct rules on right and wrong without distractions {Hebrew 9:27} most people think God will set a court like humans and begin asking questions on what people did in their past lives, but if that's how it will be Jesus won't say "judgment is ongoing" in his days! John 3:18-19
So the judgment that will come after death is for those who lived a life that's not guided by God's standards or ignorant of Godly principles noticed in the lives of his servants, all those who had the privilege of being contemporaries of God's servants but chose to ignore what they're seeing are never going to be resurrected.
The righteous and unrighteous to be resurrected are people who knew and live by God's standards "righteous", and people who struggled to live by what they can discern as right due to their level of understanding "unrighteous" {Act 24:15} of course they are unrighteous because they don't know the righteousness of God! Romans 10:2-3

Their judgment begins after Jesus start ruling over the whole earth and only Christianity will be the only standard, it will be a judgement day of 1,000 years long {2Peter 3:8} because everyone living must have to become like Christ or die within a lifespan of 100 years {Isaiah 65:20} all those who survived the 1,000 years will now have the opportunity to condemn Adam by facing Satan face to face after they've become perfect like Adam, those who failed to resist Satan's final temptation will then be destroyed along with Satan forever! Revelations 20:7,8,15 smiley

God will not keep anyone in torment, he will only return them to non-existence, the sight of his creatures experiencing excruciating pains is unthinkable for him! Habakkuk 1:13 smiley
Re: The Concept Of Eternal Hell Fire by Nobody: 9:37pm On Sep 07, 2020
IMAliyu:
Interestingly the Judaism that Christianity and Islam both springed from don't believe in hell, just death.
It is like maximus claims.

Yes, the idea of hell is like pointing a gun at someone and telling them you have free choice, but if you don't do what I tell you, I will shoot you.

It's because that's what God's word told Adam in the beginning!

You either choose to live or return to non-existence {Genesis 2:17} God never had any plan to immortalize evildoers but the righteous! Psalms 37:29 compare to Proverbs 2:20-22 smiley
Re: The Concept Of Eternal Hell Fire by Xmuslim: 1:54am On Sep 08, 2020
peggywebbs:

Are you serious? You are asking for an empirical evidence of an existence and life outside of our realm?

why not? If such does not exist, then you should not be too certain about it. Give room for skme doubt. I can as well tell you that after you die, you reincarnate. Will you believe this too?
Re: The Concept Of Eternal Hell Fire by Xmuslim: 1:57am On Sep 08, 2020
Maximus69:

It's just a fabrication of the Roman Catholic Church to instill fear in the minds of people not to challenge the authority of the Pope who is the head of the Catholic Church.
It was a scheme to jeopardize the effort of rebels planning to overthrow Rome back then, so there is fear of attacking the holy city while Rome kept colonizing other nations.
But the idea died when England with the support of Ireland, Scotland and Wales formed allie to conquer the Roman Empire. Later Romans quickly switch to the teaching of purgatory which means everyone both good and bad will go to heaven since Rome is no more the world power.
So now you can fight against any nation no matter their divine anointing God will only keep you for sometime in purgatory and later send you to heaven after some hard times.
All are tactics to instill fear in the minds of those who don't believe in the authenticity of the nation in control.

This is the one of the things I love about your religion and your own version of God. He is not ruthless like other Christians and Muslims gods.
Re: The Concept Of Eternal Hell Fire by Xmuslim: 2:00am On Sep 08, 2020
Blabbermouth:

your mind is what you must trust bro unless there is absolute empirical evidence that go against what you feel is right.

For example I feel is not right for God to burn people in eternal hell. No scripture can force me to believe that God is so unjust and live turturing people
Re: The Concept Of Eternal Hell Fire by Nobody: 7:20am On Sep 08, 2020
Xmuslim:

This is the one of the things I LOVE about your religion and your own version of God. He is not ruthless like other Christians and Muslims gods.

You can never know what is called "LOVE" if not because you're alive,
©The sight of multiple colours.
©The fragrance of sweet aroma.
©The sound of melodious tunes.
©The sense of touch.
©The feeling of a friendly gathering.
©The taste of various edibles.
©The companionship of the opposite sex.

All these are the primary reasons why each of us wants to continue living! Ecclesiastes 3:11
Yet with our marvelous brains someone, somewhere, sometime composed a book and tell me i'm a replicate of an unseen intelligent being who created all these things that i'm enjoying, even if i have to doubt it, what about the things i am seeing humans creating since i was born? Of course i came to experience the electricity, black and white TV, the Radio, Refrigerator, Air Conditioner, Telephone, Cars, Bicycles, Motorcycles, Aeroplanes and so on.
All these were already existing and my grandma once told me that during her own youthful days few or none of this exists meaning humans have continue to make things better or let's say make better things. There is no more doubt that truly there exists a supreme being who created us in his image and impact in us the ability to continue making more and more things.
So how can such a loving giver make all of these available and expect me to enjoy it just for less than 100 years then i expire?
NO! NO!! NO!!! There must be more to these, surely if he created me with the ability to enjoy all these good things then his LOVE for me is incomplete if i can't continue enjoying all these Wonderful blessings forever! John 3:16

But to now bring up the idea of a place of torment, that totally tainted all these goodies and it's never going to fit in anyway to the attributes of this wonderful personality! Jeremiah 7:31; 19:5

So don't ever think you know anything about LOVE if not for the one who first LOVE! 1John 4:19
Thank you! smiley
Re: The Concept Of Eternal Hell Fire by Dtruthspeaker: 8:24am On Sep 08, 2020
Xmuslim:

grin grin grin
Fear oh man, fear!

Fear what shall Destroy thee, if thou doth not want destruction!
Re: The Concept Of Eternal Hell Fire by Dtruthspeaker: 8:29am On Sep 08, 2020
Xmuslim:

grin Interpretation "Come let us Die Together! Do not Let Me Die Alone" grin
Re: The Concept Of Eternal Hell Fire by Dtruthspeaker: 8:33am On Sep 08, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

cool

" I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment."
Re: The Concept Of Eternal Hell Fire by Daejoyoung: 8:34am On Sep 08, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

cool
How many religions have the Hellfire doctrine?
Re: The Concept Of Eternal Hell Fire by Dtruthspeaker: 8:37am On Sep 08, 2020
Xmuslim:
which of the hell please. Muslim or Christian hell? Always mention your own God's hell whenever you are trying to scare us of it. Thank you grin

grin grin grin
Oh, foolish man, dost thou thinkest that hell is the only way that thou can be destroyed?

Thou art foolish indeed! grin
Re: The Concept Of Eternal Hell Fire by Dtruthspeaker: 8:39am On Sep 08, 2020
hakeem4:

Since you want Death, you have gotten it! No problems here or there.

But, All who want Life say "Aye"?
Re: The Concept Of Eternal Hell Fire by Dtruthspeaker: 8:42am On Sep 08, 2020
sonmvayina:

Yes, Death is looong Sleep. BUT AFTER JUDGEMENT, NO SLEEP for those who had not Life!

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of Eternal Hell Fire by Dtruthspeaker: 8:47am On Sep 08, 2020
Xmuslim:

grin grin grin grin grin
You would like that wouldn't you? grin

After Judgement, Lake of Fire and Eternal Life of Torment, day and night, FOREVER, NO SLEEPING, awaits ya! grin
Re: The Concept Of Eternal Hell Fire by Dtruthspeaker: 8:52am On Sep 08, 2020
peggywebbs:

It's not to scare people. It is just simply what it is. Here its in the Bible. You can check.
Revelation 21:8 - But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Revelation 20:15 - And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
Matthew 25:46 - And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
Matthew 10:28 - And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
Mark 9:43-48 - And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: (Read More...)
Matthew 13:50 - And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
Revelation 20:14 - And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
2 Thessalonians 1:9 - Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
Revelation 20:10 - And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet [are], and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
Psalms 145:20 - The LORD preserveth all them that love him: but all the wicked will he destroy.
Matthew 5:22 - But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
Revelation 14:11 - And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
Luke 12:5 - But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him

Sweeet!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Reasons Islam Is Not From God / Nigerian Christians Are The Most Gullible In The World’- Dr. Akin-john / Pastor Adeboye (the Go) At Un, Charts Path To Peace In Middle East .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.