Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,417 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

Airtel Launches ODU Smartbox - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel Launches ODU Smartbox (2140 Views)

Airtel Launches 5G / Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi / Airtel Launches New Data Plan N1,500 For 7gb And N2,500 For 11gb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airtel Launches ODU Smartbox by BrandSpurNG: 8:02pm On Sep 08, 2020
Leading telecommunications services provider, Airtel Nigeria, has taken another definitive step to significantly enhance Home Broadband experience for its customers as it announces the introduction of its new Home Broadband Internet booster dubbed the Airtel ODU (Outdoor Unit) Smartbox.

The telco says the launch of Airtel ODU Smartbox, which rides on its expansive and modernized 4G network, will further deepen broadband connectivity in homes and offices across the country, giving customers the freedom to do more as well as become more productive.

The Airtel Smartbox comes with an Outdoor Unit (ODU), an antenna for extended coverage, unmatched speed and significantly boosted network experience with a complimentary data of 240GB, which is valid for 60 days.

Customers who purchase the Airtel ODU Smartbox will also get 10GB bonus data for the first 6 months on the subscription of N10, 000 (ten thousand naira) and above.

Commenting on the Airtel ODU Smartbox, Director, Home Broadband, Airtel Nigeria, Godfrey Efeurhobo, said Airtel is constantly exploring innovative opportunities to ensure a seamless and pleasant experience for customers in its Home Broadband segment.

‘At Airtel, we are committed to offering best-in-class Internet experience for our customers and we are excited with the introduction of the Airtel ODU Smartbox as it goes the extra mile to ensure a flawless, seamless and robust Internet experience for telecoms consumers in Nigeria,’ he said.

Customers who purchase the Airtel ODU Smartbox can also subscribe to the company’s ‘Unlimited Ultra Plans’, a wide range of HBB offering designed to ensure customers do not run out of data while enjoying superior broadband connectivity to the Internet.

SOURCE:https://brandspurng.com/2020/09/07/airtel-launches-odu-smartbox/

Re: Airtel Launches ODU Smartbox by hisgrace090: 8:51pm On Sep 08, 2020
They should equally look into data prices.
Re: Airtel Launches ODU Smartbox by edoairways: 10:13pm On Sep 08, 2020
hisgrace090:
The data price are fair enough
Re: Airtel Launches ODU Smartbox by edoairways: 10:14pm On Sep 08, 2020
hisgrace090:
Tk
Re: Airtel Launches ODU Smartbox by Stephenmoka4(m): 12:28am On Sep 09, 2020
No unlimited data, till date. Why, even some expensive places in the world doesn't sell data at this rate
Re: Airtel Launches ODU Smartbox by edoairways: 12:52am On Sep 09, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
No unlimited data, till date. Why, even some expensive places in the world doesn't sell data at this rate
Those countries don't burn diesel fuel on daily basis
Re: Airtel Launches ODU Smartbox by Stephenmoka4(m): 12:58am On Sep 09, 2020
edoairways:

Those countries don't burn diesel fuel on daily basis
Some use nuclear energy and some renewable/clean source of energy too.
Re: Airtel Launches ODU Smartbox by edoairways: 1:03am On Sep 09, 2020
Stephenmoka4:

Some use nuclear energy and some renewable/clean source of energy too.
They are expensive
Re: Airtel Launches ODU Smartbox by Stephenmoka4(m): 1:12am On Sep 09, 2020
edoairways:

They are expensive
That is for some develop world but, for a place like Nigeria certain things should be made easier. Data over $100 value with cap/limit isn't fair. Internet access are non tangible entity that shouldn't be a disappointed when purchased.
It may be worse if there isn't a competitor.
If you check out banks (e.g. standard chartered)know availableria - made/manage by foreigners you'll noticed a significant differences.
If a foreign ISP (Atat) comes to Nigeria, I'm sure most telecommunication services will eventually notice a drop down in active internet users.

2 Likes

Re: Airtel Launches ODU Smartbox by edoairways: 2:18am On Sep 09, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
That is for some develop world but, for a place like Nigeria certain things should be made easier. Data over $100 value with cap/limit isn't fair. Internet access are non tangible entity that shouldn't be a disappointed when purchased.
It may be worse if there isn't a competitor.
If you check out banks (e.g. standard chartered)know availableria - made/manage by foreigners you'll noticed a significant differences.
If a foreign ISP (Atat) comes to Nigeria, I'm sure most telecommunication services will eventually notice a drop down in active internet users.
If Etisalat and Vodacom couldn't make it,I doubt if Atat can
Re: Airtel Launches ODU Smartbox by NinjaMetahuman: 8:34am On Sep 09, 2020
Only in Nigeria you will see isp give "home broadband" and still cap it.

Useless people.

Almost 200 dollars worth of data is 550gb.. like wtf?

1 Like

Re: Airtel Launches ODU Smartbox by seankafor(m): 9:35am On Sep 09, 2020
NinjaMetahuman:
Only in Nigeria you will see isp give "home broadband" and still cap it.

Useless people.

Almost 200 dollars worth of data is 550gb.. like wtf?
3GB daily when data is exhausted..

Dem no try undecided
Re: Airtel Launches ODU Smartbox by NinjaMetahuman: 10:20am On Sep 09, 2020
seankafor:
3GB daily when data is exhausted..

Dem no try undecided
yeah 3gb is big deal to you..

I use 3gb in less down 2hrs.

We are different.

If you have to pay 200-300 usd almost anywhere else, you will get unlimited and atleast 18 month deal on "HOME Broadband" and not general mobile network.

4 Likes

Re: Airtel Launches ODU Smartbox by seankafor(m): 10:55am On Sep 09, 2020
NinjaMetahuman:
yeah 3gb is big deal to you..

I use 3gb in less down 2hrs.

We are different.

If you have to pay 200-300 usd almost anywhere else, you will get unlimited and atleast 18 month deal on "HOME Broadband" and not general mobile network.
their are many other ISP you can patronised if this one isn't convenient for you.
Or better still, you can open yours.. it's a free world after all
Re: Airtel Launches ODU Smartbox by NinjaMetahuman: 11:06am On Sep 09, 2020
seankafor:
their are many other ISP you can patronised if this one isn't convenient for you.
Or better still, you can open yours.. it's a free world after all
or you can just ignore my opinion or make yours without quoting me.

I didn't solicit your opinion or advise.

3 Likes

Re: Airtel Launches ODU Smartbox by seankafor(m): 11:16am On Sep 09, 2020
NinjaMetahuman:
or you can just ignore my opinion or make yours without quoting me.

I didn't solicit your opinion or advise.
or better still, you could just stop spinning and whining like a cry baby dem comot him mama breast from mouth.. undecided
Re: Airtel Launches ODU Smartbox by NinjaMetahuman: 11:20am On Sep 09, 2020
[s]
seankafor:
or better still, you could just stop spinning and whining like a cry baby dem comot him mama breast from mouth.. undecided
[/s]or just fhuck off with your stupidity and go play with sand with your mate.
Re: Airtel Launches ODU Smartbox by seankafor(m): 11:46am On Sep 09, 2020
NinjaMetahuman:
[s][/s]or just fhuck off with your stupidity and go play with sand with your mate.
cry cry babe.. you want to see your mommy tongue.. shey shey shey..shaaaaammee tongue
Re: Airtel Launches ODU Smartbox by NinjaMetahuman: 11:46am On Sep 09, 2020
seankafor:
cry cry babe.. you want to see your mommy tongue.. shey shey shey..shaaaaammee tongue
k

2 Likes

Re: Airtel Launches ODU Smartbox by seankafor(m): 11:49am On Sep 09, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Stream Live Youtube Videos On Your Bb / Tethering On Htc-hd7. Mtn Network. Can Someone Help Me Out? / Blackberry Torch 9810(torch 2) Users Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.