Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,755 members, 7,959,348 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 03:07 PM

Sudan Declares 3-month State Of Emergency Over Deadly Floods( Pic, Video) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Sudan Declares 3-month State Of Emergency Over Deadly Floods( Pic, Video) (309 Views)

Ecuador Declares State Of Emergency As Narcotics Gang Leader Escapes From Prison / Sudan Military Declares State Of Emergency After Coup, Dissolves Cabinet / Myanmar Coup D'etat: Full Text Of army Statement On State Of Emergency (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sudan Declares 3-month State Of Emergency Over Deadly Floods( Pic, Video) by Righteousness89(m): 7:25pm On Sep 07, 2020
Floods have killed at least 99 people this year and caused total and partial collapse of more than 100,000 homes.

Authorities in Sudan have declared a national state of emergency for three months and designated the country a natural disaster zone after flooding that has killed dozens of people.

Lena el-Sheikh, Sudan's minister of labour and social development, said in addition to 99 deaths, floods this year have injured 46 people, inflicted damage on more than half a million people and caused the total and partial collapse of more than 100,000 homes.

The rates of floods and rain for this year exceeded the records set during the years 1946 and 1988, with expectations of continued rising indicators, state news agency SUNA quoted el-Sheikh as saying on Saturday.

"This isn't the first time the Nile has flooded its banks, but those affected say it's the worst they've ever seen," Al Jazeera's Hiba Morgan, reporting from the capital, Khartoum said, adding that at least half a million people have been forced out of their homes as a result of the major rise in the Nile's water levels.

The amount of water was unimaginable," Omar Ahmed, a resident of Um Dom, east of Khartoum, told Al Jazeera. "I was at home not expecting the water to reach my house. It reached the house before me, my house, and the homes after me. Around my house, more than 40 homes were destroyed by the floods."

Alwaly Abdeljaleel, another Um Dom resident, said: "People have taken their properties and left their homes. We have houses that have been partially destroyed and houses that have completely collapsed."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQYtW1nQAU8

https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2020/09/sudan-declares-3-month-state-emergency-deadly-floods-200905093808859.html

Re: Sudan Declares 3-month State Of Emergency Over Deadly Floods( Pic, Video) by Righteousness89(m): 7:28pm On Sep 07, 2020
Lalasticlala
Re: Sudan Declares 3-month State Of Emergency Over Deadly Floods( Pic, Video) by yanabasee1(m): 7:34pm On Sep 07, 2020
This is terrible..... May the Almighty God see them through.....

Nigeria bad oh...But we never experienced national disaster pass bad leadership....
Re: Sudan Declares 3-month State Of Emergency Over Deadly Floods( Pic, Video) by Righteousness89(m): 7:35pm On Sep 07, 2020
So Terrible
Re: Sudan Declares 3-month State Of Emergency Over Deadly Floods( Pic, Video) by AFULA(m): 7:55pm On Sep 07, 2020
this people should better surrender their life to Master JESUS.

1 Like

Re: Sudan Declares 3-month State Of Emergency Over Deadly Floods( Pic, Video) by longetivity(m): 9:22pm On Sep 07, 2020
I THANK GOD FOR NIGERIA.
Re: Sudan Declares 3-month State Of Emergency Over Deadly Floods( Pic, Video) by motayoayinde: 8:28pm On Sep 08, 2020
AFULA:

THOSE WHO DID WERE NOT SPARED THE WIDESPREAD COVID 19 DEATHS.

ASK SPAIN, ITALY AND THE UNITED STATES

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sudan Declares 3-month State Of Emergency Over Deadly Floods( Pic, Video) by kingxsamz(m): 1:24pm On Sep 09, 2020
AFULA:

Your country Nigeria has churches in every corner, and most people are religious and have also surrendered their lives to Jesus, yet look at the poor state your country is in. High rate of unemployment, bad governance, poverty, bad roads, lack of stable electricity, deaths everywhere, people committing suicide due to frustration, and to top that, the people in power are religious and also have Jesus in their lives and you're here talking about another country giving their lives to Jesus. You're a real joker. undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Iranian Commander Vows To Avenge US Assassination Of Top General / Lawmakers Advise Trump Not To Concede Defeat / Joe Bidens Entrance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.