Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Why Leading A Protest Is Not My Option. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Leading A Protest Is Not My Option. (173 Views)

Claim That UN Will Intervene After 30 Days Of EndSars Protest Is Fake / Buhari Leading A Protest During Goodluck Jonathan's Government (Throwback Photo) / Dino Melaye Arrested By The Police During A Protest 7 Years Ago (Throwback Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Leading A Protest Is Not My Option. by midebamisile(m): 4:11pm On Sep 08, 2020
Youths are quick to receive the blame for not protesting the economy hardship foist on them by their leaders, but our innocent accusers fail to tell the oppressors to stop oppressing the youths to avoid needless agitation.

Will protest increase the wisdom of our leaders to solve problems? Why start a war when you are not sure of victory?
A politically motivated demonstration will help register one's grievance or change the political party in power but not the political players. So, why should I protest? Why should I make my grievance public when I know it won't compel our leaders to take action? Keeping silent does not mean I'm happy, but I wouldn't speak unless I know I have leaders who are willing to listen. So sad, our leaders would rather kill you than answer you.

Many have been gunned down by Nigeria's police during a protest, which the media reported as a clash. I'm not ready to be a victim of another clash. I'm not ready to rest in pieces for a nation with no clear-cut winning strategy.

Call me a coward—yes, that's who I am. I'm a man that chooses not to fight in a war that the generals don't want to end. There are so many ways to lose my life for humanity sake, and protesting in Nigeria is not one of them.

When the foundation is destroyed, what would the righteous ones do?
The amalgamation of Nigeria's tribes was done in favour of the slave masters and not the master plan of the slaves. Several years after independence, Nigerians are still leaving as slaves, squandering her human and natural resources, and paying taxes to their slave masters in the name of debt servicing.

When men are prepared to govern themselves, they fight for their independence, like what happened in America. Nigeria was given her independence, which means they have none. Anyone that would deliberately set you free won't enslave you in the first place.

From past Nigeria's experience, I can only say the economic condition will be more difficult, so brace up for the challenges that lie ahead. Naira will continue to depreciate, and inflation will eat up our hard-earned money. Nothing will affect your peace when you prepare yourself to thrive under Nigeria's hardship. When you have no more option to survive, simply move to a greener pasture.

Where are the protesters of the 2015's? How did they suddenly become mute under a more serious hardship than the ones they complained about? Well, they've gone to a hiding place. They are in the government or have a friend in the government. The activists of the pasts are now under the payroll of the oppressors. The complainers and the wailers are begging for a listening ear that they fail to give to their predecessors.

Now, it is obvious to everyone that protesters are after controlling the resources of the nation for their personal interest. They care less about the redistribution of the nation's wealth.

Governance is a difficult task designed for real planners and problem-solvers, not noisemakers and complainers. For future activists and protesters, I want you to realize that leadership is beyond pointing out what's wrong, it includes knowing how to find solutions to the people's problems.

To all my accusers, I'm not weak for not protesting; I want to be alive to solve the problems within my capacity. Rather than leading a protest with no winning strategy, I will fight for the youths by empowering them to take responsibility for their lives. I will coach them to thrive under difficult situations, and teach them to lead better when it is their turn to pilot the affairs of the nation.

(1) (Reply)

Opinion: Captain Hosa Rising. / State Of Emergency Statement: Ohanaeze Tackles Bur / Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.