Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,137 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest (17096 Views)

Rice To Hit ₦‎50,000 Per Bag As Floods Ravage Farms / Floods Submerge Olam Rice Farm in Nasarawa / Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest by Area4Area: 7:42am On Sep 08, 2020
Openbusiness:
what I mean is, we need foreign rice QUALITY. All these local rice are overpriced, yet full of stones. I ate local rice on Saturday from a neighbor's event. It was terrible. Almost every 2 spoons I took, stones were playing in my mouth, I had to dump the food and just eat meat alone. So Govt should look into their processing and standardize the industry before they poison Nigerians.with serious health problems like kidney failure
Abegi, those who prepared that rice are novices and don't know how to de-stone the rice.
Do you realise that those buka women and those who move around with wheelbarrow selling cookd rice etc all deal with local rice and you'd never meet a grain of stone in it, it is only those who are not used to the rice like in your neighbour's event that complaints rise up.

Did your neighbour use these women who Cook at events? If she did then I don't believe your story because those women are experts in handling that local rice
Re: Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest by juman(m): 7:43am On Sep 08, 2020
Despite we rarely have big natural disaster.
We still have senseless country.

One nigeria is a mess.
Re: Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest by vegafbs: 7:45am On Sep 08, 2020
Re: Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest by juman(m): 7:47am On Sep 08, 2020
When you mention rice.
You should remember that jonathan did great job on rice farm thing.

In fact jonathan agric policy was better than now.

1 Like

Re: Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest by Nobody: 7:50am On Sep 08, 2020
So the rice whose price hasn't dropped Will soon be sold at increased price?
Re: Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest by Zenithpeak(m): 7:53am On Sep 08, 2020
Maybe they are talking about another Nigeria and not the same Buhari Nigeria.

Rain has been very scarce lately and no evidences of this disaster from the people of the affected area. This lies is very very uncomfortable for me.

Are you telling us that the floods selectively attacked rice farms only and avoids every other things on its path?

1 Like

Re: Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest by Nobody: 7:54am On Sep 08, 2020
Area4Area:
Abegi, those who prepared that rice are novices and don't know how to de-stone the rice.
Do you realise that those buka women and those who move around with wheelbarrow selling cookd rice etc all deal with local rice and you'd never meet a grain of stone in it, it is only those who are not used to the rice like in your neighbour's event that complaints rise up.

Did your neighbour use these women who Cook at events? If she did then I don't believe your story because those women are experts in handling that local rice
Super story.Be there forming woke when even your own leaders don't eat local rice.
Re: Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest by Openbusiness: 7:56am On Sep 08, 2020
Area4Area:

So after buying local rice, the consumer still has the responsibility to worry about how to "de-stone" it by yourself or finding experts? Wow, ok. That's why the Nigerian rice industry will continue to crash and fume when foreign competition is available. All my life of eating foreign rice, I just pour into fire, parboil, then eat without ever worrying about "de-stone -ing" anything. Why don't they ask the consumer to peel the chaff to or do un-chaffing for them grin
Re: Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest by Surveillants(m): 7:58am On Sep 08, 2020
Professor FE reviewed how to make an engine that runs on ordinary water.
Click on the link below to see.
https:///pbUsoj-1kW
Re: Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest by Nobody: 7:58am On Sep 08, 2020
Vixlot:

What does natural occurrence has to do with failure?

slowpoke
Re: Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest by Nobody: 7:58am On Sep 08, 2020
Vixlot:

Moroñ
Re: Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest by bombim(m): 8:07am On Sep 08, 2020
make baba open borders make rice come in
Re: Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest by Ellie01: 8:12am On Sep 08, 2020
Vixlot:

2019 comes to mind wen 2million rice farmers bought form n supported buhari.
Is a scam govt. Simple

1 Like

Re: Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest by Jimi24: 8:20am On Sep 08, 2020
Blue3k:
Lol 2020 is an interesting year, 1/4 of rice production is washed away. These little events along with news of Nigeria importing grain put Nigeria's Argo sufficiency into question. I think its safe to say the agriculturual policies have failed and the government should admit like they did the subsidies.

Floods washed away harvests and that means agro policies have failed?.
I hope you know this is a bad reflection on your IQ. Nigerians say they are educated yet they find thinking difficult.
All these farmers will get NIRSAL agric insurance loan compensation so no permanent loss.
There will be an increase in rice prices which will further encourage rice farming.
Even rice importation that a lot of you unpatriotic simpletons are hoping for will only go to companies active in rice vslue chain. Only rice mill owners will import rice and they will be mostly northerners.
Re: Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest by Think9ja(m): 8:29am On Sep 08, 2020
Anything to hike the price of rice and agro products generally is welcomed by me.

You're pained? Go and farm
Re: Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest by Fourwinds: 8:33am On Sep 08, 2020
elantraceey:
Another excuse for hike in price of rice before the year ends. It is well.

Become part of a life changing opportunity. Check my signature.
thank you... They look for excuse to carry out evil intentions
Re: Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest by Fourwinds: 8:43am On Sep 08, 2020
Think9ja:
Anything to hike the price of rice and agro products generally is welcomed by me.

You're pained? Go and farm
listen young man.. Everybody can not be a farmer. There will always be doctors, teachers, transporters, tailors, bricklayers etc... If your wish is to go cannibal then prepare for the most aggressive savage.. The farmer will need the doctor in an emergency so will others need one another
Re: Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest by dorodee(m): 8:46am On Sep 08, 2020
A very large farm land should have water control measures eg dam. If the money is from CBN agric project. Then National cake is gone.
Re: Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest by chinedu234(m): 8:48am On Sep 08, 2020
The excuses may have started building up. The next story will be how and why the grants and loans from Emefiele were wasted and no longer repayable. Next phase please.
Re: Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest by COMPAQ(m): 8:49am On Sep 08, 2020
Blue3k:
Lol 2020 is an interesting year, 1/4 of rice production is washed away. These little events along with news of Nigeria importing grain put Nigeria's Argo sufficiency into question. I think its safe to say the agriculturual policies have failed and the government should admit like they did the subsidies.

Not quite sure how you deduce that from the article . Flood is a natural occurrence, so how is that tantamount to policies having failed?
Re: Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest by IAmkingoludav(m): 8:57am On Sep 08, 2020
They'll say it's a natural occurrence �� Incompetence at its peak!
Re: Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest by Mayng01(m): 9:16am On Sep 08, 2020
This man should just Open the borders. He is just so clueless. What a president!
Re: Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest by Mayng01(m): 9:17am On Sep 08, 2020
Blue3k:

Please, kindly tell that clueless man to open the border.
Re: Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest by Jaqenhghar: 9:22am On Sep 08, 2020
I thought Niggeria has surpassed the Asian countries in rice production. Last I heard they said Niggeria is the number 1 producer of rice globally grin
Re: Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest by slowice(m): 9:30am On Sep 08, 2020
Another reason to distribute billions.... Fear no'th
Re: Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest by jessedaflow: 10:56am On Sep 08, 2020
Even buhari no dey eat local rice.
Re: Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest by bamasite2: 11:40am On Sep 08, 2020
Guyman02:
FG wants to use floods as a cover for its ungrounded assertion that Nigeria is now self sufficient in rice production leading to closure of the border and ban on rice importation.

The reality is that many of these farmers in the North collected a lot of money from CBN under the Anchor Borrowers Scheme for Rice production and over here in the North many don't like repaying Govt loans as it is seen as share of the national cake for all, it means the farmers can now declare Force Majeure (Act of God beyond human control) and the loans will be classified as 'bad debt'

NOT JUST NORTH, ALL OVER NIGERIA! THEY SAY IT IS NOBODY'S MONEY
Re: Floods Washed Away More Than 25% Of Nigeria’s Rice Harvest by tayotheplug: 11:55am On Sep 08, 2020
lmao this country na cruise abeg

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Big Bag Of Egusi Of 120-130 Big Derica(mudu) For Sale At Cheapest Price! / Investment In Farm Plantations Give Higher ROI Than Most Rental Apartments / Jasper7's Cucumber Story Is On Guardian Newspaper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.