Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,402 members, 7,819,429 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Buhari: I’ve Done More With Fewer Resources - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: I’ve Done More With Fewer Resources (500 Views)

Buhari: I’ve Not Endorsed Any Aspirant / No Fewer Than 18 Nigerian Army Generals Test Positive For COVID-19 / Buhari Will Get Fewer Votes In North In 2019 — Shekarau (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: I’ve Done More With Fewer Resources by Crownbefitsme(f): 3:47am On Sep 09, 2020

President Muhammadu Buhari says his administration is doing its best in carrying out its mandate, considering the available resources.

Speaking at the closing ceremony of the one-year ministerial performance review retreat in Abuja on Tuesday, Buhari asked the “Nigerian elites” to judge him fairly, and that ministers should vigorously defend the government.

According to him, more has been achieved with little resources compared to previous administrations when oil sold at a higher rate.

“I have charged all of you to defend the government vigorously and not allow any irresponsible and politically motivated statements to keep spreading falsehoods about this government,” he said.

“Information to the public should be better packaged; go on the offensive, we are proud of our achievements and we should blow our own trumpets.

“I want the Nigerian elites, please encourage them, to judge us fairly… the average production of oil in the country, from 1999 to 2014, was 2.1 million barrels per day (and) sold at an average price of $100.

“When we came, it collapsed to $37, $38 per barrel, you know it. And the militants were unleashed on the administration, and the production went down to half a million barrels per day.

“I want you to please reflect. What was the condition of the infrastructure then, in spite of those earnings? The roads, the rail was dead and there was no power; up till now, no power. Where does the money go?”

‘I AM BEING CALLED ‘BABA GO SLOW”

Buhari added that contrary to what obtained when he was military head of state when people were detained at will, he is “trying to follow the system” in fighting corruption.

“Now, I’m being called ‘baba go slow’,” he said.

The president further directed the release of funds for implementation of the federal government’s N2.3 trillion economic sustainability plan and for capital projects in the 2020 budget.

“I also enjoin ministers to ensure that funds released are utilised efficiently and transparently in implementing the programmes and projects under the line priority areas of government,” he said.

“On behalf of the people of Nigeria, I demand uttermost levels of performance, deliverables and results. I look forward to a result orientated year with tremendous benefits that will continue to change the lives of our people positively.”

https://www.thecable.ng/buhari-ive-done-more-with-fewer-resources

Re: Buhari: I’ve Done More With Fewer Resources by Oxb90: 4:01am On Sep 09, 2020
"that ministers should vigorously defend the government." did you see that.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: I’ve Done More With Fewer Resources by Openbusiness: 4:04am On Sep 09, 2020
shocked
Re: Buhari: I’ve Done More With Fewer Resources by Oxb90: 4:04am On Sep 09, 2020
"Information to the public should be better packaged; go on the offensive, we are proud of our achievements and we should blow our own trumpets". Critics beware!

1 Like

Re: Buhari: I’ve Done More With Fewer Resources by Maxymilliano(m): 4:07am On Sep 09, 2020
This is a case of lizard that falls from the top of a palm tree, looked around but couldn't find anyone with a thumb up and decided to nod its head in self accomplishment.

Yeye Man

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I’ve Done More With Fewer Resources by omlueh(m): 4:07am On Sep 09, 2020
You have tried a bit, but by increasing fuel price and electricity tariffs is totally wrong, that is what majority of the populace used as ends means for survival, you all politicians and political leaders are Bastards and Self centered. Criminals adding to the sufferings of the poor masses.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I’ve Done More With Fewer Resources by Obidon1(m): 4:46am On Sep 09, 2020
Baba should stop talking about his performance because I rate him f9

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: I’ve Done More With Fewer Resources by CodeTemplar: 5:10am On Sep 09, 2020
Govt of comparison. You did more indeed. You killed more with fewer bullets(hunger). You feed more (media propaganda) with less rice. You are too much sir.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari: I’ve Done More With Fewer Resources by Stephenomozzy(m): 5:13am On Sep 09, 2020
I once told a guy that the guy i was talking to is only eating from his own pot of complete incompetence. He came blaring sounds of political salvation in 2015....technically ran tbe nation broke and indebted.... Now he's complaining of having fewer resources.... You dwindled the resources, Sir!

Na so I tell the guy.

Long live our President grin
Re: Buhari: I’ve Done More With Fewer Resources by CodeTemplar: 5:15am On Sep 09, 2020

‘I AM BEING CALLED ‘BABA GO SLOW”
Buhari added that contrary to what obtained when he was military head of state when people were detained at will, he is “trying to follow the system” in fighting corruption.
“Now, I’m being called ‘baba go slow’,” he said.

He even compares himself to himself in a bid to highlight nonexistent changes. Did he follow due process in handling dasuki, or sowore?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: I’ve Done More With Fewer Resources by columbuspoll88: 5:15am On Sep 09, 2020
Really?

1 Like

Re: Buhari: I’ve Done More With Fewer Resources by CodeTemplar: 5:20am On Sep 09, 2020
Stephenomozzy:
I once told a guy that the guy i was talking to is only eating from his own pot of complete incompetence. He came blaring sounds of political salvation in 2015....technically ran tbe nation broke and indebted.... Now he's complaining of having fewer resources.... You dwindled the resources, Sir!

Na so I tell the guy.

Long live our President grin
In another thread, he boasts about closing inequality gap. Now he is saying he did little with less. He closed gaps by making the rich poorer.

Same mentality Nigerian academicians use to justify mass failure of student. The will tell you it means their courses are harder instead of admitting they failed in the basic task of dissemination of knowledge.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari: I’ve Done More With Fewer Resources by haiti007(m): 5:52am On Sep 09, 2020
Baba continue jare, we the Nigerian yoots are solidly behind you, you have garner massive followers with the best governance one could ever boast of ✌️
Re: Buhari: I’ve Done More With Fewer Resources by allthingsgood: 6:02am On Sep 09, 2020
Oxb90:
"that ministers should vigorously defend the government." did you see that.

So??
Re: Buhari: I’ve Done More With Fewer Resources by allthingsgood: 6:03am On Sep 09, 2020
CodeTemplar:
In another thread, he boasts about closing inequality gap. Now he is saying he did little with less. He closed gaps by making the rich poorer.

Same mentality Nigerian academicians use to justify mass failure of student. The will tell you it means their courses are harder instead of admitting they failed in the basic task of dissemination of knowledge.

Wrong. He closed the gap by investing in infrastructure. At least nobody can deny this govt infrastructure debt, tho there's still much to be done. But at least we start from somewhere
Re: Buhari: I’ve Done More With Fewer Resources by orisa37: 6:11am On Sep 09, 2020
No. You can not be your own JUDGE. For the Eyes see not themselves but by Reflection and by other means. You have just wasted MANPOWER RESOURCES AND MISAPPROPRIATED FUNDS ON PURELY POOR DECISION MAKING POLICIES. THE FUND SPENT ON MIYETTI ALLAH AND ON BOKOHARAM TROUBLE SHOOTING, RELEASES AND RETRAINING AND ON RIFA-RUGA ISLAMISATION FULANISATION AND ANARCHY POLICY IS A MILITARY FASHION MISAPPROPRIATION OF OUR RESOURCES.

GENERATE FUNDS AND NOT SQUANDER FUNDS IS THE LANGUAGE OF DEVELOPMENT.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: I’ve Done More With Fewer Resources by surgical: 7:01am On Sep 09, 2020
He has borrowed more than any regime in history,to the extent of borrowing rice,beans,and corn from ECOWAS after closing borders and claiming self sufficiency in rice
Tax Nigerians more than any government
Refused to pay subsidy sells petrol higher than any regime
All these are sources of funds too aside income from crude
The basic problem with buhari is that he just came to fulfill the ambition to rule not to do the job,even though he is clueless and incompetent,he could have made up with a sound team
But good governance is not his goal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I’ve Done More With Fewer Resources by Lovelive: 7:05am On Sep 09, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Govt of comparison. You did more indeed. You killed more with fewer bullets(hunger). You feed more (media propaganda) with less rice. You are too much sir.
Re: Buhari: I’ve Done More With Fewer Resources by Lovelive: 7:07am On Sep 09, 2020
CodeTemplar:

Re: Buhari: I’ve Done More With Fewer Resources by Peacemaker5129(f): 7:09am On Sep 09, 2020
These people will have contrary opinion

Re: Buhari: I’ve Done More With Fewer Resources by Susu888(m): 7:10am On Sep 09, 2020
Abeg loud it sir cuz many hateful idiots don't seem to understand that.
Re: Buhari: I’ve Done More With Fewer Resources by TheVultureGrill(f): 7:13am On Sep 09, 2020
USELESS OLD VEGETABLE IN ASO ROCK!
THUNDER SCATTER YOUR OLD USELESS TORTOISE HEAD FOR THERE!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari: I’ve Done More With Fewer Resources by Sammy07: 7:17am On Sep 09, 2020
Well he tried condering the resources available with him though.

But, his nepotism and non challant attitude towards security cannot be overlooked.

I only prayed that any southern president should also display that type of nepotism too.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: I’ve Done More With Fewer Resources by Nobody: 7:18am On Sep 09, 2020
add the billions of dollars that was loan from China and you have more money available than any other administration

1 Like

Re: Buhari: I’ve Done More With Fewer Resources by toserve: 8:41am On Sep 09, 2020
[s]
Peacemaker5129:
These people will have contrary opinion
[/s]
Re: Buhari: I’ve Done More With Fewer Resources by History555: 8:45am On Sep 09, 2020
Oga the Nigeria masses are the ones to judge you because they are at the receiving end of your incompetence not the elite who are living large with 20 houses and 100 cars

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I’ve Done More With Fewer Resources by Finnese001: 8:48am On Sep 09, 2020
Failure in human form

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I’ve Done More With Fewer Resources by Achuwa1(m): 8:54am On Sep 09, 2020
You borrowed more than any regime since the almagamation of Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I’ve Done More With Fewer Resources by CodeTemplar: 9:30am On Sep 09, 2020
allthingsgood:

Wrong. He closed the gap by investing in infrastructure. At least nobody can deny this govt infrastructure debt, tho there's still much to be done. But at least we start from somewhere
Like Aregbesola did to Osun by borrowing to build things with no short term returns in sight right?
You must think everybody is a dafty.
GEJ the failure did more and borrowed less. How about that? Stop defending a diplomatic disaster.
Re: Buhari: I’ve Done More With Fewer Resources by Tetrahedron: 9:31am On Sep 09, 2020
Sharap!
What of Fulani herdsmen
Re: Buhari: I’ve Done More With Fewer Resources by allthingsgood: 12:03pm On Sep 09, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Like Aregbesola did to Osun by borrowing to build things with no short term returns in sight right?
You must think everybody is a dafty.
GEJ the failure did more and borrowed less. How about that? Stop defending a diplomatic disaster.

Lmao. u are funny
GEJ is the worst government in mankinds history

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Is Worse Than A Zoo / Breaking: Vote Buying In Edo As Aggrieved Voters Protest / 2023: South-east Ready To Go On Their Knees Before Other Zones — Ezeife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.