Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,225 members, 7,836,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Please What Do I Need To Do If My Car Shows This - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please What Do I Need To Do If My Car Shows This (1579 Views)

My Chevrolet Car Shows This Message On Dashboard / My Car In Police Custody?? / Help! My Car Is Leaking Oil! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please What Do I Need To Do If My Car Shows This by avurlerby(m): 12:04am On Sep 08, 2020
I have a tokunbo Toyota camry 03 that I just started using. Everything is going on smoothly with it. Over the weekend I notice the picture below on the dashboard after washing the car.

What could this mean and what can I do to make it dissappear. Thanks

Re: Please What Do I Need To Do If My Car Shows This by Kayodedavies101: 12:54am On Sep 08, 2020
Return it to the dealer ASAP since is toks
No touch am ooo
Re: Please What Do I Need To Do If My Car Shows This by Kingdante(m): 1:40am On Sep 08, 2020
E fit just be service or catalyst or anything
Re: Please What Do I Need To Do If My Car Shows This by proclinician: 6:44am On Sep 08, 2020
Scan

2 Likes

Re: Please What Do I Need To Do If My Car Shows This by Nobody: 7:11am On Sep 08, 2020
Change your Engine.

Thank me later
Re: Please What Do I Need To Do If My Car Shows This by emmancecute(m): 7:52am On Sep 08, 2020
Scan the vehicle, it could be anything, failing spark plugs, oxygen sensor, ignition/exhaust issues...

1 Like

Re: Please What Do I Need To Do If My Car Shows This by promotervickky(m): 12:18pm On Sep 08, 2020
avurlerby:
I have a tokunbo Toyota camry 03 that I just started using. Everything is going on smoothly with it. Over the weekend I notice the picture below on the dashboard after washing the car.

Did you by any means pour water on the engine area?
Re: Please What Do I Need To Do If My Car Shows This by Kingdemu: 1:45pm On Sep 08, 2020
It is called the "check engine light". The light can come up as a result of a minor issue, such as when your tank cap is not well covered, or it could mean something more serious. So the best thing to do is to get a scanning tool and scan the car and post the results here. There are experts here who can guide you accordingly. Consider the guy who asked you to just change your engine as your worst enemy. Meanwhile, have you noticed anything unusual with the way the car operates?

3 Likes

Re: Please What Do I Need To Do If My Car Shows This by mejai(m): 2:52pm On Sep 08, 2020
Na fire hydrant grin

1 Like

Re: Please What Do I Need To Do If My Car Shows This by avurlerby(m): 3:02pm On Sep 08, 2020
promotervickky:

Did you by any means pour water on the engine area?

I noticed this after washing the engine
Re: Please What Do I Need To Do If My Car Shows This by avurlerby(m): 3:03pm On Sep 08, 2020
Kingdemu:
It is called the "check engine light". The light can come up as a result of a minor issue, such as when your tank cap is not well covered, or it could mean something more serious. So the best thing to do is to get a scanning tool and scan the car and post the results here. There are experts here who can guide you accordingly. Consider the guy who asked you to just change your engine as your worst enemy. Meanwhile, have you noticed anything unusual with the way the car operates?

I noticed this after washing the engine
Re: Please What Do I Need To Do If My Car Shows This by avurlerby(m): 3:03pm On Sep 08, 2020
Kingdemu:

How can I do the scan
Re: Please What Do I Need To Do If My Car Shows This by avurlerby(m): 3:04pm On Sep 08, 2020
emmancecute:
Scan the vehicle, it could be anything, failing spark plugs, oxygen sensor, ignition/exhaust issues...

How do i do that
Re: Please What Do I Need To Do If My Car Shows This by avurlerby(m): 3:07pm On Sep 08, 2020
proclinician:
Scan

How do i do that
Re: Please What Do I Need To Do If My Car Shows This by Kingdemu: 3:13pm On Sep 08, 2020
avurlerby:

I noticed that after washing the engine
How can I do the scan
Pls next time avoid pouring water on your engine. Since it is obvious you do not have a scanner, locate any auto diagnostic center close to you and tell them to run a scan on the car. Is the car operating normally?

1 Like

Re: Please What Do I Need To Do If My Car Shows This by proclinician: 3:41pm On Sep 08, 2020
avurlerby:

How do i do that

Get any shop that performs on board auto diagnosis. They will scan your engine and tell you what's up.
Re: Please What Do I Need To Do If My Car Shows This by avurlerby(m): 3:45pm On Sep 08, 2020
Kingdemu:
Pls next time avoid pouring water on your engine. Since it is obvious you do not have a scanner, locate any auto diagnostic center close to you and tell them to run a scan on the car. Is the car operating normally?

Yes it is, I gave it to people specificalised in washing engines to wash it for me
Re: Please What Do I Need To Do If My Car Shows This by avurlerby(m): 3:46pm On Sep 08, 2020
proclinician:

Get any shop that performs on board auto diagnosis. They will scan your engine and tell you what's up.

Thanks. But can it have any implications. I'm a novice with cars
Re: Please What Do I Need To Do If My Car Shows This by proclinician: 3:59pm On Sep 08, 2020
avurlerby:

The scanning alone has zero implications and you can do it yourself (I have a personal scanner). It's the best way to know what the fault is instead of blind trial and error.

1 Like

Re: Please What Do I Need To Do If My Car Shows This by Kingdemu: 4:14pm On Sep 08, 2020
avurlerby:

Yes, the check engine light that came up is trying to tell you that something is not right somewhere. Just run the scan first to be sure

1 Like

Re: Please What Do I Need To Do If My Car Shows This by avurlerby(m): 5:24pm On Sep 09, 2020
proclinician:

The scanning alone has zero implications and you can do it yourself (I have a personal scanner). It's the best way to know what the fault is instead of blind trial and error.

Thanks, would like to get the scanners too. I saw some on jumia that connects using apps. Can I go for that to scan the cars.
Re: Please What Do I Need To Do If My Car Shows This by Elsueno: 9:10pm On Sep 09, 2020
I have being driving for almost 10 years now, I have never wash the engine bay of any car, highest interior and body. cheesy yeah, am dirty like that

2 Likes

Re: Please What Do I Need To Do If My Car Shows This by 3kay945(m): 12:54am On Sep 10, 2020
Elsueno:
I have being driving for almost 10 years now, I have never wash the engine bay of any car, highest interior and body. cheesy yeah, am dirty like that

My engine bay sparkles.. grin
Na brain I dey use wash am. I detest dirt like shit cool

2 Likes

Re: Please What Do I Need To Do If My Car Shows This by Elsueno: 7:26am On Sep 10, 2020
3kay945:

My engine bay sparkles.. grin
Na brain I dey use wash am. I detest dirt like shit cool

grin I do try and remove dead insects from the front grill and radiator surface . that's full engine wash. But engine bay...nah, that ECUs and wire everywhere omoh, can't risk it

1 Like

Re: Please What Do I Need To Do If My Car Shows This by valarinz: 7:40am On Sep 10, 2020
Kayodedavies101:
Return it to the dealer ASAP since is toks
No touch am ooo

And the dealer will not touch it too, he'll return it to foreigners who sold him to it asap....

The foreigner will return it to the manufacturer asap....

Maybe manufacturer will then return it to Satan asap.

It's not by force to reply queries on NL sha, best keep silent and be considered smart

Re: Please What Do I Need To Do If My Car Shows This by temmym4(m): 10:47am On Sep 10, 2020
Bonatheripper:
Change your Engine.

Thank me later

Some people deserve to be banned from posting on some particular threads.

1 Like

Re: Please What Do I Need To Do If My Car Shows This by 3kay945(m): 5:01pm On Sep 10, 2020
Elsueno:

grin I do try and remove dead insects from the front grill and radiator surface . that's full engine wash. But engine bay...nah, that ECUs and wire everywhere omoh, can't risk it

I mop gently with soap water. Only the surface though. I don't go too far where my hands can't reach.
cool
My ECU is in the car.
Re: Please What Do I Need To Do If My Car Shows This by ocdeut(m): 5:31pm On Sep 10, 2020
Please what must be the solution to the result of this scan carried out in my car?
Catalytic Evap emission system leaked (P0455)
Re: Please What Do I Need To Do If My Car Shows This by Autogduru411: 12:42am On Sep 11, 2020
avurlerby:

Go for a scan

1 Like

Re: Please What Do I Need To Do If My Car Shows This by Autogduru411: 12:46am On Sep 11, 2020
ocdeut:
Please what must be the solution to the result of this scan carried out in my car?
Catalytic Evap emission system leaked (P0455)

Search for the fault code on goggle with your car maker and model, then you'll have an i dea of what's wrong with your car.
Re: Please What Do I Need To Do If My Car Shows This by avurlerby(m): 2:55am On Sep 11, 2020
avurlerby:

Thanks, would like to get the scanners too. I saw some on jumia that connects using apps. Can I go for that to scan the cars.

Any advice on this
Re: Please What Do I Need To Do If My Car Shows This by avurlerby(m): 2:57am On Sep 11, 2020
avurlerby:

Any advice on this

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is Difference Type Of Benz W203 Engine? / Is Nissan Altima 2008 V4 Model A Good Buy? / Toyota Camry 08 Or Corolla 010 - Which One To Buy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.