Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Edo Election: Former PDP Lawmaker Leads Defectors In Uhunmwode To APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Election: Former PDP Lawmaker Leads Defectors In Uhunmwode To APC (1303 Views)

Ganduje Receives NNPP Defectors, Removes Their Kwakwansiya Signature Cap (VIDEO) / Jubilation As Saraki Meets Other Defectors At PDP Secretariat In Abuja. Photos / Apc Wanted To Stop Defectors But It Fail - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Election: Former PDP Lawmaker Leads Defectors In Uhunmwode To APC by Le124(m): 10:15pm On Sep 08, 2020
Mr Paul Odaro, a former member of the Edo House of Assembly, on Tuesday, led defectors from the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in Uhunmwonde Local Government Council of the state to the All Progressives Congress (APC). Speaking during an APC ward-to-ward campaign rally at Eguaholor, in the Uhunmwonde Council, Odaro said their defection was hinged on the alleged unfulfilled electoral promises of Gov. Godwin Obaseki.

He said he had been a PDP member since 1999 but decided to dump the party due to the neglect of his ward by the Obaseki-led administration. Odaro alleged that despite the fact that the Edo governor was from his council, he did not carry out any project there.

On his part, the former governor of the state, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole decried the alleged neglect of infrastructure and development in the area by the Obaseki administration. Oshiomhole stated that it was more worrisome that even the water fountain at the King’s Square in front of Oba’s palace could not be maintained by the governor. He said it was disturbing that the governor was shutting down tertiary institutions and refusing to employ teachers in public schools, thereby denying the people qualitative education. The former governor, therefore, urged the people of the area to vote for the APC in the Sept. 19 election. The campaign team also visited Ehor and Eyean communities, also in Uhunmwonde, where it canvassed for votes for its candidate, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/09/edo-election-former-pdp-lawmaker-leads-defectors-in-uhunmwode-to-apc/

2 Likes

Re: Edo Election: Former PDP Lawmaker Leads Defectors In Uhunmwode To APC by smithsammy(m): 10:17pm On Sep 08, 2020
Only God knows the best between POI and Obaseki, so may His will be done.

God bless Edo state and Nigeria as whole!
Re: Edo Election: Former PDP Lawmaker Leads Defectors In Uhunmwode To APC by BrighterMe: 10:21pm On Sep 08, 2020
Not a new thing. That is how they have been crossing carpet.
Re: Edo Election: Former PDP Lawmaker Leads Defectors In Uhunmwode To APC by garfield1: 10:48pm On Sep 08, 2020
BrighterMe:
Not a new thing. That is how they have been crossing carpet.

It is new oh.with election being next week Saturday,it is crucial
Re: Edo Election: Former PDP Lawmaker Leads Defectors In Uhunmwode To APC by Nobody: 10:54pm On Sep 08, 2020
garfield1:

It is new oh.with election being next week Saturday,it is crucial
I'm 99.9% sure ize iyamu will win. If obaseki see 30% votes then he's stronger than I thought
Re: Edo Election: Former PDP Lawmaker Leads Defectors In Uhunmwode To APC by garfield1: 10:59pm On Sep 08, 2020
Igbosmoker:
I'm 99.9% sure ize iyamu will win. If obaseki see 30% votes then he's stronger than I thought

It would be close like 2016 but with a narrow win for pastor
Re: Edo Election: Former PDP Lawmaker Leads Defectors In Uhunmwode To APC by Nobody: 11:01pm On Sep 08, 2020
garfield1:

It would be close like 2016 but with a narrow win for pastor
narrow?? Do you even know anything about Edo state?

Forget those fools always on nairaland Front pages shouting torgba, 98% has no voters cards to votes in Edo state election and most of them liking the comments are from Edo state
Re: Edo Election: Former PDP Lawmaker Leads Defectors In Uhunmwode To APC by Paramount01(m): 1:30am On Sep 09, 2020
Igbosmoker:
narrow?? Do you even know anything about Edo state?

Forget those fools always on nairaland Front pages shouting torgba, 98% has no voters cards to votes in Edo state election and most of them liking the comments are from Edo state

Are u in Edo?where in Edo are u from
Re: Edo Election: Former PDP Lawmaker Leads Defectors In Uhunmwode To APC by Nobody: 3:49am On Sep 09, 2020
Paramount01:

Are u in Edo?where in Edo are u from
Edo born and I live here
Re: Edo Election: Former PDP Lawmaker Leads Defectors In Uhunmwode To APC by Paramount01(m): 7:55am On Sep 09, 2020
Igbosmoker:
Edo born and I live here
Which part did u stay and who did u think we win your area?
Re: Edo Election: Former PDP Lawmaker Leads Defectors In Uhunmwode To APC by pastaramen99: 7:56am On Sep 09, 2020
Ha this one go tough
Re: Edo Election: Former PDP Lawmaker Leads Defectors In Uhunmwode To APC by IamWonderful: 7:59am On Sep 09, 2020
I see obaseki crying uncontrollable

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: Former PDP Lawmaker Leads Defectors In Uhunmwode To APC by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 09, 2020
Paramount01:

Which part did u stay and who did u think we win your area?
ikpoba okha. upper side.

undecided na ize iyamu go win here na. boys arent happy, no light , erosion don wash our roads, no jobs, thief and cultists everywhere
Re: Edo Election: Former PDP Lawmaker Leads Defectors In Uhunmwode To APC by Paramount01(m): 12:31pm On Sep 09, 2020
Igbosmoker:
ikpoba okha. upper side.

undecided na ize iyamu go win here na. boys arent happy, no light , erosion don wash our roads, no jobs, thief and cultists everywhere

You can't use your side to judge sha...I dey Benin ring road...na obaseki. I'd don't campaign tire for poi
Re: Edo Election: Former PDP Lawmaker Leads Defectors In Uhunmwode To APC by garfield1: 1:19pm On Sep 09, 2020
Paramount01:

You can't use your side to judge sha...I dey Benin ring road...na obaseki. I'd don't campaign tire for poi

I believe that should oredo or Egor lga
Re: Edo Election: Former PDP Lawmaker Leads Defectors In Uhunmwode To APC by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 09, 2020
Paramount01:

ring road ma general area. I reach there this money I even see television obaseki put there. He think say na by that one.

Boys dey hungry
Re: Edo Election: Former PDP Lawmaker Leads Defectors In Uhunmwode To APC by iokpebholo: 1:49pm On Sep 09, 2020
Obasekii will definitely win oredo,Egorand ikpoba okha lga,Don't tag me IPOB pls am currently in ugbowo and am from Edo state
Re: Edo Election: Former PDP Lawmaker Leads Defectors In Uhunmwode To APC by iokpebholo: 1:51pm On Sep 09, 2020
Paramount01:

Don't mind him.Even Ikpoba okha obaseki go still win am
Re: Edo Election: Former PDP Lawmaker Leads Defectors In Uhunmwode To APC by OVB123: 2:02pm On Sep 09, 2020
iokpebholo:
Don't mind him.Even Ikpoba okha obaseki go still win am
I agree with those people that are saying that he (Obaseki) didn't know work in Uhunwonde and may likely lose that LGA but for anybody to say that Obaseki will not win Oredo, Egor and Ikpoba okha LGA is only dreaming because these are the stronghold of obaseki and PDP.

(1) (Reply)

Oduduwa Republic: The Real Omooluabis Are Fed Up. / PHOTO: Former Ambode's Commissioner Joins 2023 Lagos Governorship Race / "Trump Is Like Biafra" - Nnamdi Kanu Breaks Silence On US Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.