Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,043 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:12 PM

Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History (5558 Views)

These Are The Most Expensive Construction Projects In Human History / WOW! These Are The Mostly Deadly & Expensive Construction Mistakes In The World / Only Geniuses Can Find All 26 Mistakes In This Photo (2) (3) (4)

Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by Researchclue: 9:58am On Sep 09, 2020
Well-researched and interesting 'EDUCATION' PROJECT TOPICS/MATERIALS.

THE EFFECT OF ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS ON ENGLISH LANGUAGE AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN LAGOS STATE (A STUDY OF MATORI GRAMMAR SCHOOL, OKOTA GRAMMAR SCHOOL, AJUMONI SENIOR SCHOOL) .
https://nairaproject.com/projects/4758-the-effect-of-environmental-factors-on-english-language-among-secondary-school-students-in-lagos-state-a-study-of-matori-grammar-school-okota-grammar-school-ajumoni-senior-school.html

for more Education topics and materials, visit https://nairaproject.com/projects/education-project-topics-and-materials/

Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by sinkhole: 10:10am On Sep 09, 2020
YoungBlackRico:
$100 mil is still a huge sum of money to lose in that manner bro. Marriage in the USA is a business venture for some women over there. If same is applicable here, omo cheesy
But why do men marry in that place?
Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by Gmajor(m): 10:31am On Sep 09, 2020
Firstorderwizard:
Burning the library of Alexandria in Egypt is the costliest mistake in human history.
It set the world centuries backwards.
Our great great grand father's may have used smart phones in their time.

Highly unlikely
Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by Nobody: 12:03pm On Sep 09, 2020
Telegram234:
The most costliest mistake was when my grandfather refused to follow the british people that colonized us back to their country.
sad .
gringringrin

Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by DiegoMaria(m): 12:27pm On Sep 09, 2020
Telegram234:
The most costliest mistake was when my grandfather refused to follow the british people that colonized us back to their country.
sad .
if your grandpa hear you
Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by Firstorderwizard(m): 3:06pm On Sep 09, 2020
ksly24:

Nah, dont think so

Do you know the volume of research work that was burnt ?
Alexandria University Town was the world's center of learning and research.
World's greatest thinkers, inventors, philosophers and scientists all have their research published and stored in that library.
Study the history of Alexandria bro.
Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by ksly24(m): 3:58pm On Sep 09, 2020
Firstorderwizard:

Do you know the volume of research work that was burnt
?
Alexandria University Town was the world's center of learning and research.
World's greatest thinkers, inventors, philosophers and scientists all have their research published and stored in that library.
Study the history of Alexandria bro.
I knw, thousands of scrolls, but that doesn't mean technology would have advanced to this level as at that time, you should knw its step by step, development doesn't just come about, humans only learnt how to write about 2 or 3 thousand years before the destruction, and from what I read the humans of then weren't into exploration, which is the driving force behind the advancements we see in technology, exploring only began in the 15th century.
Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by Blacklive11: 4:41pm On Sep 09, 2020
_66-
Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by Xavie(m): 5:31pm On Sep 09, 2020
haiti007:
10. Buhari's father released into Buhari's mother without using protection, and boom there came Sinzu money
grin grin grin walai if to say I know you baa, I for break you Jaw grin

Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by Xavie(m): 5:33pm On Sep 09, 2020
Jayrockk:
This thread should be in front page, but no, its how Erica shouted at laycon and snake someone will see on front page undecided
please what is the main reason lala always posts snakes to front page?, to what ends abeg?
Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by Liposure: 5:41pm On Sep 09, 2020
Yakubu's miss at the worldcup. If only we knew
Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by tuzle(m): 6:23pm On Sep 09, 2020
The first thing I noticed on the list was the fact the money Tiger Woods paid his wife can buy 100 titanics
Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by 4gunners(m): 6:29pm On Sep 09, 2020
Emmypure:
tiger wood own na wetin pain me pass, imagine settling that woman who didn't work for anything that amount just for settlement, I dey craze I rather die than part with that money.
lol.. typical Naija man. Na wetin abroad law cause be that.
Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by eginaP: 6:32pm On Sep 09, 2020
Firstorderwizard:
Burning the library of Alexandria in Egypt is the costliest mistake in human history.

Do more research. What you stated is not exactly correct. Human and technological development is not linear. Many technological success and other historical events happened by accident and immediate need; some also came by historical research material shared over time from multiple other sources not directly related to the age in question.

Also remember that a lot of significant libraries also existed during that time.

Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by 4gunners(m): 6:34pm On Sep 09, 2020
ksly24:

I was now wondering why Ronaldo hasn't tried the knot with his girlfriend grin
Sharp man grin grin If she misbehave, she goes away with what he decides to give her.
Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by Ladiesdoctor(m): 7:04pm On Sep 09, 2020
Another costlier mistake is Nigerians not believing Nnamdi Kanu about Jubril Al-sudani
Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by engrchykae(m): 7:05pm On Sep 09, 2020
Firstorderwizard:
burning the library made him die untimely, infact Alexander is a biological mistake.
His father Philip never liked the boy,but his mother spoilt him.
Aristotle is an evil student who learnt in Egypt and advised Alexander to destroy the Afrocentric source of knowledge to usher in a eurocentric source of knowledge.
Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by Firstorderwizard(m): 8:35pm On Sep 09, 2020
eginaP:

Do more research. What you stated is not exactly correct. Human and technological development is not linear. Many technological success and other historical events happened by accident and immediate need; some also came by historical research material shared over time from multiple other sources not directly related to the age in question.

Also remember that a lot of significant libraries also existed during that time.

The bolded is the source of most discoveries .
Alexandria town is a research based town with enabling facilities infact the town is best suited for research.
Visiting researchers and scholars were granted special status and had all needed resources, funding and support provided by the "government of the day" then.
It's practically the center of learning and research. Yes there are other libraries but the standard differs.
A lot of research efforts was frustrated when the town and it's library was destroyed.

FYI Archimedes had his first invention in Alexandria town
Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by sureteeboy(m): 9:49pm On Sep 09, 2020
engrchykae:
burning the library made him die untimely, infact Alexander is a biological mistake.
Aristotle is an evil student who learnt in Egypt and advised Alexander to destroy the Afrocentric source of knowledge to usher in a eurocentric source of knowledge.
Lol. No be Alexander the great burn am na grin

Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by anonimi: 11:30pm On Sep 09, 2020
Firstorderwizard:

Why spoil your comment with the unrealistic last sentence?

Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by anonimi: 11:32pm On Sep 09, 2020
engrchykae:

In your mind you think that Egyptians are Africans, and not Arabs? Keep dreaming. Keep famzing.

Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by Firstorderwizard(m): 7:17am On Sep 10, 2020
anonimi:

Why spoil your comment with the unrealistic last sentence?

From the quotes I'm getting, I'm beginning to believe that Nigerians are not good readers
That statement is literary but they are seeing it as it is instead of comprehending the context of that statement.

I simply mean we may have attained modern civilization faster than we had done
Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by engrchykae(m): 5:50am On Sep 11, 2020
anonimi:

In your mind you think that Egyptians are Africans, and not Arabs? Keep dreaming. Keep famzing.
the middleeast once was a HAMITIC CIVILIZATION.
are Arabs HAMITIC?
Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by Jayrockk: 1:17am On Sep 12, 2020
Xavie:
please what is the main reason lala always posts snakes to front page?, to what ends abeg?
na him know o
Re: Some Of The Costliest Mistakes In Human History by mayor1814: 4:11pm On Nov 15, 2020
captain Edward Smith, that man really made a costly mistake with the TITANIC. Over a thousand precious lives were lost at the very cold and freezing Atlantic ocean on April 15, 1912. So so sad.

He underestimated the danger of the iceberg.

Ui 2009/2010 Admissions Shortlist. / Muslim Sister Barred From Attending Call To Bar Ceremony / I Need Info On University Of Nigeria Nsukka Part Time Degree Programmes