Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,847 members, 7,828,076 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Why Nigerians Deserve Criminals, Corrupt Politicians And Bad Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigerians Deserve Criminals, Corrupt Politicians And Bad Government (140 Views)

I Used To Think Nigeria's Problem Was Bad Government - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo / Nigerian Leaders, Politicians And Their Stylish Handshakes (Photos) / Photos Of Politicians And Celebrities At The Polling Booth #NigeriaElection2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Nigerians Deserve Criminals, Corrupt Politicians And Bad Government by obarayeefosa: 6:06pm On Sep 07, 2020
In 2019, a certain politician was arrested, tried and convicted of fraud of over 7 billion naira, after a few months in prison, he was released. Something fishy went on but then that’s not the issue. This same person went on to be reinstated to the senate and then I thought it was because Nigerians didn’t have a say about it. They didn’t make the decision, the senate the house did and didn’t care about what Nigerians thought or wanted.

The senate house celebrated him for going to prison, they even said that it was a badge of honour to go to prison. I assumed it was because we have bad leaders who don’t care about the rules and following them.

Then I saw videos and pictures of this same senator doing a tour. Visiting places and people were running after him and celebrating him. Fellow Nigerians were all over him, all happy and excited.

In my mind, I thought that this was because Nigerians needed money and he was giving them money so they went for the money, I believed that they sold their truth and decency for money.

Even though I didn’t approve of that, I understood it.

During the pepper dem season of the big brother Naija show, a certain housemate was disqualified for breaking the rules and doing the wrong things. She had earlier gotten two strikes which were later cleared.

She broke more rules and then was disqualified. To my surprise, Nigerians celebrated her, gave her gifts, and money. Nigerians stood by her, fought for her and supported her every move even when they knew she was disqualified for breaking the rules.

At this point, I was confused because this would mean that we don’t care about doing the right things and supporting following the rules.

I still agreed that maybe it was a mistake or something must have happened and such a thing won’t happen again. One time error is fine. We all make mistakes

In big brother Naija lockdown season, another housemate was disqualified after breaking multiple rules, getting three strikes for verbal assaults and threats, pouring water on someone’s bed and chasing him away.

Continue reading here: https://sagetalkz..com/2020/09/why-nigerians-deserve-criminals-corrupt.html

Re: Why Nigerians Deserve Criminals, Corrupt Politicians And Bad Government by Nobody: 7:02pm On Sep 07, 2020
There is no Nigeria. There are no Nigerians. That is why that space is a free for all. For everyone in the world, Nigeria is kill and eat. Nigeria belongs to no one to build, it belongs to everyone to pillage.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Latest News From Shakapost / Our Lame Duck Opposition Members / Surviving The Harsh Economic Realities Of Post COVID-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.