Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,824 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Keeping Up With The Kardashians Is OVER After 14 Years On Air, Kim Announces - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Keeping Up With The Kardashians Is OVER After 14 Years On Air, Kim Announces (3703 Views)

John Okafor: Mr. Ibu Set To Mark 40 Years On Screen In Abuja / Pretty Mike Storms Eniola Badmus' 20 Years On Stage In Style / “Keeping Up With Tacha”: Tacha Launches Her Reality Show (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keeping Up With The Kardashians Is OVER After 14 Years On Air, Kim Announces by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:43pm On Sep 08, 2020
Keeping Up With The Kardashians OVER after 14 years: Kim shocks fans by announcing family has made 'difficult decision' to end reality show
• Kim Kardashian broke the news to fans in a lengthy Instagram statement on Tuesday
• The E! reality show first premiered in 2007, originated with Ryan Seacrest, who served as an executive producer
• In April this year, it was claimed the show had its lowing viewing figures which had sunk to under 900k
• At its peak, 10.5 million viewers tuned in to watch Kim's ill-fated wedding to Kris Humphries in 2011
• The series will return for season 19 on Thursday, Sept. 17 followed by one last season in 2021
By GEORGE STARK FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 22:43, 8 September 2020 | UPDATED: 23:34, 8 September 2020

Kim Kardashian has announced that her family's iconic reality show is over after 14 years on air.

In an Instagram message posted on Tuesday, Kim, 39, wrote: 'To our amazing fans - It is with heavy hearts that we've made the difficult decision as a family to say goodbye to Keeping Up with the Kardashians.

'After what will be 14 years, 20 seasons, hundreds of episodes and numerous spin-off shows, we are beyond grateful to all of you who've watched us for all of these years – through the good times, the bad times, the happiness, the tears, and the many relationships and children.

Shock announcement: Kim Kardashian revealed her family has made the 'difficult decision' to end Keeping Up With The Kardashians

'We'll forever cherish the wonderful memories and countless people we've met along the way. Thank you to the thousands of individuals and businesses that have been a part of this experience,' she wrote.

Kim added: 'Most importantly, a very special thank you to Ryan Seacrest for believing in us, E! for being our partner, and our production team at Bunim/Murray, who've spent countless hours documenting our lives.

'Our last season will air early next year in 2021. Without Keeping Up with The Kardashians, I wouldn't be where I am today. I am so incredibly grateful to everyone who has watched and supported me and my family these past 14 incredible years.'

'This show made us who we are and I will be forever in debt to everyone who played a role in shaping our careers and changing our lives forever. With Love and Gratitude, Kim.'

Where it all began: Above is a picture of the first viewing party for Keeping Up with the Kardashians way back in 2007 ahead of it airing on E! for the first time

Family statement: After Kim Kardashian posted, her family members quickly followed suit with a similar statement signed from the whole gang

The E! networks added in a statement, 'E! has been the home and extended family to the Kardashian-Jenners for what will be 14 years, featuring the lives of this empowering family.'

'Along with all of you, we have enjoyed following the intimate moments the family so bravely shared by letting us into their daily lives.'

'While it has been an absolute privilege and we will miss them wholeheartedly, we respect the family's decision to live their lives without our cameras. It is not our final goodbye yet, we are excited to have the new season of Keeping Up with the Kardashians launching on September 17 with the final season airing in 2021.

Poor turn out: In April this year, it was reported that viewership had sunk to 871,000 viewers, making that episode the 4th lowest rated episode ever

The statement concluded: 'We thank the entire extended family and our production partners, Bunim Murray and Ryan Seacrest Productions for embarking on this global phenomenon together.'

The show had an endless supply of celebrity guest stars over the years, but most notably there were appearances from Hugh Hefner, Mel B, Kobe Bryant, Lindsay Lohan, Serena Williams, and even TV legend Oprah Winfrey.

While the show has undoubtedly had an extraordinary run, its more recent series have suffered poor ratings.

In April this year, it was reported that viewership had sunk to 871,000 viewers, making that episode the 4th lowest rated episode ever.

Stars were born: The show made names out of Kendall and Kylie Jenner who are now huge celebrities in their own right, with Kendall becoming a talented super model and Kylie a make-up mogul

At its peak, KUWTK earned E! its most-watched day ever, when 10.5 million viewers tuned in to watch Kim's ill-fated wedding to Kris Humphries - the episode, Kim's Fairytale Wedding: A Kardashian Event - Part 2, aired in 2011.

However, as the viewership has dipped, the family's social media presence has only grown stronger - which could explain why fans are flocking to their Instagram Stories to get their fix, instead of the television show.

There have been 12 spin-off series on E! including, Kourtney and Khloe Take Miami, Kourtney and Kim Take New York, Kourtney and Kim Take Miami, Kourtney and Khloe Take the Hamptons, Khloe and Lamar, Sex with Brody, I Am Cait, DASH Dolls, Life of Kylie, Rob & Chyna, Revenge Body with Khloe Kardashian and Flip It Like Disick.

Breaking the news: Kim was the first person to reveal the show's demise, as she has always been the star of the series

READ MORE

Is reality TV good for all parties involved? or is it that social media has taken over from the TV? undecided
Re: Keeping Up With The Kardashians Is OVER After 14 Years On Air, Kim Announces by aaking(m): 11:53pm On Sep 08, 2020
Only JESUS CHRIST is Forever.

2 Likes

Re: Keeping Up With The Kardashians Is OVER After 14 Years On Air, Kim Announces by nBag(m): 12:01am On Sep 09, 2020
was never a fan. but ok... noted
Re: Keeping Up With The Kardashians Is OVER After 14 Years On Air, Kim Announces by Duchessree(f): 12:15am On Sep 09, 2020
Omg, I'm going to miss this show, KUWTK is the only reality show i like watching sad

1 Like

Re: Keeping Up With The Kardashians Is OVER After 14 Years On Air, Kim Announces by thesicilian: 12:33am On Sep 09, 2020
How we will ever survive without it. undecided
Re: Keeping Up With The Kardashians Is OVER After 14 Years On Air, Kim Announces by googlepikins: 12:45am On Sep 09, 2020
Na Kendall fine pass. No cap

2 Likes

Re: Keeping Up With The Kardashians Is OVER After 14 Years On Air, Kim Announces by Chimeluv(f): 1:44am On Sep 09, 2020
They have made enough money from the show they should go and rest undecided
Re: Keeping Up With The Kardashians Is OVER After 14 Years On Air, Kim Announces by Mathiasa(m): 4:37am On Sep 09, 2020
After scarming the scarmable

Re: Keeping Up With The Kardashians Is OVER After 14 Years On Air, Kim Announces by egopersonified(f): 5:05am On Sep 09, 2020
Ten years ago, this was my BBN like addiction.

1 Like

Re: Keeping Up With The Kardashians Is OVER After 14 Years On Air, Kim Announces by Virginnn(f): 5:56am On Sep 09, 2020
Watching reàlity shows is a no no for me. I have a lot of realities of my own to grapple with

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keeping Up With The Kardashians Is OVER After 14 Years On Air, Kim Announces by femi4: 7:07am On Sep 09, 2020
egopersonified:
Ten years ago, this was my BBN like addiction.
Wow, you ve been keeping up with her fake world for 14yrs
Re: Keeping Up With The Kardashians Is OVER After 14 Years On Air, Kim Announces by Memberclub(m): 7:09am On Sep 09, 2020
Virginnn:
Watching reàlity shows is a no no for me.
I have a lot of realities of my own to grapple with
Who asked?
Re: Keeping Up With The Kardashians Is OVER After 14 Years On Air, Kim Announces by Litigant(f): 7:22am On Sep 09, 2020
Awww .. painful sad the way I love this family ehn.. thanks to this show. Been watching it since secondary school grin grin I was so addicted. Immediately I'm home for holiday or midterm, E was my channel.. there were programs like : Kendra, Playboy Mansion, one lady like that and her 2 beautiful girls (can't remember the name) but keeping up with the K was my favorite.

Will definitely miss them cos I still watch till now ohh even if they r showing old episodes lol
I love their family, through all the ups and downs, nothing can break their bond.

They are all doing well now and extremely rich( i don't know about Rob tho) with Kylie and Kim being a billionaire.. Kris is blessed jare.. a good mother which I admire alot
Re: Keeping Up With The Kardashians Is OVER After 14 Years On Air, Kim Announces by emmy512: 8:14am On Sep 09, 2020
Litigant:
Awww .. painful sad the way I love this family ehn.. thanks to this show. Been watching it since secondary school grin grin I was so addicted. Immediately I'm home for holiday or midterm, E was my channel.. there were programs like : Kendra, Playboy Mansion, one lady like that and her 2 beautiful girls (can't remember the name) but keeping up with the K was my favorite.

Will definitely miss them cos I still watch till now ohh even if they r showing old episodes lol
I love their family, through all the ups and downs, nothing can break their bond.

They are all doing well now and extremely rich( i don't know about Rob tho) with Kylie and Kim being a billionaire.. Kris is blessed jare.. a good mother which I admire alot
You missed 90210

1 Like

Re: Keeping Up With The Kardashians Is OVER After 14 Years On Air, Kim Announces by jesmond3945: 8:38am On Sep 09, 2020
The show that brought vain glory and self adulation to the world which birthed the instagram madness of selfie
Re: Keeping Up With The Kardashians Is OVER After 14 Years On Air, Kim Announces by Litigant(f): 9:31am On Sep 09, 2020
emmy512:

You missed 90210
oh yes, those doctors right? I feel like E had more interesting shows then than now. Botched is good too tho
Re: Keeping Up With The Kardashians Is OVER After 14 Years On Air, Kim Announces by Peace081: 9:32am On Sep 09, 2020
I prefer BBN
Re: Keeping Up With The Kardashians Is OVER After 14 Years On Air, Kim Announces by Litigant(f): 9:35am On Sep 09, 2020
jesmond3945:
The show that brought vain glory and self adulation to the world which birthed the instagram madness of selfie
but people are making money and career through the same Instagram. It's not that bad
Re: Keeping Up With The Kardashians Is OVER After 14 Years On Air, Kim Announces by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:41am On Sep 09, 2020
It's interesting to know that Kanye West was not Kim Kardashian's first husband. Nevertheless, Kim needs to repent and trust in Jesus Christ for her to be saved.

1 Like

Re: Keeping Up With The Kardashians Is OVER After 14 Years On Air, Kim Announces by jesmond3945: 10:45am On Sep 09, 2020
Litigant:
but people are making money and career through the same Instagram. It's not that bad
is the vanity. Unless you subscribe to instagram oloshoism
Re: Keeping Up With The Kardashians Is OVER After 14 Years On Air, Kim Announces by Vyzz: 10:53am On Sep 09, 2020
I never watched this show

Now I wish I had
Re: Keeping Up With The Kardashians Is OVER After 14 Years On Air, Kim Announces by Vyzz: 10:53am On Sep 09, 2020
I never watched this show

Now I wish I had
Re: Keeping Up With The Kardashians Is OVER After 14 Years On Air, Kim Announces by Denique(f): 11:33am On Sep 09, 2020
Litigant:

Kimora Lee- the lady with the 'Golden Toilet", the ex wife of Russell Simons. The show used to be "Life in the Fab Lane" later renamed to "House of Fab"
Her intro: "...and this is my fab life!"
You're welcome! wink
Re: Keeping Up With The Kardashians Is OVER After 14 Years On Air, Kim Announces by Stephenmoka4(m): 12:22pm On Sep 09, 2020
Beautiful girls, good show too.
Re: Keeping Up With The Kardashians Is OVER After 14 Years On Air, Kim Announces by Litigant(f): 2:56pm On Sep 09, 2020
Denique:

Kimora Lee- the lady with the 'Golden Toilet", the ex wife of Russell Simons. The show used to be "Life in the Fab Lane" later renamed to "House of Fab"
Her intro: "...and this is my fab life!"
You're welcome! wink
oh yassss Kimora Lee grin cheesy smiley her girls are grown now

1 Like

Re: Keeping Up With The Kardashians Is OVER After 14 Years On Air, Kim Announces by Denique(f): 3:02pm On Sep 09, 2020
Litigant:
oh yassss Kimora Lee grin cheesy smiley her girls are grown now
E! had all of my attention back then...but we grown now grin
Re: Keeping Up With The Kardashians Is OVER After 14 Years On Air, Kim Announces by IdreamOfUnicorn(f): 3:56pm On Sep 09, 2020
Adios to them.
E-entertainment won't stop repeating their early 2000s episodes
Re: Keeping Up With The Kardashians Is OVER After 14 Years On Air, Kim Announces by SpicyMimi(f): 4:10pm On Sep 09, 2020
Now they can enjoy freedom

By the way, we have new cooooooool polos, T-shirt’s and other clothings for Men! 100% cotton! And extremely affordable... 50% discount off! Kindly check my profile for pics and prices
Re: Keeping Up With The Kardashians Is OVER After 14 Years On Air, Kim Announces by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:02pm On Sep 10, 2020
aaking:

Only JESUS CHRIST is Forever.

Amen! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Keeping Up With The Kardashians Is OVER After 14 Years On Air, Kim Announces by Shellsploit: 3:35am On Sep 11, 2020
e remain BBN naija

(1) (2) (Reply)

Angelina Jolie Removes Both Of Her Bréasts So That She Won’t Get Cancer / The 3 Best Female Stars, Who Is The Hottest, Tiwa Savage, Omawunmi And Chidinma, / Photos: Iyobosa Lebarty Poses Half Nude To Celebrate Nigeria's Independence 18+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.