Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

4 Nigerian Artistes Who Died At The Peak Of Their Careers - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 4 Nigerian Artistes Who Died At The Peak Of Their Careers (177 Views)

7 Nigerian Artistes That Have Better Lyrics Than Davido And Wizkid / 4 Dope Comeback Songs By Nigerian Artistes / 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Influenced Contemporary Nigerian Music (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

4 Nigerian Artistes Who Died At The Peak Of Their Careers by Mhojohub: 6:33pm On Sep 08, 2020
Just as the world was starting to settle into their talents, their lives were tragically cut short. Here are 4 Nigerian artistes who died too soon, but continue to live on in our hearts.

Dagrin
Dagrin

Oladapo Olaitan Olaonipekun, – better known as DaGrin – ruled the airwaves and clubs with his records and was undoubtedly one of the biggest acts in the country. In the short time, he was in the spotlight, he made a remarkable impression with his life before death took him  His album Chief Executive Omota, shook the industry to its core, helping place his name in the sand of time as well. The CEO album held within it several hit singles, which peaked on several charts as well as secure a couple of awards. The late rapper in his life also collaborated with other acts as well as feature some on his records. Following his death, he became the first artist to have two posthumous #1 hits – “If I Die” and “Tribute To Dagrin”. In all, Dagrin accomplished more with one album than most artists will in their entire careers.

Songs to listen to today: Entire CEO Album

Goldie
Goldie

Born Susan Oluwabimpe Harvey,  on October 23, 1983, Goldie was a breath of fresh air to the Nigerian music scene. Armed with her eccentric and unique fashion style, the throne was hers for the taking. Goldie began her music career in 2007 and released her debut album (Spin me) the same year.

In 2010, she signed a record deal with Kennis Music and released her 2010 album 'Gold' which had the monster hit 'Jawo Jawo, ‘Don’t Touch My Body’, know it ft ElDee on it,' songs that earned her mainstream success with over 10 awards to include; Best Female Video' at the Soundcity Awards 2010, 'Best Use of Costume' and 'Best Afropop' at NMVA, with 'Best Female Artist' at the City People Awards.  In no time, She became one

Continue reading here; https://mhojohub.com/4-nigerian-artistes-who-died-at-the-peak-of-their-careers/

(1) (Reply)

Nasty C Ignores Big Sean On Twitter Asking Him To Finish Their Song! / Help Neded Please Which Microphone Can I Use With My Android Phone / Music Released Today You Don't Want To Miss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.